Year 2019 of our lord

>year 2019 of our lord

Attached: 1549024972754.jpg (1000x1000, 451K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3471-fractal-define-s2-vision-rgb-case-review
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Pretty nice case if the fans were a solid white light or light blue

They just advertise it like that so normies can know its capable of showing any color.

RGB is disgusting.

Hijacking this gay thread:

I have a new case, but with a shitty motherboard. It doesn't have enough fan connectors on the board.
It has 2 sys fan and 1 ext fan.

My case has 3 fans and 1 fan on processor.

Would getting something like this be advised? Any experience? There are $18 ones on amazon, but a couple up to $40.

Attached: 61nkY1O-HSL._SL1200_.jpg (1200x1200, 107K)

Blackout sleepers report in fuck leds fuck rgb

Attached: IMG20190803163936-01.jpg (2548x3486, 699K)

Get a fan splitter their like 5 bucks for a 1-4 and pvm control
It's just tacky

You could just get a splitter for the case fans as long as you're okay with having them set to the same speed

That's what a chad pc is supposed to look like.

This actually sounds reasonable. I assume there would be no power issues considering 2 comments.

I used a deep cool one stay away from the chink unbranded ones

>I am forgotten

Attached: 11-129-021-49.jpg (640x480, 33K)

This was better

Attached: haf.jpg (1024x1074, 129K)

I'm using a HAF 912 and I'm gonna move on to the Corsair 680X
it's just natural progression.

my nigga

>Get a fan splitter their like 5 bucks for a 1-4 and pvm control
Do they provide enough voltage(?) to power 6 fans from a single 4-pin socket?
I thought about getting picrel.

I have no RGB in my system and simply want all the case fans to have the same speed, depending on the thermals reported by the mobo.

Attached: 2019-08-03-10:57:18-screenshot.png (989x627, 146K)

Which manufacturer I should go to if I wish to have case full of synced up unicorn vomit? Is there any big differences between Asus Aura and MSI Mystic light?

Step aside for the CHAD GAMER BATTLE TANK of 2008

Attached: stock.jpg (500x500, 35K)

As long as you're running a modern (2011+) motherboard and fans that aren't 4000RPM leafblowers you'll be fine. Modern fan headers have enough electrical headroom to run four fans off a single connection.

>I have no RGB in my system and simply want all the case fans to have the same speed
Are they all the exact same type of fan? If yes, then a simple splitter connected to your motherboard will do. Control them through the BIOS or software, it's up to you.
If they're different fans it's practically impossible.

I got a motherboard that supports all kinds of RGB shit, loaded it with gray Noctua fans.

Corsair will do, they have the best RGB fans (LL120/140 series), their own fan hubs, RGB strips, software, everything. Look at the 680X, it's the only case I love in 2019 because it's aesthetic, small-ish and goes overboard with the tempered glass meme.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 198K)

>Are they all the exact same type of fan? If yes, then a simple splitter connected to your motherboard will do. Control them through the BIOS or software, it's up to you.
Thanks.
They are all the same 120mm Noctua.
Could you recommend a splitter, or are they all the same?

Attached: 2019-08-03-11:47:45-screenshot.png (419x181, 33K)

With the end of optical drives and previously big rotating hard drives moving onto the mainboard in M2 format there's no reason to maintain the old ATX standard.

Agreed but fuck leds and overtly aggressive styling

>No 5.25'' bays
>LGBT-lighting
Into the trash it goes.

>rgb shit everywhere
And now they came for our computer cases. Back in my day having this much rgbshit everywhere would get your ass laughed at. Seriously, what is the allure of having this much multi-colored glow in your pc box?

Honestly there's a case similar to that I'm probably going to buy for my next build. Not because I actually like all the retarded RGB LEET GAMER crap, but because it's a case that has features I want and includes four fans for a really good price. AFAIK you can always turn the RGB shit off.

Well at least it performs just like the R6 and gave the R6 a price drop.

it's over boomers

Attached: capture.png (389x181, 12K)

I at least wish companies would still include at least a single 5.25" bay, just in case. Even if it's in an awkward tucked-away location or overlaps with the 3.5" bays to reduce space, or something.
I get that most people find disc media obsolete, but I like having one in my PC because I have a lot of old consoles like saturn, playstation, sega CD, dreamcast, etc and like burning discs for them.

worst trend to ever happen to computers.

>PC with lights in it
End it soon.

