C BTFO

u a'ight, cnile?

Attached: 1564706351934.png (1926x906, 188K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=86seb-iZCnI
groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/comp.lang.ada/H35QcYiWR1Y/jJNZ0tKqAAAJ
arxiv.org/pdf/1805.05576
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Can C++ ever compete?

Attached: 1548072720735.png (1866x1944, 317K)

hello redd.it!!!

Attached: 1563704902869.png (1066x809, 282K)

what are "lambdas"? i'm web dev chad don't have to deal with this gay shit lol

Arrow functions.

Attached: C grugs.png (1200x699, 345K)

Attached: 1537771566378.png (1200x1400, 502K)

Dilate

Ok

Attached: 1564039836378.jpg (1080x1207, 100K)

JAVASCRIPT MASTER RACE

who let the trannies out of their containment discord again

Attached: 24b.jpg (680x686, 47K)

i hope he used code generation

what's the hate with void* ?

trannies dont like void* which is weird as you can cast it to any gender

Inefficient and error prone
void* cannot emulate monomorphism.

Rent free.

What errors exactly?

>posting screencaps of your own reddit posts
You have to go back

Attached: 1559766754893.gif (607x609, 762K)

when will there be a production ready OS, a driver, or AAA video game engine writtien in tranny rust or C++?

im waiting, until then C is king.

Why are there so many repetitive threads on 4channel

>C is king.
Hosted by C++
kek

are there any drivers written in C++? How about Linux? is it C++? are u aware top AAA studios drop C++s STL for their own impl which is basically C? C++ is native java for codemonkeys enslaved to wake up at 9 and work to 5.

user...
The C compiler in GCC is written in C.

>there any drivers written in C++
Actually their newer GPUs use C++ internally
youtube.com/watch?v=86seb-iZCnI

give birth

Also
>C++s STL for their own impl which is basically C
if it was basically c they wud use c. new STL won't make C++ into c duh

pay for childcare

they use parts of C++ STL for non high perf things like reading a file once.

>which is basically C?
plus all the things C lacks, ofc, no need to mention that

join the 40% club
tick tock
tick tock

gud to know they don't use c
C++ king ur just jelly u got no jobs hehe

Im in the 56% club already?

How can I be so based like OP?

So all the anti-rust stuff is true, if this is how you have to advertise rust.

Most AAA engines are C++ (Gamebryo, Frostbite, iD, Cryengine, Unreal)

Most of them are written in C-with-classes/orthodox C++ style.

leave him be he is a retard that doesnt know what STL or C/C++ stands for hence why he named 4 engines to back up his delluded argument, literally came from Jow Forumsprogramming

only the finest, ctrl-c & ctrl-v

Not him, but where can I see the source?

> C we wuz kang and shiet
> muh AAA bideo gamzz
"Those are written in C++"
> noo they wuz c wit clasez xD
> it doesn't count, it's not c++ its c

This is how "COPE" looks like.

Don't worry Go is getting generics
C11 got galf assed C++98 generics too something something _Generic

Go generics are going to be garbage, worse than Java and worse then C++. The spec confirms it.
_Generic isn't "generics" as in a form of parametric polymorphism, it's a type switch like overloading.

give birth tranny

Have sex incel

Attached: 1547998446687.png (882x1025, 246K)

>4
>doesn't know how to count
>calls someone a retard

Nice argument, filthy fucking trannie.

You weren't arguing, permavirgin basement dwelling stinky fat incel

lmao i always think the same thing

It's still C++, no matter how you try to spin it.

just dilate, tranny

Attached: 1564569671038.png (361x76, 108K)

Just have sex, incel

It's honestly amazing how Bell Labs shills are now abusing this pathetic tactic of accusing anyone who doesn't suck C's cock of being a tranny.
Please stop. Better programming languages existed long before C was even invented, let alone "trannies" existed.

>t. tranny fuming because he can never formally prove his programs are correct

Attached: 1564750006256.jpg (220x301, 42K)

at this point you could just write a huge define and throw it into one header file

>c
>formal proofs
Cnile delusion is something else.

I don't care about your prime sieve being formally proven by Cocklang

>not knowing about deductive verification in frama-c
>not knowing VST
>not knowing seL4
>not knowing Astrée
>i don't care about your shit working
unsurprising, you trannies can't comprehend actual safety
>no u
nice brain, s󠀀oyboy

your snowflake lang isnt useful

it is as long as Ada intentionally gimps itself
now your snowflake language, that's something absolutely useless - Ada has superior type system and SPARK offers (formally verified) borrow checker, what's the argument to use your language?

Rust has compile-time checked pointers.
groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/comp.lang.ada/H35QcYiWR1Y/jJNZ0tKqAAAJ

Ada developers either use a garbage collector, or they avoid freeing memory entirely and design the whole application as a finite state machine (both of which are possible in Rust, too, but the point is you don’t have to).

Of course, Ada has range-checked arithmetic, which Rust doesn’t have (it needs const generics first before that can be done in a library), so if you’re more worried about arithmetic errors than dangling pointers, then you might prefer Ada.
I know Rust is a more functional language, while Ada leans towards procedural/OO. Both paradigms are perfectly legitimate and the languages are flexible enough that you aren’t locked into doing things in just one way, although there will probably be use cases when it’s easier to express something in one language than the other. Ada also has a long history of use in critical places like the military and embedded space, while Rust is still pretty young and won’t have had as much time to gain confidence in it.

The library, tooling, and package management stories for Rust are second to none though. cargo and crates.io are awesome when you want to do something but don’t want to reinvent the wheel, and the community itself is thriving and quite helpful.

