/spg/ - Smartphone General

Dongle Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget, and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: samsung_galaxy_note10_dongle_1.jpg (680x680, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/y6Ua4hVydEk
github.com/Saki-EU/XiaomiADBFastbootTools
gizchina.com/2019/06/12/xiaomi-mi-9t-launches-in-europe-shipment-begins-june-17/
slickdeals.net/f/13229329-128gb-samsung-galaxy-s10e-smartphone-w-verizon-at-t-or-sprint-activation-350-free-shipping
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Redmi 7

Pocophone F2

BlackBerry Bold

>skip buying the tab s4
>tab s5e gets jack'd
alright it was thin and light as hell I can respect doing something different even if I don't agree with it
>tab s6 gets jack'd
well fuck me fuck this fuck it fuck everything
RIP my plans of reading on a big ass OLED guess I'm sticking to phones like I've been doing since 2011

OnePlus 7 Pro

Attached: 938x452.jpg (938x452, 150K)

youtu.be/y6Ua4hVydEk

What would be the equivalent to the 3a in the same price range : good camera, stock/minimal android? Cant get the 3a where I live

Pocofone F2 America fucking when?!

Attached: Screenshot_Bromite_20190725-221037.png (1134x2048, 658K)

never

Can't you order it online? Amazon, eBay etc. If not then a Nokia 8.1 is probably the best alternative.

>OLED with white borders
biggest mistake that indiegogo made desu

OnePlus 7 with gcam

Do samsung apps generally drain less battery than google alternatives?

Samsung Internet certainly drains less than Chrome. Other apps are about the same.

Anything worth waiting for coming up in the next months?

Pixel 4 if you care about security

mi a3

New iPhones :heart_eyes:

mi mix 4

Is the writing on the wall with the Note 10 and the removal of its headphone jack? There's been times where leakers have said Samsung's removing the headphone jack with the S8, then the Note 8, then the S9, then the Note 9 and it never happened.

Does Sony still let you unlock the bootloader without much of an hassle on the new phones like the Xperia 1?

10 xiaomi phones probably

it's gone mate

Such damn bullshit.
I now fully expect that with the next batch of xiaomi phones instead of showing you the hour count for the unlock, you will receive a phone call from a hidden number at 3AM that will say in creepy voice "SEVEN DAYS" and hang up

Why is that a problem? Just add usb c adapter to your headphone jack and leave it there

dude relax it's a week
it used to be an entire month, or 3 months even
a week goes by really quickly to the point where it scares me to think where the time's gone

that is a week of me making and customizations to the phone and apps being a huge waste of time because i have to format it all after the unlock

When I got my Mi Max 2 that week went quite slowly. In contrast I unlocked all of my motorolas in like an hour. Some people don't want to be using a stock ROM for a week then hold up to have to do all of the setup and shit all over again.

sorry my dude you'll live
let me know if you need me to do anything like cook you food, or clean your house or even lend my shoulder for you to cry on like your mother fucking died or something you faglord shitbird

>then hold up to have to do all of the setup and shit all over again.
EXACTLY

stop defending terrible corporate decisions you god damn xiaomi drone

i think it's a fair time limit
i got mine in 3 days
my friend's poco had a month
it prevents people from unlocking bootloaders to put on their shitty vendor roms for mass resale and possibly scamming people
and it's better than having no bootloader unlocking at all

It's a problem because it isn't really a full featured flagship anymore if it's lacking features

Isnt the SD660 on RN7 already obsolete?

Say you have agressive cancer and you only have 2 weeks to live.
And the only thing that brings you joy i flashing custom ROMs to your phone.
And then you try to unlock your bootloader and it straight out mocks you by telling you you literally have to wait for the rest of your life to unlock it

What was the name of that thing for debloating official miui?

No

github.com/Saki-EU/XiaomiADBFastbootTools

ok ok ok my k20 pro with chinese ROM just arrived, looking for some advice

so far on my list is:
> unlock bootloader (probably have to wait)
> debloat miui
> install g cam

anything else important that I forgot?

Install global ROM

redpill me on why I shouldn't get the LG G8s over the OP7

the jack and back fp scanner call to me, is LG really that bad?

uhm no. many people say it's not an official rom, very bugged and not getting updates. that's why I picked the chinese rom. I might get the EU rom, though

Thoughts on the Samsung A50?

You've got old information, official Global ROM exists for the K20 Pro now, but I guess the EU ROM is even better.

how is the mi9t speaker? It's not stereo so i guess it's not that great?

its ok for a phone speaker
it get the job done

aight I'll look into it ty

I own one, ask away.

Battery/camera are shite. No custom ROM support (though I didn't buy it for that either) and slow updates. Screen is really good. Can be debloated and it's quite fast with all the shit running on it, not gonna lie. Fingerprint sensor is ridiculously slow/inaccurate. The rest is just fine. i feel though that you might find something better. I'd trade mine for some xiaomi stuff but I don't think anyone would want this.

oh, i thought i recognized you
you're the world reaching champion 4 years running now aren't you
shame about what happened in '12 we never knew those russians would dope but here we are

Attached: kumiko zenfone 6.png (885x968, 1001K)

>country
USA and UK, trips to mainland Europe

>wanted features
Well supported
Good camera
Snappy to use - don't care about games
Not horrible battery life
NFC for contactless payment

>budget
Like $400 idk

>size
Between 5" to 6".

