Will the T420 ever be obsolete?

Attached: t420win7.jpg (640x480, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

x-asmr.com/
sarah-asmr.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

all dual cores are obsolete, user

Attached: 1a31b136.jpg (400x400, 21K)

but the 2019 Macbook Air uses a dual core.

It's okay when Apple does it.

it is right now user

It's already obsolete

put a quad core in my t420 soooo

It already is, most websites don't even load.

Attached: works_on_my_machine_mug.jpg (460x460, 21K)

>Websites don't load on quadcore CPUs
macOS shit is all dualcore and their sole purpose of existing is for homosexuals and the mentally ill to access the internet.

Besides, I can still access the internet with good speed on a single-core Pentium Centrino laptop (IBM R51) using Firefox 2, without any antivirus and still browse safely.

I use mine everyday with a dock and 2 screens, the thing keeps up with me all the time. I doubt it will ever be obsolete.

>macOS shit is all dualcore and their sole purpose of existing is for homosexuals and the mentally ill to access the internet.
Which is encouraged by webapps
>I can still access the internet with good speed on a single-core Pentium Centrino laptop (IBM R51) using Firefox 2, without any antivirus and still browse safely.
Open this then
x-asmr.com/

>Open this then
>x-asmr.com/
Not him but ok

Attached: IMG_20190802_103344.jpg (720x897, 133K)

Try opening patreon, Facebook

Shit wrong site I meant this
sarah-asmr.com/

Y'all want me to edit video on this or are we done?

Attached: IMG_20190802_110354.jpg (585x1170, 163K)

Thank you, and can I have your browser settings/extensions /scripts?
Thruth to be told patreon and facebook doesn't count since you'd have to login.

My t420 from ebay came with a quad core

cumbrain detected.

No extensions, no scripts, haven't even put adblock on. This is how Firefox ESR 52.9.0 is out of the box. I do get a few error messages but if I click continue it keeps going and works. I also have Opera installed but I don't remember how well it worked. The only major thing keeping me from using this properly is the 30-60 minute battery life

You can refurbish batteries.

Got a good writeup on how to?

Just look up cheap companies in your area that refurbish Li ion laptop batteries.

Standby for more random tests and moving goalposts.

Attached: c9446e8d64675ee8b459160cc40d3ae7.png (500x675, 581K)

Working with one right now as an ESXi test lab. Dual core i5, maxed 16gb, and I run out of ram well before cpu.

I have a T420, and thinking of buying a new laptop that its equal or better than this one.

Could someone tell me some models worth to check out on eBay?

I bought a generic cheap 9 cell on which I get an hour. Would refurbishing it help in that case or is the computer drawing that much power?

4 cores, 16 gb of RAM, Elementary OS. SSD in the main bay, spinner hd shoved in where the optical drive used go. Built like a tank, looks like one too.

It helps when the official hardware runs official software specific to the device, which is like two years out of date.. So if you want the latest and greatest don't use apple stuff.

im using a laptop that is worse and it loads everything fine

Attached: 1535321784436.png (498x678, 223K)

the problem is the gpu, if don't use the gpu and don't mind the cheap plastic of the t4xx then you can do everything on those laptops

web browsing is definitely not a problem

This, plus its really a non-issue as anything gpu intensive is probably best suited for a desktop anyways.

It was obsolete the day it came out

Attached: t420_display_1.png (883x1187, 141K)

Well it depends how you define obsolete. I'm sure you could get by with a Thinkpad from 1999 if you really stretched out the definition.

>Try opening patreon, Facebook
GTFO MY BOARD REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

prob not, most web stuff wont work, support for modern programs is not there, and there is a fuck ton of security black holes.

a t420 could prob run more than 70 percent of the things you need

Wtf are you doing? My T60p can still handle pretty much any website

reminder that after ARM takes pc gaming by storm in 2025 and AMD-NVIDIA-INTEL have a new competitor, ARM will release a line of desktop and mainstream lappy CPUs for their architecture, called ARM-HP (HighPerformance) after a legal battle with Hewlett-Packard
They will be more than 100% more powerful at the same power as these other chips, (intel gen 14, zen7+) and will be manufactured with a 1nm silicon node.
Intel will only just be reaching 10nm and amd will have 95% mkt share for CPUs but RTG will be bankrupt
Screencap this post

The only site worth loading doesn't load on your machine either

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-08-02 19-29-14.png (877x717, 252K)

I have a T430 as my only computer and daily driver. I use it for everything.

What are this 30% that are not working?

Oh, I am using Debian btw. No Windows, maybe the laptop is too slow for current windows, but i dont know.

It is obsolete, its screen strobs as fuck. Just do a pencil test.

Just replace the display.
Are you dumb?

Attached: IE4A3754.jpg (800x468, 125K)

i said more than meaning that it ranges from 99-70 idk where the hard line is,

i use an x250/desktop daily and im on deb too, tho i fucked my os install lol. our laptops are fine with windows too as long a youve got ssd's

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-07-07 21-16-39.png (1366x768, 764K)

i used me_cleaner.py on a t420 and it doesn't shut off after 30 minutes

Not with that keyboard. It’s very enjoyable to type with.

> just pay half of its ebay price to upgrade one component
Nah bruh, I'd rather upgrade the entire machine to something with, say, TB, M.2 and IPS.

I have a fully upgraded T430 (actually "overupgraded" since I put in an i7-QM CPU that is too powerful for its heatsink) and I don't see myself needing a new laptop for at least another five years. For normal productivity, a T420 should be good as a secondary or poorfag primary machine for at least 10 years, and still usable beyond that. Set up an eGPU and you can do some proper gaming, too.

I also have an X200 that has a low-voltage Core2Duo CPU and I'm still using it almost every day and have taken it with me as a travel laptop.

>fn before ctrl
Why does thinkpad do this?

Other than egpu which can be done through expresscard, what use is TB?

how can you setup an eGPU on it? impossible

Expresscard slot.

my desktop and my t410 use a first gen i5 and its fine except that the t410 sometime has trouble showing videos because the igpu intel used back then were complete shit and barely support opengl.

to oppress gaymers

what do you need to make it work?

At least it's swapable in bios.

>he doesn't know

An expresscard eGPU kit, external power supply, and a video card. In my experience, it works without any issues in Windows 10, and with some tweaking can work well in Linux.

Forgot pic. Also note that for video cards that don't need an extra power connector, you don't need a huge PC power supply and can just use a compatible AC adapter with enough power for your card.

Attached: 2560P-eGPU.jpg (1137x853, 245K)

why would you put windows 10 on it?
use either windows 7 or xp

Humans are obsolete

>14" 1440x900
yes

>windows user detected

>apple

why

>windows user detected

this

brb