Previous threads:
>Read
>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of Windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSC?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Attached: uwu.jpg (470x698, 133K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.startech.com/post/connecting-multiple-monitors-multi-stream-transport-and-what-it-means-for-you/
displayport.org/cables/driving-multiple-displays-from-a-single-displayport-output/
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.zxing.client.android&hl=en
download.mozilla.org/?product=firefox-latest-ssl&os=linux&lang=en-US
github.com/zxing/zxing/wiki/Frequently-Asked-Questions#why-does-barcode-scanner-request-permission-to-access-
winaero.com/blog/pin-a-batch-file-to-the-start-menu-or-taskbar-in-windows-10/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Recently i build a desktop and installed Windows 10 on it, i have noticed that Windows Updates hang, trying to download something from the Windows Store hangs, trying to install a language doesn't download either.

On my ThinkPad everything downloads fine without any problems, what could be the cause?

based cute OP

I'm wondering if the airflow inside my desktop is decent? the red arrows indicate the direction of the wind.

Attached: airflow.jpg (1361x1815, 943K)

Posting again because old bread is dead and you're all lazy.
Let's say I have a DisplayPort MST hub like pic related. Can you run three different model monitors with three different resolutions off such a hub?
e.g. Monitor #1 at 1280 x 720, Monitor #2 at 1920 x 1080, Monitor #3 at 2560 x 1440. Will it work with all three plugged into the MST hub?

Attached: mst.jpg (225x225, 4K)

What version of Win10 are you using, and is it cracked or you have a original key?
I remember previous pirated installations of Win10 Pro I did, the Windows Update would take like 6-10 hours to fully install.

Could a faulty Mobo produce no beep at all when trying to boot?

I think you should be ok. Did a superficial search and nothinks makes me think it wouldn't work.

blog.startech.com/post/connecting-multiple-monitors-multi-stream-transport-and-what-it-means-for-you/

displayport.org/cables/driving-multiple-displays-from-a-single-displayport-output/

Windows 10 Pro
I used KSMAuto to activate it (What i assume an old version of it)

Double check the RAMs and 4pin on the mobo are connected.
If yes, you could try breadboarding, aka. remove the mobo and everything from it and proceed to switch it on with a different component connected each time and try to troubleshoot what is preventing POST

Looks good. The article references daisy-chaining, not using a hub, but since it's the same underlying technology (MST) I think I'll be OK.

Hmm. You might be able to see improvement by putting the CPU cooler radiator on top and the other exhaust fan on the back. And move your lower intake fan down by maybe half of one of those slots. Or maybe that won't really do anything.

Thanks for the suggestion. The radiator was originally on the top but I moved it to the back to benefit from the intake. Will do a little more searching before moving the parts because I'm lazy

Well computer suddenly died while running.
I tested the PSU, RAM, SSD and HDD on another build.
Tried booting with no GPU, same result, no display and no power to peripherals, no HDD reading led blinking.

The problem is I have no other 1150 mobo or 4xxx CPU.

I had a similar issue once my computer wouldn't turn on after a thunderstorm power outage (switching off/on the PSU wouldn't work, pressing the power button for 10 seconds to discharge any static wouldn't work, etc.),but all other peripherals were OK, so I assumed the PSU or MOBO were RIP.

I was about to buy a new mobo and PSU when I tried breadboarding and managed to make it POST, hence my suggestion. I still can't say 100% what happened but I think there was static somewhere that only removing all the parts could dissipate.

Well I got nothing to lose, I'll try it tomorrow.

In short, I'm wondering whether there is any simply way to pass everything besides access to my laptops internal SSD to a Windows 7 or 10 virtual machine, or otherwise prevent a regular windows 7 or 10 installation from touching my ssd.
Due to unfortunate circumstances, I'm forced to install Windows, relying on something like Virtualbox isn't really an option, VGA drivers are too slow for what I need to be doing, and their other ones are buggy, Wine doesn't work either. I don't really trust the software I am forced to use, nor Windows itself, should I install Windows in a separate partition, while it would not be able to read my encrypted root partition it would obviously still be able to fuck with it, I would like to ensure that it can't. Taking my laptop apart and removing my ssd every time I need to use Windows is not an option, just buying a separate laptop isn't economically appealing either.

