Are there technical differences which make Linux less vulnerable to virus than Windows?

Are there technical differences which make Linux less vulnerable to virus than Windows?

Attached: 1562778513709.jpg (1280x720, 83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sel4.systems/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Windows is the lowest common denominator for stupid people so it gets the most shit sticking to it

linux has just as many viruses, if not more, than windows. the linux kernel is not more secure than the NT kernel that windows uses. this is because the linux kernel is open source. open source software is an easy target for zero day attacks because a skilled attacker can easily identify security holes in the code without informing the main engineers. since the NT kernel is closed source, security issues in that kernel would have to come after much more time reverse engineering and sophisticated guesswork unless an attacker is working directly inside microsoft.

the largest botnet is the mirai botnet, which is a linux botnet and not a botnet for windows systems. linux systems are vulnerable to ransomware and other attacks. also, MySQL operates on a linux system and is not protected due to the kernel, hence the incredible success rate in running injection attacks. while the desktop linux user does not have much to worry about due to the desktop's failure to catch on to a popular market outside of a user who has little use for commercial software and desires an extreme degree of customization for their computer, the linux in enterprise spaces and web spaces is just as difficult to secure as a windows server installation.

No. Almost any OS problem is PEBKAC at this point, as alluded to by . Note all the Android exploits out there, which has the same "99% of users are idiots" issue.

Linux has less than 3% of the desktop market so is a small target for virus writers.
Android, however, is a much bigger player in the mobile area. In fact, Android is a model of what Linux would be like if it ever gained enough traction on the desktop.
so, as long as Linux stays at "Sekret Klub" level it's pretty safe.
Besides, Linux users are "poorly funded" to quote a market analyst, so are not attractive targets.

All operating systems written in insecure languages, like C/C++, are riddled with exploits. Trying to compare them is like trying to judge the tallest midget at the carnival.

Attached: Rust_programming_language_black_logo.svg.png (1200x1200, 56K)

>open source software is an easy target for zero day attacks because a skilled attacker can easily identify security holes in the code without informing the main engineers
You're literally espousing security through obscurity. Gtfo.

no one cares to hack linux because only autistic NEET weebs use it at home and servers are managed by competent people

Do we include Andriod in the Linux figures? If so there are a shit load of exploits to it that probably affects as much if not more users than windows currently does

>linux has just as many viruses, if not more, than windows
Source: your ass.

>this is because the linux kernel is open source. open source software is an easy target for zero day attacks because a skilled attacker can easily identify security holes in the code without informing the main engineers
This same property allows people to audit code and send in fixes. In addition, because NT is closed, it's particularly easy for a discovered hole to remain unknown to the staff at MS.

>the largest botnet is the mirai botnet, which is a linux botnet and not a botnet for windows systems.
Mirai operates largely through standard, brute attacks against common and default passwords used in shitty garbage IoT devices (any kind of "smart device" is universally built by total fucking morons, such as the famous cases of fingerprint padlocks that can be opened and then unlocked with a screwdriver)

>also, MySQL operates on a linux system and is not protected due to the kernel
SQL injection happens on Windows systems same as on Linux ones.

your post is shit and you should off yourself, retard

>Are there technical differences which make Linux less vulnerable to virus than Windows?
i find the biggest vulnerability to a system is the users

Attached: il_340x270.1989369123_j4no.jpg (340x270, 14K)

this
>t. autistic NEET weeb that uses it at home

Attached: 1428281445415.gif (640x360, 399K)

Windows is just a better target.

>Tranny Rust poster
Yikes

Attached: 1518394765098.png (571x618, 59K)

Dilate

> servers are managed by competent people
lol

>responding seriously to a copypasta shitpost
Fuck off newfags

Fuck off tranny, go make the 40% proud

Are there technical reasons your feeble mind thinks Gabrial Dropout is worth watching?

satania is cute

Why?

They should just start making anime about people that have to take care of retarded or even vegitable lolis so you pedo pricks will be too busy jerking off to spam Jow Forums with your garbage.

