$ sudo apt install calibre

>$ sudo apt install calibre
>the following 172 packages will be installed:

Attached: frogposting.jpg (399x322, 25K)

makepkg -sirc faggot

>>$ sudo
use # like a good goy

>not using >

Take out shit with your USE flags nigger

literally who the fuck cares? are you all using 10gb hdds?

Calibre is bloat anyway, because it wants to do all this "library management" garbage. It wants to organize everything for you in its own retarded way, as if you didn't have a filesystem to do that job. Fuck that noise, you know the most an ebook reader should do? Display an ebook when I double-click on it. That's it.

>apt
>sudo
sorry pepe, but you don't have the right to complain about anything related to gnu+linux.

This.
Is there a simple reader which shows my books from directory and displays them when I select a book?
O don't need anything else, Calibre has too many functionality

Based

I use it to convert books to mobi, the tool works well and I dont have to use it much basically ever. Does its job and is stable. If you dumb idiots think its so awful make one that isn't shit.

>not using arch

arch is bloat

Not that one you replied to, but all I care is this: I don't need to convert or edit metadata or whatever.
Just show books and open when I click on it + some obviously useful functionality like bookmarks, notes, keybinds (pretty much what most pdf viewers has)

arch is for retard Jow Forums posters to pretend they are computer whizz kids

just use fbreader

Calibre

in that case you could probably just get away with just using zathura.I use calibre because it let's me see my library at a glance (and I get the covers and the nice toolset it comes with). I gotta admit that calibre looks and performs like shit, but for me its just works. There is probably some better tool out there that is quick. But honestly the time I would take properly configuring and learning that tool I could just be reading more books.

You realize you're supposed to use Calibre to sync stuff to your physical ebook reader right? That's it's main use... The ebook reader is there so you can check the book out to see if there are any problems before you sync to an actual ebook reader.

Attached: 1564374172759.jpg (1024x862, 96K)

Get a bloat of this guy

>special software to sync to an ebook reader
Yeah, like I said, bloat. the simple and sane way to do this would be for the ebook reader to present itself as a USB mass-storage device (a flash drive) and you just copy files onto it with the file manager you already use for managing all your other files.

I don't know how many, if any, ebook readers do it this way. I have a music player that does it like that though, albeit a fairly old one.

you are clever. whats ur setup like

Use zathura instead.