What can you do with a Pentium 4 in 2019?

What can you do with a Pentium 4 in 2019?

Attached: EF33F199-783B-47B6-BF79-BCE4E2794BE8.png (621x771, 634K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Bw2p-Dmn48U
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

space heater
budget win9x rig

Almost everything. Not being an impatient ADHD zoomer also helps

Space heater

youtube.com/watch?v=Bw2p-Dmn48U

Everything

>being a grown-up means waiting 30 seconds for your web browser to open
Nice cope, poorfag.

cook eggs

Throw it into the trash, where all intel cpu's belong.

Attached: trash-can.jpg (253x380, 15K)

When I saw this logo I was expecting a thread akin to the "bulldozer wasn't so bad after all" finewine bullshit, there'd have been about the same merit to such claim here.

Keychain.

leave in drawer.

Pentium 4? Forget Pentium 4, I still have a fuckin' Celeron D somewhere which not only is Netburst, it's a castrated Netburst.

>Oh no my web browser takes 30 seconds to open
Grow the fuck up, dumb kid

>I have nothing to do with my life except purposefully waste my time
Get a job, stinky NEET.

>He doesn’t read a few lines of SICP every time he has to wait for ye olde penty to do its magic
Cringe zoomed detected

Retro-gaming. Some Socket 478 boards still have ISA and SB-Audio pin headers. As long as the game is not from early 80s it will run just fine.

>Oh no my web browser takes 30 seconds to open
>Oh no my web browser takes 30 seconds to load a page
>Oh no my web browser takes 30 seconds to respond after I click on the page
>Oh no my web browser takes 30 seconds to open a link
You know, that shit piles up. We don't live forever.

If you think that's how slow a Pentium 4 is you're a dumbass fucking zoomer

> Some Socket 478 boards still have ISA
I think it's even bus-mastered, so sound shouldn't be a problem.
Then again, you can always go PCI+SB-LINK

Attached: 845GV-with-One-ISA-Motherboard-Support-Socket-478-CPU-2-PCI-Slots.jpg (718x519, 83K)

I literally ran P4 from 2007-2014 and yes, it is way too slow

Browse Jow Forums

Not if you put an SSD in the system

This isn't the 90's. Why would you want purposefully waste time waiting on your garbage can PC? Why would you have one in this day and age?

>you can always go PCI
But only with a proper card (anything with YMF7xx) if you want genuine OPL3 and not some shitty emulation

Attached: Yamaha_YMF724E-v.png (1024x973, 1.9M)

Obviously it wasn't THAT bad, but it is nowadays if you try to run any modern software which you pretty much have to do if you want to browse modern web on it.

I mean it WAS bad, but only in comparision with other CPUs at the time. It wasn't bulldozer which was cringe by design.

It only shows how bloated browsers and websites has become after 15 years.

It's easy to pass it off as bloat, but truth is, security is contributing a lot to it, all the encryption and signatures are heavy to process

Oh yes, I’m sure it’s those pesky signatures that slow down my electron text editor

You can do anything you’d do on a modern computer. Shit, with a dedicated GPU, you can have a good experience, as it will help a ton with web rendering, video decoding, etc...

Attached: 45B702BE-CCAF-44FB-A8CA-6CABA3C30CDE.png (990x682, 308K)

True, but you can't deny that web programmers and designers are now much less concerned when it comes to system specs of the end-user.

Literally everything.

see if you can beat my 10 yr old oc. Here is 3.9 24 hr stable. I got it up to 4.2 at one time but couldnt get it to make it through 3dmarks, had to pipe in some -4f air from outside with dryer vents to keep it cool

Attached: 3_9oc.jpg (2048x768, 223K)

I have a Cedar Mill 670 that does 4.6 on air (212 EVO).