Attached: incrudibleAnger.jpg (250x185, 5K)

>I have a lot of old consoles like saturn, playstation, sega CD, dreamcast, etc and like burning discs for them.
Found the Intel CPU owner.
You can emulate all of them and run the games better than natively.
Not to mention proper control schemes with Steam Controller.

Also, I'm glad that there are cases with no 3.5" bays or 5.25". Better airflow and to unnecessary space wasted.

And you can always buy an external drive.

Attached: th.jpg (465x620, 36K)

Nah, it's lack of 5.25'' bays.
Out of all zoomer trends fuck this one in particular.

I like playing on the real systems. I'm not going to emulate when I have the consoles myself.

Mate gave me a nzxt matx and God I found the front air intake annoying it blocks so much airflow

> I at least wish companies would still include at least a single 5.25" bay, just in case.
True. Well yeah, most people find disc media obsolete, it is still the best way to install your OS - it just werks.
And even so, I have more than a hundred discs, so I'd like to have access for them.
>hurr durr buy external drive
Why the fuck should I waste my desk space and a USB port when I have 6 idling SATA ports?

Also there is plenty of hardware that needs a 5.25'' bay that is not a CD/DVD/BD-drive. Tape drives are the first thing that comes to mind.

Attached: 1564816616846-face.jpg (219x289, 35K)

Attached: 3CF83594-8DAD-4E8F-AFC1-8EFBDA14F02A.jpg (4721x3808, 1.81M)

Yeah, that's pretty shitty as well. I get that discs are "obsolete" but there are still plenty of times it's useful to have a drive, and DVD drives are so fucking common from omnipresence over the years that there's basically no excuse not to just have one in your case that you got for 100% free anyway.

>I like playing on the real systems. I'm not going to emulate when I have the consoles myself.
Having a shittier experience is your choice.
I don't understand it, though.

>Why the fuck should I waste my desk space and a USB port when I have 6 idling SATA ports?
So, you don't have a single idling USB port, I presume?
Also, you can go full retard and place it on the PC case to emulate the shit you had in the 90's.

ok

I like my white chasis/glass side panel case

>you can go full retard and place it on the PC case to emulate the shit you had in the 90's
I can, but why should I? It would obstruct the airflow from the top.
Just give me my hole in the case, dammit. Or, better, yet, give me an OPTION to punch a hole in the case in order to add some hardware. Having no option to upgrade because of design aesthetics is retarded.

I'm still using that case up to this very day. A little pain in the ass to work into but nothing beats the airflow.

this is unironically one of the best cases for airflow especially out of the box due to 3x 140mm front fans and the glass front is not that bad due to wide side vents but the meshify s2 kitted out the same is prolly better

better

>I can, but why should I? It would obstruct the airflow from the top.
And 5.25" slot in front would do the same with the airflow from the front.
>Just give me my hole in the case, dammit. Or, better, yet, give me an OPTION to punch a hole in the case in order to add some hardware.
You literally have this option for any case in the world.
>Having no option to upgrade because of design aesthetics is retarded.
Buying an external drive is functionally the same. You are just a stubborn old man.

corsair light loops actually suck, you can tell where the leds are because of the dark zones around the rim of the fan. It's really noticeable and kills all lighting modes apart from, ironically, rainbow

Attached: 1563840463294.gif (112x112, 48K)

Get out normans.

Attached: rosewill.png (525x715, 414K)

>not having a black tj07
lyl

Attached: guts_full.jpg (899x900, 198K)

>And 5.25" slot in front would do the same with the airflow from the front.
Now you're just baiting.
> You literally have this option for any case in the world.
With power tools maybe.
>Buying an external drive is functionally the same.
Except it doesn't take my desk space. This is a good enough reason for me to go for it.
>You are just a stubborn old man.
Fuck off zoomer.
Based.

I bet you use a black and white screen then?

I thought rgb would be neat, got 3 lightloops, jesus fuck the extra cables;
an rgb header from every fan
a 6 block controller with a wire to another controller requiring sata power connector
the other controller so you can have 2 sets of 6 fans, with a wire to a usb header, also requiring a sata power connector.

Attached: 08_03_15_46_Monarch.png (503x649, 404K)

How does the air go through the glass?

It's not even about only the optical drives. Suppose your MB has an internal USB connector and the only way to make use of it is to get a 5.25'' USB bay. When you can't use a function of the motherboard because the case won't let you, that's some bullshit.

Those noctuas come with a Y splitter in the box, so you should already have a couple

>normies

There are vents to the side of the glass
You can see them in the picture

>that tiny air intake
i bet it's loud as fuck

>3x 140mm
2x 200mm is better and quiter

I just bought a Corsair Carbide Spec-02 Red shift case.
Good?

