Why does old tech look so much better?

Why does old tech look so much better?

Attached: laptop texas instruments extensa.jpg (1600x1199, 254K)

maybe some shit got in your eyes?

It really doesn't.

Attached: 935d10d4e807f08f5cd3e68925d0ceec.jpg (812x1037, 144K)

Yeah, your mom's pussy juice.

functional design vs zoomer bullshit

Pull your eyes out of your ass, that thing looks like a fuckin' toy.
That's cool but still looks more like part of some home cinema system rather than a proper computer.

because you are a boomer

>Why does old tech look so much better?
>Shows the worst looking fucking laptop ever
Good job OP, you played yourself.

We really need a containment board for all these children.

Attached: Allyouropinionsareshit.jpg (500x556, 46K)

plastic was shit and flimsy so it required to be thicker, giving the appearance of resistance

It wasn't for the masses, it was built for capability not UX for everbody.
It was domain specif machines to be handled either by technics or experts.
It simply interesting for people that like tec/eng and tonker, or wonder how things are used.
They are ugly, and made useless by what came next.
If you want to work on those kind of thing go to embedded/onboard software dev.

1. because it was designed primarily for work, not as a toy for autistic gamers.
2. because you're a hipster.

nice cope

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (900x619, 63K)

Attached: hp1000cx.jpg (1280x960, 580K)

Attached: 77a58360.jpg (640x480, 48K)

modern tech falls into like 2 categories
>designed for gamers
so there are all of these awful, edgy looking design cues (like, physically adding edges and gaps and the lot into the design) and lights and black everywhere with neon accents
and it's a fucking mess designed to impress literal teenagers

>copies Apple
including Apple's shit design decisions, like removing ports and putting in clickpads (so programs that need you to right-click drag anything are unusable) and shit
you get a featureless blob of metal/plastic with a screen
the device has no character of its own, it's literally just copying one major player

Man, the X1 was always pretty as hell.

Maybe you're a fucking faggot.

based

Yep my wife is a 3D animator and when we built her a PC with a $5k budget she was getting pissed that the tiers are economy, business, gamer.

the only good looking thing on that is the keyboard. most modern non-gaymer mechanicals are better than it though.

>we live in a day and age where you can get a piece of technology to look however you want because there are so many options
>and yet people still complain about cases marketed towards faggot gamers and say old technology where you had all of 5 choices was better
You fucking zoomers never LIVED in the age of "wow, I guess I only have beige, gray, black, beige, and white as a choice"

because it was fucking expensive wo design budgets were better.

when i was a kid my dad got me a 166mhz computer with 32mb of ram. it cost as much as a fucking car.

OP i have answered this before.
Please search the archives before making a new thread. You should also read the board rules and the global rules, because either you have forgotten them or never read them.
I am locking this thread.
---------------------------------------------------------------
To be or not to be desu - Lucky Star

people thought about design instead of looking at apple and saying "they make good money lets copy that"

looks like shit

>modern tech falls into like 2 categories
i agree, i hate the gamer look, it's fucking retarded
not really into the apple look either, i want heavier and more durable laptops

you can still get the business/workstation models, but those are much more expensive

Because you're a zoomer trying to pretend you're le old and wise and cultured patrician
Fuck off

>Why does old tech look so much better?
Oldness isn't what makes things look better.
What happens is that any bold design will go out of style eventually, but "boring and functional" is the eternal baseline.