Running into issues in Python 3.7 using MyPy typing.
with open(path) as fp:
return Parser(policy=default).parse(fp)

Returns an EmailMessage object, since the policy is default. But MyPy claims it returns a Message object.
Worth just ignoring? Or am I being retarded?

help bros

got a smol notebook with flashdrive and installed another partition with win 10 on it
then i delted the partion from the win 10 i wanted to use and now the notebook says bluescreen with repair/recovery
i tried auto repair then it showed me still 2 win partitions to choose from but only one had a partionon number
my guess is i need to cleanly delte the other winows instance

Attached: 1564318785473.jpg (512x512, 102K)

is there a way to play my spotify library through cmus?
i like cmus and i couldnt get mopidy working with ncmpcpp

How did you solve that problem? A genuine key?

I just left the computer on until it completed and asked for a restart.

I- Is that a boy?

Getting a new battery pack for an old laptop, before soon formatting it entirely and installing linux on it. Yay.

>BUT MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM
>I NEED A FULL TOWER CASE
You have WAY to much wasted space, which will create a hot zone literally everywhere in your case
Get a mATX case instead you fucking retard

Realistically, what's the worst thing that would happen if I switched to Opera?

As my desktop browser.
I'm currently using Firefox but I want to use Chromecast through it
Chrome and Brave have that gay layout where if you download something that fucking download bar pops up at the bottom and won't go away, taking up space, until I press x. I'm tired of having to manually close it after every fucking file save. So they're out of the question. Opera is the only Chrome-based browser with a good layout.

I do important things in the browser, logged into sensitive personal accounts and I run my small biz from it to. Not online banking though, But definitely shopping.

Attached: opera-logo-3.jpg (1920x1080, 72K)

Best Android QR reader app?

I remember it used to be Barcode Scanner or somethign like that but now it asks for a fuckton of permissions.
Then there are many ones there by antivirus companies like Kaspersky, Avira, Trend Micro
They don't demand a lot of permissions but if you look in the user agreement they state they take a fuckton of information anyway (how do they even do it without the permissions?)

So anyway, any good, no-bullshit QR reader app out there?

Attached: 1200px-QR_code_for_mobile_English_Wikipedia.svg[1].png (1200x1200, 12K)

sending your personal data to pooh bear's brother who's in charge of china right now

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.zxing.client.android&hl=en

It's open source and pretty much every other barcode scanner uses their library.

I use the fdroid barcode scanner.
I think that asks for a ton of permissions because people like to share contact information and wifi connection information with QR codes. Just make sure to disable "try to retrieve more information" in the settings.

yes a catboy

extreme retard here cleaning out my first pc with an air duster.
Just wondering how long I should wait before turning on the pc again, i think my air duster sprayed out a bit of water because I used it for too long, basically it got cold from prolonged use and condensed...
I poured some luke warm water on the can every once in a while to keep it from getting cold, but I'm still paranoid about spraying too much on the components.
Should I wait overnight to turn it on again? will it explode?

So, Firefox 32bit crashes on my end using Linux whenever I try to move a bookmark to place it somewhere else. The 64bit version works fine though.
The 32bit version is also missing icons and characters on my end, like the icon of the browser in the upper left corner of the titlebar.

Are these issues normal or it's just me?
Back on Windows Firefox 32bit worked perfectly fine.

Oh yeah, I also don't have audio, even though again, it works just fine in the 64bit version or using Pale Moon.

I got the 32bit version from here: download.mozilla.org/?product=firefox-latest-ssl&os=linux&lang=en-US

How do I attach a .bat file to the start menu?
So I can quickly run it.
It doesn't have the option.
Shurtcut doesn't either.

