Pick one stagnant technology to magically be given the attention it deserves...

Pick one stagnant technology to magically be given the attention it deserves. It doesn't have to be for the good of all humanity, just something you personally are disappointed to have not seen go anywhere in a while.
Mine is e-ink. Apparently it's being worked on because there's cool stuff at trade shows, but the consumer version has been pretty much the same ever since the first ereaders.

Attached: Demonstration-of-e-Ink-technology-eInk-paper-is-thin-flexible-and-content-can-be.png (636x689, 262K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/dxgYcDBKq9Y?t=96
youtu.be/hxv7mmKHRhs
youtube.com/watch?v=WIAQFE0L_c4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

CRT monitors

javascript

CRT monitors

CP/M

Mossad

I'm going to second e-Ink. That stuff is so cool.

Renewable energy storage density

Attached: 1479208071364.png (230x328, 11K)

Ada

Gene editing

How about an e-ink CRT hybrid?

telephone call quality (non wifi)

Attached: phonegirls_converted.webm (640x360, 1017K)

>Being this autistic

E-Ink isn't really dead. I use a Yotaphone 2 and I'm saving for a Dasung Paperlike and a Yotaphone 3

VoLTE fixes this if your carrier supports it and both ends have it. Sadly most chink phones don't support it.

i want to be able to call landlines and have sound good. call quality is shit these days compared to the 80s and 90s.

Glossy colour e-ink would be kind of incredible.

Landlines go over legacy landline technology and the quality will be limited by that.

*Matte
Glossy sucks big salty black balls

ACEP soon

Supercapacitors

Fax Machines

smart cards

Well today it's about as good as black and white print newspaper before color, so I'd like the next step to be as good as the early colored magazines and comics. I don't care if it's a limited palette and we have to bring back the trickery used in those days.
I find it a lot more fair to compare e-ink to advancements in printing than display technology.

Attached: comic dots.jpg (2406x3785, 919K)

If "magically" means infinite money until it works, then obviously fusion.

FireWire

Tf

That's like asking for an anchor parachute hybrid. Makes no sense.

Graphene

quality is limited by the shittiness of the noise cancelling and codecs used by phones. landline phones from the 80s sound 100x better than the mobile phones of today.

FED / SED

close but wrong

SNED FED / SED (formerly CHUK FUK / SUK)

when?
youtu.be/dxgYcDBKq9Y?t=96

They aren't though. They limit to just a narrow piece of the vocal band, just enough for voice, so more signals can be frequency multiplexed. VoLTE and other VoIP type solutions give far better quality.

>e-ink book pages
That would be cool.
That way I could get a digital book and still flip through the pages.
Also I could have an entire library on it.
The only think I wouldn't like is how closed a system it would likely be.

Magnetic tape recording. Shit is HiFi with proper equipment.

true, that kind of e-ink i would really be into
the current tech is just bullshit, those ebook readers are all crap

magnetic tapes can hold digital data, that is as hifi as you want it to be

Nuclear fusion

I'd rather pick SED panels, they were pmuch an upgraded CRT screen.

youtu.be/hxv7mmKHRhs

Attached: BFC9.jpg (900x585, 71K)

Teledildonics

Attached: frixion.demo_.2.png (615x353, 239K)

General purpose electrowetting displays.
youtube.com/watch?v=WIAQFE0L_c4

when do patents or whatever expire for e-ink, as far as i remember thats the only thing holding them back for a while now.

Data compression.

I wish mice would get the mechanical keyboard meme treatment. Hundreds of companies from basement NEETs to Chinese ripoffs to shitty gaymer brands all putting out huge numbers of interchangeable parts that you can mix and match. I want hot-swappable scroll wheels and artisanal skates with opensource firmware and so on.

Cold fusion

Caseless ammunition

High temperature super conductors

Something like pic related, but free as in freedom, and also not abandoned.

Attached: winfs_1.jpg (181x164, 12K)

Battery capacity

Bitcoin

Is the Paperlike any better than a large ereader with HDMI-in? I don't see why you'd go for that over something like a Boox Max 2

Haiku

Neuralink I guess.
Really though I'd give my left nut to have Jow Forums's wiki properly updated. Nearly all of the recommended software pages are horribly outdated.

This a thousand times over. No more stupid panels