Now that the dust has settled, why was Zen 2 such a crushing disappointment...

Now that the dust has settled, why was Zen 2 such a crushing disappointment? Once again unable to even get close to Intel's clock speeds (not even able to hit its stated boost clocks in fact), and still well behind in gaming. All this despite a 7nm vs 14nm advantage. What went wrong?

Attached: Poozen.jpg (794x720, 143K)

They're playing 4D chess. They kept their best cards waiting for Intel's next move.
When that happens they'll wipe the floor with Intel so much even Chinese cafe will switch to AMD.
The premium brain has already won

Attached: amdrev.png (1800x850, 205K)

>7nm vs 14nm
because nanometer values don’t actually represent the size of the transistor, but rather the fabrication technology used to manufacture them.The gate pitch of a Transistor used to be the same as the Fabrication Technology (nm value), but this has not been the case for a while. These numbers are just a marketing gimmick that holds no physical significance.

I genuinely feel bad for all the mongs who bought one.

>clock speed
>gaming

leave

My 3700X was pegged at 1.48V at idle, now it sits at 0.9. I also can't hear my X570 fan. AMD 4.35ghz (waiting for this last issue to be fixed) = Intel 4.8ghz

It's fantastic now. Especially noticeable in RTS games where game play is much smoother.

No hate for Intel, I'd have gotten a 9700K last year but it's Q2 2019 now. There's literally no reason to choose any Intel product. The 3700X is another 6 year or more longevity processor.

>amateur budget rendering
>compiling gentoo but not being able to boot it for another 6 months due to firmware and hardware bugs
>unzipping files
>cinebench
So this is the power of AMD...

>why was Zen 2 such a crushing disappointment?
was it?

>They kept their best cards waiting for Intel's next move
This, their highest end chip is 105 fucking watts, its not like the arch is pushed to the limit and it's 200w like intel.

Mods, do your fucking job and delete this shit thread.

>still OBSESSED about a typo over a week later

Attached: 37.jpg (571x801, 65K)

Yeah, total "disaster".

Attached: 1564174264709.png (1304x899, 432K)

I can't wait to play Cinebench online with my buddies.

what currency is that?

>Cheaper
>better
>less power
I feel like i'm living in 2003 and it's amazing

He doesn't play competitive cinebench

Also c

>cinebench doesn't matter

>disappointment
According to whom? Hypefags?

I'm disappointed they dont hit 5Ghz

>ryzen 3600 competing with 9900K house fire cheap for less money and 65w power usage
>niggas still getting hung up on clock speed

because the 3900x isn't any close to the advertised clock 4.6GHz even at low temps with pbo on

Attached: 3900x.png (1297x739, 128K)

>3600 competing with 9900K

bruh

Is this not competing? it's absolutely insane.

Attached: Untitled.png (1605x472, 85K)

Price doesnt matter
Security doesnt matter
Cores dont matter
Lines dont matter
Cache doesnt matter
TDP doesnt matter
Temperature doesnt matter
Benchmarks dont matter

Dollars aka USD?

Attached: maxresdefault-1.jpg (1280x720, 167K)

>S$ is USD
news to me, glad we figured it out

Can't wait to play Passmark online with my buddies.

south african rand

Funny how we haven't seen the "doesn't matter" pasta ever since Zen 2 was released.

It's hard to add all the NEW things that don't matter.

To you its just a marketing gimmick but for these tech companies its all that matters.

To most people a smaller node is usually better, see 10nm A11 and 8nm Gookynos against 7nm Snapdragon.

It's the same shit with Intel's 14nm++++++/10nm and AMD's 12nm/12nm+/7nm/7nm+, the only place it does not apply is Nvidia and AMD and that's because discrete GPU customers are well informed and don't care about that shit.

It's especially hard because price to performance was the main selling point of that pasta and Intel is now way, way ahead in that department with the F series unless you live in some third world shithole

>comparing Lazada to Amazon
Nice try Chinkapoor

>Intel is budget guy now
I don't know if that's a good thing, they're niche is high end computing.

