How often do you Jow Forumsents clean your computers?

How often do you Jow Forumsents clean your computers?

Attached: 67688770_731232823994646_5836645093934628864_n.jpg (2048x1536, 349K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=skV9exEDM3w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1x every 1-2 weeks , i just vacuum the dust filters which seems to be plenty enough

That's what I used to do until I opened up the case... It was a horror show in there, as sure filters are great, but they don't stop all of the dust

I've got a fractal r5 kiddo. it hjas a dust filter in the front and on the bottom. i have 5 fans directing airflow to the posterior part of the case , so there can never be any dust.

So you have negative air pressure ?
Does that affect your performance ?

Genuine questions

hardly ever. the dust isn't even that bad after the filters get clogged up. when new guts get installed a quick go over with some compressed air.

assuming air flows from high to low i have high air pressure inside my case which prevents dust from coming in except through the air filters where it gets filtered obviously

also why would it affect performance lol

when I need to open the case for some other reason. Having no pets in the house means that even without filters there's very little dust.

Because from things I tend to see, people have mixed feelings on negative air pressure, as some say it "strangles" lack for a better word, your gpu and cpu for air, so it doesn't get cooled down as efficiently

Well I got my computer 9+ years ago and 5 months ago I cleaned it when I was installing a new processor.

So every 9 years.

Complete dust-off twice a year. I clean the dust filters once every couple of weeks whenever I vaccum the room.

never

I properly clean my 6 year old PC last year, taking it apart, cleaning out all the dust, re-doing the thermal paste.

Those cans of compressed air are shit, they just freeze up instantly. I used a hand air pump thing.

when it starts making noise or smelling like burning plastic

They dont stop shit, just slow it down but at the cost of clogged filters and significantly reduced airflow.

I don't have filters and I cleaned my radiator for the first time it maybe 5 years, Huge dust bunnies in the fans. I'd post a pic but it was on my old phone

what computer case / manufacturer is best for keeping dust out ?

>bequiet
Homosexual detected

lmao. Your mediocre case with dust filters isn't doing shit.

What a made up story. Like really?

twice a day

i7 920 upgraded to an X5670 @4.4Ghz.

It holds its own.

youtube.com/watch?v=skV9exEDM3w

why would I need to clean my computer?

Prolly the moment it needs fresh thermal paste

Clean the air filters every couple of weeks, take the thing outside and blast it with a compressor air line every six months

The newer the pc the more often i clean it honestly
I've removed the front panel of the case and so MAXDUSTED i clean once every month

I got an air purifier with a HEPA filter. Since then I need to clean my PC only once a year. I clean the purifier bi weekly though xD

stop listening to retards

I keep the area it's in relatively clean and it has air filters so it takes many months to get more than just a handful of scattered bits of dust.

And I certainly don't use WD-40 in it.

>they just freeze up instantly.
you're holding it wrong

Tfw side panel window is actually useful as dust monitor

Attached: 258621.8cc1f66494ca279bb6eee18de337a4d9.1600.jpg (1600x1200, 183K)

Dust off every 15 days, full disassembly to clean each part manually every 2 months.

of course they don't stop dust completely, you moron. for that you would need a HEPA filter but that would absolutely kill air flow because the puny 14mm fans can't get through that.

but the filter still are great. I bet you're too young to remember but in the times before filters were common you had real dust bunnies in your PC case after a few weeks. not just the light dust you have now.

so fuck off toddler and kill yourself

I just clean the dust filter in the front. Had my PC for 5 yrs and it still runs like new, no internal cleaning necessary

Not OP but that's contact cleaner

Ever 12 hours. I take apart my computer and put them in dishwasher for 1 hour. Then another 10 hours for drying it. I then put it back together and run it for an hour before repeating the whole step.

>stock cooler
get some poo fans my nigga

Never had to use contact cleaner on PC parts other than ones that had sat in a garage for a decade. It's great for getting old Nintendo cartridges working again though.

>but the filter still are great
They're dogshit. All they do is kill airflow and just like tempered glass and RGB it's a selling point for manbabies who fall for chink marketing.

>you had real dust bunnies in your PC case after a few weeks
I still have a rig running in a Beta Evo you fucking 12 year old subhuman. You don't have to dust shit because the ventilation doesn't clog after a week, the fans and heatsinks work just fine even when caked in dust unlike a "filter" that immediately clogs and kills airflow because it's just a cheap mesh that already reduces airflow to like 1/2 of a normal grill.

>so fuck off toddler and kill yourself
Typical edgy nu/g/ 12 year old shit. Your tiny, addled peabrain probably can't even think of anything else. You just go on reddit and look at all the other meme builds going on about their tempered glass and filters and think that's exactly what you need too like a retarded drone.

Before I shower
Which is everyday

my PC is self cleaning

I clean the guts every 1-2 months.
The outside, every 1-2 weeks.

What mobo?

>How often do you Jow Forumsents clean your computers?
Every Labor Day.

My aunt never cleaned hers in 4 years. I opened it up to change the drive to an ssd and there was an inch of dust on everything. It sounded like a jet in overheated fast

try living in the desert. you'll get dust no matter what.

Once every year or two.

I guess it just depends on where and how you live. I only ever blow some compressed air into the fans once every 6 months or something and there's practically never anything else in there.

I had a computer for 15 years I never cleaned once. Just got rid of it recently as I slowly used my laptop more and more and the laptops I bought eventually surpassed the desktop in performance. Anyway now I wish I would have opened it up and taken a picture. I bet there was a lot of dust in there. I legit never thought to clean it, didn’t know that was a thing until the last 2-3 years and by then I no longer cared as it was so old. I do think you guys are making a bigger deal out of dust then reality though since according to this board that computer should have been 90 percent dust at the end and not worked, but it worked fine, fan didn’t even sound insane or anything.