Do you think Debian and Arch hate Ubuntu and Manjaro for leeching all their work and putting some pre-config shit done...

Do you think Debian and Arch hate Ubuntu and Manjaro for leeching all their work and putting some pre-config shit done by default with the help of corporations behind them thus making them much more popular with normalfags? Ignorant people will always "Manjaro is arch for new users". Not only it's not arch, it's a bloody mess of propriety crap with free software and much more prone to break
rentry.co/manjaro-controversies
Ubuntu is a less stabe Debian(even the LTS) that enables snap by default and installs some snaps by default, something many users don't like although they live to eat and swallow it. They also make a ton of controversial things, like trying to drop 32-bit. Debian is known to be able to run in everything from consoles to ancient hardware.
Or do you think they don't care?

Attached: core_distros.jpg (700x394, 12K)

install gentoo

I use Arch and don't hate Ubuntu. I use Kubuntu for a few VMs, and Ubuntu server is nice. Manjaro just does it badly, which gives a bad association. I do however hate Debian users. They always prance around talking about how better they are than Arch and Ubuntu users. Don't they have anything better to do? For such a "stable" workhorse operating system, I can't seem to find one that works with it.

>all their work
literally a shitty binary package managers and a bunch of installing scripts
that's a high school tier projects

That's what happens under communist 'licenses'.

i like xubuntu
>btw i use arch

imo if you want to improve the OS by adapting it to "normalfags" just improve Debian itself and add options or a configuration program. You could also add some options to the installer.

>enables snap by default
That's actually one of the things I like about ubuntu.
I tried installing snap packages in other distros in the virtual box and they weren't able to so I threw them into the trash bin were they belong.
ubuntu, it just werks.

Flatpak shits on Snap anyway, so there's no point in udindu

idk, if it wasn't for ubuntu and manjarp I wouldn't even try to go deeper in the linuxverse ... now that I'm here using arch with dwm and all the meme software, I'm still grateful for having manjaro, ubuntu, kali (which was the distro that got me into programming and linux)
people might have a different view

Newbies got to start somewhere, that's why we need easy to install distros like Ubuntu and Manjaro.

The hardest part about installing Debian is navigating the website to get the iso

what about nvidia drivers and other proprietary software, though?

Manjaro is a bad Arch installation script that went too far
Still, it's the distro that basically got me into Linux, the convenience of AUR cured my autism and once I was confident enough with my skills, I swapped to Arch and here I am.

Pretty much the same here.
I got my base Linux knowledge from using Sparky.
I distrohopped for a good while before settling to use Sparky Linux for a while and after it shat it's bed I hopped to Manjaro and used it for a while.

It just werked but I found it difficult to customize because the table has already been laid for me with everything setup ready-for-use so usually changing thing X in file Y caused some other thing to break in some other file.
It taught me usage AUR and the basic precautions of using a rolling relase distro.
After I turned it into something godawful, I wiped the drive and went with vanilla Arch.

Never been happier ever after, the random package breakages are a pain in the ass sometimes but at least they keep my troubleshooting skills fresh.

The .iso with non-free repo enabled out of the box does all of that doesn't it?

>Using arch
>Skills
The state of Jow Forums. Kids these days will never know the feel of a stage 0 Gentoo install

I don't know, actually I didn't ever install debian, but as far as I know I you need to enable non-free repos manually after installation.
Not a big deal, if so, but some people will install ubuntu instead because of this.

If you do the standard install you need to enable non-free repos yes, but you can just install the .iso with them enabled out of the box
Like I said, navigating the website and finding the proper installation image is the hardest part

ok, then.

I don't think anyone cares about the elitism beyond this board. Getting the normal person to wander off the windows/OSx plantation is a good thing. These Distros will help people learn and move on to user control based distros when they are proficient enough to realize the draw backs. I used Debian on my server and it has yet to have one fuck up(setting it all up was a PIA) but for everyday use I've really taken to Fedora, namely with gn*me 3.3. I've ALWAYS struggled to stopping screen tearing so I'm gayland 4 wayland. I'm also liking dnf flathub, rpm, adding repos etc. Why are RHEL distros not really talked about or used?

>btw i use Arch you guys