They're not

Intel CPUs are still expensive

Intel will never price match AMD, they never will

The best Intel will do is slash prices for a bit, like 10% tops and they rarely do that

It's seriously ogre and there are people on Jow Forums that just don't get it, either they're meming, or they're on summer break, I don't even know.

My 3700X gets 4.35 instead of 4.4. Stock settings, PBO off. It's annoying but it is still early days.

it's easier to live a lie than to accept reality
it's their problem to deal with, not ours.

In reality Intel CPUs are far more valuable than AMD CPUs that end up in the bargain bin one year later. Intel CPUs also work out of the box, no need for BIOS beta testing, magical gook RAM, no more tweaking and no more additional validation of certain motherboards.

That's why AMD will be forever stuck as a poorfag brand.

It's not even a poorfag brand anymore. It's just a brainlet brand.

>In reality Intel CPUs are far more valuable than AMD CPUs
I hate intel but this is true, you can resell your 4yo intel crappy cpu for nearly full price because fellow intcels are happy to be cucked

Much the same with iphones

It's not a brainlet brand when you can spend $500 for 12-cores.

You probably can get it for $400 at Black Friday/Christmas.

>tfw 4790K still a $200 used cpu when it's been btfo

Inb4 12 cores for $500 when intel would charge you over a grand doesn't matter

yeah on the release bios of my x570 tuf board, I was consistently hitting the 4.4ghz clocks on most cores, now on the "newest" bios it doesnt.

AMD shills just don't pack the same punch as they used to. With Ryzen 1 and 2 all they had to do was bring up price to performance and they'd pretty much win every argument. Now they're like "dude wait for black friday" or whatever. It's just sad.

It will boost to that on few cores. For example my 2700x will boost to 4350 cooled with a NH-D15 on its fastest cores for quick tasks, but anything that it can use more cores for it will stay about 4.1ghz. Intense games that use all cores between 4 and 4.1

>hit or miss compatibility with 450/470 motherboards
>expensive x570 motherboards with shitty fans
>high idle voltages and temperatures
>can't reach advertised speeds either
>AMD's official fix gimped their own processors to try to fix the temperature issue
>didn't really work
What a train wreck

I'm surprised they haven't switched to performance per watt, I've been slinging that since the ryzen titty slapped Broadwell-E for less money and power usage then, and Intel is still using the same 14nm.

They're very creative, I have to give them that. Recently they started shilling "performance per GHz" to try and make the Zen 2 not look like the complete piece of shit that it is.

>Linus makes an expensive gaming build
>9900k is much cheaper than the 3900X
>they're using the same Asus ROG motherboard, the X570 one is $100 more expensive
(lol

>performance per GHz
Kek

>9900k is much cheaper than the 3900X
I fuckin hope so with those 4 less cores while still using more energy.
The 9900K should be selling at FX-8350 prices to even be a viable option, and it's still $484 on Newegg, it's ridiculous.

What a sad attempt.

A year ago all you had to do was type PRICE PERFORMANCE DOESN'T MATTER in green text and that would have ended the argument. Look at you now, rambling on and on about cores and energy and whatever the fuck.

>rambling on and on about cores and energy and whatever the fuck
Hell yeah man, performance per watt is what made the Core 2 Duo and Sandy Bridge so damn good, yea the FX-8350 gave good price to performance, but it was getting destroyed by chips that used less power and the ipc of it was barely even competing with 65nm conroe.

AMD was a few CPU gens behind Intel and the shoe is on the other foot. Ryzen is a Core 2 Duo moment.

This is so sad to watch. You lost your main selling point so now you're forced to type all this bullshit.

k is much cheaper than the 3900X
what, 10 bucks?

Well the price of ryzen wasn't a selling point to me, I see a processor competing with or outperforming a chip that uses more power, I'm gonna want it.

