Nvidia & AMD are gonne die

ITT we thank Intel for bringing back competition in the discrete GPU market

Attached: large.png (1206x613, 188K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L7wmXQYnbCs&t=932
hexus.net/business/news/components/129740-has-samsung-chosen-intel-xe-gpu-manufacturing/
digitaltrends.com/computing/intel-xe-ray-tracing-support/
extremetech.com/gaming/287942-crytek-demo-showcases-real-time-raytracing-on-amd-vega-56
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

But can it run Minecraft and 900fps ?

>a common architecture from integrated graphics to data center

So he is releasing Intel's GCN

It's gonna be shit

Raja didn't design GCN. He designed Navi before leaving. Raja was thrown into GCN after it was well underway even with Vega design. AMDDrones are already seething from this kek.

People should be happy that a newcomer is entering the market and pushing prices low as they should be. NVIDIA and AMD are running a racket with the current prices

youtube.com/watch?v=L7wmXQYnbCs&t=932

Intel can't even compete with the Pascal MX150/MX250 let alone the upcoming 7nm successor based on new GPU microarchitecture

The competition is good but there are too many people that will never leave nvidia because of how it is the 'perfect' gaming part brand.

Sure, thanks for your input

Im excited about it, I really hope their blender and davinci performance is good because I seriously hate that the only viable option (read objectively best) is and has been nvidia for about 7 years or so.

Speaking of gpus, what ever happened to those gpus that were supposed to have expandable vram via nvme ssd's or something like that? the amount was crazy like 1tb tier

>deflection and cope
Enjoy your GPoo superpower 2020 developed by King Poo India #1 Raja Koduri, sir!

>integrated graphics is bad and gets beat by anything dedicated
Wow! Color me surprised.

>inb4 intel kills nvidia like they did power, sparc, and m68k

Imagine what the added competition will do to prices. Hell, I wish Nvidia would make desktop x86 CPUs as well.

From what Raja said it doesn't sound like Intel wants to compete in the enthusiast GPU market. Just the midranger ($200) and data centers (probably to replace the older Xeon Phi shit they made).

It would still interest me if there mid range beats out amd and nvidias offerings on price and ppw. Competition is always good, idk why some people have such brand loyalty. I just buy whatever suits me best (but I do look at other stats like past reliability as an indicator sometimes)

>there will be a future where people use AMD CPU and Intel GPU

>inb4 worlds first delidable gpu

I really hope they're gunna be gud
AMD and nVidia should be shot for current GPU prices

Apparently according to the drivers there are 4 GPUs they are releasing but Raja only seems to mention two. The first will be $200, maybe we can expect another at $250/$300? Then two expensive ones like Quadros.

>competition
forget that word, dumb zoomer. it's not 19th century anymore.
now it is more efficient to create new market with marketing tech than competing
instead of 2 monopolies we now have 3. literally nothing will change

>he doesnt remember

Attached: KL_Intel_i740_AGP.jpg (1912x1316, 1.07M)

Any word on if the drivers are open source? If they are id buy one to replace my 1060

fucking intel is hitting a wall with their cpus, they are basically the same shit for over a decade now, but they need to increase their profits, so it's gpu time

This is Intel's 3rd time going at GPUs.

aesthetic as hecc

>Raja didn't design GCN. He designed Navi before leaving. Raja was thrown into GCN after it was well underway even with Vega design.
I love how this changes literally every single time there is a new GPU release. Is Raja a fucking quantum paradox? How is it possible that there are so many products that were "his baby" yet at the same time he isn't responsible for anything that happened during or after his employment? Prior to Vega bombing, it was the first actual-real-true-for-realsies-this-time Raja GPU, but after it flopped actually Raja didn't have anything to do with Vega, what even is Vega, wait for Navi, the really really real Raja GPU! Oh, this one is successful? It must be the Raja GPU then.
Fuck me.

Attached: 1389237415448.gif (125x289, 87K)

but they never commited to it at a 100%
they sorta did it, but never aiming to provide top gpus

Brand new uarchs like Navi don't just pop up within 2 years. they take 4-5 years for R&D, design, prototyping, and final builds. There's even evidence of Navi work going on while Raja was at AMD. You're an idiot if you think the head of their GPU division had nothing to do with Navi.

