Should I cut my micro sim into a nano manually or should I get some store shmuck to do it

Should I cut my micro sim into a nano manually or should I get some store shmuck to do it

Attached: 79556296-three-types-of-gsm-sim-cards-mini-sim-micro-sim-and-nano-sim-compatibility-issue-on-many-sm (1300x867, 70K)

buy a cutter and become the store schmuck

Doesn't your carrier have a service for that? Some stores can do that shit too.

Get a $3 punch on Amazog and do it yourself.
I did mine, ezpz

Get a store shmuck, if you want to do it yourself you need a cutter

Based NPC, spending money and wasting multiple days on a 30-second operation.

Your network will almost certainly provide a replacement SIM for you (even if you're only on a prepaid plan). I just needed to give them the number printed on the SIM card and they sent out a 3-in-one trio SIM for free.

I just did it myself with some scissors and it worked fine

go to your telco, ask for a nano sim, account info transferred to new sim's identification. and then congratulations: you've now done things in a non-fucking retarded way.

>Doesn't your carrier have a service for that? Some stores can do that shit too.
they all do. they just transfer your account info to support the new sim. op is just a stupid fucking moron.

...and lost 20$

>spend an afternoon going to a carrier store
>do it yourself for free in 30 seconds with a pair of good scissors
I cut my sim down for my blackberry passport. No reason to complicate things with involving other people. Its stupid simple, basically fool proof. You're only cutting metal on one tiny corner.

Get a pair of scissors and do it. Don't be a fucking pussy.

> $20
> to change a SIM
your telco is fucking you in ass with no lube. what an absolute scam. $20 for SIM! lmao.

Verizon hands out SIM cards for free if you're a customer already

I don't wanna leave the basement, god damn it

I don't know what shithole you live in, but in EU I just bought the cheapest 1 € pre-paid SIM from same carrier and it let me transfer my old number onto it.

CUT MY SIM INTO PIECES
SO IT FITS IN MY PHONE

no joke ive been using the same full sized sim card i got in 2009 but cutting it down every time i've gotten a phone with a smaller sim. its gone through like six different phones. i just used a pair of scissors and very very steady fingers, especially since you have to cut off some of the gold contacts to fit it in a nano sim slot

but just do it, worse case scenario you break it and have to go into the store and get a new one anyways

Cut mine with scissors and three years later it still werkz.

Attached: 1564518912292.png (1170x658, 380K)

I just used scissors. It didn't come out looking great but it works the same.

Cut it yourself, it worked just fine for me.

Fucking use scissors and do it yourself. It's not rocket science. How infantile are you that you can't figure this out? I mean little offence, but how pussified is our society that this even needs to be asked.

You don't need a $3 premade cutter. You don't need to waste an hour to take it to a vendor who will cut it for you.

Also, you might need to sand it down to make it thinner, I had to.

Pretty common in the US.

And then they rape you in the ass every month on your bill.

It works though. Everything outside of the little area with the contacts is just plastic on a modern SIM.

this killed me

Imagine getting a phone from your carrier.
What a fucking retard

Whats a trio sim?

Attached: 1424468231507.jpg (1335x2048, 373K)

Search engine, fuckface.

Attached: Bi8pWjY.jpg (2048x2048, 365K)

Same

changing your sim card is fucking free why would you risk breaking it at all

Exactly. I get a SIM kit from my carrier for about $20 and put the SIM in my factory unlocked phone. The SIMs they sell are in carrier cards with 3 sizes of punch out that fit back together so you can move it to a phone needing a larger SIM.
The whole card is credit card sized and puts the SIM in the right position for if you ever found a phone that takes a full size SIM.
The first punch out is a mini SIM.
Inside that there's a micro SIM.
And inside that is the actual thing itself, a nano SIM.
Everything outside the nano SIM is just plastic.

Mini SIMs like they sell in flip phones are the same minus the punched/perforated outline, so if you cut a nano SIM size around the contacts with scissors it makes a working nano SIM. I did one by using a nano to micro and micro to mini cutout adapter from that sort of SIM, to trace the outline of a nano SIM onto a mini SIM with a pencil and cut it with scissors. It cut off a millimeter or so of contact but it was the correct size and worked well.

I cut mine and it didn't work. Don't risk it.

Attached: 1559669268822.png (456x465, 444K)

Don't waste your time going to a store, they don't cut SIMs they just issue different ones

i drew outlines on the simcard with those and proceed to cut with scissors.
works.

I cut mine and it did work. Go for it.

Do if yourself with scissors idiot. Thats what the store reps do

Jow Forums how am I supposed to parrot you if you don't agree with each other

Then just use scissors to cut it, Ive done it multiple times, works fine.
Take it slow and check every cut and it will work.

Get some good scissors and do it yourself. I went to a store that did mine with a cutter, much worse job than what I managed to do with a scissor on another.

Have sex

Manually with scissors, even I can fucking do it and if you saw my joins you'd probably want to kill yourself.