Like I said bro. Sad to watch.

What is with this bullshit marketing tactic, pretending to be some critic authority? No one is going to buy your shitty CPUs.

Imagine how easy this argument would be if you could just bring up price to performance. You wouldn't have to mass quote or give me a history lesson on AMD or tell me some gay story about you and your PC enthusiast habits. You could just spam the "doesn't matter" pasta and go on about your life.

Well that's just your opinion user, but the fact of the matter is, AMD is making Ryzen 3600 chips that use less than half the energy of the 9900K, and they're also cheaper while matching the multi core performance

It's over user, weather you want to accept it or not.

>What is with this bullshit marketing tactic
I'm just stating what's going on, if this were a few years ago i'd be suggesting someone build a 4C8T i7 machine because it made sense then, you had 95w Intel chips destroying the 220w highest end AMD 9590.

>all these people not realizing AMD doesnt have to shill anymore
it's called winning, you dont need to fight after you have won.

>Jew commits strawman
What a surprise

Attached: 1432972709954.jpg (484x429, 19K)

>You wouldn't have to mass quote or give me a history lesson on AMD or tell me some gay story about you and your PC enthusiast habits.
That was my first post in this thread so those were other people. Looks like you still have more convincing to do in order to meet that sell quota.

Imagine if you could spam that pasta again. How easy this whole thing would be.

are you retarded or blind?
SGD

>again
I know which pasta you mean but I've never posted it personally. Not that it would be anything but true still, Intel has fixed nothing except prices.

Shilling used to be really fucking simple during Ryzen 1 and 2. You bought an AMD and it was cheaper than Intel. That was it.

How do you shill now?

>How do you shill now?
>R5 3600 is 65w 9900K for less money
>$500 12 core when Intel would never give you that on the mainstream socket
That's just the tip of the iceberg user, things are not good at Intel, yet we're only gonna see more 14nm stuff in 2020.

>You bought an AMD and it was cheaper than Intel.
what are u on about even?
are you comparing the 3900x to the (recently discounted) 9900k, IN GAMING, and strawmanning AMD is more expensive?

See what I'm saying? Before, you could just spam "price performance doesn't matter" in greentext, but now you don't even know what to say.

what's ur deal user

like what are you even mad about

>Before, you could just spam "price performance doesn't matter" in greentext
this doesn't make sense either, since that's what intcels were saying

Attached: 1498400450997.jpg (460x322, 29K)

Let's say we were to make an ad for Youtube and it had to be 5 seconds long max.

With Ryzen 1 and 2, you could make the ad say “Ryzen, twice the cores for the same price” It would fit in a 5 second ad. Effective, straight to the point. It would get people's attention fast.

What's your five second ad for Zen 2 going to say?

>single digit fps difference at 1080p
>well behind

Is that what the ad will say? "Ryzen, only single digit fps difference at 1080p"

is that what the intel ad will say? "intel, single digit fps improvements for only 2x the cost"

Taking this crappy-tier bait.

Zen2 reached all its goals and puts the entire Intel line-up in a very bad light especially the meme-tier 9900K.

The only people who are ass-pained are those expecting 5Ghz off the bat which is pretty damn unrealistic on a new architecture and fab node.

Intel is reliving the P4 Prescott/Cedar Mill days. Their desktop and HEDT platforms are power hungry and fall behind where it actually matters (not mainstream/gayming shit). Intel has no real answer until 2021/2022. Ice Lake is going to be laptop/ultra-portable only.

Gayming ceased to be an useful metric and goalpost for CPU performance over a decade ago. The GPU has always been a much larger influence. The genres where CPU-performance is still king are pretty much dead/niche-tier.

incel BTFO

I only wish Intel finally does something like they haven't done since Sandy Bridge and deliver a really good uarch. AMD is basically just catching up, but we have been stalled since ages. CPUs have barely improved on IPC and single core department, which is still pretty much relevant and will continue to do so.

