Do you use slack at your place of work?

Do you use slack at your place of work?
What are your thoughts?

Imo it's a great application, best messenger currently, I just wish I wasn't an autist that is scared and unsure to comment or react.

Attached: 2019-01_BrandRefresh_slack-brand-refresh_header-1.png (460x460, 9K)

complete garbage, botnet, glorified messenger. It's hardly a replacement for other botnets like facebook messenger and it has a far more controlling staff.

overhyped irc frontend

I wish my org would use a normal mailing list

I'm glad that my company issues 32gb laptops otherwise slack would probably slow down my workflow :/

We do, its interface is meh. At least it has a lot of integrations with other services and it is easy enough to develop bots for it.

Bloated piece of shit app with a bounty of integrations that provide negative business value in the form of constant interruptive notifications.

>Do you use slack at your place of work?
Yes
>What are your thoughts?
It's alright. Better than anything else I worked with - Chatwork and Cisco-pile-o-shit.
Integration and bots are pretty cool - we can use a variety of tools but we don't have to visit a variety of websites to check on those tools as we have bots shitposting instead.

boomer discord

no we use discord because (1) it has unlimited message history for free and (2) our customers are all on discord so we have a public server

unemployed
intern
larping student
unemployed
unemployed
works in sales

I do a little sales but my primary function is development

There aren't any trannies in my company slack so it's automatically better than discord

>unemployed
I run a small business that nets a couple million a year, we have 17 employees. Most of them use facebook messenger or email. Some use RIOT with me. You're an idiot and slack is fucking garbage and has no usefulness at all.
Trello is far more useful.

>Trello
>useful
>I run a small business
also larping

yes and i fucking hate it every time some dope uses @here because its not ever relevant to me.

this is correct
and so is this
kanban programs are very useful, autist. You'd know that if you've ever actually worked with anyone.

Discord and Slack are pretty much comparable but i prefer slack for work so nobody sees me playing hentai vr games

>kanban programs are very useful
Sure. Not Trello, though. You give away your incompetence by comparing Slack to Trello, to begin with.

Nobody compared them other to state usefulness. The fact is slack is in no way useful and it is a bloated piece of trash and you're a crybaby shill for the garbage software.
Enjoy their swastika dick logo up your ass or something? faggot.
Trello is actually useful, unlike slack. And if you say it's not then all you do is degrade slack as well, since it is below it in usefulness.

>Nobody compared them
>Trello is far more useful
>far more
>Trello is actually useful, unlike slack
>Trello
>unlike slack
>if you say it's not then all you do is degrade slack as well
>slack as well
>Nobody compared them
Graduate before posting.

Imagine being in 2019 and having a whole copy of chromium running in the background just to send messages.

The absolute state of technology.

We could achieve the exact same level of service on a 30 yeras old computer, but no, we decided to have a 300 Mb piece of shit sitting in RAM.

We need minimalism.

based.

web apps are the future ;^D

>Imagine being 19 in 2019
Sorry, I can't

>couple of millions
>17 employees

you need more than a couple of million there unless you run slave labour

>lying on the internet

I'm probably going to get the hate train for this.

We used HipChat at work, a few departments used Slack. Atlassian sold HipChat to Slack and it was believed we would all just migrate over. Turns out Slack either couldn't or wouldn't sign any guarantees about the security standards they use for storing our data. Our company shut down use of Slack in all departments and went with Teams instead.

>HipChat
Ah, I remember using this too. It was utter fucking garbage but I guess it could've had good security as that was something for management to care not for me.

>Teams
it got way better over the last year but I still hate it

HipChat had a self-hosting option that gave us total control over our data. No such option with Slack.

Yeah, it sits in that realm of "not bad but not great". A shitload better than Lync was though.

Everyone is 10-16 an hour, retard

Slack has been criticized by users[69] because the data are stored exclusively on cloud servers under Slack control.[70][71]

This is found to be a particular issue for users with large teams, who experienced issues with connectivity within the app, access to archived messages, and the number of users for a given "workspace".[72] Slack has additionally been criticized for a recent change to their privacy policy, allowing access to all public and private channels by workspace administrators, without the need of consent from any parties using the app.[73] According to the policy, Slack users would not be notified when their information is being accessed.[74] Other notable issues include being criticized as addictive,[75] an inhibitor to productivity,[76] and showing personal information such as email to other users by default.[77]

It's great for quickly messaging people in your workplace and sharing log files

I use Teams and Discord.

Discord is the best.

Literal botnet, comes with ad trackers pre-installed. Journo/Activist pays the ad agency = enjoy your deanon.

Only use in an ephimeral Qubes machine behind a VPN

We use slack at my workplace. Honestly though despite being catered towards the gamer crowd, discord seems better in every way

Yes, and its alright.

We dropped slack because paying for the audit history was retarded when there are dozens of comparable free services.

I still use Slack as a log sink for when errors happen, though. One message here, one through SNS, and another logged on a database.

We use Teams, mostly due to a close relationship with Microsoft, plus we have data management requirements so all data has to be on shore.

I quite like it, the inbuilt wiki tool is really useful.

We do, it's tolerable I guess

Proprietary, but who gives a shit if it's paying the bills

Its fine when it works
>mailing list
Larping linux fag who never worked a job

Not like us waggies pay for it

t.Yikes and Cringe

He isnt wrong faggot. What do you use at your imaginary job? Hipchat (trash)

It boggles my mind to this day that pepe used to be an officially supported emoji by that meme platform

Is still in our repo of emojis i post it sometimes

Its fine, I'm not the one paying for it and it's more than enough for sending questions to devs and recieving angry messages from my PM.

