Will SSD prices go up or down

so fucking confused, I don't wanna buy one now only to see it fall 40% by October or some bullshit

Attached: 1564559623112.png (390x348, 125K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cnbc.com/2019/07/23/japan-south-korea-dispute-impact-on-semiconductor-supply-chain-prices.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If you're so strapped for cash that this is a legitimate concern of yours, you probably can't afford it either way.

If it gets cheaper then I will get another one to fill my other m.2 slot.

I got fucked so hard. Bought a 250GB in 2017 for $80~ and now today the same brand/model 500GB is $60

they seem to only go down

Will go up by end of the year due to that power cut that killed loads of chips.

True.
I was considering the 1TB 860 Evo, it went from $208 to $172 here.
Fuck it, I'll lay it off for another year.

Imagine being this poor.

Attached: scum.jpg (1181x897, 108K)

privileged dog

I just have a job that pays more than minimum wage. If you can't manage this then stop buying computer hardware.

I'm a NEET.

Get a cheap $20 one for main bootdrive if you're booting off an HDD, and hold off for a cheaper 1TB drive later on, don't let yourself suffer under the tyranny of an HDD bootdrive

just give up on it. it's a deadend technology just like usb-c or oled

I imagine prices will continue going down. Around christmas time of 2017 I bought an 860 evo 500GB for IIRC ~$125. Now you can get 1TB for $100 or less. It's the same trend we've seen for years and years with all sorts of flash memory stuff from SD cards to USB drives, etc. Remember when a lot of stuff couldn't work with SD cards higher than 2GB?

There is an added concern now though, which is that QLC shit. And nand type isn't something commonly listed on shop site spec sheets, unfortunately, so you have to do extra research to make sure you get half-decent nand instead of thinking you're getting a good deal but then ending up with some bullshit that's actually slow and grinds to sub-HDD levels at like 75%

you can get a 1TB NVMe SSD for like $100
NVMe has nearly reached the point where it's the same price as sata SSDs, +/- $12

Because NVME is easier to make and doesnt require a stupid enclosure.

Doesnt even make sense not getting at least 1 NVME nowadays, if your system supports it.

>use an nvme drive
>it reaches 10 billion degrees Celsius
yeah nah

How poor do you have to be to stress over a ~100 dollar purchase. Just buy it now you faggot and who cares what the price does in a couple months.

You'll see prices go up OP. Japan and South Korea are having a pissing match which will make semiconductor prices skyrocket. Buy now or regret it later.

cnbc.com/2019/07/23/japan-south-korea-dispute-impact-on-semiconductor-supply-chain-prices.html

I care more about large hdd’s now. Once you have a few ssd’s for boot drives its fine.

eBay you fucking retard
Samsung ssds are cheap.

Attached: 6FBA6231-AD33-4CD2-A45A-C98CF557B33F.gif (399x152, 135K)

Then kys it’s time. You’re on Jow Forums rather than finding some side cash. What a waste of time and skin

Attached: 3D37C63C-6CF1-41DD-BCBE-2A6263206B95.gif (349x165, 1.94M)

the use of superior storage technology for two full years isn't worth $20 to you?

Imagine spending your food allowance on mixed low end PC parts

What can I expect to see on black Friday?

What the fuck? How?

Samsung's products are clearly laid out and they're the best SSDs money can buy so that's good.

Enjoy overheating at 1488c bro
Based, I'm never switching from SATA SSDs.

>for SATA 2.5"
They're already at alltime-low, market is flooded with competition. This is likely the bottom
>for SATA m.2 and nvme m.2
May drop some more, but since the japs and gooks are at each others throats again, storage *may* become more expensive again, following RAM prices.

Conclusion: if you want to buy, buy now. I'd recommend a crucial mx500 , sandisk ultra3d /WD blue (same product, WD owns sandisk now) for 2.5" drives. For nvme, stick to TLC drives. "Tech Deals" on youtube has a current nvme drive market overview aswell.

I bought a 120gb kingston SSD because I don't need that much fucking space. What the hell do you guys even fill it up with? I'm so thankful I can now opening Chrome, Atom, and Postman in under two seconds now.

The time you spend waiting is meaningless in the long run. Just buy what you need now, unless you're going to buy thousands of units for some niche reason.

I had a shitty 128gb drive RMA'd and sent back to me that i use as a windows boot drive that i havent used in like half a year. 128gb is enough for most things (hell i have 32gb in my c720) but gaymes can easily run 50gb+ wherein lies the need to have larger storage.

Oh, so it's filthy /v/ermin complaining about ssd prices... Eww.

>Get paid triple the minimum wage plus tip
>Never have time to game longer than 2 hours
Bros it wasn't worth it

I need it for launching bidio games

>making a fuss about $20

>I just have a job
>on Jow Forums
Timestamp your paycheck or it didn't happen

It's not gold you're buying. Even if the price drops, you could have saved $50 at most. Boo hoo.

>Fuck it, I'll lay it off for another year.
Wise.

Recommend me a 1tb nvme drive that doesn't drop to pre-ssd speeds after a few GBs of writes.

whats wrong with qlc?

Fucking slow and shit endurance

970 evo pro. Go with true 1/2bit cells (pro is 2). Be known that it can drive its heat up pretty high during long sequential processes. Some have such cells as buffers which keep the read/write going p fast for a while.

>Go with true 1/2bit cells
Most online shops don't even let you filter flash types. I'm getting bored of reading endless reviews only to find out their sequential write benchmark is like 4gb or something so you don't even know what the write speed drops to after the cache is full. Are there some direct competitors to the Evo Pro?

>1tb SSDs are now under £100
just buy one, jesus. I jumped ship when they were £100 for 500gb and even that was insane considering 2 years earlier you'd have paid that for a 120gb.

in combination with a HDD-based NAS for cheap mass storage, the SSD is an essential upgrade.

>buy Samsung 120gb SSD in 2012 for $149 AUD
>$149 AUD now gets you 500gb-1TB depending on brand
Jeez, technology evolves if you didn't know.

Lol not really. As far as 2/1 bit cells go it's at the top end of things without the price becoming extremely ridiculous.

they've been going down for years and will continue too.