Front or Rear mounted fingerprint sensors...

Front or Rear mounted fingerprint sensors. Personally like the front because I can have my phone unlocked as I'm picking it up.

Attached: Screenshot_20190805-011518__01.jpg (932x434, 72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2017/02/a-nasa-engineer-is-required-to-unlock-his-phone-at-the-border/516489/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I really don't care either way.

Rear or side will the the only options soon with edge to edge phones, so that's really a more relevant question. Depending how you pick up your phone or remove it from pocket, either one could work but a viable side power button with fingerprint scanning seems easier for most. Fuck FaceId style unlocking. Even Crapple is giving up on it after the iPhone 11.

>Rear or side will the the only options soon with edge to edge phones
>What are in-display fingerprint readers?

Front. I shouldn't need to lift my device to unlock it with my finger.

Front, of course. Side is OK too.

Rear is absolutely retarded, because you need to pick your phone off the desk to unlock it.

I use Motorola's one button nav™ on my front mounted fingerprint sensor and it's the nicest thing ever. No horrible on screen playstation buttons for me, thank you.

>Personally like the front because I can have my phone unlocked as I'm picking it up.
Then it purely depends on what side up you place your phone down.

Side doesn't matter. Which makes side the best.

if the back of your phone is against the surface then you can't use the rear reader. So you need to pick it up. If it were on the front you can unlock it with the screen visible.

If the phone is resting screen down, then sure you can unlock it but the screen is down so you have to pick it up. Bottom line, you're stupid to not understand something so simple.

>Personally like the front because I can have my phone unlocked as I'm picking it up
That's why I like it on the back.
Moment it's out of the pocket, it's already unlocked.

>If the phone is resting screen down, then sure you can unlock it but the screen is down so you have to pick it up.
Well, that was literally part of what he said
> I can have my phone unlocked as I'm picking it up.
Not
>I can unlock my phone without picking it up.

I like the back, because front readers are usually behind the glass, which I keep autistically clean. Having to wipe off a fingerprint every time I make a transaction or open my phone sounds like a nightmare.

That's the dumbest thing I read all day.
How is your front screen glass not already dirty from touching it anyway?

i dont like fingerprint sensors on phones

Hazzah! A man of class!

No fingerprint reader is the best

>Letting your (((phone))) know your biometrics

Attached: image:89796.jpg (639x628, 88K)

>Front or Rear
The police don't mind when they force you to unlock it. Choose your own adventure retard.

Personally like the back because I can have my phone unlocked as I'm picking it up.

>fingerprint sensors
No, thanks. Insecure, easy to spoof, doesn't work with wet hands, doesn't work through gloves...no thanks.
I'd much prefer a Face ID-like mechanism.

You are fucked up either way by biometrics. Read up on it. They can't be cancelled like a centificate, or invalidated, or anything. Once your biometrics are in a phone, there's no turning back. Stick to passwords. Read up on two factor auth. "Something you know", "something you have", "something you are". Biometrics are the last third. Dump it. Police cannot force you to write a password. Police can force your pretty finger on your phone. How can you be so ignorant. Also, the next 150,309,298,981,982 trillion passwords leak out of some US company is gonna have your face in it. Good luck deleting it.

>Once your biometrics are in a phone, there's no turning back.
Turning back from what?

>Police cannot force you to write a password.
They sure can.

>not knowing how fingerprint sensors work.

Yeah but I don't care about any of that shit.
I just care about finding a nice balance between convenience and security, which Face ID and fingerprint sensors offer.

rear is better. and give me a forehead and chin

>Police cannot force you to write a password.
Not legally. But do cops always follow the law like good bois?
>Police can force your pretty finger on your phone.
Fun fact: if you reboot your phone, it will require the backup passcode for the first time you unlock it. This applies to both Android and iOS.
So just reboot your phone and you should be fine.

is this what schizophrenia looks like? cool.

>Also, the next 150,309,298,981,982 trillion passwords leak out of some US company is gonna have your face in it.
user...that's not how Face ID works...like, at all.

>>Police cannot force you to write a password.
>Not legally.
US border agents can do it
theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2017/02/a-nasa-engineer-is-required-to-unlock-his-phone-at-the-border/516489/

Oh well, it's murrican ignorant superidiots. I don't know why I even try.

...so instead of explaining yourself any further or arguing your point, you post this garbage?

Under screen > side > back > not having one and having to input your password > front bezel

>fingerprint sensors
botnet/10

Under screen one on my 6t works pretty well
It's a bit autistic about screen protectors though