Anyone who wants this to succeed is literal cancer. Be ashamed of yourselves and just support AMD.

>amd not making any new midrange gpus
>nvidia linux drivers suck

thank you based intel

>You're an idiot if you think the head of their GPU division had nothing to do with Navi.
Good thing I didn't say that then, huh?

>expecting affordable prices from (((Intel)))

Intel gets slaughtered by AMD in desktop hedt and servers and nvidia will keep intel down simply because of CUDA.

>$200

(heiled)
nice dubdubs

I hope Intel succeeds and shakes up the gpu market for good.

Would you call a card thatll have 960 performance at 200$ in 2019 affordable?

Sorry where did you get performance specs on the dedicate gpus? Right just making up shit.

meaningless without knowing the performance.

no matter what kind of gpu they'll make, someone will buy it

>$200
>Intel
lolno

Unless they're hiring Samsung to make their GPUs

If its a success then Intel will move their next-gen architecture to Samsung and wipe out AMD for the next decade

I bet they would sell a lot of them because of all the contracts they have with companies that make those prebuilts like Dell or HP.

hexus.net/business/news/components/129740-has-samsung-chosen-intel-xe-gpu-manufacturing/

Raja himself said $200 in the interview.

>Samsung 7nm
>Intel
Yep

AyyyMD is fucked

Attached: wipes out ayyymd.jpg (2048x1068, 376K)

>$200
>Intel
No thank you.

intel will probably crash and burn or slide into mediocrity, as before, with their gpus

So basically, intel wants to save their labs that can't produce competitive CPUs anymore by producing GPUs and they are willing to sell fuckhuge dies for 0 profit.

yeah there's no reason a 1050ti should have 6-8x the 570. nvididots buy whatever card has green over it even if it performs horribly for the price.

Yup, Intel is the next Nokia. Forever crushed into irrelevancy and never to recover.

>AMD should be shot for current prices

why? 5700 is cheaper 1070 price and almost 2070 performance.

>Support the company that criticized Nvidia for its prices, pretended to "jebait" them just to raise its own prices too

if you think amd isn't releasing other navi gpus this year you are retarded

>wipes out ayyymd.jpg
kek

>raised prices
what does he mean by this

Even if it's cheaper, it's still too expensive for a midrange card.

you better be trolling, nigger

Yes, support the company whose failures are responsible for the stagnation of the CPU market for the last decade, and for the price inflation of the GPU market

Attached: 1564302403797.png (734x506, 259K)

Except the GPUs aren't made in the CPU labs.

1650, 1660. and 1660 Ti have decent prices

I don't think they can do 1080 for $200 yet, it's pointless otherwise
also I imagine intel drivers will have all sorts of issues for at least a year

>Raja wants to replicate the 480

I too look forward to more snake oil like this

Attached: raja.jpg (1920x1080, 259K)

digitaltrends.com/computing/intel-xe-ray-tracing-support/
>Intel heats up graphics battle against Nvidia with ray tracing-capable Xe cards

Hehe nothing personal kid

>Intcel will have RT before AMD
AyyMD left in the dust once again

well, it was true for ashes and 480 was the only AMD success up until 5700

Reminder to stay loyal and force Intel into bankruptcy. Get rid of those kikes from tech already.

AMD already made RT for consoles, what else do you want?

extremetech.com/gaming/287942-crytek-demo-showcases-real-time-raytracing-on-amd-vega-56

only after the russians develop a proper cpu industry

proper meaning mass market? they got decent-ish risc CPU

>magic driver will enable RT on AMD GPUs
Too bad they never released shit.
Also too bad that their Image Sharpening technology is locked for the 5700 and 5700XT only. Remember, unlike Nvidia they're not Jews

they are still behind, who knows if they will keep investing
do people still use riscs? i thought cisc was the only way they go with modern cpus

Why the fuck are you blaming AMD for Intel's and NVIDIA's mistakes?
What the fuck happened to this board?
Kill your disgusting self, please.

Elbrus is vliw

>AMD fails to release competitive products which results in a total control of the market by its competitors allowing them to withhold innovation and raise prices
Let me guess, AMD did nothing wrong, the Jews are responsible

Maybe we should carpet bomb Intel fabs and then blame Intel for not competing.

