>Previous thread 72128944

>Read

>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of Windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSC?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Attached: HamasTupac.png (324x250, 189K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCpcv404DxfhGYhXgyB9Aoeg/videos
forums.anandtech.com/threads/intel-firmware-recovery-agent-and-management-engine-do-i-need-these.2422588/
invidio.us/
corsair.com/de/en/Categories/Products/Power-Supply-Units/SF-Series™-80-PLUS-Gold-Power-Supplies/p/CP-9020104-EU
youtube.com/watch?v=aQSDZOZ0cJ0
youtube.com/watch?v=k0yGOSZUHwA
youtube.com/watch?v=z2FeytELBK0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Rx 560 + Dell Inc. 0GDG8Y Motherboard + i3-2120 = Blank Screen. How to Fix?
I've updated the BIOS to the most recent available for the vostros 260.
I have made sure to connect to the GPU instead of the onboard graphics
The powersupply is 600 W
There does seem to be a socket near the PCIE slot but I don't have a wire that can connect to the three prongs.
What should/can I do without buying something extra?

why do niggers hate work?

Define work.
Sudanese people don't mind becoming mercenaries for Saudi Arabia and getting shot in yemen

I work a non-tech consulting job and for some reason I ended up applying to a meme tech unicorn company for a sales job and they like me.

The only tech experience i have is running mint on my laptop, basic python for automating my office work, and browsing Jow Forums for years.

What am I in for? Is software sales a decent job? Am I fucked of I accept this? The pay bump sounds like it'll be pretty decent, but I don't have any experience with this shit.

my external HD shat the bed and I'm currently recovering the files with photorec

so far most of it isn't corrupt, but do any anons know of a better data recovery program that might preserve filename/directory structure?

Attached: 62e.png (491x585, 65K)

just use your google fu and copy paste skills and talk about mount points and tempfile systems and other nonsense until you can fix it.

and best of luck too you. take the pay bump for as long as possible.

Attached: giphy.gif (480x480, 1.62M)

What's a decent enough free e-mail? I've been using my old Hotmail/Outlook account for over 20 years and I hate what it's become. I've had to use Gmail for work before, and while I actually like how easy it is to use, I don't want it because I don't care for Google's kikery.

I was at a Apple store earlier and wanted to wreck the display laptops using the command line.i created a super user but rm -rf \ still failed.is there any other commands that will work.

Which vpn services are recommendable?

How do I stop lagging whenever there are a few devices on the wifi? Limiting the bandwidth didn't work.

Attached: gudako.png (300x400, 115K)

Depends on the kind of lagging. It might be with the parts of the computer, it might be the latency, it might just be that your internet is too shit, your too far from the tower, or too far from the host server.

do you need port forwarding?

What's the most battery efficient systemd distro for a laptop?

probably not

Latency. It works fine, but sometimes when i'm playing games with my brother, it starts lagging a lot, like packet loss every 5 seconds, mostly on my machine. Just disabling the wifi on our phones seems to do the trick, even though they're not downloading/uploading or running anything in the background. When more devices are connected it lags even more. On both machines. Not even 5 meters away from the router. Also, it lags even on a wired connection.
I tried limiting the bandwidth and chaging channels. I think it might be the router.

seriously just get what ever is cheapest and claim you "don't know how to computer" if van comes

Forgot to add.

Attached: file.png (734x139, 17K)

Okay let me ask this, is this abnormal or has this been how it acts since you've been with your service/current plan? If this fuck up is recent then you might have to call your ISP because the hardware on your Wifi might be faulty. If it's been like this then I don't really have any solution for you besides paying more and upgrading your plan.

Because normally, switching off devices IS how you fix that issue.

Chances are your bosses know less than you do.

In scheme does the interpreter evaluate left to right or right to left?
As in
(+ (+ 5 5) (+ 4 4)) does it first evaluate 5+5 or 4+4?

i may have dropped my question in the wrong thread

Well, thanks for the help. It's relatively new. Around 6 months I believe. While it did have the ocasional spike before, it wasn't like it is now. I've been away for a few months and when I came back it started happening everytime people come over and it has like 8 devices connected (having their bandwidth limited). I'll try calling my ISP.
Would the bandwidth limiter have an effect if wasn't faulty? Or it could be something else?

you might need an router upgrade. try running a speedtest without the router.

