/spg/ - Smartphone General

Best Phone Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget, and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: IMG_20190803_17455002.jpg (2960x2058, 1.08M)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/realmemobiles/status/1157178687185412103
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Will the mi 9t still be good in like 3 years or should I wait for the pro variant instead?

>Best Phone
>not a viable option for burgers
Stop making me suffer

What phone should my mum buy if all she cares about is removable storage and a good camera that does well in low light? I tried to persuade her to buy the pixel 3a but that has no removable storage. Tried the sell her on the galaxy s10e but she finds that too expensive. What are the good alternatives? She's a penny pincher so chances are she'll go with weak performance specs and shitty build quality in order to get the camera and removable storage at a low cost but so be it.

There's a Mi 9t pro?

Why isn't the Mi 9T Pro coming wtfffffff

>Best Phone
>MIUI

pick one

Motorola One Vision

Unironically the Mi A3, it was designed specifically for penny-pinching middle aged women who care about the camera and nothing else.

This. I don't understand how people can stand to use these skins on the daily. I can barely stand Samsung's and it's supposed to be of the better ones. Best phone would've been the Oneplus pro if the traitors didn't abandon the jack.

Maybe if they release something similar on Android One, or I guess you can buy it at its end of life after it's marked down though I don't know if you can flash Linage on these Chinese phones with their bootloaders not liking that and all.

If you don't know how to install a new launcher like nova you don't deserve to talk about phones.

How's camera on that (or pro version)

Both of these look promising thanks gents.

Agreed, it isn't fair. Just put more bands in, you can jam em all up in there

Based on your criteria is the 3a a good choice?

The

What's your pick?

Is pic related actually as good as it sounds? Or am I falling for chinkphone shills?

Attached: Hb098585b395843659249a900c50dd10ba[1].jpg (1000x690, 86K)

I don't understand it either. I couldn't tolerate that shit. That's why I'm a Motochad.

>notch
>rounded off screen corners
>single shitty downward speaker
*barf*
Why is every new phone this exact same recipe of shit?

I'd say a discounted Samsung S9, or a discounted Oneplus 6/6T depending on how much you get triggered by the notch and the headphone jack, 6 has big notch and a jack, 6T has small tear-drop notch and no jack. A discounted Note 9 is also a choice if you're willing to go a bit higher. Nothing new really caught my eye, though I generally prefer buying phones later.

What about the bixby button? You remap it?

I need an unlocked phone for work. Something under roughly 450. Any thoughts?

bought the galaxy s10 recently, how well am I able to protect my data with this? Google already knows too much about me.

>3a
Wait, I misread that. I thought you were talking about the Mi A3. If you meant the Pixel 3A, it has a good screen so it would depend if you care about the weaker chip.

I never found the button to be that big of an issue.

Thanks for the clarification. I'm on an axon 7 now and primarily interested in switching because I'm moving to an area where I'll need more bands than it has. I'll need another phone so I can make a proper decision on carrier, but I feel like if I wait a bit, something perfect will come out for my precise tastes.

>though I don't know if you can flash Linage on these Chinese phones with their bootloaders not liking that and all.
are you completely fucking new to this general?

Don't you like have to go to their website and ask for their permission to unlock the bootloader or some shit? I never cared about these Chinese brands or anything related to them but I guess I've started to change my attitude towards them a bit recently.

>Don't you like have to go to their website and ask for their permission to unlock the bootloader or some shit? I never cared about these Chinese brands or anything related to them but I guess I've started to change my attitude towards them a bit recently.
yes, you have to register on their website, and depending on where you live/what model of phone you bought you will have to wait a period of time before the tool will unlock the bootloader
you have to go to Moto's website to unlock the bootloader for their phones as well, its becoming more and more of a common practice

>installing a new launcher
>fixes all the under the hood bloat, let alone the system menus

go home, kid

My HTC 10's gone haywire, looking for recs for a simple daily driver (scheduling, maps, finance) - type-c, metal body - reliable battery, screen no bigger than 5.5", cheap enough considering ill be using it as little as possible

Attached: dasrite.gif (500x204, 965K)

just get a HTC U12 Life

whats the best/fastest quickcharging implementation or standard, have DASH at the moment but wondering if there are better ones?
what phones come with the biggest battery/use time between charges?

Oneplooos

Pixel 3/XL are $300 off rn

Good deal?

I bought a pixel 3a from a homeless woman, did I waste my money?

You'd be better off buying a xiaomi mi9 or mi mix 3.