Oh shit nvm "they" burned to the fucking ground and 30 animators died.

>linux
>windows
>macos
>dos
those are pretty badly designed os's actually, but they run on anything so that's that
the solid os's are still out there, but i guess what we do is not that important so we don't get them on our toy hardware

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 24K)

Scaming people who can't even afford software is too low for haxxor like me

>愛してるさわこ !BE/4wes0mE

Attached: tenor.gif (498x280, 2.83M)

that is the sqame as asking why you use linux faggot neckbeard

No it isn't, she is a shitty character like the main girl from Lucky Star. You can't explain why she is cute because it makes you sound like a fucking moron (you are one).

You can't infect computers running linux if they don't exist.

Attached: 1560104882722.jpg (549x1024, 183K)

Have sex

Everyone is too lazy to write (open source!) code for Linux viruses to steal from poor people.

The irony being that trannies literally can't have sex and that's why they anhero.

(that means suicide you fucking newfag tranny apologist faggot.)

>replying to dumb attention whoring tripfag
wew

hey @!BE/4wes0mE what rizon channel?

Attached: tenor (1).gif (498x278, 1.22M)

Macs seem pretty secure.
I mean 20% of households own one and yet they still haven't made viruses for them.

I can't even remember the last time I logged into rizon.
Probably 2013

Also christ if you have been here that long and you are the one spamming gabriel dropout you probably really are the lucky star spammer.

damn guess i will just have to stalk you here

Attached: tumblr_mkpnejBOdF1rj588zo1_500.gif (500x280, 985K)

Nothing to stalk dude.
I have no friends and don't use any social media.

I'm an alcoholic that spends all my free time lifting weights and watching anime.

i have only been on irc since 2018, and i am nobody special ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ

Kind of a given if you login to rizon ever in the course of your life.
I don't judge though I spent years shitting up channels there.

Jow Forums is becoming social media worthy everyday tho and lifting weights ewwww true form of manliness is /thinspo/

t. virgin

I'm almost 40 I have to lift weights or my body will start shitting out.

>trannies can't have sex
there is nothing preventing anybody from fucking then in the ass
and if you mean they can't attract people, have you ever heard of chasers?

>ctrl+f sel4
>0 results

I'm ashamed of you guys.
>microkernel which is demonstrably more performant
>mathematically proven end to end
>open source

sel4.systems/

wtf I just googled thinspo
Its literally a pro anorexia movement?
lmfao I'm 180lbs 5'10" 20% bodyfat and I rep 4x10 205lbs on bench.

>if you mean they can't attract people, have you ever heard of chasers?

Its all bullshit.
Trannies on grindr and tinder don't get matches, not even one.
They literally can not get a single date over the course of literally years in cities with huge populations.

Because... druroll.... they are fucking gross.

Your disgusting faggot tranny jerking ass doesn't want to date a tranny, you want to fuck a prostitute and then cry in a shower while you scrub yourself raw. These queers honestly think they can find love lmfao.

>above 15% body fat
yikes

source?

no its just about eating less. seriously why should someone eat a huge amount of calories if the don't burn any of those calories since the just sit in front of a computer all day. yes i suppose lifting weights is a bit more healthy but I am to lazy for that shit

There was some interview with high profile transgenders that couldn't get a single date and they requested stats from dating sites that correlated it.... I can't remember the name of the show that aired it but it was pretty fucking brutal.

>why should someone eat a huge amount of calories if the don't burn any of those calories

Because eating an entire bag of 50 pizza rolls is fucking awesome?

Pic related, my fat ass after binging on beer and pizza for literally months.

Attached: wew.png (1140x1295, 1.3M)

try and run a single mile every day. it will take maybe 10 minutes at most. once that gets easy, bump it up to one and a half. then 2. then 3. if I could do it op anyone can.
t.lazy sack of shit

i thought you posted a pic of a mtf tranny at first because of how wide and luscious your hips are

Nice gyno, faggot