>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?&v=IhX0fOUYd8Q

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Minimum 30-60fps gaming. The stronger 3400G sells for $150. (R3K APUs OCs better than R2K)
>R5 2600 - 60fps+ gaming CPU with great value
>R5 3600 - Great gaming CPU
>R7 3700X - Overkill gaming CPU
>R7 1700X - Budget video editing
>R9 3900X - Professional tasks

RAM
>Do not use a single DIMM. 2 sticks for a typical dual channel CPU
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 3200CL16 or Micron E-die ("AES" in P/N) recommended
>AMD B & X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP
>B-die is EOL, stock is limited

GPUs based on current pricing
1080p
>RX 570/580 8GB - Can be found on sale/used for cheap. Look for 570s which are >1240MHz boost
>(GTX 1660TI @ ~$230/Vega56 @ ~$270) - higher fps / more demanding games
>RX 5700 - higher FPS
1440p
>RX 5700 - standard, 75-100FPS+
>RX 5700XT - higher fps
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2070S OC - budget option. Turing scales better into 4K than Navi does. OR upscale from lower resolution with RIS
>2080Ti - best for 4K but expensive

>Navi AIB models come mid-August. 5700 non-XT blower is alright, due to low power.

General
>Yes, adaptive sync (free/g/sync) is important for gaming
>NVMe isn't better than SATA SSD for gaming
>Don't use Speccy
>Don't trust sites which rank CPUs by arbitrary, obfuscated scores (eg userbenchmark, passmark, cpuboss)
>AM4 VRMs + Monitors + SSD Guide under "more"

more: rentry.co/pcbg-more

Attached: firefox_2019-07-26_22-57-21.jpg (1852x1277, 253K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ycMWmQ-4-ww
pcpartpicker.com/product/gwPgXL/msi-mpg-x570-gaming-edge-wifi-atx-am4-motherboard-mpg-x570-gaming-edge-wifi
community.amd.com/thread/219755
gamegpu.com/action-/-fps-/-tps/beyond-two-souls-test-gpu-cpu
pcpartpicker.com/list/r6k2zY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Reminder to avoid Nvidia for competitive gaming

Attached: output latency.png (934x531, 11K)

oh no no no
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: poozen BTFO.png (1920x1080, 388K)

At 144fps+ anti-lag actually doesnt do anything at all. Its only useful at 60hz

reposting with update
budget

>radeon 7 trading blows with 2080ti
>for 500$ less

>reading comprehension

It does when you can get 300fps in CSGO and R6 Siege etc. Shaves off a few ms while using much less electricity.
Either way, why are you ignoring the part where it's lower latency whether anti-lag is on or not? 5ms isn't insignificant as it all adds up.

>9 games
>complete outlier result in KC:D when every other reviewers has the 3900X above the 9900k in that game

Why that case? Rest is fine.

ok honestly what mobo do i pick to pair with a 3600? b450s dont boot and x570 is a waste of money.

>wake up
>monitor died
>no B550 board
>no 5700xt AIB
>LG still hasn't released 27GL850
>broke as fuck

Attached: 1540148375576.jpg (540x704, 69K)

Not how it works idiot.

Yes it is, idiot.

>tfw monitor is starting die

Attached: 1470508935161.jpg (657x527, 36K)

>vega is a housefi-
WoW completely maxxed out with 8x MSAA in the middle of ogrimmar on one of the most populated EU realms. Undervolted and oc'd with stock cooler.

Attached: IMG_20190803_200116.jpg (1447x2606, 1.3M)

>Why that case?
8x internal 3.5 bays + 3x 5.25, lot of fan options and good airflow, usb3 front panel ports, plain
>bonus drive caddy
like i said, i have tons of storage needs
only comparable case i saw was a fractal design with less features, and only like a $5 difference

B450s do boot if you flash the BIOS properly. Either get a store to do it for you (if you're too afraid to do it yourself) or get one of the Ryzen 3000 ready boards (like the MAX versions of MSI boards).

durrrr my gpu uses no power when it's not being stressed durrrr

Educate yourself brainlet its 1ms at best at high refresh try actually researching it before you post more stupid shit

yeah proper NAS cases are expensive I guess, but meh what a monstrosity.

