What's Jow Forums's opinion on Deepin? Everyone seems to think it's the most aesthetic Linux OS. Has anyone tried it?

What's Jow Forums's opinion on Deepin? Everyone seems to think it's the most aesthetic Linux OS. Has anyone tried it?

Attached: file.png (960x540, 562K)

Yeah.
It's also bloated af.

Attached: 1564700695138.jpg (640x360, 39K)

>foot 3

I didn't actually get the OS but was curious what you guys had to say.

I got the Deepin DE for Ubuntu and it seems nice, but some of the main features I wanted for aesthetics don't even work like icon changing and transparency. Plus dark theme doesn't save.

made in china

enjoy your botnet

They took out the only Chinese analytics which was the equivalent of google analytics because people were fear mongering.

Works very well, except for Bluetooth. And the installer doesn’t work for shit too, only got it to work once. Wouldn’t recommend.

Also, they use a patched gtk so it has thumbnails in the file chooser dialog, or so I heard. This might be the only worthy contribution of this piece of chinkware to the community.

I don't use bluetooth anyways. How does it run though?

I like it but it's still too early to replace KDE for me

My initial plan was to create a Latte Panda phone but put Ubuntu on it. I wanted a DE that I could use a windows/cinnamon look on a big screen but a phone look on a little screen.

I planned on using the Deepin DE with Ubuntu but I put it on my laptop and a bunch of shit is broken, so I've come to the conclusion it's too soon for me too.

I use windows 10 GNU mintbuntu

If I wanted a botnet "Deepin" my ass, I would have installed Windows.

Jej

>what's /ck/'s opinions on hamburgers? Everyone seems to think it's the most taste food. Has anyone tried it?

Attached: 82430q40r0.jpg (509x509, 59K)

>comparing a common food to an obscure OS

> assuming amerimutt burger botnet does not exist
If we don't use chinese products because of their spying but continue to use burger products despite the spying, does this mean we're accepting chinese spying is better and objectively superior to burger spying?

>Everyone seems to think it's the most aesthetic Linux OS

That's SO important! KYS and stop promoting Beijing's Botnet. Esthetic desktops are for people who do nothing with their computer, because while in use you can't see the desktop.

I was Deepin your mom's ass last night.

This. They think Google Analytics and Windows 10 isn't 1000 times worse than anything China pumps out

it's the misuse of the word "aesthetic" I was referring to

last time I tried it, the repos were slow as shit, just as the desktop which is an autistic mix of html5, qt & gtk

It is indeed the most aesthetic out of the box. Doesn't make it less of a botnet, though.

The distro itself is shit, but the DE is great and it's better this way if you just want the DE without the utilities and extra software.

>most aesthetic Linux OS
OP if you can't figure out how to install a DE on your own you don't belong here

Deepin DE, not OS

Go away summer-kid

As I said, botnet. Regardless of which distro you're running it on top of.

despite muh blur its pretty nifty. used it on fedora where its now its own de group, but not a spin - yet

missing a few things like printer/scanner, but its one to watch as apparently its getting touch improvements which is usually a weak point on linux

Deepin myAss