Where to learn to code online, and what language can be somewhat useful? i already have a job...

where to learn to code online, and what language can be somewhat useful? i already have a job, i just wanna see if i can learn to code

i did turbo pascal in school back in the day but didn't really remember anything

Attached: 1477393269242.png (415x416, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/P1xt/p1xt-guides/blob/master/deprecated/job-ready-javascript-edition-3.0.md
github.com/bmorelli25/Become-A-Full-Stack-Web-Developer#full-stack-tutorials
freecodecamp.org/
theodinproject.com/
javascript.info/
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Learn
durgasoft.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm thinking about learning php myself.
Its relatively easier than other languages and most stuff is done online anyways.

Learn go, ruby, python, JavaScript

can you do games in python?

is c# too much difficult?

start with JS and become a web artisan

You *can* do anything in anything.

HTML goes with the p thingy nerd. Now fuck off my forum.

Best way to learn to code is by starting to develop projects, they don't have to be big, anything as small as a calculator works.

Programming languages, their frameworks, IDEs, and other stuff are all TOOLS you use, you don't learn a "language", you learn the patterns and style used ubiquitous across all of them.

This. If you think of these tools as "languages" you will only feel overwhelmed and drag out your learning experience.

i get it but where to start if i'm at zero? should just choose something small to do?

You can google all the different languages there are to offer, see news about them, see what people/companies use for their projects, and what these languages are capable of.

Alot of beginners delve into one language, feel disappoint that it wasn't what they expected or its missing some key features, and never see the bigger picture.

For starting languages Python is used in universities, its easy to pick up general syntax you need, you can literally copy and paste pseudo-code and it will most likely work due to it being so lax. But don't expect it to be capable to make applications like you see on desktops or applications displayed to you through your web-browser.

Also what's worth learning is the the execution process of your code from source-code (your code), to machine code (assembly or 1s/0s) that eventually gets fed to your CPU. It might also help you see the bigger pictures, but most of this is hidden away from the average developer so they can focus on what they actually need to program.

github.com/P1xt/p1xt-guides/blob/master/deprecated/job-ready-javascript-edition-3.0.md
github.com/bmorelli25/Become-A-Full-Stack-Web-Developer#full-stack-tutorials
freecodecamp.org/
theodinproject.com/
javascript.info/
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Learn
durgasoft.com/

You can find a tiny project on github (like a calculator app) and copy and paste it, and try to figure out how it works, trying changing things, maybe add some things to it. Pretty much play around with the code and see what happens.

Youtube videos work well if you are just starting out, try to do hello world, fizz buzz, and that other beginner stuff they make you do.

>"Code" as a verb
Don't bother, the developer market is already saturated with bootcamp retards as yourself.

He literally says he has a job, and just wants to try coding, probably mainly for fun.

Attached: anon-kun.jpg (680x691, 99K)

Attached: 1544073228649.jpg (570x587, 43K)

>Coding
Seriously, kill yourself. I don't mean it as le ebin internet insult, I'm literally asking you to end your life. Each dead "coder" is a step forward for society.

I will not kill myself, your move desu.

>Each dead "coder" is a step forward for society.
B-B-But if kill all the coders how are you going to baitpost???

>baiting
What's the "bait" you fucking moron? I'm mot baiting you into shit, I'm asking you to kill yourself. Not every argument on the internet is le ebin seethe have sex cope bait maymay. Fucking illiterate monkey.

Ok I’ve killed myself, now what?

Yes
No

First, learn to do a search, second I'd say Sololearn for learning the syntax of your first couple languages and then do only project based learning. Break down your project into parts and search how to do them online until you have what you want. You learn much faster this way and it's very rewarding.