Attached: CC-9011051-WW-SPEC02_001.png (800x1037, 301K)

looks fine to me

MicroATX with a 5.25 and an external 3.5, good case. Go a card reader and DVD-RW on the front.

Attached: 867045-822130-800.jpg (650x800, 58K)

Did u not see the massive Fuck off grille in the 5.25" bays? It's quieter than my larger ft01 with noctura fans

Temps are quite good, you can remove the front glass too if you want to but the performance difference is very minimal.

STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Who do you think the target audience is, besides zoomers and normies? It's clearly an attempt at making PC cases look fashionable, absolutely modern.

>microatx

Literally a dead form factor

>bulged side panel with a window
Yikes, what is this 2008?

>zoomers
>normies

*breaks*

Attached: glass pc case.jpg (236x265, 14K)

imagine throwing that glass monstrosity down a flight of stairs

You'd dent your plastic cases too if you threw them like a jackass

I wish my Z9 Neo Plus case had a tempered glass side panel instead of an acrylic one.

You can make them any solid color you like

>he throws his PC

You can set them to any color you want.
RGB is pretty cool as a concept, it's just that by default they come pre-set with seizure-inducing patterns.

>mfw generic $10 2005-era ATX case with Ryzen 3700X and 5700XT inside
You tards have fun with color matching and RGB

Attached: EAjsDX-U4AAETJO-orig.png (684x879, 784K)

dilate

Where my boomer bros

Attached: 81R6TnhFdQL._SX425_.jpg (425x425, 21K)

cooler master 500 cases had better cpu temps by a bit and slighty worse gpu temps compared to the fractal. and prolly less retarded to use than the cooler master
it has no top vents in default layout tho you could put mesh there
gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3471-fractal-define-s2-vision-rgb-case-review

Do they? Because I know a number of people who have their fans set to a rainbow pattern.

it was the loudest also just saw that now glass front really sucks

I have this case with the same fan colors, looks sick af

Pic is my build in a 460x. Corsair has the best RGB ecosystem hands down. My mobo and 1080ti use RGB fusion and its garbage, but i occasionally use it when i go with a static colour, otherwise i keep them off. 6 Ll 120 fans (best looking RGB fans you can get, colours look much deeper in real life), 4 of their RGB strips, H100i platinum (get this over the pro version for more lighting zones), and their vengeance rgb pro RAM all synced through ICUE. Theres some really cool lightshow animations it comes with, but you can download free community made ones, like from Alex Krastev that do crazy stuff. Some of my favourites include an "American" theme, and a blue kaio-ken theme that pulses in different zones on the computer randomly to mimic energy blasts

Attached: Screenshot_20190803-162312_Gallery.jpg (1440x2960, 1.54M)

My build here:
The struggle with all the extra cables in a small case like this was real. I removed my HDD cage and SSD tray and got a 1TB 970 evo plus instead just to have the extra space for cable management, and even then it took me 4 hours to route everything and zip tie it all down in a way that would let me work in it without having to undo everything in the future. It was worth it 100% tho since the end result is great

Attached: Screenshot_20190803-163643_Gallery.jpg (1440x2960, 1.19M)

what do you think about pic related? i'd wish to retain my dvd

Attached: 4900217_0_i1064.jpg (600x911, 57K)

I have that exact model, got it becauee the CPU fan header on my mobo doesn't control fan speeds very well. Works alright, nothing fancy. I leave it in manual mode and bring the fan speeds up when I'm playing games or doing anything CPU intensive.

Attached: 1555635068570.gif (652x562, 626K)

I have the non autistic brother.
> The inner layout it's the same, but it doesn't have zoomer gimmicks like window, led fans, gaymur aesthetic, etc...

Attached: 81HN270pfNL._SL1500_.jpg (1128x1500, 213K)

Post the machine.

not bad looking. reminds me kinda of thinkstation cases. just wish it came without that shitty window.

>implying this will ever be the wrong answer

Attached: r5.jpg (1000x1000, 317K)

I would desu

I'm thinking about buying this case. You like it?

Actually, that's almost exactly what I put into it. A Lenovo IdeaCentre with a C1B85M motherboard.

I decided to go with whatever Microcenter had on hand. I could have gotten knobs instead, but it looked cheap.

Attached: compcase.jpg (1512x2016, 994K)

I also just realized how retarded the ROG sticker is so I just peeled it off.

I like the style. Although I've never had a window on a computer before. I didn't want to get something too over-stated. I guess I got bored and wanted to try some lighting.