>doesn't get to post, stuck in startup, nothing on the monitor
>assume its the motherboard or PSU which I've been meaning to replace anyway
>try out new motherboard, still doesn't post
>system fans aren't working so I assume it might be a PSU or GPU issue
>Take out GPU and SSD can now get into bios, system fans start running
>put in different working GPU, still fucked
>must be power supply
>buy and install brand new 650w PSU
>can't get into BIOS, system fans dont work even without GPU or SSD, computer now tries to boot for like a minute and then just switches off
what the actual fuck guys, what is going on? am I just cursed by the computer gods?

Attached: why has god forsaken me.jpg (747x731, 60K)

Did you disconnect everything else? Including all drives and expansion cards? Did you try different ram? I've seen bad optical drives prevent a system from booting.

Could also be the case. Bad power and reset switches can fuck with a computer startup as well. Could be reset looping or some fuckery like that.

Had shit like this happen before, whole system is working fine one day and next day just refuses to boot no matter what. Then a day later, everything works again for a year without issue. Ended up selling the whole system so no idea what happened to it.

Old PSU probably killed the new components.

yea everythings out, its a skeleton rig atm. Only things that are getting power and connected to the motherboard are a stick of ram, two system fans, the CPU and CPU cooler obviously and the power/ reset switch pins. Thats it

oh fuck nvm I finally got into BIOS, motherboard isn't fried it just took a bit

Dying/dead drives sometimes causes the BIOS to lock up for several minutes while trying to detect the drive.

I've had motherboards do that. It's usually the chipset that gets a little schizophrenic and takes a half dozen resets. Glad it's not totally fucked.

so I tried with both hard drive and SSD in and it got to BIOS as well, but then I plugged by GPU in and it's just stuck with the GPU fans going at jet engine speed and the system fans not working which is really weird because this is a brand new PSU

>boot sequence freezes for 30 minutes before finally starting if I left my computer to sleep for too long
what the shit

How many amps does the 12v rail provide on the psu?

I'm not too experienced with PCs but its a Smart BX1 650W 230V and on the physical PSU it says the imput current is 10A max which is what I think you're talking about?

Ok, I looked it up. You have 48 amps on +12v which is more than enough. Could be your case, like I mentioned

If your ram is bad, everything you're testing could be for naught too.

damn that's annoying, but hey it could be worse like my CPU for example. Thanks for the help

It's rare that cpus go bad, but it is a possibility that shouldn't be ignored either. Good luck with it all. I know how frustrating it can be. I had one system act crazy a while back because one expansion card was lifting out of the socket when other cards were installed. Real obvious but overlooked failure point. There are so many things that can go wrong with computers. It's crazy.

>try out new motherboard, still doesn't post
You changed the motherboard???

my bet is a faulty gpu that fried your new motherboard. I had the same symptoms with an old mobo i had that had its vrm fucked on an overload i had

>brand new PSU
Don't introduce to many additions as this complicates troubleshooting. Keep everything exactly as you originally had it, then change only one element at a time.
I was going to say the RAM seems unseated, but you replaced the whole mainboard. Make sure everything is securely plugged in.

take out hard drives. unironically corrupted data can stop post

efi, mbr corruptions in this case