Better specs, adequate band support depending on the carrier, and a hell of alot cheaper.

swapping this out with hydrogenos hoping I'd get rid of the chinkshit and just slap on gcam. pretty unreal value I got this for $165 with shipping included

>chink shit

nah

So you've used the vanilla ROM, then? How has it been so far? I'm looking for a new daily driver since I fucked up my screen.

>Fiancé wants new iPhone XS Max because her iPhone 5 broke
>Went to the Apple Store after work and got her one with a new pair of headphones because she loves podcasts
>Decide to prank her so I go to Walmart and buy a $99 Samsung phone, if she hates it I can just kept it as an emergency phone inside the car
>Get home and hide the Apple Store bag under the driver seat
>Give her the Walmart bag with the Samsung A10e
>She’s not even mad and even cried because I remember she needed a new phone
>She’s even learning how to use it and watching YouTube tutorials
Do I tell her bros?...

Attached: 1A38D3A2-B1A1-40BB-8E3B-9BEEE55BDA98.jpg (2048x1536, 1.32M)

>cries when gets a gift
>has to watch tutorials to figure out how to use a smartphone
I think you're about to marry an actual retard.

Attached: 54pvitwfnor21.gif (190x182, 2.36M)

>incel seething because he can’t score a cute gf
cumbrain

based

obvious samecuck is obvious.

Attached: 1554607054803.jpg (491x488, 19K)

Rog phone 2 brah
>huge battery
>120 Hz oled
>stock ui
>3.5mm jack
>who cares about camera get a nikon d3400 with the kit lens if you want to take pictures other than birthday party and travel snapshits
I'd buy this phone if I didn't have the s9+ already. I'm likely never getting samshit again but it's not bad enough to make me throw away a 1.5 year old phone

hate how everyone tries to hide the notch with dark colors just at the right spot!!!!

>this
But retards are cute and women aren't supposed to be smart anyway. Give her the iphone and keep the samsung phone

Not yet.
I have a 9T coming in the post. Should be here soon.

Not him but Rog Phone 2 is
>too big
>too expensive
>ugly gamer aesthetic
Of course if none of these things are an issue to you then yes it is the king of smartphones right now.

My phone's battery health is at 96% (4,805mAh out of 5,000mAh) What percentage would be considered bad for a battery that big? The battery on my last phone went to absolute shit due to fast charging, don't want the same to happen to my current phone

>too big
Fair enough
>too expensive
Wasn't it supposed to be like $500 in china and $800 for the US version? Sure that's a lot of money for a phone but it's comparable to the rest of the market.
>gamer aesthetic
I agree, but I'd rather get an ugly phone that has all the features I want than a notched no jack abomination.

i dont get why phones have to have the weird bottom bezel thickness, like ffs make it equal all the way around, i cant imagine why it wasnt possible to make it even. its the only reason im still waiting to upgrade from my s5

Bought an LG V35 for 325 plus shipping from Amazon. How did I do bros?

Attached: b940927.jpg (800x786, 49K)

I have a G6+ and I don't like Lenovo/Motorola as much anymore since the last major update, where everyone was locked out of their phone and left with no choice but a factory reset.

Obviously if you are going to be flashing roms, that won't matter to you.

Display controller. It's possible to curve the end of an oled screen and put the controller under it like apple is doing it, but it's expensive

Is the Note 9 still a good buy? What's a reasonable price for a brand new one?

I would have personally went for the v40 because it is around the same price and because Amir over on audiosciencereview measured it. It's DAC is better than most desktop dedicated ones. Not that the v35's isn't but we know for sure the v40's is.
So even in 5 years when you get a new phone you can still just plug it into your desktop and use it as a "sound card"/DAC as it's able to fully resolve CD quality audio which is as high as we will ever need for all time.
On the other hand my only friend got a v30 a year or so ago and he just came over yesterday. God it was so nice. Totally blown away by it compared to my motorola g5s which I thought was still pretty good.
I'd say you did 9/10 good.
It's rootable though... right?

the "global rom" is a complete piece of shit. had to flash chinese rom since it would fix the shitty camera app and the performance issues and would improve them (160k~ only on antutu with global and 170k~ on CN). that and only the chinese rom gets updates since its not released globally, aka pajeetland

I have a Samsung Note 3 that's still going strong today with a pajeet version of LineageOS 16, everything works except Bluetooth calling and the IR blaster (but I never use those features anyway).

Is it worth to upgrade now with a budget of $200? Or should I keep saving up? I'm in no rush to upgrade. I'm considering getting a Xiaomi Redmi 7, but, with T-Mobile, as my provider I'm I going to get decent 4g speeds?

