Almost 2020

>Still no smartphone that runs mainline kernel
>(but we're really close!!! just like we have been for the past 5 years)
>Still no laptop that doesn't require proprietary blobs
>Cuckpads still have hardware whitelists to keep you from using libre wifi
>Attorney general and Faceberg have declared open war on encryption

How did things get this bad?

Attached: encryptionlol.png (608x657, 591K)

Normies.

It's 20 fucking 19 how was this so hard to figure out on your own? Fucking zoomer.

My librebooted x200 does not have any binary blobs, nice bait.

Attached: 1551509943662.png (600x654, 678K)

your librebooted x200 is also slow as molasses and generally useless for anything beyond editing text files in vim

if that computer were a person it would be in 7th grade by now.
if it were a girl it'd be starting to grow tits.

>bad
stay mad pedo, the rope is near

Runs perfectly fine on any well written modern software. Usually run just emacs in exwm, anything that is not gaming it can handle well and fast. Boots to desktop in ~5secs and can handle my 4k screen with 30fps fine with firefox. If you want to play games u can just use a windows computer and stop bothering people who actually get things done. Do something productive instead of complaining.

Attached: i16078350314.jpg (1402x984, 54K)

>not knowing important cryptographic algorithms from memory
did you even take crypto in university bro

yeah, I'm surprised this shit lasted so long. I guess we gonna get backdoored now and the completely assraped by chink and ivan cybertroopers. the day they will hang our politicians in the townsquare I will chant HEIL PUTIN! HEIL MAO!
at least in russia/chinkland you know the government is your enemy. in the west all the fucking npc normies think government is the good guys because MUH DEMOCRACY and the corrupt politians are just few exceptions

>it can handle well and fast
stop being delusional

>and can handle my 4k screen with 30fps fine with firefox
don't overcook your b8 this badly next time

Buy Huawei, if the US government doesn't like it that means it's good.

I've implemented RSA and AES from scratch in C for class...
Wouldn't do any fucking good, because IME can just read the contents of memory directly.

Bragging on Jow Forums for freetard brownie points isn’t productive.

>people who actually get things done
ok. what if i want to do ML on a GPU?
can your jailbait-aged cuckpad do that?

i am rubber, you are glue.

>generally useless for anything beyond editing text files in vim
so more productive than anything you do on your computer, go it.

>u can just use a windows computer and stop bothering people who actually get things done.
THIS! why is Jow Forumsay so inept when it come to getting real work done?

I don't use ML, but if i wanted to do something with a GPU i could just connect it by PCI externally. So yes, it can.

Attached: 1560313143278.jpg (604x562, 29K)

as much as it sounds like a joke, i seriously think this more and more often.

If you're serious about ML on GPU then you wouldn't use just a single consumer-grade GPU. You'd use a swarm of EC2 G3 instances.

so that's a "no"

Attached: large.jpg (500x313, 20K)

still needs proprietary firmware... for CUDA at least.
i guess theoretically ROCM is open-source although support is garbage.

>airgapped system
the lizards can't exfil your keys if the computer isn't networked. and sitting in a TEMPEST schizo room

>blocks your path

Attached: airgapslol.png (800x288, 30K)

>using built in mic and speakers
don't let the lizards compromise your airgap with an esoteric form of special purpose malware, and don't connect a speaker to your airgap that's sitting a few feet away from your red box. side channels are a bitch but they're difficult to exploit and hardening against sound and magnetic emissions to a reasonable degree isn't that difficult.

yeah, honestly the high frequency sound attack seems ridiculously difficult to pull off in practice, even for "the lizards".
just shows that they're hard at work even on jumping airgaps. keep in mind that article is from 2013.
can also just flood the room with noise at every frequency the mic can hear but you can't.

The war on encryption is like war on guns. Niggas will still get the bullet hoes, criminals will still get the nonpackdoored shit. I mean you dont exactly need horsepower to administer an illegal website or hold all your bitcoins.

Attached: 1563488419229.gif (600x444, 3.99M)

2020 will be the year of hindsight

This decade has been a huge disappointment for tech in general

>pc hardware
Moore's law is long gone and chinks are inflating RAM prices

>phones
All actual innovations have stopped save for camera improvements, most important aspects now are petty aesthetics like bezels and notches

>tablets
Apple made a pro tablet and some others followed suit

>wearables
Literally no hype at this point. Occasionally you see people with smartwatches but no one cares enough to discuss them. Google glasses are dead in the water

>VR
Likewise, hype has died down, at least until we have better tech.
But as stated above, Moore's law is dead, so we might never see hardware that can push the kind of resolutions and framerates that VR needs to shine.

>ubiquitous computing/internet of things
The only thing that seems to be exploding, with or against our will.
Your car, your fridge and your TV are now all connected to each other, to Google and to Facebook.
Welcome to the botnet.

Still doesn't have binary blobs regardless of how useless you think it is.