Is there anything that can stop the coming quantum God?

Attached: 1545378249476.png (664x1078, 878K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/IrbJYsep45E
youtu.be/lvTqbM5Dq4Q
medium.com/predict/bitcoin-and-quantum-computing-b6f048db01eb
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

me

Yea pulling the plug

NONE OF THIS WILL END WELL
NONE. OF. THIS. WILL. END. WELL.

FOR ANY OF US
FOR. ANY. OF. US.

quantum is a meme

A quantum computer will be the end of humanity.

Any recommended videos that ELI5 how these work? I know what quantum entanglement is (sort of) but I fail to see how that relates to computing.

>quantum entanglement
more like quantum superposition of qubits to be in some state with high enough probability

Attached: 1564492488008.jpg (1280x836, 222K)

That is a beautiful piece of engineering.

In short, it's math
youtu.be/IrbJYsep45E

Also nice video
youtu.be/lvTqbM5Dq4Q

>he doesn't know the quantum God can tap into zero point energy
yikes

reality.

Turning off its coolant

medium.com/predict/bitcoin-and-quantum-computing-b6f048db01eb
sorry cucks

IBM's looks more elegant, and apparently works better.

Who the fuck cares.
Quantum computers are amazing.
The idea of exploiting our universe's weirdest shit we don't even understand makes me hard.

I use it right now. Google is far behind

Attached: quantum.png (685x396, 50K)

Quantum computers are a meme pretty much,and this is coming from someone that has a passion in astrophysics. What will sooner be a issue is when an AI has unregulated access to all the information about humans, and is allowed to make choices automatically for us, based on what we are allowed to see on the net, allowed to search, and allowed to download. Projects like Finfisher combined with alphabet agencies are a far more danger to us, than just a machine that can do a few algs really, really fast. (that's all quantum computers do, at the moment.

i still don't get it, it's like everything I read says 'we've got tons of qubits haaha'
but so what, you have a register. that isn't a computer
basically they have so far achieved a quantum dip switch and are predicting some computing armaggedon.

i wonder how long it'll take us to figure out how to apply entanglement to networking and completely eliminate ping times

A computer is just a mathematical model.
You can make one using anything.
The quantum computer meme requires quantum states. The qubits provide them. It's the key.
The problem is that it's hard to maintain quantum states. Like super hard. We don't even sure that it's possible to build a large scale quantum computer with lots of qubits. But if it's possible, oh boy. A quantum computer's performance scales exponentially! It's so bizarre I almost feel the universe shouldn't allow it.

Attached: a_bunch_of_rocks.png (675x1603, 199K)

>t. utter retard

what does your mathematical model of a simple register inform you about the point i was trying to make

Craig is a shot piece of human, notorious lier and sociopath.
But okay, he's right in that medium article.

It's all about the qubits. It's not a problem to build a computer around them.

>and this is coming from someone that has a passion in astrophysics
Why does that qualify your opinion.

Quantum computers will be relevant once (and possibly never) you can get enough qubits to actually do something useful with it.

>than just a machine that can do a few algs really, really fast. (that's all quantum computers do, at the moment.
This is the most retarded thing I have heard today.
Of course a quantum computer does algorithms really really fast, but that is the point of ANY computer.
In fact it's the only thing that matters about a computer, saying "oh this computer is irrelevant, except it just solves problems extremely fast" is brain dead levels retarded.

these trips should do it.

You mean Google?
Yes,its a scary world when a tech conglomerate will have technology advanced enough to be considered an omnipotent supernatural entity.

no, you're wrong and stupid.

Explain.

you wouldn't understand. Idiot

>quantum computers
dont exist, next

>dont exist
???

I said explain.

no

>not using Google Ultron

Building a really big robot to beat it up

Only NASA can use this one, user

yes, a hammer

Good Luck running Crysis on that.

based down syndrome poster

I might actually be the only person in this thread who knows about a single quantum algorithm and can mathematically explain why it works, but okay.

I don't get this comic. Sure, he could write the instructions for any kind of program in binary using rock/no-rock as 1s and 0s, but it's not like he could ever run that program.

butlerian jihad

him placing the rocks is running the program

not him but that is not how it works. To execute a program you need memory and somehow be able to change the state of something, which isn't happening here

my dick

hi places the next and next iterations of the state of the program and the memory

Excuse me coming through.

Attached: file.png (744x447, 574K)

solar flare

the rocks are the memory, the pattern is math and code
he places the next step as new rocks instead of editing the old rocks

>build quantum computer
>years of hard work
>almost impossible
>cool
>awesome
>"we da bess"
>can't program it

idiots i swear

>muh climate change

>first real powerful quantum computer will be used by the government to crack encryption
>no way around it
What a future we look forward to.

Attached: 1528599950280.png (250x250, 92K)

Just double your key length.

>government breaks into my encrypted files
>its all wojacks from 2013

>being this much of a brainlet

What's with the shape of quantum computers? Are jellyfish quantum beings?

>I don't get this comic.
If only there was a website dedicated to explain every xkcd comic...

Thanks for posting this, user. I hadn't seen that one yet. It's really great.

???
You know that is ACTUALLY how it work, right?
If you have a quantum computer which can just barely solve discrete logs for your key length, simply doubling the key length will make it useless.

Now I'm not a rocket cryptorologist, but how does the computing power matter, if I'm just gonna put cooldown after each failed input attempt, and then eventually force you to solve hydrant reCatpcha, which no computing can do properly.

just because quantum in it's name, doesn't mean it's godlike, stop falling for the pop science meme
This

Absolutely steampunk.

That is missing the point.
Log ins are a special case, where you do not authenticate anything yourself but still.

How it works is basically, Google doesn't store your password, they store an "encrypted" version of your password and there is a mathematical formula which will take the password you type in and turn it into the "encrypted" password which is then compared to the encrypted version.
Computing the encrypted version is relatively easy, but going from the encrypted to your password is extremely hard for a normal computer, thus obtaining the encrypted passwords gives you very little.

But a quantum computer can store problems which are usually hard to solve relatively easy, so going from the encrypted version to the password might be possible.

But that isn't really the point, it is mostly about public key communication where the problem you have to solve to get the key is openly available (as both parties need to know about it), thus if you could solve discrete logs (which also allows you to solve Elliptic curve logs) you can basically read all communication on this planet if you can just intercept the data.

>it is mostly about public key communication where the problem you have to solve to get the key is openly available (as both parties need to know about it
So does zero knowledge proof?

>So does zero knowledge proof?
It is somewhat related, yes. But the goals are different, here you actually communicate the information, just encrypted.

its natural to be jealous of people who understand things you don't, user

>Is there anything that can stop the coming quantum God?
enterprise viability

we are doomed

Would be pretty based if the NSA spent months decrypting a suspected terrorist hard drive with their fancy new quantum computer, only to find a rare pepe.

>But that isn't really the point, it is mostly about public key communication where the problem you have to solve to get the key is openly available (as both parties need to know about it), thus if you could solve discrete logs (which also allows you to solve Elliptic curve logs) you can basically read all communication on this planet if you can just intercept the data.

I've been telling people for years now to keep their public keys hidden. Air gap all personal servers at home and never let the internet see or know about them. It's just as dangerous in the world we're heading towards.