Who is the worst mainboard manufacturer, and why?

Who is the worst mainboard manufacturer, and why?

Attached: gigashite.jpg (666x333, 91K)

MSI
bios/uefi

biostart. they are new and they only exist for one reason: they can make easy money by buying all the old shitty components that the other mainboard manufacturers no longer need. their boards are literally taped together dumpster fires.

>biostar
>new

ASRock because their BIOS is shit. Their fan control settings are always some kind retarded scheme that's a mess to fuck with or just broken.

Gigabyte is benchmark for standard IMO. Foxconn is GOAT.

Really can't tell anymore. It's a hit and miss. Literally the opposite for GPUs.

Asrock, cheap garbage that barely works, you're lucky to get 2 fan headers with an Assrock boatd.

This, but I think that their god series is alright (just too expensive).

newfag

>bios
ok but their boards hardware-wise are perfect between ~$75-200 minus the realtek lan

I've always had bad luck when choosing mainboards.
Had an Asus sabertooth x58, which had shit sata controllers, making SSDs as slow as HDDs.
Now I have a gigabyte board which takes ages to boot, has no decent fan controls (which brought my cpu up to 90°C a few times because), often fails to boot an overclock which worked for weeks etc.
Both of these boards weren't cheap either...

aside from biostar, asrock. their b350 offerings were decent but their newer boards have the shittiest vrms and broken BIOSes.

>cumbrains who just rely on old knowledge

gigabyte used to be the gold standard but their quality as dropped like a brick over the years

asrock is usually pretty solid nothing wrong with their boards since they're also cheaper

overall probably asus has the most consistently good board but also generally the most expensive

I have to agree with this and this is coming from someone with bios problems with my Ryzen 3000

> bios
wish someone had told me this before I bought a buggy-ass cpu from amd

how long do you guys think it'll be until msi releases an update for zen2 rdrand?

>gigabyte used to be the gold standard but their quality as dropped like a brick over the years
When did this start, because my gigabyte motherboard is sky/kaby era, and it's pretty good.

All those other companies releasing official bios
>msi is still on beta
AAAAAAA

>install the latest b450 Tomahawk update (7C02v1A)
>PC can't POST anymore
>can't access to the BIOS anymore
>USB Flashback+ doesn't work anymore
>CMOS reset is ineffective.

ASRock fan control is fine. ASUS is the worst by far.

>gigabyte used to be the gold standard but their quality as dropped like a brick over the years
You're the one whose "knowledge" is out of date, son. Gigabyte have been on fire for the past couple of years, smashing everyone else in terms of VRM quality, feature sets and value for money. ANUS have been on the exact opposite trajectory, cutting back on component quality, heavily segmenting features and so offering shit value for money. Their VRMs aren't remotely competitive with Gigabyte's on Z390/X570, even at the high end, and their lower end boards are an absolute joke by comparison.

MSI are still mediocre across the board, whilst ASRock have gotten incredibly lazy and fallen way off the pace, recycling boards and VRMs endlessly to the point that they no longer stand out. Plus their UEFI is by far the buggiest.

Can confirm, my Asus board took me 2 weeks to even boot from and it never even gave away one of their beep codes, since their debugging is more often broken then functional. Then it worked for a month with a mediocre bios and then it was "broken" again. I'm sure there is a timebomb in there since there is a single boot after the CPU lever is lifted(even for only a mm).

there is no universal shit-tier mobo manufacturer. Each company makes stinkers and then gets a reputation that applies beyond the item in question that actually sucks.

I have a first gen Gigabyte Ryzen motherboard and will never buy from them again. Bricked itself once, VRM thermals are awful, can't overclock worth a damn even with Samsung B-Die, BIOS is shit, and OS software is beyond shit and literally loses features and gets worse in updates. Can't say that others are better, but fuck Gigabyte personally.

Iirc gigabyte used to mine crypto with their boards before selling.
To me this seems fucked up, but at least it made their boards relatively cheaper, and more ironed out.

MSI has shit tier iommu groupings and no way to set primary GPU slot on boards that have only one x16 slot. Garbage tier

what good is a board if it doesn't work correctly, bluescreens, and lags. all because of pajeet bios code.