>cookies for some reason reset after a power failure
>try to log in to pixiv and it requires the Javascript captcha
How can I circumvent this?

What should I use for my self-hosted email alias?
I was thinking me@[domain].one but what does Jow Forums think?

Damn it!
Can't anyone help me out with this?

I have a really old laptop from 1995. It seems to go for decent money on ebay. I don't want to wipe it because I dont have any floppies of windows 95 and im not sure the hard drive would even survive a wipe. I found the previous owners name from his ms office license and he showed up in an obituary online. Thing is was high up in an insurance company. I plan on deleting most of the files by hand. Could I be held legally responsible if someone recovered data on this and used it to wipe out a bunch of bank accounts?

Void. Ultralight, requires almost nothing to run both RAM and battery-wise.

Either buy a cheapass wire or try a different monitor. You do have a backup monitor... don't you?

I have two columns in excel, left is a reading every second and right is a reading every minute (600 entries vs 60)

Can I space the right column to match with the left? I.e. 0 seconds 0 seconds, 60 seconds first 1 minute reading, 120 seconds second 1 minute reading

Download a copy of Windows 95. It's ancient so nobody will give a fuck. Use a USB floppy drive to make an install disc. Reinstall Windows 95 that way.

Use whatever you aren't embarrassed by.

Make sure you actually are saving files correctly. A power outage shouldn't wipe cookies... also turn on Java for that site. Pixiv isn't going to wreck you.

What is the port to the left of the RAM slot? Computer is a Dell latitude laptop.

Attached: mysterypor.png (1032x520, 930K)

youtube.com/channel/UCpcv404DxfhGYhXgyB9Aoeg/videos

The thumbnail indicates that the video is 11 hours, but when opened it is only 4 hours (and the start has been cut by 7 hours). Why?

Glitch.

your isp might tho, honestly any vpn is ok as long as your not into human trafficking

Attached: thumbnailImage.png (440x241, 141K)

bought GTA 5 on pc and and the game just up and crashes, no error report, nothin, I've been trying to figure out why for almost 5 months. I bought it, got myself a refund and rebought it again when it went back on sale.

Windows 10, RTX 2070. 32GBs of ram. i&

What the fuck is going on? The game wont even load

Make sure you have the right graphical drivers and such.

Hi. I have a column in SQL that 1 if the item is deleted.

How do I replace deleted items in my query with something mundane? For example, if I SELECT * FROM table, and I want all items, but the items that are deleted should say something like "item was deleted"

This is because I need to maintain a tree structure, and I don't want to delete the children nodes

How much do employers care about a degree? I've just completed my 4th year but I still have a shit ton classes to pass because I recently transferred to a new uni and they deleted many of my credits.

I would like to add, that I want to do this temporarily on the fly on every select statement. I don't want to modify the actual content of the table, since this is a soft delete.

I will most likely need to use the CASE statement, but I'm not sure how to set the value of other columns when the value of one column is 1.

checked and crashed

nvm figured it out. Thanks everyone. All I had to do was use CASE, and then alias the table to the original name.

Ok so I found this error log in the GTA 5 files, heres the last error code

[ERR_SYS_TIMER_RDTSC]
CPU does not support rdtsc instruction.

Yet, I know for a FACT my computer has some of the best parts in them from around last year. so what the fuck does this mean? All my GTA friends are in dreamland

Based on the pic I assume you're talking about shota/loli?

Are ISPs actually looking at the pics you download from boorus/Exhentai/pixiv?

My country is luckily not on the Wikipedia list of mentally ill countries who consider drawings to be people (i.e. Sweden).

(not that user)

AFAIK, most countries don't give a rats ass about loli. If they do, they are sad people. I know Japan does. FFS they censor pussy because they honestly believe that it it decreases rape

>most countries
Yeah but look at the list of countries on wiki that do.

>Sweden
>Netherlands
>Canada
>most US states
>UK
>Australia
>Norway

I was about to say I'm in GA. No one here gives a shit. We all know it's a drawing. I think for the most part a good portion of the north is just fucking idiots.

Really, really stupid question.
If I want to add a license to a GitHub repo with multiple branches (independent versions), should I just add the license file to the master branch or each branch?