>doesn't know the difference between response time, GPU output latency, and monitor input latency
LMAO congratulations of being the biggest retard to post on /pcbg/ this week.

Attached: a bunch of random reasons.jpg (830x1042, 246K)

>gpu util 75%
No shit its not running hot

>gets btfo by hardware unbox demonatrating its worthless at high refresh
youtu.be/ycMWmQ-4-ww

>meh what a monstrosity.
lel
it's not like i'm gonna be looking at it all day, it just sits under the desk
i've had some real brutalist style cases in my day, so i kinda dig it

Attached: Buffalo_City_Court_Building,_1971-74,_Pfohl,_Roberts_and_Biggie_(8448022295).jpg (600x900, 228K)

nah man been there done it for hours, flashing works perfectly but the system is still not stable.

Would coiling my audio wires like this cause me to get all weird sound problems?

Attached: IMG-20190803-WA0000.jpg (768x1024, 87K)

Doesn't get hot with 99% use either.

Bear 5700
Y/N?
That cooler looks like it could be decent enough for chinkshit.

Attached: yeston.jpg (690x1227, 185K)

Attached: 1561981026665.png (468x529, 441K)

>youtu.be/ycMWmQ-4-ww
Your own link proves you wrong, faggot. And you didn't address how Navi cards are lower latency to begin with whether it's on or off.
Kill yourself.

You can't actually be this stupid. You must be trolling. Don't reply anymore.

Attached: firefox_2019-08-03_15-11-49.png (1817x1018, 570K)

>haven't upgraded in forever
>now I don't understand anything

buy navi goys
It has 0.5ms less input lag

>2 ms
Yeah sorry i said 1ms but yeah 2ms lmao surely not 5ms like you said dumb shill quit shitting up the thread with your misinformation

Build is finally complete
Once my case comes in I'll get to building

How did I do Jow Forums?

Attached: finalbuild.png (2560x1003, 152K)

>still ignoring the fact that it's lower input latency with anti-lag off to begin with
Yep, just trolling. Can't actually be this stupid.

>HD in 2019
>Crucial P1
Otherwise okay.

Anti-lag is a pointless 2ms meme sorry i had to rain on youre parade

Didn't mean to quote the user above
I took what was on sale I feel that the crucial would be great due to it's size.

Looking to get my Dad a new desktop PC since his old one is very old and very slow. He doesn't play games other than Spider Solitaire and he mainly uses it for editing spreadsheets and documents.

Would I actually save money building such a low power machine or would I be better off just buying a prebuilt office PC?

your*

Attached: 1564832397074.jpg (1955x2956, 1.7M)

Is the stock cooler on the Ryzen 3900X going to be enough if I don't care about overclocking and all that jazz?

3700x yes but most people say the 3900x needs one.

Yeah, it'll ne fine. Just make sure your voltages aren't too high. Maybe set a negative voltage offset if you're worried.

After typing 44 to core frequency im having post problem. No signal video nor any of usb device working. What did i kill?

Attached: IMG_20190803_212218.jpg (2976x3968, 1.61M)

>continues to try to deflect from that fact that Navi is 25% lower latency with Anti-lag off, and no one said anything about Anti-lag.
>Keeps comparing anti-lag on/off on Navi in a vacuum to try to hide how poor turing output latency is.
Such a desperate, slimy shill. Do you really think people can't read a simple graph despite your attempts to confuse them?

Not really. It's great for the low power 3700X but not great on the 3900X if you actually utilize the cores.
You could always try it and upgrade later.

It is using the cheap Gigabyte fans, so unless the heatsink is very good then I wouldn't have high hopes.

