Which college degree(s) is the most beneficial for your life overall?

Which college degree(s) is the most beneficial for your life overall?

Attached: 54F58BC6-F3A3-4103-9CB4-E3ECB5DE1213.jpg (680x592, 15K)

For undergrad earning potential? Computer Science and it isn't even close.

This
Computer science also has good career upward mobility

Probably a medical doctorate
Solid investment in any era of the human history

theatre studies

Med.
>t. Shitloads of med relatives and will get into a med school next year

Computer stuff is good too but you'll need to learn new stuff through your employment

I find it funny how OP asks what degree is good for life, and people only keep giving answers that are good for career.

med is stressful as fuxk
You never stop learning
You make a small mistake and they sue you

Right now, Computer Science is pretty good because you can pretty much get into any field in need of software. For example, I know people who now have a career in Imaging, a field that has highly been dominated by physicists and mathematicians, because this field is now heavily based on software.

Yeah sometimes I get stressed with my dev job but then I think to myself that I'm not a doctor and at least my code can't kill anyone, people bitch about software jobs being stressful but most well-paying jobs are, web dev probably has the lowest ratio of stress / pay desu

The ones that fulfill your own interests and lead you to a career that will inspire the shit out of you every day.

Why the fuck are you asking such a subjective question, like our input will apply to your own life?

Kinda true assuming you'll keep trying to get better.
I'll just stop and work at a simple clinic. It's not like I care about money.

Radiology then.
>Inb4 muh AI
Interventional radiology.

That's because it's an impossible question to answer. Everyone's experience and definition of what is beneficial to their life will be different because, like this faggot said, the benefit is entirely subjective. OP is a fleshwaste faggot who prolly still has mum make the decisions about which sandwiches he gets in his school lunch.

career = life
i mean, what else is there?

I'm a guy that thrives on stress. Without an upcomibg deadline or a threat to my entire career around the corner I find myself extrememly bored and don't even perform at my best.
At first I went to med school because I knew going into CS would make me hate my only hobby that is programming but I found myself to be a perfect fit for this life

If you have nothing going on then just go for CS, I knew I wanted to do it before hand, but after a semester I started doing more maths (even though I basically failed all my math in HS) and now am thinking of going double degree in math/cs.
I'm sure you will have so room to stretch once you get into your degree, and it just so happens that CS is next to the Maths department which is next to the engineering department so to speak etc. which is really good for going down your own path later on imo
Main piece of advice is to do what you want and not what anyone else pressures you into - had a friend who was forced into EE because CS was lower score to get into and his parents feel for the meme of better score required = better education/outcomes, he is now doing CS but has to retake or overload several units because of that
GL faggot

Attached: grigori perelman.jpg (198x400, 36K)

> i mean, what else is there?
Personal experiences? Seeking your own truths? Does the term "working to live" even mean anything to you, you fucking robot? I work so I can afford mad shit like a shitbox lancer to throw around a racetrack on a weekend, gear to make my own wines and beers, and items for metal and wood projects. What the fuck are you doing with yourself?

medical is infinite demand with boatloads of money and can't be outsourced, but i really hate people so i went cs

Are you me?
I went into med for pretty much the same reason. I had the option to do mathematics but I realised this would make me hate it once I had to consistently do it just to make money and stay alive. Then I did a radiology placement and all of a sudden I saw the rest of my life falling into place.

PPE

Philosophy or economics

No degree. It's most beneficial to spend your time and money on other things.

>Does the term "working to live" even mean anything to you, you fucking robot?
It means you're one lazy parasite that would not work a single day in your life if you were born into a good family and had a lot of money. You have no interest in contributing to the society that makes possible everything that you take for granted. No, you are one egotistical little man who doesn't even have any idea of what is your purpose in this life. I mean, really:
>I work so I can afford mad shit like a shitbox lancer to throw around a racetrack on a weekend, gear to make my own wines and beers, and items for metal and wood projects.
This is what a good life is, to you? Sounds depressing, even for your boomer standards.

>You have no interest in contributing to the society that makes possible everything that you take for granted.
Why the fuck would I? Fucked up governance, every fucking corporation on the planet in it to rape you for every piece of information they can, and a population that will happily feed that machine for the sake of getting some likes on pictures of their children taking their first dump on a fucking potty, or pictures of their tits falling out on the weekend. I can only assume you are part of that populous by your vigorous defense. Fuck you, you passive little consumerist fuck. I bet you own an iPhone.

