Blocks you're cs path

>blocks you're cs path

Attached: 1293682542867.png (2880x1920, 2.23M)

Other urls found in this thread:

xkcd.com/977/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I am cs path

Do Americans really not learn this in secondary school?

>tfw math is my favourite part so i transfered to math/cs degree

Attached: nice.png (757x519, 362K)

diffy q?

>you're cs path
Well somethings got to block yours and it's obvious that writing didn't do the trick. Also vector calc was the easiest math class I've ever taken since starting highschool and intro physics should be braindead easy to anyone who deserves a CS degree.

>blocks you're cs path

Attached: first order logic.jpg (892x486, 103K)

>blocks you're cs path

Attached: Arithmetic-105.png (888x567, 28K)

People wait till college to do that? That is high school material

this is too much
brb switching to gender studies

>be guy from my first logic class
>tasked to figure out simple algorithm to visit corners of a square

>move forward
>move forward
>move forward
>move forward
>move forward
>move forward
>turn right
>move forward
>move forward
> etc...

>be elated that he could figure it out so easily

Welcome to some of the people with CS degrees, my friends.

These are not even hard math, it just requires bit of practice.

>be CS student
>done calculus
>done discrete math
>done automata theory
>done data structures
>done compilers
All of these were treated like it was the boss of that level.
But yeah - I saw a LOT of people that drop out of CS and switch to IT because they can't cut it.
I knew a girl that failed calc 2 three times in a row so the math department wouldn't let her take it again so she switched to IT.

All I have left is dumb gen eds that I ignored until now so my last semester has no computing courses and it's just stats, astronomy, and some ethics class.

>blocks you're cs path

Attached: sxB64.png (650x352, 19K)

>failed 2 times and they didnt let her try again
even though she is probably a retard , that doesnt seem reasonable at all unless she tried cheating or something - why would a institution designed to suck out as much money out of people as possible decline free money
>imagine doing a degree for 1-2+ years just for someone telling you to down grade because you failed a single unit
i've never had failed a required unit but i know the feeling of failing a math course especially when you only failed the exam part of the course

Attached: 1564413824619.jpg (1080x2128, 213K)

Fuck off. Eurocucks don't learn integrals on secondary either.
T. Eurocuck

Messes up their stats of students graduating within 4 years, as well as a bunch of other things predicated on having roughly the same number of students every year

My math friend got me to do this stuff. It was actually quite fun.

CS majors don't need Calc 3/Vector Calc. Besides, Calc 3 was easier than Calc 2.

I learned the basic first order logic sets in a single week in Sixth grade. It's the simplest shit in the world.

I took Calc 2 in high school. I'm sure Europe has their AP equivalent.

>euros get told that a box of numbers is called a "may tree see" and how to multiply them for the sole purpose of dabbing on americans
based.

learned this in minecraft when i was 11
proofs are gay btw.

>Tfw reading the layer normalization paper
>"Meh, that's alright, I can program this up"
>Continue reading further
>now it's all about muh Riemannian geometry and measure on manifolds and stuff
Man, wtf.

>what is overloading
she could just take 5+ units and still graduate in 4 years

we dont have stuff like this in AUS where they kick you out for just failing a unit

she failed 3 times.
Which, let's be honest, if you can't pass a class after 3 tries then I doubt a 4th will help.

The law requires that the school charge double tuition from the 3rd try on, so it raises the "average tuition" which hurts the school's ranking.

Wait, her program can't kick out after failing a course for the 2nd time?

Why try to memorize all this shit. I can easily derive all that starting from set theory.

Zat feelio when you're too lazy to be good at math.

Attached: 1470459159207.png (393x376, 99K)

Can somebody use this meme right?
Reddit's favourite thing right now is just to slap this onto a random funny image.

You don't put it on a picture of someone looking sad. You put it on a picture of someone looking happy that now has their life fucked up.

I have a masters in CS. It's not that bad.

That’s a lie.

>won't let her try again
>ranking bullshit
I forgot how terrible these schools are.

It's actually a lot of fun when taught properly

chads only use discrete math
symbolic math is tool created by the chosen people to enslave goys

I agree but behind the facade is a terrible culture.

>not getting by with Cs then getting a job because of nepotism
do you even real world bro?

>having a real transcript
Your parents didn't love you.

Theoretical computer science is a branch of mathematics just like algebra or geometry.

If you see any of that as "blocking your path" then you should major in something else. Maybe go to a coding boot-camp if all you wanna be is a well paid code-monkey.

I was a Math TA a few years ago. My God, the number of brainlet CS students I encountered - no wonder so many of them complain about not being able to land a job. They are literally inferior.

>i've never had failed a required unit but i know the feeling of failing a math course especially when you only failed the exam part of the course
I mean, what else can you fail in a math class?
You'll never use advanced college level math in your job, which means math classes are literally just an IQ test to see if you can deal with abstract and complex concepts and arrive at the solution. If you fail the tests that means you don't get it, there's no such thing as "I get the concepts but I'm bad at calculations blah blah" no, you don't get it and everyone is better off without brainlets graduating in CS.

nice infographic

Attached: 1564806584870.jpg (586x536, 118K)

Your special needs institution doesn't count.