Attached: ss (2019-08-03 at 20.43.53).png (246x346, 7K)

Any reason on insisting on the 32bit version? 32bit died more than 10 years ago.

Can you explain what you mean with "attach" to the start menu?
Do you mean add an entry to its list? Or to its context menu when right clicking it?
Your screenshot shows the context menu when clicking a file.

alright thanks
Yeha I disabled contacts and storage, so it only has camera and the other stuff i can't change like phone state etc

i would wait at least a few hours for any water to evporate

who knows
but who cares desu
just use 64-bit and don't look back
they're deprecating 32-bit slowly now anyway
it's obsolete technology
like manual cars
inb4
>hurr durr fat murritard
i'm a bong but i don't give a shit, driving manual in the city is so fucking annoying
who cares
if automatic is good enough for the japanese, it's good enough for me

github.com/zxing/zxing/wiki/Frequently-Asked-Questions#why-does-barcode-scanner-request-permission-to-access-

I found a way to do it, I should have googled it first
I meant "pin to start".
Couldn't do it, even on a shortuct.
But there's a way to do it in winaero.com/blog/pin-a-batch-file-to-the-start-menu-or-taskbar-in-windows-10/

Attached: ss (2019-08-03 at 20.47.42).png (327x346, 79K)

bootmgr fix

vivaldi is your best bet

>i would wait at least a few hours for any water to evporate
thanks lad, I was already thinking of leaving it off overnight

>who knows
>but who cares desu
I do, because it works far better than the 64bit version.

The 32bit version works faster on my end. I notice the GUI in the 64bit version a tad sluggish,while it works pretty fine in the 32bit version.

yes, all the monitors will be parsed separately by your OS.

i got a HAF XB by Cooler Master
put a super multi UHD 4k bluray read/write drive in one slot
now i have one 5.25 bay unused...
other than optical drives, card readers and fan controllers (i even saw thermaltake has a cup holder/cigarette lighter to fit the bay),

what are some other useful or interesting components which fit 5.25 ? ? ?

this case already has 2 hot-swap bays, so don't need to add in 5.25 area

Attached: haf xb.jpg (625x469, 147K)

but you might not be able to run 1440p as a client mode from a splitter like that. Dounle check the DisplayPort version specifications.

are there any decent free image enhancers?

What's your definition of "enhancer"?

Keeping the image the same resolution but as less blury and pixalted as possible, obviously i dont expect a good one but maybe something

Why does your assholte burn when shitting diarrhea and keep burning for a long time? And I mean not just the anus but the whole vicinity. Is diarrhea acid/corrosive or something?

>>>/ptg/

So technically I'm registered at an university however I don't plan on continuing next session since it feels like a huge waste of money and time.

Would it be a big brain move to put that I'm going to university in my CV and try to break into the market that way? I have my ID card to prove that I'm registered and I could say that my courses are at night or some shit.

guessing u wanna work in silicon valley?
just dye your hair blue and wear some crazy clothes.
then go to any starbucks near the valley and publicly deny your gender, call white people racist, be completely intolerant of anything but logic and reason, then scream that you demand tolerance and preferred pronouns.

>this is what zoomers consider humor

learn some frameworks and be able to invert a binary tree and you're basically a certified software engineer, 600k/yr starting (min.)

You know they'll contact the university and ask what you've been up to assuming your lack of willingness to talk about it isn't a huge red flag. If you really knew more than what they're teaching you, you would be able start your own business somewhere.

