Unleaded solder bad. leaded solder good

>unleaded solder bad. leaded solder good.

Attached: me.png (300x275, 62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hackaday.com/2019/03/26/ask-hackaday-get-the-lead-out-or-not/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

why are you breathing in the fumes ffs
also unleaded solder isn't as stable
>silver whiskers

>regular laptop bad. thinkpad good

The fumes don't contain lead. Fumes from lead free solder are actually worse.

Leaded solder does not produce lead fumes. But it's stupid to use lead when unnecessary.

Enjoy your shitty joints and tin whiskers.

>also unleaded solder isn't as stable
wrong
l2solder, faggot

I did. That's why I know not to use pure tin like a jackass. Fuck California.

leaded is better
no whiskers, cheaper, looks shiny and cool
shame its banned
t.EUcuck

ITT people who are too retarded to solder with leadfree solder.

I remember all those gpus relased around 2008 ish dying because of lead free solder

I've literally soldered SMD components on custom PCBs that went into space. I used leadfree solder without any issues. People complaining about it are brainlets.

ALL new GPUs use lead free solder for ages now. Is it big news? no, because leadfree just works.

yeah, it's been improved since then

I don't give a shit what you've done the wrong way. I'll do my shitty soldering the right way.

Praise Nvidia bumpgate!
Praise the EPA!

Damnit! Now aliens will never visit us because your lead free garbage is on display, making us look bad!

use more flux

Attached: 1563938526401.jpg (680x670, 50K)

>learned soldering using lead-free
>practiced until I was good (while using non-chinked soldering irons)
>mfw Jow Forums - consumer electronics is shit at soldering and has to compensate

Attached: 1552561727880.png (835x900, 593K)

Based

>all of my solder blobs are enormous
>all my my soldering looks like hell
>I require Rossmann™ levels of flux

This.
hackaday.com/2019/03/26/ask-hackaday-get-the-lead-out-or-not/

Lol do you even solder professionally? I know that lead is easier to solder but if you have some experience leadfree isn't hard to do right.

Ok, what is the best lead-free solder alloy? 63/37 is very nice for leaded solder, but what about for lead-free?

What iron are you lads using? Should I just get a TS80?

unironically yes. unsoldered lead is dogshit and breaks. I always make sure to buy the leaded stuff.

Just get a proper soldering station like the Hakko FX888.

Doesn't matter, as long as it gets warm.
Really. If you are no professional and have to use that shit every single day there is no point in getting some expensive iron. Sure, they are more comfy, but they do not make your joints better

Lead-free solder increases the entry hurdle to soldering massively.
You need separate flux from your solder, as well as a more expensive soldering station.
This aids in making repairs harder, which companies certainly love. Old devices are a cake-walk to repair and leaded solder is one of the reasons.

t. added a donor USB-port to an irreplaceable and damaged USB dongle. The donor board is completely fucked because desoldering lead-free solder is a complete bitch.

At the very least, get one for thirty bucks that actually keeps its temperature.
I started out with a five buck piece of shit that constantly fluctuated in temperature. Getting a proper iron was a fucking revelation.