Redshift

Do you use it, Jow Forums? Or f.lux?

I'm a Redshift man, myself. Literally can't live without it.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 16K)

yes, redshift for linux and f.lux for windows. They are a game changer, it really feels good and you can get to sleep without problems.

>he can't adjust his monitor to not display blue

flux is nonfree software

Is this true, does the blue light really impair sleep?

well I can get to sleep normally now. You should try it, if it doesn't work just stop using it. It's great with movies, your eyes feel more relaxed.

Change the color temperature depending on the hour of the day. Higher during daylight and lower during nighttime but there is only recommended values. Try one and see how you like it.

I use 3500K for nighttime and 5700K for daylight with lowering brightness a little too.

if its a laptop

I use the one built into my operating system.

This doesn't adjust it for you on a schedule.

What? get the fuck out of here retard

I used it for over a year on every device, also had night mode turned on android constantly. Stopped using it a few weeks ago. It's literal snake oil and does nothing other than waste CPU cycles and make everything look like shit.

Yes user. You can sleep better with that one simple trick.
Just click the app

He isn't wrong, kys shill.

>redditshift
just set your screen dimmer you dumb bitch

Attached: 1544354866134.jpg (565x425, 150K)

yes, it's great.

>accuses someone of being reddit
>uses two reddit memes in one post
wew

>getting this triggered
you must be fun at parties

Attached: 1564743807238.png (634x632, 222K)

wew

im just drake n joshing you its all good =)

Yes, I configured it once, started it and never thought once about it. It works perfectly, way better than flux IMO

It doesn't wake me up in the same way. I don't think it helps me goto sleep really but if I turn my phone on after being in the dark it doesn't wake me up completely. The main thing it solved for me is I no longer get any kind of headache from prolonged usage. This used to be a pretty significant issue with me. My eyes used to feel very strained at night and I no longer feel this either. I think it helps some people with sensitivity issues but then when it doesn't work for someone they want to yell about snake oil because they have nothing else to feel smart about. If you need it, try it, and if it doesn't work just know it does work for some people.

The only difference between that and snake oil is that it has been proven multiple times that blue light affects sleep negatively. You'd be hard pressed to find any scientific study which says otherwise. The effects vary from person to person but is definitely not snake oil

How did you become so addicted to Redshift that it has become a necessity for your insignificant existence?

I use the in-built windows 10 one

You're constantly surrounded by blue light. Removing a small part of it from your monitor won't do shit.

I use the built in Windows 10 one. I always keep it at a static color the whole time anyway so f.lux would just be an extra thing I'd have installed and running. There is some drawbacks but it just werks for my usage.

>getting mad at someone stating a fact
did you know that sky is blue?

Blue light (spectrum) tinted red (colour) is not not-blue you fucking retard.
>I've been sleeping so well after staring at a full screen window of Paint with the canvas painted red with the flood tool for an hour before bed!

kill yourself tourist

I meant blue light from devices, next time I'll fill the entire sentence with useless details so everyone understands.

so a monitor stops being a device if it's displaying paint but not fortnite + a red filter? what are you even saying nigger

Tell me more, Redshift man.

Attached: jogging.jpg (640x640, 112K)

Doesn't work on wayshit

why do people care about wayshit?