I finally learned everything in the OP and when/how to apply it. Too bad my uni still won't let me retake that one CS class.

literal Hitler, i know a kid who failed a unit 2 times and got it on his third (he has maintained an average of 80% WAM/GPA somehow and still has his scholarship ) he is kinda retarded in the subject but he's doing electrical engineering so he has allot on his plate

ok, reddit

you are categorically wrong, you can 'get' the abstract of a topic but fail to implement or solve it algebraically for example (that was a reason for me to fail for example when i knew everything about the theory but failed in my algebra in my first semester)

I do math because i like it, and its fun way of furthering my knowledge of this world - for example it helps directly in my CS theory courses and in my personal philosophy studies - its just a great fit for me based on what i enjoy and might not ever pursue as a straight forward job

>going to college

$40/hr full time remote web ""dev""" bruh
>rent is only $400
life's good

you realise rankings have more then just 1 criteria, they also have graduate employ-ability based on the course and their annual salary upon graduation - meaning if they transferred her to IT she is making less and could be less likely to get a job

thats already a 2 reasons vs 1 why the university should keep her, aswell as the obvious monitory gain from her tuition

>you are categorically wrong, you can 'get' the abstract of a topic but fail to implement or solve it algebraically for example (that was a reason for me to fail for example when i knew everything about the theory but failed in my algebra in my first semester)

Attached: 11df4e.jpg (505x567, 37K)

Anyone else wished they could go back to year one and do lectures all over with the knowledge they have now? I was struggling a lot with EM and most of the mathematics lectures, and I feel I'd probably enjoy them way more now since I have a feel for what the ultimate goal is. The fuck do I need to solve Eigenproblems for? Ah yeah, that's why.

Just read a good book and catch some good video lectures. You don't need a structured learning environment if you understand why you're doing it.

They could just do a better job at explaining what you need it for aka trying it into reality. Would have to be in another class though.

.Vector Calculus
>blocks you're cs path
because vir/g/ins cant put tip to tail
heeeyo

Attached: 1563568601949.jpg (550x393, 42K)

>tfw most people on Jow Forums don't have a solid foundation even in algebra
>tfw you realize most people don't really understand math beyond memorizing and repeating operations for their test
>tfw you realize people have such a lack of math understanding that they can't even express algebraic area of shapes in terms of geometry

Attached: sad_igor.jpg (400x400, 137K)

>They could just do a better job at explaining what you need it for aka trying it into reality.
I kinda doubt it. I sat down with a student a few weeks ago, trying to explain a concept to him that was so mundane and trivial to me .. I did a poor job. I didn't even think about how to explain it because it's what I've been doing for the last 10 fucking years - I was pretty much fully detached to what a newcomer might consider conceptually difficult.

user...

What retard school were you in?

>that doesnt seem reasonable
Here you get 3 tries and then a fourth oral exam, after that you have to get out.
Uni here is also basically free.

>why would a institution designed to suck out as much money out of people as possible
To keep prestige up. She obviously doesn't have the abilities to succeed at a very basic course, so why should further time be wasted upon her?
If everyone can get a degree with enough money that devalues that degree significantly.

German here. I literally learned all of that and I didn't even study CS but IS
Lol what?

passed it, so nope

holy shit am i fucked? I passed calc 1 this year, and it wasn't too hard.

This shit is basic, you'll learn it in no time.

>blocks you're's cs path

Attached: deded.jpg (1080x1326, 374K)

Where can I use this in CS outside of CG or AI?

robotics, simulation, hw-sw codesign, data "science", cryptography

math topics would be a lot easier if mathfags weren't fart-huffing faggots with a predilection for dyslexia-inducing fonts and foreign alphabets

switch everything to latin letters in regular sans-serif and suddenly everything is much better

Im euro and learned all of this when I was 16.

>Where can I use this in CS outside of CG or AI?
Do you ever plan on working in any industry which isn't just basic GUI and app programming which every every pajeet can do?

You are the "Goode Homolosine " on
xkcd.com/977/

none of this is bad although I've never seen half of those identities on the right

All of these symbols are usually informally associated with a certain object.
Using multiple Alphabets makes understanding significantly simpler.

If you see an alpha you know with a very high probability that it is a real number, if you see an upper case |R it almost certainly denotes the real numbers and so on.

All of this makes mathematics significantly easier to read.

>blocks you're cs path

Attached: cs.png (554x272, 6K)

I got a math scholarship and then did CS. Checkmate boyo.

oh no, I'm path is blocked.
hwat do?

Based, redpilled

why, it is easy and really boring

kek

>blocks you're cs path

Attached: 2019-08-03T14:31:16+03:00.png (941x566, 79K)