Attached: cant hide this no matter how much you spam.png (934x531, 30K)

Yeah if its actually pulling 180w it aint all that hot. Anything much over 180w i find unacceptable because its hotter than hell where i live

still more useful than meme tracing

>>continues to try to deflect from that fact that Navi is 25% lower latency with Anti-lag off, and no one said anything about Anti-lag.
Pajeet i was only talking about anti-lag because you were shilling it. I never said navi was bad id like a 5700xt but anti lag is a meme and ive demonstrated that to you so feel free to stop replying any time

Yes it is marginally better than useless

It will probably only be sold in China. Looks cute af though.

The problem was stated multiple times.
But sure:
>have a vega 56 card, its running real unstable, crashing the entire PC in most cases, like benchmark or gaming, just blackscreen with no recovery, have to restart the PC and clear CMOS.
The rest of the PC ran fine for over 6 months.
The vega itself didn't have these issues for the while I was using it, but now it's literally unusable as the smallest shit causes a complete system crash.
Yes it's the GPU, I tested with an nvidia card and it ran with no issues.
I changed nothing from yesterday to today, no drivers no nothing.
So why the fuck is the GPU behaving lie it's dying tier? and how do I fix it.
Also the temps are most likely fine as with my cooling it was around 50-60C for the GPU and HBM.
But I noticed the VRM sensors which worked every single time, fine for as long as I had this card also now just show the value of 0.
So I have no idea whats causing this vega to behave in this manner.

I didn't ask for an undervolt guide.

The vega card is completly bonkers today and I have no idea why since it ran completely fine yesterday.

P.S I got samsung.

Attached: what the fuck.jpg (636x87, 29K)

Never said anything about anti-lag. You did. You're retarded and backpeddaling and moving goalposts now.

You can get Chinese cards on aliexpress and taobao. Aliexpress stopped trying to compete on price so is pretty pointless, thuogh.

Should I get a 1070 or a Vega 56 for $20 more?
The 1070 is a low end MSI and the vega 56 is a ref model.

Attached: where does he hope to go_.webm (854x480, 2.97M)

Is water cooling worth investigating or is it just a meme?

It was pulling 220 - 230w before I undervolted and oc'd.

pcpartpicker.com/product/gwPgXL/msi-mpg-x570-gaming-edge-wifi-atx-am4-motherboard-mpg-x570-gaming-edge-wifi
Is this a decent motherboard for the Ryzen 9 3900x?

Looking at this list all the timings are very high, does this mean that the CPU supports all timings *below* the ones stated?
So for example - 4400 19-19-19-39 down to 19-19-19-16? Or am I missing something here?

Attached: AMD qvl.png (976x645, 214K)

Do I get to show off what I built?

I guess the other thing being that it looks like it was made for vertical mounting but doesn't vertically mounting air cooled GPUs kind of suck?

Attached: water cooling.webm (960x544, 2.7M)

What motherboard should I get with a 3900x and Noctua DH-15?

Get a vega 56 if you can get a saphire pulse model

You moved the goalpost from antilag is good to oh it doesnt matter navi drivers are faster anyway when i was just talking about antilag itself. I get it youre trying to sell product. I was just here to let everyone known that anti lag on will get you a ms or two at high refresh and tim from hardware unboxed said in the video i posted it doesnt matter for high refresh competative gaming.

No, none at all, and if anyone says yes they are taking out their ass

Those do not exist in my country
It's either ref or that shitty gigabyte.

I said water cooling, not mountain-dew cooling.

Both are terrible options.

If you have to ask, you're too stupid to set up a loop.

It's hard to say which boards are best as they're still working out the BIOS.
MSI eventually had a great BIOS for 300 and 400 series boards so seems like a pretty safe call.

The one which fits your needs. If you have to ask, it seems like just getting the cheapest non-Gigabyte board would be fine for you.

vertical mount only sucks when the fans are within an inch of the side panel. Like the G3 kind of sucks for that reason if you have hot card, but I like the case. I wish they'd update it to have a mesh there. Otherwise there is generally no difference.
But yes, it's obviously made to be shown off.

