Libre hardware thread

Thinking about getting pic related(store.vikings.net/ryf-certified-hardware/d16-ryf-certfied) for a custom, libre build.
gonna get it with 32gb of ram and one 16 core 6284se opteron. gonna do light games like xonotic, compile stuff, do some cycles rendering in blender... stuff like that.
For the gpu I'll get a gtx 780ti, as it works without proprietary firmware and has good support for the free nouveau drivers which work good enough if you manually clock it to maximum clock when you use it (will just use an alias or something).
Post nice ideas for a libre build.

Attached: VKGS-MB-D16_1_RYF-200x200.jpg (200x200, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.vikings.net/wndrrouter
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>$1,000+ for old meme shit
I think the real kike here is people who market privacy to people like us

>privacy
I'm not getting it for privacy, i'm getting it for freedom

Why would you spend $1000 for something that's going to run just as well as a $20 laptop from 2005?

I'd rather spend that kind of money on a Raptor Blackbird system. The 8 core Power9 has SMT4, it supports DDR4 and was the first to put PCIe 4 on a production board. Just about everything on it is open. And it performs like a modern CPU. I threw out an Opteron system a couple of years back because the performance was shit. I got better performance from a single CPU Xeon 2680 v2 than a pair of Opteron 6220s.

I'd just libreboot an x60 or something, those libreboot servers are too much for a single user.

Is it freedom to pay 1000€ to some pedophile tranny jews for ten year old hardware? Anyway you are by far the biggest cuck I've seen on this bord in a long time.

Attached: I8PiUDv.jpg (1920x1080, 346K)

How well does this board support NetBSD?

No, that's not freedom. Freedom would be a open source FPGA running open source core.
This is not privacy either, it's just as vulnerable as most vulnerabilities are software and human stupidity.

As well as it supports any other X86 board.

No forget about RISC V

user, get at least 4 sticks of ram for every CPU and get 1600mhz registered ECC ram. this maximise bandwidth.

as for the CPU, get a 63xx series. you will need proprietary microcode either way to be secure either in the os or bios.

build with coreboot, not libreboot since that shit is outdated as fuck.

try get a 6386se since that's miles better.

get a r9 290 or something like that or maybe even a Vega or Navi card since amd gpu drivers are in kernel and open source.

I'm building this system myself user, am waiting chink parts.

>open source
>freedom
Nice try, IBM.

oh yea and if you don't need x86, get a power9 system from raptor engineering

MAKE SURE YOU BUILD IT YOUSELF YOU UTTER TWAT

freedumb

Attached: crapple shatbook librebutt muh freedumbs.jpg (3024x4032, 1.36M)

This looks pretty neat for 35.00
store.vikings.net/wndrrouter

I just missed the PowerPC thread because I didnt knew what it was about :(

>wanted to get a 6386 SE because cheap reg memory and lanes
>regular 1600 slams it in everything

Attached: 1527825420008.jpg (1055x1067, 167K)

what do you mean by this 'slams it in everything???'

Huh. What model is that?

MacBook 2,1, it's a core 2 duo one it's about the same as the x200 internally

close but same c2d/chipset as the t60, with the same 3.2gb-ish ram limit. actually more Free since atheros wifi is stock