Attached: 1554100085448.png (552x688, 358K)

Chinkphones are leading the market
The P30 Pro will demolish the Pixels when it comes to photography, they have new hardware on it, much bigger sensors

It's $500 for the Tencent edition chinked to oblivion, the regular one goes for $900. It's too much, all thanks to the stupid ROG brand. ROG products always sell at a steep premium for no reason.

Cheaper than the iPhone at least.

Where should I get a case for my k20 I'm afraid of dropping it so I barely take it out while outside

>$900
Well that's quite disappointing. It's basically an extortion fee for not purposefully fucking up the product by removing features or adding a notch. I noticed the same shit with clothes too, you actually have to pay more money for tshirts and sweaters that don't have autistic text and graphics or metal pieces or little leather accents on them. They pretty much go out of their way to fuck up the lower end products.

Shirt with monetized logos x
Plain shirt 1.2x

Go home kid.

>chink shit
>nah
Your Pixels are Chinese as well genius. It means nothing because they have a selling point of being developer friendly devices, so you can get a custom ROM and microG running to avoid as much data mining as possible.

Attached: 1564984259664.png (768x576, 452K)

Anything's cheaper than iShit

Custom ROMs are for homos
I want an excellent, secure stock experience out of the box
that leaves Pixels and Samsungs only for Android, the rest are Chinese developed.

>i dont get why phones have to have the weird bottom bezel thickness
>its the only reason im still waiting to upgrade from my s5
Lol, your S5 has an enormous bottom bezel compared to modern phones and you're not complaining. Apple patented the technology and I'd suggest you don't torture yourself any further and get a usable phone.

>Is the Note 9 still a good buy?
It will be an even better buy if these new Lineage OS builds become official and they've just fixed some of the main issues couple of weeks ago.

>boohoo boohoo hu hu I don't want anything Chinese
>I should like care about data spying and dat shit
>gets offered an alternative
>das gay mang
Bye.

Heavily considering just buying the K20 Pro without waiting for the Mi 9T Pro. Will there be any differences in terms of ROMs in the future?

Oh Jesus is this real

Attached: images.jpg (768x399, 19K)

Lineage isn't sexy.

get a open box LG G7 ThinQ and get over to XDA

twitter.com/realmemobiles/status/1157178687185412103

Are you ready /spg/?

Megapixlels mean nothing, it's all about having bigger sensors like Huawei is doing with the Mate 30 Pro

>those fucking replies

Attached: 1552971649614.webm (422x236, 2.63M)

Not a thing outside of India, so, why even bring it up?

>tfw 3 days down from my 7 day waiting period to unlock my rn7
i can't do it man.. i can't use that piece of shit bloat miui for another 4 days...

this is the brown hobbes and shaw...

Comfiest custom font to use? What's your favorite?

>all of the replies are from pajeets

are your anuses ready?

Redmi Note 8 is in works and will be powerful, claims Lu Weibing

it will be powerful!!!!!

pixel 3axl for 450eur in euroland y/n? Don't want meme glass backs and meme notches, seems like only sensible choice

Is AUD720 for an LG V40 worth going for?

I will never understand the hate for MIUI.

Luckily Xiaomi bootloaders are easily unlockable and I can flash cleaner ROMs. But yeah MIUI isn't utter shit unless you get ads.

Ok pajeet

Anyone?

What would /spg/ reccomend if chosing between a new Redmi Note 7 (4x128gb) for 180, or a used Huawei Mate 10 Pro (6x128gb) for 120?

The used one is in fine but used condition, offered by my friend who's got a new phone now.

Attached: sad cat phone.jpg (540x408, 29K)

Mate 10 Pro for the infinitely better cameras

Depends on the work

is the s10e worth it? I don't like huge phones

>Want to buy new phone
>Want to buy new pc parts
>Dont do anything besides browse Jow Forums on both

What is the best Windows phone to buy and use nowadays?

P30 lite(48 mp version) or galaxy a50
or else?

Got a K20 pro a few days ago and I'm super happy with it. Use Nova Launcher because I used it on my Mi A1 for a couple years and it did the job well. Full screen with gestures is super nice.

Not exactly smartphone-related, but maybe one of you knows.
I'm looking for a rather new (2017+) smart watch with a SIM slot. When I say "smart watch", I'm looking for a watch with an independent cellular connection, GPS, and the ability to send GPS coordinates when triggered (via SMS, webhook, whatever).
All other abilities are fine, but not required.
To clarify:
- SIM
- GPS
- Send coordinates when triggered remotely (e..g SMS)

A colorful screen, touch, etc are fancy and all, but I'd prefer a longer lasting battery.

And no, I don't want one of those find-my-child watches, its meant for an adult.

Attached: download.jpg (182x277, 6K)