/obsd/

"the very existence of an OpenBSD thread triggers shills" edition

news:
>OpenBGPD new version out
>unveil gets Perl bindings
>tedu's Android devices all suck
undeadly.org

on a personal note, I'm now blocking all traffic from israel on IPv4 and v6. thanks for making it so easy, pf :^)

get help at man.openbsd.org and ask here if you find yourself unable to adapt the examples to your use case. e.g., the smtpd.conf man pages are great, but what if you don't want to use your unix login for mail?

Attached: 1280px-OpenBSD_Logo_-_Cartoon_Puffy_with_textual_logo_below.svg.png (1280x833, 192K)

Iam joined to OpenBSD gang. Fuck linux and fuck Windows.

Attached: openbsd.png (779x494, 129K)

let me know if you need any help setting it up.

besides `man afterboot`, I like to
>enable doas for the user you set up during install (cp /etc/examples/doas.conf /etc/)
>get a nsd+unbound caching/dnssec validating resolver up
>tighten /etc/ssl/openssl.cnf params
>enable sshd tunnelling
>make sure the user receives daily system mail

Thank you user.
I just prepare my old x230 to install openBSD.
Need flash seabios.

>*hands you an ext4 hard drive*
>"could you copy over that file from your laptop for me real quick?"
wwyd?

Attached: 1564633116681.png (400x600, 196K)

OpenBaSeD is PPC Macs OS of choice.

Attached: 1342954072_0f6ed6b223_b.jpg (768x1024, 137K)

Linux is for bugmen, trannies and Israeli spies.

Linux is for everyone!
BSD is for everyone, too!
Uphold Freedom #0!

Can I safely use it as a daily driver on the latest laptops available? Does it support formatting hard drives to more resilient file systems than UFS, while supporting TRIM? Does it support the latest wireless network cards?

No? How about having a non-late-80's GUI out of box that installs automatically? Really? You're telling me that I have to type out "yes" or "no" in a terminal to install CWM? Not even a simple "Y" or "N?"

So what you're telling me is that I have to be jobless, in order to configure the system to exactly how I needed, for the sake of productivity? Hold on... Are you telling me that it doesn't even run fast enough to actually use a word processor comfortably?

>muh y or n
holy fuck there he goes again

>tfw no qt3.14 OpenBSD wife to hack the ports tree together

Attached: 453546.png (897x895, 177K)

Help plz with disk part and FDE

Wanted to install and use it but it doesn't have my shitty keymap

OP, whats your major in Uni?

t. suckless fag that might use openbsd

Astronautics and quantum crystallography dual major.

>on a personal note, I'm now blocking all traffic from israel on IPv4 and v6. thanks for making it so easy, pf :^)

why?

>He's upset that people have lives
Why doesn't it surprise me?

is your reading comprehension off a little or are you just pajeet shilling for redhat?

Daily reminder

Attached: Stallman vs. BSD.jpg (499x499, 87K)

>Jealous that two Red Hat derivatives are recognized as POSIX-compliant over OpenBSD
You seem mad, bro. Please tell me how facts are FUD.

>>unveil gets Perl bindings
why bindings for a dead language?

Because OpenBSD is a dead OS.

Also the same reason why they ported Node.js for $3850.

>node.js is single threaded
>openbsd is also single threaded

it's like a match made in heaven

Ouch.

Attached: Butthurt BSD Autists.jpg (653x726, 126K)

>That logo
How haven't Bill Cosby and Filmation sued the OpenBSD project for infringing on Fat Albert yet? And how haven't BLM sued OpenBSD for undue racism, in associating African Americans with defective-by-design software and computer illiteracy?

>2 BSD shill threads
>Both get trolled for shilling shitty software
>The OpenBSDistrofags go autistic
inb4 they start flooding Jow Forums with more threads to compete against POSIXfag

>holy fuck there he goes again
What's what all of Jow Forums says every time you shitpost your OpenBSD shill threads. Face it; you're a hipster. Nobody wants to use an OS that deliberately cripples your machine, when you got it specifically for the features that OpenBSD is made to cripple. And nobody wants to have to type out "yes" to install a Windows 3.1 look-alike tiling window manager, when they can have the convenience of automatically installing a DE that resembles Windows XP/7/10 (such as Xfce, LXDE, KDE, etc.).

And NOBODY wants to risk losing important information on a shitty file system like UFS, when there are better, more robust file systems out there (from NTFS on Windows, to ext4 on Linux, to even ReiserFS, which is sad to say because ReiserFS is just as outdated as UFS, yet more robust).

>muh hipster boogeyman
could you actually be the same NEET who's been posting for years

>Implying only one person has the opinion of OpenBSD shills being pathetic
There's 11 posters here and only 2 are serious OpenBSD shills.