Lastly, Ada has close to 0 community/popularity in Open source.

Every single Ada application leaks memory because Adafaggots fear freeing memory lmao

most games are written in C++ you colossal faggot

>What are my 500 obscure commercial source analyzer tools that nobody including myself never actually used
Cniles are truly desperate

No, it's because Ada programs are in missile controllers and are excepted to blow up so why care about memory leaks

Good for them. I am not writing a missile controller here. Rust is far more usable and general purpose, a true descendant of C++.

which part of "SPARK" did you not understand? was it the S? the P? or somthing else? do you perhaps think it's somehow impossible to step in/out of SPARK within your codebase?
arxiv.org/pdf/1805.05576
>library, tooling, and package management stories for Rust are second to none though
libraries i can understand, most useful Ada libraries are commercial (not a problem in the industry - quite the opposite, but if you were arguing about hobbyist use, Rust gets an edge)
tooling in rust is laughable compared to Ada, there's so much shit just in SPARK that Rust seems like a general of chromosome stealing
package managament is another thing i hate about Rust, it requires git (take opam as an example of package management done right) and the packages are getting to left-pad insanity level
>Ada has close to 0 community/popularity in Open source
irrelevant for industry, nobody gives a shit about github stars or peepee measuring contests
maybe in webshit they do, but that's not the target audience of Ada, or C for that matter
Ada has plenty of formally verified commercial libraries, something not even C can dream of
>dynamic memory on 32kB boards
nice brain
also, safe static > gaping dynamic anus á la sjwfox
>500
hey that's static analyzers, not your chromosomes
and there's 1 (one) commercial one listed
>nobody including myself never actually used
don't be mad C has tools to write safe programs, unlike Rust and pretty much any systems language except Ada
you'd have to be employed to see them used, because freetards don't give a single fuck about their shit working

>muh irrelevant for the industriee xD
Enough LARPing, there's no dancing around the fact that Ada is not suited for any general purpose programming.
I don't want to pay 500k per annum for writing something trivial.
Neither do I want to use the 500 different source code analyzers after I write something in a prehistoric language like C only to emulate what the Rust compiler mostly does by default.

Furthermore if you suck so much industry cock you would not be posting here in the first place. Keep fantasizing about your mathematically proven fizzbuzz in 32kb board, nobody cares.

The free C static analyzers only catch trivial errors. You DO know that, right?

they are not, using anything from C++ STD inside game loop will instantly get u fired, its all C with classes. try again retard

Where exactly do you get these fairy tales from? Did your grandma use to tell you these before going to bed?

>>>/muh language championship/

Honestly, am I wasting my time learning C? I thought it would be good to learn becaue i would like to contribute to free software.

>Ada is not suited for any general purpose programming
wrong
the reason you don't see Ada is because there aren't many people that know Ada
there are games written in ada, game engines, even some webshit framework
people who should use Ada (C++) don't because, well, they're retarded (nothing surprising from a bunch of CS monkies with sub 3 GPA)
>500k per annum for writing something trivial
you don't, because you don't need it to work and i'd wager the systems that we write are significantly harder to do - do you need stochastic control theory for your daily programming needs?
>500 different source code analyzers after I write something in a prehistoric language like C
you don't need to, frama-c is enough to verify most properties you'd want, of course you have to work for it but writing the spec is 80% of the work anyway, wheter you do verification or not, implementations are trivial
>Rust compiler mostly does by default
no, what Rust compiler does is nothing but empty promises
Rust the language offers memory safety for a very limited subset of it (no traits, etc) so if you're willing to believe rustc implements Rust correctly (hazardous, but pragmatic assumption), then you still have to give up many Rust features only to get one guarantee - memory safety
with C, you don't get that for free like in Rust, but if you put in a bit of work on your spec, you'll get access to full functional verification, something Rust won't have forquite a long time, considering how it loves to break old shit
>if you suck so much industry cock you would not be posting here in the first place
it's hard to believe but there exist people outside of the burgerland, furthermore they also occasionally browse 4channel
so do what you amerilards do best whenever someone outside of your bubble confronts you with unconvenient ideas - scream LARP
of course, even the commercial analyzers are mostly shit
thankfully, frama-c offers something very interesting - wp

No. Keep learning C if you are a beginner. It's a great lang to start your journey

t. anti C fag

"The CIA wants all code in the cloud under their lock and key. They want to ban compilers and make people think HTML is computer programming."

-TAD

So you are saying:
Ada:
You gotta be 3+ GPA to be able to use it. Quite funny
C:
Use the Farma C spec otherwise you don't have any safety
Rust:
ALL HELL BROKE LOSE because your nitpicking autism

You clearly arent making any sense. If you had to make a small tool today, for example a small text editor, would you write it in Ada? Farma C?
I know I'd just use Rust.

Also Im not a mutt.

give birth

Is this the 4th time you posted this? Are you an NPC?

>So you are saying:
no
>Ada
be brainlet to use effectively, don't be a brainlet to see how it's the best systems language and you should use it for those purposes by default
>C
use frama-c if you want to make trannies mad, or if you want your shit to work
use shitty static analyzers if you want to spend man-days configuring them and get only some dubious definition of memory safety along with couple dozen false-positives (that you'd better make damn sure are false-positives)
>nitpicking autism
i have a bridge to sell to you
>small text editor
haskell, ocaml or idris, although i've been thinking about writing more coq
>I know I'd just use Rust
sure, you're free to use whatever, but remember that two anons on a vietnamese pearl-hunting forum aren't the industry, neither are they the purported target audience of Rust
>Im not a mutt
then stop acting like one