>He isnt wrong faggot.
Only he is, dumb zoomer.

Again, what do you use at your imaginary job? Op said do you use slack "at your place of work". NEETs need not reply

i hate hate hate it

I'm a home builder employer who shitposts while the grunts build my stick frame homes, try not to mad too much.

Not open source? Straight into the trash it goes.

>im not even industry
Was obviously from how cluess you are

Unemployeed. Try telling your project manager that, autist

All good those were i come from in hilbilly land home builders make all the cash

Stay mad you got baited, I make more than you in 3 months than you do in a year.
>home builders make all the cash
Need more zoomer grunts in the industry, too many want their sci-fi diploma's when they could be making a good living in 3 - 5 years tops atm.

aI have a $5k long position on this millenial Silicon Valley piece of shit that I am skeptical on from a technology expert position. From a purely investing standpoint, how fucked am I?

Do you see this gaining mass adoption through out workplaces or will something more light weight and less gimmicky come by and "disrupt"?

Dude you run crews of illegals and drunk pill addicted drunks and have to take calls at all hours of the day and deal woth degenerate contractora. i gladly turned that fucked life. I make half you pay and show up to a desk with no liability or stress when i leave the office

And i say you make twice my pay assuming you pull down 200k after you pay for your health insurance

it's literally just an IRC client

>Dude you run crews of illegals and drunk pill addicted drunks and have to take calls at all hours of the day and deal woth degenerate contractora.
Why you hire good people to solve these problems.

Make much more than 200k but it depends on the year.

Well you do youre line of work and ill do mine. Youre line of work has nothing to do with slack so i dont know how youve trolled me into replying this many times. Im trying to fuckin chill bro i wagecucked all week

I use Mattermost. Open source, exactly the same functionality as Slack (not so many bots though, but still it's easy to develop for it via PHP and Python) and most important, it is exclusively self hosted.

Based as fuck desu.

much better than slack but still as useless as slack itself is unfortunately.

I agree, these are all literally bloated, blatant copies of IRC. But since they use it and it's not Slack, oh well, I can live with this I guess.

Also, nice dubs

It does what it should. I see no benefit over using an IRC though. I don't know why my company uses it when it paywalls out archived messages. We may as well just write our own chat client

People don't get their notifications, but assume they will. Lots of no-replies result.

We use Teams at work. It's okay-ish. Gets the job done. Personally, if I was the one paying for it I'd go with Basecamp. I'll let you look at their site for the pitch, but it's more bang for your buck and made by some great devs.

Attached: 999999999.png (544x900, 611K)

We just use IRC and a Wiki.

Why do Chads always get their way in life?

Attached: CEO of Slack.jpg (960x640, 68K)

It's kind of blowing my mind that people use discord for work. It's just so childish

Grow up.

we use teams as its just easier to intergrate into our system as the dumbfuck employees only logon with ms accounts

Garbage, their mobile app became worse over time. Fixed theme on mobile while before it would use your custom theme. Had to downgrade versions so it would not stay ugly purple

It deletes "old" messages.
Hate this shit.

Not if you pay for it

>an autist that is scared and unsure to comment or react.
grow up and man up

>if you pay for it
We don't even pay for Bloomberg terminal.

No, we use something even worse. Microsoft Teams.

>Do you use slack at your place of work?
Yes

>What are your thoughts?
It's fairly good, and beats Skype which the boomer managers wanted to continue to use.
I miss the IRC support though, that was a killer feature IMO.

My work is going hard for Teams. IT are proper microsoft fanbois.
My issue with these live chat type programmes is that they are not replacing anything. They are just an additional thing to get smashed with at work and I do not see how they increase productivity. Every formal decision still gets communicated via email anyway.

>write our own chat client
What language?
Web based or native?

We use "getting up and talking to that person".

defo unemployed

Trello is an entirely different tool

In most workplaces it's either skype or this and Slack has so many more useful features, especially being able to send formatted snippets, trying to do this with skype and devs would be impossible.

>t. doesn't have remote work from home privileges and works at a small office where all employees are at the same floor

unemployed

Yammer is so much better.

Yes. Hate it. Threads are pure cancer. People treat it like a place to store knowledge.

Just do irc but pretty it up so normies can use it. We also use skype as well which is doubly as retarded

>pretty irc
That's a really good idea actually.
Add some minimal CSS stylesheet support and make it look cool.
Add native encryption and docker images.
A python bot library and bam you are done.

Why don't we do this Jow Forums?
Companies will love it and Jow Forums code will run in fortune 500 companies.

>Why should we stop using slack/teams/skype/etc when they already work just fine
You would also need to build in support for uploading and displaying files. Images would be easy, text files would be harder since you'd want to color the code keywords and shit

We will just use electron and JavaScript libraries and S3 for storage and we got slack again.

bloated shit, the perfect proof that desktop software is regressing.

This overarching obsession with absolutely pointless, unmotivated optimization is a prime example of the symptoms of terminal autism.

Fuck slack to death with a rusty fucking pole slathered in shit.

Slack is pretty decent at what its build for. My problem is that EVERY MOTHERFUCKING TIME I click on it to fucking read a message or type something the motherfucker hangs for 2-5seconds not responding at all. EVERY FUCKING TIME!!!!