Attached: 1564695468932.png (282x341, 213K)

Cleaned around my PC and hit it accidentally, came back from work and my 4TB animu HDD wasn't recognized by the PC, turns out the sata cable got disconnected during my cleaning.
Tried connecting it to another computer and it wasn't recognized, it's dead isn't it?

My V-Moda m100 headphones are now pretty old and I was thinking of getting the V-Moda M100 Master with the immortal life thingy, anyone know if this one is better/worse for gaming? Video games are going to be the primary use for these headphones, music second.

Attached: 1558681527938.png (640x427, 213K)

Mini pcie or m.2 slot

As far as i know it might be the nvidia drivers

Stupid OP had one job and can't put /sqt/ on the title

I keep getting a tray icon telling me to update my Intel Manageabitity Firmware Recovery Agent.

What the heck is this? Should I keep it?

Attached: intel.png (779x563, 46K)

The top meme right now for gaming headsets is the Coolermaster MH751/MH752.

I'm not very versed in V-moda products but looking at it seems like it has a lot features for a headset and gets praised for sound quality. You probably wouldn't go wrong getting it.

I have three 1TB 3,5" hard drives that are the result of me upgrading to bigger capacity hard drives.

What fun shit can I do with my leftover hard drives? Just slam them in a RAID 1 configuration and store important files on them or what? RAID 0 and use as "fast" "cache" for certain program that benefits from fast transfer?

ty frens

Since you already have bigger new drives (in a sensible configuration, I assume), just go with the second option and make a RAID0 scratch space array. Put your Steam library on it and other stuff you can download easily but would like to have fast local access to.

What is the name of the website that lets you watch Youtube videos?
Like Newpipe as a website

Moved from hyper-v to virtualbox for running a simple win10 vm on win10 host. Shits laggy as fuck even with 2d/3d acceleration turned on, am I supposed to RDP into it as opposed to using the virtualbox window? It's only the UI thats laggy, CPU/io performance seems to be fine.

not an expert, but it might be related to Intel Management Engine (it's basically a hardware "backdoor" which lets you login and control the computer remotely even if the computer was turned off beforehand). Or it could be some "find my laptop" botnet tracker which helps you remotely lock your computer if someone steals it.

EDIT: I found this forum post at AnandTech and it appears to be related to Intel Management Engine just like I thought

forums.anandtech.com/threads/intel-firmware-recovery-agent-and-management-engine-do-i-need-these.2422588/

You mean the de-botnetted YouTube website?

invidio.us/

I'm not an expert on virtual machines but I have fucked around with both VirtualBox and VMware, and VirtualBox is way more stuttery/laggy on UI animations and what not (mouse cursor is smoother but moving windows around etc is nightmarish). I guess you could try the free for personal use VMware Player and see if it works better.

Desktop PC with internal HDD? Look at the hard drives connector and see if any pins or the port itself is damaged. They are quite fragile. Look at the sata cable and see if it accidentally ripped out some pins on the hard drive etc.

Was the computer turned on when it happened? Try going into the Disk Management program on Windows and see if it's recognized there. Does it spin up when connecting it or is it completly kill?

I think I had a hard drive which would disconnect during the computer running and rebooting computer would not show hard drive so I had to re-assign drive letter to it or something idk

Best serious desktop PC brand? No bloatware, no cringy gayming brand, but should still have a decent GPU processing power.

Build your own. If not it's all the same shit just buy whatever is the closest at the lowest price.

The issue is I already have a m100 but I need to decide if I want the same or the master version cause I don't want to waste my money..

Will this
corsair.com/de/en/Categories/Products/Power-Supply-Units/SF-Series™-80-PLUS-Gold-Power-Supplies/p/CP-9020104-EU
Corsair SF450 work with Msi Mortar b360m?
The mobo has 1x 8 pin ATX 12V as one of power connectors, but no store lists the sf 450 to have that connector, instead it has "EPS 12V 8P" are these compatible?

Asking 2nd time;
i5 9400f+1660TI and few HDDs will the 450w be enough? The alternative is 450W SilverStone SST-ST45SF version 3.0

Have you tried booting with monitor cable into the motherboard? Maybe it defaults to onboard graphics and maybe you can change to dedicated graphics card inside the BIOS idk

Tutanota

It's a gay-ass name but it's free and encrypted

Protonmail is really sketchy (they have banned an email adress because some internet people accused it of doing bad things, but since Protonmail encrypts the content of their email users, they had no idea if the claims were true so they banned it without evidence and blindly trusted the accusers, which is really really disturbing). This means if someone doesn't like you, they can accuse your email of doing bad things and you might get permabanned). Works for temporary email if you need to sign up for something though (and if the service has banned @protonmail.com you can enable a feature in the control panel which gets you a additional "@pm.me" adress instead since that thing likely isn't blacklisted yet

I remembered a different website, but this does the same thing
Thanks, user

It's an 8 pin power connector, so it will be compatible with a board featuring an 8 pin power connector slot.

