My geocities didn't need all this shit, what is all this? am I being lied to?

My geocities didn't need all this shit, what is all this? am I being lied to?

Attached: wat.jpg (1865x921, 96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

yacy.net/en/index.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Welcome my son,
Welcome to the botnet.

Oh but I've been here, I was born before the effervescent cage formed around my sweet sweet internet. Back during the times when you could fully disconnect yourself from the real world through your keyboard!

It's been what, 10, 15, or was it 20 years? and all the summed knowledge of the world still can't come up with a solution to bring back the old internets way of life. What's it going to take?

Attached: 1556407283624.jpg (712x478, 59K)

It's never coming back, user.

>google
>functional
bullshit

Then let's at least make something better than this. Can this even be considered the epitome of features that satisfy entertainment, amusement, or form and function? I don't think the front pages of youtube and google search is even 50% satisfying. Where are those innovators?! we can do better. Any of you who are old enough to remember know this.

Attached: D1DWPwLWoAY13G8.jpg (1200x1200, 245K)

>am I being lied to?
Yes. I'm clearly blocking the script that makes that popup and the site works fine.

Those dickheads, how dare they gate me out like this? someone should send them a strongly worded email for their insolence.

>the express
this is the real problem here

Welcome to the botnet
We’ve got fun 'n' games
We got everything you want
Honey, we know your names
We are the OS that will share
All you have and more
If you got the Kaby, baby
We got your backdoor

In the botnet
Welcome to the botnet
Watch it bring you to your
Knees, knees
I’m gonna log your screen

Welcome to the botnet
We own you day by day
If you want it you’re gonna bleed
But it’s the price you pay
And we’re a very sexy girl
We like to be on top
You will taste our forced updates
And you can’t get us to stop

In the botnet
Welcome to the botnet
Feel my, my, my telemetry
I wanna see your screen

Welcome to the botnet
It gets worse here every day
Ya learn to live without privacy
In the botnet where we play
If we got a hunger for what we see
We’ll take it eventually
We can have anything we want
So you better believe it’s not free

In the botnet
Welcome to the botnet
Knees, knees
I’m gonna log your screen

And once you’re in we’ll never
Ever let you get out, get out, out yeah
You know where you are?
You’re in the botnet, baby
You’re gonna die

In the botnet
Welcome to the botnet
Knees, knees.

I like it, we should do a Jow Forums sings sometime or something.

I think the botnet is probably smaller than we think it is though. Like it wasn't very possible on the old internet, since goolge didn't index everything yet. But then again, I don't think google's index is as all encompassing as we think it is. They prioritize the most popular websites, and maintain that popularity by making sure that's the main place people are going. I don't think fringe sites are as easy for them to scrape data on, nor do they likely store it as long.

TLDR we should create some good old fashioned web rings or linked communities of smaller fringe websites to exist apart from google.

>we should create some good old fashioned web rings or linked communities of smaller fringe websites to exist apart from google
This really is a very good idea

>t. norf f.c. lad

Attached: 544.png (680x587, 152K)

Shuda bort L'kakku insted. Wot they doin ov?

A network enabled suckless markup language/server/viewer could be written to be lightweight for low bandwidth situations. The format would end up being similar to web2

nice idea

I think honestly we should just start searching up and saving good fringe websites/content then work out how we want to hook it all together outside of google. Get our own search engine going that only searches sites within that section of the internet.

create a web crawler which can differentiate between what exactly. We are trying to find something quite nuanced.

I'm saying we only index our own curated group of websites.

Is it pronounced geo-city or does it rhyme with atrocity

Attached: 9d5.png (2688x2688, 173K)

Its pronounced 'Geo-City' yes.

yacy.net/en/index.html

Why would anyone need a search engine on a private network? I guess if it was huge but still, even if it's a company you would know exactly what you're looking for since you work there riiiight???

>reading the daily express
Have some self respect lad.

>yacy.net/en/index.html
hmm, neat. Not sure what Israel has to do with video games, but I guess this is the unconnected demo search. could probably do a better job of curating content myself though.

oops forgot my image

Attached: yacy.jpg (1860x932, 236K)

Botnet arguments are useless because all of your data is already compromised

someone make a degaussing cannon and fire it at google's datacenters