Attached: thermaltake g3.jpg (1280x720, 126K)

How good is 7700k at 1.28 vcore with load line calibration to ambiguous "high" on gigabyte mobo

>nvme doesn't matter
>productivity doesn't matter
why is intel hellbent on shooting themselves in the foot?

Attached: 1564856704491.png (459x615, 143K)

At 4.8ghz* 100x48

>non-Gigabyte board
Why not gigabyte?

Attached: 1 matt.jpg (1224x1128, 312K)

This plus a drive and some fans. This build is for my mom doing Adobe illustrator and Photoshop work. Anything I'm missing? I don't think she needs gpu right?

Attached: Screenshot_20190803-133946__01.jpg (1080x2721, 446K)

How do I interpret these RAM timings?

Good at what?

My setup has a 1tb 7200 rpm sata3 and a 500gb 5400 rpm sata2 and both are really old, and both are making weird noises, I fear they both will die really soon, was planning to buy a 2tb 5400rpm. Though, I only have 8gb of ram and was thinking of buying another 8gb stick.
Should I get the new hdd or another ram stick?

how good of an OC

it's not delid. figure i can use this proc for like 4-5 more years even.

get a 3400g, better performance and thermals.

>If you haven't put your clock speeds back to normal,
it happens with both my undervolt and 100% stock clocks/voltages.

Also I am not entirely sure it's hardware issue last I used it yesterday it ran fine.
Today all this shit started happening, in that time nothing happened to the PC so I am more inclined to believe the drivers or something are just messed up.
But then again I did clean reinstall them and it didn't help, so I don't know.
Also community.amd.com/thread/219755

Yikes

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-02 Beyond Two Souls тест GPU CPU Action FPS TPS Тест GPU.png (720x857, 53K)

1.28 aint that high. 1.35 is high voltage

>this is the fault of amd and not the devs

>1.35 is high voltage
Not for Zen 2.

Not even AMD Unboxed can make the 3900X look good.

this thread sucks desu

What's the standard lazy build right now? 3700x with a RX 5700 XT?

be more subtle

Attached: 1564770744476.png (720x857, 82K)

>it's ok if i can't maintain 30FPS because it's the devs fault
>anything for my AMD!

Be more intelligent
No one gives a shit if there's an extra space
gamegpu.com/action-/-fps-/-tps/beyond-two-souls-test-gpu-cpu

You wouldn't even notice that while playing. Why are you guys so retarded? the 3900x is faster in everything else for around the same price.

No one asked, autist

bulldozer build with a 980ti senpai

It's more expensive and it's slower. If you buy the 3900X you are literally fucked up in the head.

That'll do alright, yes.
Having a scratch disk helps a ton for photoshop and similar applications.

>posting fake benchmarks again
Imagine evading a ban dozens of times just so you can keep spamming this garbage that no one cares about. No one is convinced to buy shitty hardware based on your obviously deceptive nonsense. If anything it just convinces people to buy AMD if people have to lie to try to prevent them from doing so.

Attached: firefox_2019-08-03_15-51-17.jpg (1834x1100, 245K)

Anything wrong with this shit before I buy it

pcpartpicker.com/list/r6k2zY

>it's slower.
It's not though. You won't notice any differences in gaming, but you will notice how much faster the 3900x is in everything else.

yes

HOW DO I INTERPRET THE RAM TIMINGS?

>you won't notice a 14% difference

just stfu

3600 + vega 56/5700

>150 fps instead of 165
wow bro

It's much more than 14%. Those are stock clocks, in the real world it's more like 30%

>pcpartpicker.com/list/r6k2zY
It'll work but I'd get a board with m.2 slots for more upgradability. Like the B450M Steel Legend. or TUF PRO.

no it means it fucking supports those DIMMs at those exact timings what the fuck. That's what they validated at.
And there is no 19-19-19-16 on there. There couldn't possibly be that timing as that timing can't possibly work.

3600+5700 really. Solid midrange and good value build. 3700x+5700XT tends to be overkill for most.