I have an S8 and loved it until I dropped it, breaking both the case and the screen (yeah I'm a clumsy fuck).
I basically just want a similar phone, but updated. Any suggestions?

I'm unironically waiting for the Mate 30 Pro, using a Galaxy A70 until Fall, I was happy with my P20 Pro but lost it because I'm a retard

I already got used to the notch and software and everything so I'm just looking for an upgrade to my old experience.

Pixel 3a

Hey Jow Forums, what are some ways to breathe new life into an older (not that old) phone? I've had the LG G6 for about 2 years now and it's served me well; however, I've noticed apps taking longer to open and intermittently lagging. Aside from completely factory resetting the phone, what are some ways to make it snappy again?

Thanks.

cumbrain

unironically, Razerphone 2

Attached: Screenshot_Bromite_20190722-215508.png (1120x2048, 986K)

unlock the bootloader and flash a custom ROM
LG UX is cancer

I'm gonna wait this month and Xiaomi better release the Pooco F2

what's the absolute best camera on a cheap phone (around 300eur)

Attached: 0cc.jpg (633x640, 51K)

Why is the phone awake so much? It is wasting the battery

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-02-19-19-33-898_com.miui.securitycenter.png (1080x2340, 56K)

Poco

RN7 w/gcam

Getting really fucking pissed here
Gotta wait for August 5 to PREORDER the damn ZenFone 6. Still no information about actual release date.
Plus that model on B&H doesn’t even have CDMA support so what’s the fucking point?

Get a life

MI 9T WHEN REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Two months ago
gizchina.com/2019/06/12/xiaomi-mi-9t-launches-in-europe-shipment-begins-june-17/

oops i meant mi 9t pro :^))))))))))

You've got a wakelock, try to find out which app it is keeping the phone from going to sleep.

Just buy the Chinese version, Cletus

Can you use a usb device like a mouse and the 3.5mm dongle at the same time while being able to charge?

Attached: ugreenusbchub.jpg (480x480, 92K)

Best sub-$400 phone camera with expandable storage? Looking at the A50, but it doesn't seem to have gcam support.

>USA, Sprint
>inb4 give up microSD for Pixel 3a

>inb4 give up microSD for Pixel 3a
Tbh that's exactly what you should do

Galaxy S10e is still available for $349:
slickdeals.net/f/13229329-128gb-samsung-galaxy-s10e-smartphone-w-verizon-at-t-or-sprint-activation-350-free-shipping

Why is the s10e so cheap in the US?

I've just bought a Xiaomi mi9. Comming from stock Android so it's a bit frustrating. Does anyone knows how to remove this shitty pic when my phone is locked?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-02-20-26-40-258_com.teslacoilsw.launcher.png (1080x2340, 498K)

Non, desolé

FUCK.
I'm an American living in the UK, but it would be so much hassle to get it activated on my friends account and it would cost money.
Might just go with the 3A, I think it has a better camera too.

what the fuck
why is it so expensive in europe

Import tariffs and massive sales tax.

Going with a budget arround $300
Honor 9x or Xiaomi mi 9t?

>Pocophone F1
Did they fix all the issues due to build quality?

Looking for a Samsung s6 replacement, is the pixel 3a a stronger phone?

I bough my Mom a Redmi Go
Problem Is I cant find the fucking Import Contracts from Sim option. I literally cant find anywhere.
Can someone help me out somehow it's driving me crazy

How much battery does Android's Battery Saver save compared to just leaving it off? Does it actually prolong battery life or are the differences negligible?

I want to buy a mi 9t, the price in AliExpress is 270 usd, will it drop more? I don't if I should wait

>Honor 9x
if you like sd card slot and good camera
>Xiaomi mi 9t
if you like performance

>he thinks I'm the Zenfone 6 user
>hfw

Attached: depositphotos_239031426-stock-video-young-confused-bearded-indian-man.jpg (608x342, 12K)

Longpress on the home screen -> wallpaper -> select a photo -> apply -> set both

It's not there in Contacts app -> settings -> import?

wtf happens if I want to be charging my phone and listening to music?

fuck this timeline.

Can someone gift me a phone please? Thanks

Sent :^)

Thank you very much :^)

Does anyone have experience with Oneplus in Japan? Thinking of getting the 7 pro and I'll be living in glorious Nihon for a year but I've read there can be some issues with their cell providers.

You use wireless headphones or wireless charging, ofc

Ok I found it now but I found the bigger problem. My mom saved every number on the old Phone which is a Shit Lumia 532.
The Problem is that Microsoft is such a fucking god like designer there's no option to export numbers to the SIM.

Attached: 1532730201702.jpg (407x400, 32K)

Then transfer them manually

they make y cables that allow both at the same time

No I found a way around it. I made an Outlook profile on the Windows phone and imported every contract to the could that I downloaded on my PC and then made a Google account and imported the Contacts file and the loged into the Google profile on the new phone and imported the contracts.

The only problem now that if my Mom calls anybody they see "Private Number" and not hers

find a repair shop that has a cellebrite machine
t. former Sprint phone chucker