Attached: checkem-alt.jpg (472x472, 38K)

on x370 gaming 5, can't complain
running 3200 CL16 shitty hynix memory with zen2 fine had to run it at 3000 on zen1, no voltage issues, VRM goes up to 48C tops
chipset goes up to 54C sometimes though
at first I too thought gigabyte makes bad bios, but then I learned everyone else got it way way worse
also dual BIOS is a neat feature, never afraid
the cold boot brick that was happening first year is fixed by removing battery for a few mins, never happened to me though

I WANNA UPGRADE TO RYZEN 3700X BUT EVERY BOARD MANUFACTURER SEEMS LIKE HORSESHIT. WHAT THE FUCK DO I BUY?????????

need matx btw :)

Assrock is also seemingly the only one who lets you manage / shut off the RGayB in bios without installing bloatware

Should’ve bought a quality Intel system.

gigabyte let's you do that too

is there a modern motherboard that has a simple functional config without the shitty CSI-miami hacker-look
I mean the menus of my asus z170a are FUNCTIONAL but the documentation and configuration names are absolute trash

Attached: 1564112572428.jpg (776x651, 95K)

>new
laugh.png

the 1000iq answer is nobody and everyone. Every product generation someone shits the bed and someone makes a great product. Take B450 for example, out of their entire lineup, MSI hits the best value and performance at 80% of the pricepoints, while other manufacturers used bad vrms

>killer lan , literally realteks with custom shit firmwares.

MSI can make nice board with good features, at a price point but they cut corners somewhere.

Asus is also shit, they are become apple where their motherboard line is created as if you would only buy anus boards, and nothing else, so they take away feature as you go up and mix and match them instead of straight upgrades.

Anything made by chinks (excl Taiwanese)

MSI Mortar B450m

do you know which board has the best grouping on x570?

thanks but im not a big fan of msi.
how are the b450 boards from asrock/asus/gigabyte? im not gonna oc. i only want a stable system without any memory issues/buggy piece of shit bios or do i really have to wait for b550?

>x570
>200 range
gigabyte elite
asus TUF
>300 range
asrock taichi
>350 range
gigabyte master
asus hero
flagships 599++
Gigabyte, is less meme, asus is just a hero with more shit. up to you what to pick. MSI is just put whatever bro.

>MSI can make nice paperweights
fixed it

Attached: Spolier Image.gif (100x100, 13K)

>one of the oldest mobo makers
>new
kek

bio star

you know whats funny is biostar has some of the most balanced amd boards right now. their boards arnt super great yet not super bad. same goes for their bios'. they are like the go to for balanced amd boards right now. other brands you have to sacrifice something like crappy hardware/parts or crappy bios.

Attached: bait.gif (625x626, 45K)

>Gigabyte quality as dropped like a brick over the years
They produced shit 300 and 400 series AMD boards but they really hit it out of the park for X570 and Z390

Biostar always has those funny colored slots and sockets different from everyone else
>white AM4 socket
>yellow pcie
>yellow ram

Attached: b20170329_9.jpg (1024x827, 249K)

its called bling

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (1200x1600, 454K)

Fuckin' madmen, it's RGB without the lights

Gigabyte. Fastboot does not work on my mobo, the audio is also shit

>using on-board audio

Attached: smug.jpg (900x810, 55K)

>Fastboot
why?
> on board the audio
why?! get a usb dac.

at least it doesn't warm your case up by another 2-3C
fuck whoever thought it's a good idea not include a switch

ASUS BIOS is best from experience but fan control was worst by far. Not even a hysteresis and the "ramp up" time is like 3 seconds, despite choosing 25 or 200 seconds. So if you hit your target for even a second, the fans will blow full speed. Max temp is 70 too, can't even change

My onboard audio is okay, but gigabyte put meme DACs, and opamps on my model.

My thoughts exactly. People shit on all brands and even bother to sometimes list what's wrong, so it sounds like I MUST accept a defective one but I get to choose how and where it's going to be. mATX boards are hard.

>building my first pc
>all these posts
mates you're scaring me, all I want is a micro atx b450 that won't be doa or brick itself when I try to turn the pc on

>Biostar
/thread

Attached: 1559869525297.jpg (500x603, 49K)

>why?

Fake cache, fake chipset names. Only 90s boomers will remember this

Attached: pcchips.png (1920x1000, 160K)

asus best brand

anything else shit

>Taking the typical smug Jow Forums fearmongering seriously

1st rule of Jow Forums is that what you bought or like is automatically shit and also botnet and perhaps also jewish or at the very least poo-in-loo indian

I bought my dad a B450 Tomahawk, it was so trash I started yelling at it for around 2 hours before I decided to trash it and send it back to Amazon.
Then I bought a Crosshair VI Hero for the same price and realized it is 100000x better.

