Let's settle it now, once and for all

Let's settle it now, once and for all.

What is the best Linux distro? Just answer with the distribution and why. I will tally it up when the thread archives and post another thread with the winner.

Surely you can guys can do something as simple as that.

Attached: 1541207937327.jpg (391x517, 147K)

I tried MX Linux 18 and it is very usable overall but I do not have much experience in general. I certainly noticed many quirks but those were in programs, not distribution.

arch
pacman.

Manjaro/Archlinux.
Comfy, everything just works, though they messed (the Manjaro guys) up by including proprietary software by default in their distro.

The truth is there is no perfect distro and trying to find one is a waste of time. Use what you like and what works best for you.

best "beginner" distro: ubuntu/fedora
best "advanced" distro: arch/debian/gentoo

Arch

/thread

Clear Linux
Anybody saying otherwise is a poorfag with an AMD CPU

I use Arch
would recommend Kubuntu for everyone else.

>best "beginner" distro: Ubuntu
>best "advanced" distro: Ubuntu
fixed that for you my friend

Attached: 1eflzziqp2e31.png (912x650, 663K)

Well let's see... The best distro should cater to everyone's needs.

If someone wants to use nonfree packages it should be possible.
If someone wants a big software support it should be possible.
It should be able to be minimal if needed but easy to install with a DE when not.
It should be stable when needed but have new packages available for others.
It should be large enough that you can google your problems and find relevant search results.

I am going to say Debian.

Attached: Debian.png (2267x1763, 784K)

I wish there was a Debian that released once a year instead of every 2 or 3. By the end of the release cycle all the software is so old, and by the time the next version of Debian is deemed stable the packages are already months old by then.

old != worse

GENTOO

It can be literally anything. Runs faster than everything. Stable/ Unstable as much as you want it to be.

Attached: Screenshot_20190727_130247.png (625x315, 42K)

I use Sid, just change /etc/apt/sources.list to something other than stable.

go for testing, its reasonably stable.

old=insecure

read up on debian security policy

Ubuntu because systemd distros are all the same anyway.

OpenPepe Tumbleweed is pretty good and stable for a rolling release. Had it for 1.5 years and still the same install, albeit updated every week.

Mine. Just kidding, maybe one day.

Either Arch Linux or Debian. I use Arch because I love pacman, and with Debian based distros it somehow always corrupts and one time when I asked for help in fixing the problem, people responded with "dude this version is brand new ofc it corrupted".

Elaborate your experience? I'm using tumbleweed KDE for a month.

Attached: 1561293512731.jpg (498x573, 55K)

i used to run gentoo, but it didnt feel right putting my core 2 duo through all that compiling. ended up installing arch

The one I use