The 450W PSU will be fine as long as its efficient. The 1660ti doesn't draw much power compared to, say, the vega 56.

This: and
If you get a 9400 you will need to update the BIOS of the MSI Mortar b360M.

I have the MH751s and the cable connected to the headphones and into the splitter keep coming out of the headset at the slightest tug. I don't mean straight out, but out enough where it fucks with the mic and audio quality without you noticing for ages.

It's worth buying the mh752s even if you don't like virtualised 7.1.
They come with a lock for the audio cable.

How do I change my fan settings/speeds for 3700x? Checked Ryze Master, googled but there doesn't seem to be any software or settings I can find even in the BIOS

Attached: 5.jpg (900x600, 72K)

>Desktop PC with internal HDD? Look at the hard drives connector and see if any pins or the port itself is damaged. They are quite fragile. Look at the sata cable and see if it accidentally ripped out some pins on the hard drive etc.
Tried with a different cable on a different port, nothing.
>Was the computer turned on when it happened?
Yes.
>Try going into the Disk Management program on Windows and see if it's recognized there. Does it spin up when connecting it or is it completly kill?
It recognized it after reconnecting and I tried to initialized it through there, it failed with an error. When I tried connecting it to another PC it wasn't even recognized in the BIOS nor by windows, connected it back to my PC and it didn't even turned on.

rip my animu backlog

which motherboard manufactuer do you have? I have both MSI and Asus motherboards from Ryzen 1000 series and both of them have fine-tune:able fan curve settings for each fan connector in their BIOS (both CPU fan and case fans etc) (Asus is easier to find and MSI is tucked away and shit).

Let me know and I can take a picture

I don't want it for me, doing it for someone else would be gay.

I've got a
>Gigabyte B450 AORUS PRO AM4 B450 4DDR4 DVI/HDMI/M.2 ATX

I had a MSI Tomahawk initially, but there were issues with it so had it replaced. If it should be in the BIOS settings I suppose I'll just look deeper, I just skimmed through all the options and went as far as I could without accepting any warnings about overclocking

not him or you. But also fuck having to be the designated support guy for all eternity if the computer has a problem down the road.

I haven't used Gigabyte since long time hmmmm. Have you gone into the "advanced" section? All motherboards have EZ mode by default almost always and only show some basic things.

I searched for your motherboard name and found a youtube video where someone showed the BIOS

click on "Smart Fan 5 settings" I think

Attached: 2019-08-02 14_04_51.jpg (1921x1080, 211K)

I only get this on /vg/
What do

Attached: Capture.jpg (375x44, 6K)

buy Jow Forums pass or get a new ip-adress that is not within the banned ip-adress range or buy a VPN (same applies here, it might've been abused so you would still need to buy Jow Forums pass since Jow Forums pass bypasses IP range blacklist (but not individual IP adress bans))

Basically, either you, or someone on the same IP-adress range as you, have done something to get blacklisted by /vg/

>your country shitposted so hard you get a blanket ban

lmao

I actually remember seeing that, but thought only the options with a square next to them are clickable for some reason. Given my CPU temp is usually around 40C or less with minimal use, often times I open a new page or preview/open a file, the fan goes HAM despite the temps not changing much.

Seems like I need to tune it down a lot, at what point should I have it blow harder, 60-70C?

Thanks though

is there a way to theme buttons and drop down menus in Firefox to make them dark?

Attached: file.png (628x223, 13K)

Which cooler do you have? stock cooler or aftermarket?

Stock cooler fan has high maximum RPM, so even a slight change in fan curve could increase fan RPM a lot.