> This is what a good life is, to you?
Spending my weekends crating objects from nothing and getting an Adrenalin boost to remind myself what it is actually supposed to feel like to be alive, as opposed to camping out in front of netflix all fucking weekend? God fucking damn you're right I think that's a good life. Now fuck off and be a good little cog. Your asspain is showing.

Attached: doctor-with-box-of-tissues.jpg (470x685, 40K)

law or medicine

/thread:

>contributing to society

lmao kys wagenigger

MIS undergrad and whatever assoc flavor of grad

Stem cell of degrees as long as you actually have proper skills and can prove. I made more starting than any dev position and have the flexibility to go any path I choose from data """""scientist""""" to developer, to consultant or any middle management position. This is in a fortune 50.

Save your "I'm passionate about X" bullshit for something that matters. If you truly were passionate about anything you wouldn't be going for upper education in the first place.

>beneficial for your life overall
NEET

Imagine being this much of a boot licker.

rent free

Best EE major out of these?
>Embedded
>Networking
>Power elec
>Machine learning/DSP

>going into CS would make me hate my only hobby that is programming
While this might be somewhat true, It'll also make you good at programming because it becomes your career.

Dude, just go into nursing of med tech if you want an overall good life.

Law will NOT give you a good life depending on what practice you get into

Medicine/dentistry is honestly your best best bet. Nursing again, gives you immense flexibility to do other things as well.

Programming is becoming more of a hit or miss now, so unless you are sure you will graduate in the top 5% I wouldn't really bank on it.

Take any degree that gives you mobility. Be aware of the global situation for your field, not just local. Everyone here recommends CS because there are lucrative jobs in it, but there are also a lot of shit jobs just like any other field. CS has good mobility potential, but you can be fucked over by Rajeesh and his typewriter monkey army.

I did English because England is looking really unstable, and a degree in English lets me go wherever the fuck I want in the world because they'll all pay an ok wage just to teach the basics.

CS

This or software engineering. If you've got another degree, it's probably not worth the toiletpaper it's printed on.

EE/CE/SE/CS

most beneficial for life overall?
philosophy desu

Gender studies

Assuming you want to maximum your economic value, a solid business degree will always be relevant - finance, accounting, economics, etc. Currently, computer science is ‘all the rage’ which means the market is going to be flooded with newly minted CS graduates which may start to push down the value...not a guarantee, but certainly something to keep in the back of your mind.

Nope - Don’t waste your money unless you are already ‘rich’. Spend your money to earn a ‘degree’ that will offer a solid return. The study of philosophy is a lifetime journey and can be done on your own.

Asian spotted

Most people I work with have a non CS degree.

jaded as fuck
you can do just fine as long as you don't expect everything to be handed to you on a silver platter

Mech eng
Elec eng
Comp eng
Software eng
CS

Attached: E6CD55B1-206B-4246-976C-1DE56EDF0FCE.png (225x225, 20K)

Underrated response. I'd go for a civil engineering degree too.

Math, I'm doing it and failing hard right now

Attached: 1560953127714.jpg (586x524, 42K)

It's very hard to break into an industry when competing against degree holding people. You'll need to be in the top 5% with a stellar portfolio.

Not really. At least for CS.

math is unironically one of the easiest subjects, it's literally just
>do 100 practice problems
>ace exam
every time

Stem is bad if you're bad at math
I'm saying this as someone who is bad at math,tried stem and have heard of someone killing themselves who coincidentally was studying stem at the time.
You're better off picking a subject you like and being unemployed afterwards, fuck it as long as you don't go into debt.

wrong subreddit

>bad at math
>pick a math heavy degree
what did you expect to happen anyway? some people are too stupid for their own good tbqh

You're not alone, user.