With Zen 1, all you had to do was type "price to performance" and you would have won the argument.

Now you have to type all this bullshit and you still lose.

cinebench and 7zip are the only things to actually matter

I care a lot about handbrake too. Dunno if it scales well with many cores/threads... That's my stop right now until I find a benchmark between 3600 and the other with higher core counts.

>/v/tard manchild detected

The computing world is much larger than silly gay,ing shit.

Zen2 has utterly disrupted Intel's HEDT line-up in addition to the normal desktop stuff. Threadripper 3 is going to be pure rape-tier for the HEDT market.

Zen family is the reason that mainstream market has moved beyond quad-cores being the norm. Threadripper is the reason the HEDT moved far beyond eight-cores.

Intel got fat and lazy. They gambled too much on their 10nm process going through without a hitch. They are paying the price for it. Don't expect a real response (not factory overclocked respins) towards Zen until 2021.

>The absolute state of intlel shills

Attached: 1563946271699.gif (280x211, 1.92M)

When Intel strikes back they strike big.

They'll make sure to sink AMD like they did with IBM, VIA, Motorola and Cyrix.

Whatever. I'm only here to get the best possible product. These fanboy discussions are annoying.

No 300$ 12 core and no 500$ 16 core. People wanted double the coars and muh 5Ghz, all they got was Zen+ with broken PBO.

This, people need to realize that ryzen benefits us all, there wouldn't even have been a 9900K or even an 8700K for another 2-3 years until felt like they should cost less than a thousand and be non HEDT.

CPUs be gettin good desu

/thread

No way any of these Zen is shit posters are actual Jow Forums users. Paid fucking shills or shill bots.

Eat shit cunts, Intel got nothing and will have nothing close to Zen 2.
AMD is going to take the server market soon and then what?
The big money bread and butter is all in the large scale servers for big companies and the Feds. AMD is leading now in performance/per watt as well as in multithreaded performance which really matters.
Billions of $ are going to be flowing to AMD.

Attached: 1564774380114.jpg (500x375, 24K)

>Once again unable to even get close to Intel's clock speeds (not even able to hit its stated boost clocks in fact), and still well behind in gaming.
Trust me, Intel had billions of $ to optimize their architectures in order to mitigate and minimize electron quantum tunneling effects, temperature issues and circuit lay out to maximize clocks speeds while staying within voltage and power consumption spec.

Once AMD has more and more $$$, more $ will be spend to polish out future chips in terms of clock speeds and power consumption.

Every fucking single one of these AMDrones is a paid investor in disguise. They hype up AMD big time close to launch and then they shill against AMD after. Look at every single thread being AMD related over the course of a year. It is the same shit. That insect of a CEO gives them a free blowjob every month to spike her market cap. It's all a fad. Do not buy into this mindless shilling of a ponzi scheme. The same goes for Intel btw.

Attached: 1564242943099.jpg (1503x2048, 133K)

Give your example of something in the desktop/HEDT world beyond gayming shit then. I'm sure it'll be some other form of degenerate and shallow escapist entertainment like noise making, colorful (moving) pictures making, etc because that along with sex and drugs is all this anti-intellectual society seems capable of and consequently what these products are marketed towards doing.

>replying to op
>no new ip
yeah, the amd people are shills

>amd people

Attached: 1559303951626.jpg (644x800, 123K)

>paid investor in disguise
No wonder they're working overtime.

Attached: JUST.png (623x525, 39K)

I had buyer's remorse getting the 3700X with an X570 for the past few weeks but after a feel BIOS updates I feel good about it now.
Farewell i7 4790k, I never bothered to delid you to fix your shit temps.

Don't look at the 9900F prices if you're suicidal.

so this is the best intel could hire

muhgaems

Why would anyone in the 3700X/9700K market look at the 3900X or 9900F?

Also, nobody bought the 9900F and it's 227 AUD more expensive than the 3700X

>9900F
Never heard of it.