>be me
>intel because they make 10x more money and have way better support
>update msi z370 motherbard
>no issues
>everything works as intended

such is the life on intel.

Weren't those Intel motherboards terrible?

I literally bought my B540 from Asrock because they were basically the only offering that didn't have RGB

ASROCK !

fpbp
Ive had 2 MSI mobos die on me and both were either the bios shitting out somehow, or the memory controller fucking up and causing BSODs. Fuck msi and fuck china.

wtf
yea it's still summer apparently

I miss Gigabyte's Ultra-Durable series without all that gaymer bullshit design.

The all black Ultra-Durable boards where some of the best looking boards ever made.

>hey Jow Forums, should I buy an MSI mainboard?
>no, it's shit!
>hey Jow Forums, should I buy an Asrock mainboard?
>no, it's shit!
>hey Jow Forums, should I buy an Asus mainboard?
>no, it's shit!
>hey Jow Forums, should I buy a Gigabyte mainboard?
>no, it's shit!
>hey Jow Forums, should I buy a Biostar mainboard?
>buying Biostar
>ever

Am I supposed to make my own mainboard or what?

Attached: 1382648199279.jpg (369x368, 46K)

You have to make peace with the fact that there's a chance you might have to RMA.
This. All I can do is buy AMD because at least it isn't jewish

Of course you casual

MSI and ANUS

fpbp

tyan
actually great, just hard to get ahold of where I live and pricey

if you had to choose one Jow Forums what would it be.
asrock b450m steel legend
asus tuf b450m-pro gaming
gigabyte aorus b450m or do i buy a updated msi b450m mortar MAX with a buggy piece of shit bios?

>and why

MSI are the best boards for OCing Ryzens in price/preformance ratio

Show me better board than B450 Carbon at similar price

MSI mortar motherboard broke after 3 years, only motherboard in my life to have break, was a pain in the ass working out what was causing all the problems too.

>tfw I've literally never had a motherboard fail on me

I've always bought the cheapest one for the chipset I need, too. I don't think I've ever spent more than $100 on a motherboard. Am I lucky or are expensive motherboards a fucking meme unless you absolutely need the latest chipset on day 1?

Attached: tumblr_oztywh26lV1qbndcgo1_1280.jpg (1280x1920, 747K)

>falling for JEWMD

oh vey user

Attached: DaCiNvkWAAA-fhe.jpg (950x647, 139K)

Most of Intel-aviv's R&D is in Israel.

>X570
>Gigabyte
>Asus

oh no no no

The real answer is Foxconn, or one of the cheap Supermicro boards that only come with 1 year warranties.

Anything with 3-year warranties like all of those manufacturers, is probably going to be slightly higher quality.

>tfw this as well
I guess we are blessed brother.

Attached: 95174488b89f23286343de60f74905b1e159177012a53f6168b5a85ee3e19cec.jpg (480x264, 21K)

No, I haven't started looking. Level1 does good write-ups though. I believe they did their testing on an arorus or what ever gigabytes g@ymang line is

They said good things about it in the video

>new
Zoomers be like

>Who is the worst mainboard manufacturer,
Chink nonames for x58/x79 xeons.

Agreed with you.

Currently on a x370 Aorus 5 and it's been a great board, it didn't play well with CL16 3200mhz so I settled for 3000 CL15, lots of x370 boards hated anything over 3000mhz. Looking to buy a x570 Master once the 3900x is back in stock.

Asus used to be top notch, my 990FX Sabertooth was built like a tank and is still running in another rig. But then I bought a 4790k with a Asus Hero (V/VI? Z97) and that board literally blew a hole right through it's own arse near the USB headers on the back, all the paint they use on the PCB was blasted off and it had copper trace hanging off, luckily my CPU survived.

But even today Asus x570 caught my eye, but then the VRMs are lackluster, the hero board has all these LN2 features built into it but aside from ryzen 2 not OC'n decently, it's on a board with shit VRMs, and giant autistic RGB letters across the middle and I/O shroud.

What timings are you running? I have the exact same board but it won't play nice at 3200mhz CL16

Gygabyte
Bios/uefi

Is this the AMD general?

>Biostar
Trash BIOS, especially with VIA chipsets series.
>Pcchips, Mercury and some ECS.
Crap build in general. Especially the CPU phase.

That's color coding. Tells you things that aren't obvious, like how the RAM slots are grouped.