Not op.
Master degree in CE

nigger what is CE

It's not CS, that's for sure.

>Be in CE
>Still can't find a job
>Fills void of unemployment with daily repairs and reconfiguring of his computer

It's Computer Engineering you stupid ass zoomie

>Shills shitty OS that only unemployed CE grads can use
>In a website full of zoomers who just want something that works

I do have a job.
Doing ML and operations research stuff tho

What's ML and what sort of operating stuff? And why would you lie about being employed on the internet?

ML: machine learning
Operations research: function optimization in convex sets

Why sould i lie?

The same reason why you lie about OpenBSD being a good, functional OS on modern hardware.

Am I missing something?
was my first post.

I use openbsd as daily driver and in my private home server+firewall.
It works ootb and I'm more efficient with it respect to linux.
What's this anger against openbsd?

>What's this anger against openbsd?
Nobody's angry, except for those who have lost their data on their OpenBSD NAS machines after a brownout.

Nobody would use openbsd as a NAS.
I get it now, you are a troll.
Grow up dude, I will not reply to you anymore

Of course nobody uses OpenBSD for anything; everyone knows how defective UFS is and how the OS deliberately cripples you from taking advantage of a CPU's full features. And this ignores driver availability for modern hardware and a lack of TRIM for hard drives.

Enjoy your catastrophic data loss after an unsafe shutdown. And enjoy conflating factuality with "trolling," zoomer hipster.

you keep mentioning these spectacular failures but there's no source

>Implying people need to write about their experiences
Jow Forums isn't reddit, retard.

Besides, multiple sources are already presented in OP, including OpenBSD's porting Node.js for $3850 (and we all know where that money went to, don't we).

what about netbsd?

Where?

OpenBSD gang here

Attached: s2k15.gif (583x527, 78K)

>make a claim
>people ask you to back it up
>hurrdurr hipster retard posix inspur y/n
(You)

>Being too illiterate to read OP's links
The state of OpenBSDistrofags

>OpenBSD's mad a NetBSD
Why? Because NetBSD has a functional file system for real world use?

all the op link has is undeadly.org

am i speaking to a neural network

>Too retarded to read the archives
The faulty facts we've kept pointing out to OP is why he removed them before shitposting this thread again.

>tfw has more intelligent discussion and users than this thread
Why am I not surprised that FreeDOS is still more practical and useful than OpenBSD?

>moving the goalpost this hard

>Too retarded to accept facts
>Too lazy to read archives
>Calls it "le moving le goal le post le"
Retard detected.

This. Even FAT16 and FAT32 are more robust than UFS.

so you do admit that you obsessively stalk these threads

>Gets told to read archives
>Hurr you stalk the threads
My God you're an insufferable retard.

why would you even remember that

How could people not remember what gets shitposted daily up here? Same reason why you have a die-hard fantasy of calling out everyone who disagrees with you as the POSIXfag.

bro, i'd love to dd OpenBSD, but
>no trim
>no wifi drivers
>no wx gpu hw acc support
>no slack

can't get work done

Maybe that's where OpenBSD spent the $3850 they made off of porting Node.js.

So, for OpenBSD the best browsers are Iridium and Firefox, right?

Looks like the mods exposed the troll.

Notice the post counter after they banned him and deleted his posts.

31 trolls posts from 2 IPs. Classical loser who uses both his home and cellular network to make it a little bit less obvious that he is obsessed with OpenBSD and monitors Jow Forums 24 hours to post the same FUD.

He was the one accusing everyone else of being one person and of "shilling" and open source project. Like I said before the fact that people like him exist only makes me more interested in OpenBSD, I can only try to imagine what happened in the life of that loser that made him hostile towards a FOSS OS that just wants to be Free, Functional and Secure.

Attached: FUD_autist.png (1919x960, 288K)

It's not just one person, the same exact trolling happens any time OpenBSD is mentioned anywhere on the Internet.

>enable doas for the user you set up during install (cp /etc/examples/doas.conf /etc/)
Unnecessary on single-user systems. You can use su and su -
>make sure the user receives daily system mail
This happens by default.

>bash 3.1
>current version of bash on OpenBSD is 5.0.3
Korn shell is great. The ports system would be better if it was installed by default, though, or at least available in the installer like it is on FreeBSD.

People like what people like I guess

>shitty file system like UFS
It’s time tested and standard, and with soft updates it’s as reliable as anything. There are several ways to add snapshots and checksumming as well, which don’t gloat the FS code to millions of lines.

running 32-bit openbsd in a VM will be slow because they still use INT 128 as the system call trap, and some VMs choke on software interrupt handling

What're you running 32-bit OpenBSD in a VM for?