I have a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO but replaced the included fan with a quieter fan (I think its maximum fan RPM is like 2000RPM but I never use that much). During heavy usage/stress test my CPU (ryzen 7 1700 overclucked to 3,7GHz all cores) goes to like 60C at 1200RPM and I have my fan curve to be constant 900RPM until 50C and then gradually increase a little bit as to not have the fan rapidly increase in RPM because of a quick change in temperature

not sure what maximum safe temps for 3000 series ryzen is. But basically, if you have stock fan and try to do some heavy-duty shit on it, the fan RPM will likely increase quite a bit. So if you want quiet operation during heavy-duty load, I would actually recommend a somewhat decent but not too expensive air cooler

I've got a Lenovo Y700 that wont turn on via the power button. When this issue started, it seemed Ias if the machine was dead, packed away the laptop, but one random day, I press the button and it turns on! I decide to remove some dust, apply new cooling paste and screw the backlit on properly, and suddenly the power button does not work again.
I can boot the PC by disconnecting the battery, tapping the power button, then reconnecting the battery or the power adapter.
When the PC is booted, it still refuses to react to tapping the power button, but long-pressing it works, and it shuts down

The Novo button is also unresponsive.

Anyone know ANY solutions to this? I'm close to just soldering on a new power button, but I'm not entirely sure that'd work if the problem isn't with my stock power button to begin with.

I will consider that, I'm currently not someone who puts a heavy load on the thing outside of gaming, although I've already set up for recording and rendering in the near future. But at that point I would not mind the fan doing its work when I'm actually rendering or pushing my frames. But to be noticably loud at 40C was rather unsettling. From idle to opening a single firefox browser or youtube video and I could hear the difference with my headphones on while listening to some music on low volume ).

Will see how far I can get with the current one. Because it was considerably louder than my 4 year old PC fans which I sometime had to oil up ( which I actually ended up using kitchen oil ), although those were case fans.

Thanks for all the details.

How do you cure porn addiction

continue fapping to your regular porn, but the moment you are about to come, switch to a picture of a girl from Femjor or MetArt and come to that girl instead, so you feel less guilty about fapping to your probably less than normal porn

after a while, try fapping and come quickly to a girl from Femjoy/MetArt just as a way to empty your system instead of edging for 4 hours per day

I'm actually pretty vanilla, I could jerk off and nut to just a picture of a nice pair of tits

Find out what triggers your behavior (i.e. what happens before you watch porn). Then consciously try to avoid those triggers.

Is it true that pilots are basically no longer needed and they get bored and regularly fall asleep during flights, because of autopilots?

Fap upon waking up is a good choice, eventually you`ll just right out forget to do it everyday. I don't even browse porn anymore lol.

Also antidepressants or antipsychotics could work as well.

if the disk itself has become flaky, and you didn't just accidentally delete shit/quick format it, then use ddrescue to try to make a whole disk image

No, pilots still have a lot to do when not manually flying the plane.
youtube.com/watch?v=aQSDZOZ0cJ0
youtube.com/watch?v=k0yGOSZUHwA
youtube.com/watch?v=z2FeytELBK0
Subscribe to that guy, you'll learn a lot about the whole aviation and airline industry and what its like to be a commercial pilot

Anyone knows some Qt GUI basics tutorials (preferably video materials) that will teach me to make a basic tools in a weekend? No Indian accent is prefered.
I usually just hack together a cli scripts that operate on std I/O or file arguments, but work now wants me to provide these to semi-programmers and WIndows users.

GTA 5 has this stupid thing where it has 10hour timers that only advance while online.
Is there any way I can run it on super mega ultra low quality on an android tablet that I can leave plugged in and idle so that I can use my PC for other stuff without hogging the resources to run the game 24/7?

>is there a way to run a PC game on Android
no

Fug.

I'm not a mobile person, so I wasn't sure if that was a dumb question or a super dumb question, but I seem to recall that years ago when smartphones "started", people were trying to run World of Warcraft on them. Of course back then it had like 3 fps.

hey Jow Forums, there's a bunch of retards with blurry screens down in /trash/
Can you recommend them some tutorials on how to properly calibrate their monitors?

Wifi module maybe?

Attached: Screenshot_20190802-125219_Drive.jpg (1280x800, 242K)

You can use something like Remotr to stream the game from your PC to Android.

What's a good (free) android app for stopping spam calls/texts? I get countless amounts every day.
I've heard Truecaller mentioned a few times, but from what I've been reading that's got some privacy/data selling issues.

Attached: 1560519897202.jpg (500x703, 33K)