I'm an amd fanboy and my dick is diamonds from the coming gpu price wars, specially if intels discrete gpus have the same level of linux support as their integrated gpus.
it's almost as if you can realize that rooting for the underdog is only good for you until he stops being an underdog

Raja joined AMD in 2013, the first GCN card came out in 2011 I believe, and it takes some years of planning until the arch is launched, so, yes, GCN was probably in the drawing board a full 5 years before Raja came back to RTG.
That said, he probably did meddle with Vega and later Polaris stuff while working on Navi in the background.

>Intel does nothing but leech money off people for a decade because they're fucking scumbags
I still fail to see why are you blaming AMD for Intel's behavior.

Commie spotted

>last American semiconductor company that builds their own shit
>Nokia
(lol

Following that logic means you're as much a failure as AMD for not starting a company to compete with Intel, dumbass

>In particular, BK reckons that Koduri might be talking to Samsung with regard to sourcing DDR5 or other types of memory for its upcoming Xe cards
Is business korea retarded they'd be using GDDR6 or HBM2 both of which samsung makes I think

>and for the price inflation of the GPU market
you mean nvidia since they essentially have monopoly power

>Unironically running away from reality
Okay kid, you do that. That "happiness" won't last long, lemme tell ya.

>AMDrones thinking Pooduri is the only guy behind Intel's GPUs
He brought along Based Jim, then both him and Based Jim were carried along to do all sorts of stuff for Intel.

I wouldn't be surprised if they're focusing on GPUs right now since the margins and profits in that sector is limitless compared to desktop consumer CPUs.

Attached: kills AMD.jpg (678x487, 36K)

Guess why Nvidia could get away with it and you'll find the culprit

>profits in that sector is limitless
Wat. Nvidia has nearly complete lockin on that segment and all they managed to squeze out of that market is like 600M per quarter which is nothing in comparison with their gaming gpus or intel's cpus.

>implying Intel is truly battling Nvidia
They're going to remove AMD from the GPU business, soon AMD will just make GPUs for Snoy and Microsoft.

Apple will use those 10nm Ice Lakes along with Intel Xe graphics then all laptop and OEM makers will follow suit.

Raja should just shut the fuck up and only open his Pajeet mouth until the product is a reality and Intel isn't faced with shortages and paper launches. Only then he is allowed to shit on AMD mercilessly for eternity.

>ROMAN EMPIRE IS TOO BIG TO FAIL IT'S LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE IT'S JUST TOO BIG TO FAIL

Apple dropped Intel like hot garbage. Intel is literally shit on every single front and GPUs won't save them.

>Low priced
>Starting at 200$
Nigga what?

>HBM memory
>high bandwidth memory memory

Do you really think Jim and Raja, both longtime AMD employees, are in this to kick AMD out of the GPU market? They just want the market more competitive and innovating. GPUs have stagnated over the past few years and the prices are horrendous compared to the cost to make them.

this

vega was good, the problem was vega cut polaris high end off, which in hindsight was bad, as polaris high end was comparable to vega in performance but didn't have hbm that caused to sell near or at loss.

Vega 64 is still one of the best price/performance.

Will their gpus be as broken as their cpus?

>we're now gonna have pozzed tranny Xe GPUs too

Attached: blue waffle.jpg (580x334, 32K)

That's their 2-3 plan gpu, not what's coming out in 2020. Also from what I read i question if that's a legit leak or not.

first, he is stuck on shit that needs to just come out and work, I cant blame him entirely for this because what would take to make it work is up in the air.

raja was on the vega team, and 3/4ths of his team was gutted and given to navi if I remember right, he was team vega.

there is a problem though, and thats market segmentation. to much of a split makes it harder for new shit to be made and come out, granted, right now it's effectively an nvidia monopoly, so fuck knows how segmentation will hurt anyone, but the most likely thing is it's going to hurt amd bad, while not giving intel enough market share to really justify the r&d

all depends on what intel wants to do. I could see intel make an oem card that needs no more then 75 watts and make it cost 200$ or make a monster that plays with the 5700 or 2070 for 200$ and shits on the price point... if intel wants to take market share, they need statement pieces or they need oem 'why use anything elses'.

Raja was the head of the GPU division, he was team everything going on.