I am about to pull the trigger on this new build.
I want to know if there are any red flags you guys see. Plan on playing on a 144hz monitor at 1440p

CASE - Fractal Design Meshify C TG Lt
CPU - I9-9900K
MOBO - Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi
RAM - Corsair LPX 32GB (2x16GB) 3200MHz C16 DDR4
COOLER - Noctua NH-D15
GPU - EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti FTW3
PSU - Seasonic FOCUS Plus 850 Gold SSR-850FX 850W 80+ Gold

Attached: 7f5.jpg (284x284, 16K)

you don't need a fucking i9 9900k for gaming
just cause it has the highest number and it's very expensive doesn't mean it's the best option

>you would be able start your own business somewhere
That's just retarded.

Theoretical computer science is completely useless for the most popular job which is web dev.
That's why you see new grads trying to get into big tech companies, they're the only place that type of knowledge can really be used.

My guy.

While I do plan on using it for gaming I will also be rendering videos, ect. While not exclusively.

I was gonna build a new PC but some guy is selling this for 2600 on facebook. CAD - PC I was going to build was gonna be around 2200, way less powerful GPU.

Should I get this used Alienware instead? Would I be able to swap the internals to a non-autismo case?

Attached: Capture22.jpg (767x265, 40K)

There ARE in fact lots of possible majors, and he didn't say which one his was. But I forgot, this is Jow Forums, so the only thing anyone ever goes to college for is to learn to program.

If you do anything besides gaming then get a ryzen.

How do I test my GPU to be sure it's not fucking up?

I've had a problem where my PC would crash while playing a specific game last year. Couldn't figure out what was going on, swapped everything while trying to test and it still crashed regardless. Figured out that it was just the game, dropped the game, no more problems.
Stopped playing the game for a year. In the meanwhile, I've found out that my RAM was bad, swapped PSU, motherboard and RAM.
Started playing it again a few months ago. 0 (zero) crashes so far.
Tried playing it yesterday, crashed again. Now it constantly crashes after a few moments while in-game. Tried updating drivers, downgrading drivers, swapping in a fresh W7 install (currently using W10), nothing seems to work.

Try a GPU stress test.
I had similar problems and it turned out it was just GPU overheating due to clogged radiator and summer heat.

is it worth it to get a screen protector for a new phone even though i never drop my shit? i feel like id have have to press harder for the screen to register a touch if i get one

The I9-9900K competitor is the new 3900x and after looking at the benchmarks it really doesn't do much more than the I9. From what I saw there was maybe one program that was about 10% faster. And the 3900 could not beat the I9 in any games.

I researched the CPU for like a month. Looked at both RYZEN and INTEL.

I never understood why people get super fancy phones and then put them into a cheap case to hide it.
In my opinion, unless you're a super slop, a case or screen protector is absolutely useless.

I never had one for any of my phones in the last 20 years and never got them scratched.

If I install a bunch of libraries in Linux because I want to compile some program, should I uninstall them after or should I just leave them there? They use like 10Mb but I installed like 20 packages just to compile that piece of shit I eventually ended up uninstalling.

just leave them there it's harmless

Get one of the drawers they sell.
Or, you could get a controller with extra ports (USB, eSATA, etc.)
Better yet, install a 5.25" floppy drive.

When will DDR memory be replaced with serial memory?

Does anyone know how to rip videos from VRV?

As said, if you do ANYTHING besides gaming.
Intel has its nose still ahead in single core performance because not many games support more than 4 threads.
But for something like video encoding/streaming/rendering/compiling the 24 threads help a lot and almost beat it by 50%.

I might be biased. I'm running a 8700k and because of all the security bullshit lately I'm really fed up with intel.
They deserved the kick in the butt.

I've tried cleaning my entire PC earlier today. I'll actually go clean the GPU again because now that you mentioned radiator I remembered that I didn't actually remove it from the motherboard to clean, just used compressed air aimed at a) fans, b)backplate, c) side you see when the PC is open to remove the dust.

I have one of those glass screen protectors and YMMV but I feel like it doesn't really affect touch all that much. I'm also someone that almost never drops my shit but it happens and the screen protector helps if it happens.