I expected to get good at math...

you had your entire elementary and high school years to do that, if you reach college without being good at math it is clear that you're uninterested or you just don't have it in you
college classes should not cater to the lowest denominator to the detriment of everyone else, if you're not good at math then pick another degree, that's just common sense

rajeesh and his typewriter monkey army aren't really the issue, the issue is the field becoming more and more saturated by people who can't find good jobs through traditional routes, that piled on with overpopulation and jobs becoming automated and more roles in the tech industry being compounded into single roles so companies don't have to pay employees as much (full stack developer etc) makes the field seem very precarious, what's currently happening to it is very sinister

Showing you're smart enough to learn on your own and especially smart enough to not waste four fucking years of your life and tons of money (yours or someone else's) on a fucking memorization/trivia expert "degree".
School is bullshit. Hell, by your mid-teens you should be fucking be apprenticed by somewhere to ACTUALLY REAL-LIFE LEARN A FUCKING SKILL, not be stuck at a goddamn desk memorizing fucking trivia and outdated/blatantly wrong theory bullshit about what you want to do.

Go to the UK then. 3 year bachelors and 1 year masters

>PhD in math
>any job I want
>300k starting

Attached: mathphd.jpg (640x427, 34K)

Hard to say. I know a businessman that outsourced his programming work to India and said it was unusable because the quality was so bad. The point is, he still outsourced first. I actually started in CompSci but dropped it because I figured I'd end up in a wage cage on a balance ball typing up HTML for someone's wordpress.

Computer Engineering*

CE makes you mediocre in two different fields. Electrical engineering or CS can get you any job a CE degree can plus more.

Only if you have the executive functions to do so
Exams in 7 days, fucking kill me

I like my CS degree because it taught me how to OC my ram timings to get the optimal frames per second in CSGO

My father wanted me to be an engineer or a scientist or a doctor. I told him, "If you insist, if it makes you happy, I will do any stupid thing you tell me. But remember, this is not love. If you love me, then let me be what I want to be. I don't want to be a doctor and I don't want to be an engineer. I have no desire at all to be a scientist - that is not my way. I don't feel any joy in the scientific way of thinking. My love is totally different: I am in deep love with poetry, aesthetics, beauty, truth."

He said, "Then you will remain a beggar!"

I said, "That's perfectly okay, that I can accept. I will be a beggar, that is okay, but let me be what I want to be. Even in my poverty I will be rich, and following you and becoming a doctor I may become very rich but I will remain poor, and I will always hanker for that which was my real longing."

He was a man of tremendous understanding. He meditated over it and he said, "Then it is okay. Do whatsoever you feel like doing, and you have my blessings."

He could have forced me easily because he had the money. He could have forced me to go in any direction because I was helpless. He showed love, he showed understanding. He allowed me to be whatsoever I wanted to be.

Attached: IMG_9112.jpg (2816x1880, 2.28M)

whatever fag, I need those fries pronto

automation. Fag

depends on what you like user, pic related

Attached: Untitled.png (1325x965, 27K)

my inclusion and diversity degree is great, yo

Attached: 1564867683685.jpg (800x450, 118K)

Power Electronics.

>7 days
Reminds me of my scrams. You can do it. But be hard to yourself.

Any will do op
Doesn't really matters just follow your dreams

Attached: consoles.jpg (411x741, 49K)

CS most assuredly cannot

>CS doing everything a EE can and some more
Call me when you can specify a utility transformer, a emergency generation system with the specifications for installation, or the electrical protection equipment for an industrial application. Go on, I will wait.

Philosophy will give you the best qualitative perspective on life so long as you keep the epistemological shit to a minimum.

GOT EM!

Attached: IMG_2929.jpg (540x568, 85K)

Cringe and yikespilled. Cope harder or have sex.

Medicine, Nursing, Law, Engineering, and even mathematics. In short, STEM.

The easiest way to figure out if your degree is bullshit is to figure out if the only job that your degree gets you is to be a professor. Shit like feminist studies and sociology is garbage. No company ever hired these motherfuckers to do anything of any importance. No person with these degrees ever did anything of any importance.

If you can't handle STEM then major in business. It has a little bit of math but not much. And management always gets more money than workers.

If you want the elite level of money then get into finance. Understand how the market works. Learn about banking and trading.

Wagecuck . Keep accumulating goyim , work 7/7 , then die at 45 in an unfortunate accident, oh well guess you gonna enjoy life next time

God imagine doing computer science or some other IT shit and having to interact with fujoshi and autists at some fucking college. Fuck that shit.

Electrical engineering
Self taught in cyber security for a backup plan

If you have an IQ above 125 go into science or math. You would be doing humanity a favor.

Computer science + physics minor or something, if you become a computational (bio)physicist you're a God among men.