The Nokia N900 was the last great smartphone. You literally can't prove me wrong

The Nokia N900 was the last great smartphone. You literally can't prove me wrong.

Attached: N900_xterm.jpg (1280x901, 147K)

Had one, loved it, it broke.

They don't last.

>They don't last
Mine broke at the beginning of this year. Had it since it released. I have a pocomeme now, I don't like it nearly as much as the Nokia.

Not even close to the ngage

CPU was slow, did not have enough memory, keys were hard to operate with adult-sized fingers, numbers required key combo, battery was weak, camera cover broke easily and was a pain to reattach as it was melted plastic, usb port was easy to break damaging the pcb, overall build quality was "we are trying out new stuff" tier.
All above considered, it was the best phone in the history of phones. Mine died three years back and I miss it every time I look at my current android toy.
If only microsoft didn't kill it...

Mine still works, I don't use it much, but I used it a lot when it was relevant. It had a problem with the micro usb port breaking, but unlike Apple, Nokia actually had proper customer support and they fixed that shit for free, even after the warranty had ran out.

Didn't have problems with the keyboard myself, but my hands are smaller than average. I was quite fast with the fn+numbers though, didn't see that as a problem at all.
A little bit of overclock helped with the slow cpu.
Didn't have problems with the build quality otherwise.
Don't remember if the battery was bad or not, but BetterBatteryStats comes to mind & constant tweaking, so maybe it was :D

The Pre Plus has the same CPU and I overclock it to 1 GHz, it runs alright. I'm actually surprised at how good the OMAP 3430 feature set is now that I'm looking at it, I didn't realize they had an FPU and SIMD extensions.

Thumb keyboards do suck ass though, as much as I want to like them I go even more hard luddite and prefer stylus input with a fluid handwriting recognition system like Graffiti.

Anyone else thinking about picking up an FxTek to replicate these feels? I'm looking for a new phone at the moment but I'm thinking about looking in to one of these when september rolls around.

Attached: Pho_ObjFxtec.jpg (1920x1080, 263K)

Snapdragon 835? Quite old, isn't it? And yeah I know, you don't need the latest and the best always, but my current phone has a 835 and it was only 300€.

To continue on this: I think hw qwerty would be more successful if there were cheaper options, would lower the barrier for many buyers. Like me.

Only options right now are custom made low production runs like fxtec pro, geminiPDA and cosmo, with only gemini even available right now, the other two should come out in the next month or two. Not that there were that many options while n900 was new, but at least it was mass produced unlike the n950. Doubt the prices will come down that much, definitely not going to compete with any basic iphone/droid clone on pricing that's for sure

The best part of N900 was the operating system. This one looks interesting, but Android makes it even more disappointing than a "normal" toy phone.

it will have at least community edition sfos

Attached: fxtec.png (877x541, 753K)

looks comfy

Wish Nokia 8 would get sailfish. Bootloader open and all that.

Wow, so comfy.

Attached: ComfyCanadian.jpg (600x513, 408K)

*attempts to block your path but stumbles, falling onto a third rail and permanently relegating self to a wheelchair*

Attached: priv-marshmallow-lead.jpg (1000x500, 56K)

Pity they never worked out the kinks on this design, it had potential.

there weren't any kinks with the design though, it was designed quite well. it was all problems in software and cost saving and it was executed badly enough to almost bankrupt them

still a decent phone

I heard they had some problems with performance/heat management as well but yeah, I was sort of hoping they would announce a priv 2 at some point.

You have two zeros too many in there.

I bought 2 of em last year and both were broken on delivery.
Their time had passed.

is it worth getting a n900 now?

>is it worth
worth for what?
generally if you're interested in outdated technology you know if it's worth for you to get or not. you don't get that shit to use every day and depend on it.

If it could run a compiler it would probably be pretty fun, I get enough entertainment out of WebOS devices to make them worthwhile.

True.
I remember back in 2009, I had all the tutorial about it, tricks and hacks, even I never owned it. because I was so excited about it, almost bought it then the whole Android kicked in

Have you ever owned one? It was a big flop

Attached: ismart.png (518x767, 301K)

i bit the bullet. i bought their moto mod and the ribbon cable broke after 6 months so now im stuck with a moto z3 and no keyboard.
i have doubts about the quality and i hate curved shit because its asking for scratches but what choice do i have.
after taxes and credit card fees it was about 730

Attached: Screenshot_20190803-211643.png (2160x1080, 100K)

I really can't

>but what choice do i have.
geminiPDA or Cosmo Communicator, clamshell should help with scratches