I got a case because my current smartphone feels very slippery without one. I'd probably drop it a ton without the case.

looking for best "bang for the buck" tape drive and tapes to fit 5.25 bay

suggestions?

>I'll actually go clean the GPU again because now that you mentioned radiator I remembered that I didn't actually remove it from the motherboard to clean
You can easily check it with a stress test + temperature display.
That's the easiest way to check if it's actually overheating.
If it still overheats after proper cleaning, it may be thermal paste.

If it's not GPU, it may also be the power supply. Those often overheat too, especially if the grill faces a wall.

How can I move the "show desktop" icon? It won't move.

Attached: 1547684318290.png (243x48, 11K)

I installed Java 8 but I'm not seeing it here.

Attached: 1563743167919.png (1255x279, 28K)

why the fuck does my computer have such a goddamn problem with wifi? it's like my onboard wifi chip won't initialize at boot, i have to constantly reboot like 5 or 6 times from a full shutdown to get windows to display anything other than a lack of ethernet connection. Is my mobo fried? I'm using an aorus b450 pro wifi, I had to RMA my first one, and ever since i started using this one this issue has been a problem. it's really fucking annoying, i've reinstalled the drivers multiple times now, and done a full system reinstall, and neither have fixed it. i've also noticed that shutting it off at the PSU switch and leaving it seems to help, is there some capacitor that's fucked and just holding or not holding charge and throwing my mobo off as to whether or not there is wifi?

Did you install it using java installer or your distro's manager?

java installer

What's the definitive command for youtube-dl to get the highest quality mp3 with metadata?

Attached: 1512762859338.jpg (374x347, 39K)

What does bios say? If the bios can see it but sometimes doesn't, it's most likely hardware.
If the bios always sees it but OS doesn't, could be drivers.

You could also try running a small GNU/Linux liveusb to check if it can see the wifi. If it has the same problem as windows, it must be hardware.

Then it most likely won't see it.
Your distro should probably have its own java install guide.
It's possible to use java from java installer, but it's likely to be tedious. You might need to register the binaries as applications manually.

Attached: 1549575974536.jpg (956x1200, 175K)

youtube-dl -f bestaudio --extract-audio --embed-thumbnail --add-metadata --audio-format mp3 --audio-quality 0 URL

Why can't I edit the tags?

Attached: 1547479467313.jpg (456x810, 27K)

I turned off basically every readily available setting in windows 10 related to privacy, data collection and user profiling. is that enough or is there more shady background shit that microsoft doesn't want you to tamper with?

Chromium or Waterfox or Icecat?

Attached: icecat.png (650x650, 177K)

I haven't reinstalled windows 7 with sp1 in years. How quick am I going to get a virus or drive encryption worm? Windows Update usually never works install I manually install a KB which one was it and also which KB disables DazLoader?

That won't really stop the data collection (you know the calculator? It sends any data you paste into it to microsoft. No settings to stop it), it'll only stop them from showing you stuff based on it.

I have a choice between a Dell r710 server with 2 Xeons and 16GB RAM or an Optiplex with an i7 2600 and 12GB RAM for the same price.
The server is appealing, but space and power consumption are a major concern because we pay €0.20 per kilowatt hour here. Kinda stumped. Just looking to run Terraria and Minecraft and backup some files for friends but can't pass up a good offer.

How would I go around doing a simple partial filename match while using mget?

filenames:

filetype1_20190801.csv
filetype1_20190802.csv
filetype2_20190802.csv

I want it to pull download all files containing 20190802 for example.

Attached: frown.jpg (1651x1100, 453K)

Bump. Is there a way to get a working copy of Firefox 32bit on a 64bit Linux distro?

whats your distro? are you using the ones from your distros repos? try firefox-esr instead

As long you use common sense, never.

Yes.
In group policy disable step recording and keylogging.
Also set telemetry in security mode.
And disable defender and forced updates.

the mget command is called within a bash script

Is it a good idea to open a hole right under a laptop fan for better airflow?