Manjaro?

Don't here much about Manjaro on Jow Forums. Any particular reason for that? I've been told its like what Ubuntu is for Debian, Manjaro is for Arch. Is that accurate? What does Jow Forums think?

Attached: Antu_distributor-logo-manjaro.svg.png (1024x1024, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rentry.co/manjaro-controversies
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

rentry.co/manjaro-controversies

>Don't here much about Manjaro on Jow Forums.
It was the distro du-jour about 6 months ago.
Arch-fags hate Manjaro because of ''''''bloat''''''.
Debian-fags hate Manjaro because muh stability.

Attached: archcuck.jpg (1024x768, 398K)

>Don't here much about Manjaro on Jow Forums.
You don't?

i dont personally ever recommend manjaro, arch is eliteist for a reason, and shouldnt be used as a base for a distro imo

>I've been told its like what Ubuntu is for Debian, Manjaro is for Arch
Almost, but Debian is not Arch. With Debian you can get a working system with a DE by just clicking your mouse button. So Manjaro makes a little more sense than Ubuntu.

>install Manjaro KDE
>ok I guess except ugly defaults and bloat (Pacman™ icon in my tray along with "kernel manager")
>update to latest software (which is supposedly checked for stability so it's usually a week behind Arch)
>Reboot
>All desktop fonts completely fucked

So this is the power of Manjaro®

Yeah I just had this problem which prompted me to ask this... Not sure what distro to actually use. Trying to move past ubuntu but it seems to be most comfy...

So you would recommend just switching to Arch? Isn't everyone memeing on Arch?

See

kek using it now...
Time for a new distro, any recommendations?

It's the kind of intermediate level distro, you use as a stepping stone between entry-level distros like Mint/Ubuntu and "l33t" distros like "real" Arch, only to give up and come back to Debian long term support or something based on it.

The whole rolling release thing makes it a bit unreliable for my taste to use a daily driver. Since there's a possibilty of an update fucking up your shit.

this is a bit outdated considering yaourt isn't a thing anymore (we use yay now) but I just don't feel like any of this is true. Forums, youtube, and the arch wiki helped me as a beginner. I have been using it for 2.5 years now.

Endeavour OS, which is the spiritual successor of Antergos, or just stop being lazy and install Arch. dont forget to setup a dotfiles repo.

I use manjaro because I wanted something that was up to date but also easy to use. Arch is good but I dont really have the time to be doing the install from a cli. Also you dont have to update every week, who wrote this bs? Ive been using manjaro for about a year and a half now. No major problems

Fedora if you want leading-edge software. Debian if you want super stable (stable meaning things don’t change, not no bugs).

Ubuntu is a happy medium between bleeding edge and stable. The more I distrohop the more I find myself coming back to Ubuntu and Ubuntu-based distros.

Nothing on ubuntu is bleeding egde. Even the devs recommended other distros in the past when that was priority.

this
even ubuntu doesn't update vlc anymore and want you to use shitty vlc snap for that

>Manjaro is for Arch
not rly

>rolling release distro
>You need to make sure your system is always up to date
this is false. you can update once a week or once a year, arch will still work, but manj is not arch so it need additional input

>it need
it might need

xubuntu lts

what input?

idk they usually ask in the irc, something like manually update keyring or something manj specific