>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?&v=IhX0fOUYd8Q

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Minimum 30-60fps gaming. The stronger 3400G sells for $150. (R3K APUs OCs better than R2K)
>R5 2600 - 60fps+ gaming CPU with great value
>R5 3600 - Great gaming CPU
>R7 3700X - Overkill gaming CPU
>R7 1700X - Budget video editing
>R9 3900X - Professional tasks

RAM
>Do not use a single DIMM. 2 sticks for a typical dual channel CPU
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 3200CL16 or Micron E-die ("AES" in P/N) recommended
>AMD B & X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP
>B-die is EOL, stock is limited

GPUs based on current pricing
1080p
>RX 570/580 8GB - Can be found on sale/used for cheap. Look for 570s which are >1240MHz boost
>(GTX 1660TI @ ~$230/Vega56 @ ~$270) - higher fps / more demanding games
>RX 5700 - higher FPS
1440p
>RX 5700 - standard, 75-100FPS+
>RX 5700XT - higher fps
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2070S OC - budget option. Turing scales better into 4K than Navi does. OR upscale from lower resolution with RIS
>2080Ti - best for 4K but expensive

>Navi AIB models come mid-August. 5700 non-XT blower is alright, due to low power.

General
>Yes, adaptive sync (free/g/sync) is important for gaming
>NVMe isn't better than SATA SSD for gaming
>Don't use Speccy
>Don't trust sites which rank CPUs by arbitrary, obfuscated scores (eg userbenchmark, passmark, cpuboss)
>AM4 VRMs + Monitors + SSD Guide under "more"

more: rentry.co/pcbg-more

Attached: 1564091598024.png (3189x1220, 2.18M)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/product/XxcMnQ/corsair-memory-cmd16gx4m2b3200c16
amazon.co.jp/Crossover-344FW-ウルトラワイド-AH-IPS-普通ピクセル/dp/B079YPSP9X/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=3440x1440&qid=1564991576&refinements=p_n_price_fma:2150393051&rnid=2150390051&s=computers&sr=1-5
youtube.com/watch?v=-9RnIj-EcdQ
pcpartpicker.com/product/z4nG3C/corsair-memory-cmd16gx4m4b3600c18
videocardz.com/newz/xfx-radeon-rx-5700-xt-thicc2-pictured
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I may be an idiot but I want to update my x79 to x99 for that sweet, sweet ps3 emulation but I want to retain the ability to run windows xp natively. I have found some places that have got XP running but I want to know if it's worth the jump. Any ideas?

>win xp
boy i know that we win 7 hold outs are pushing it, but you guys are out of this world

>STILL waiting for 5700xt aibs to come out
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I have win7 and win10 on my x79 as well, I just like winxp when I have older games that don't run as well on the other two or have shitty drm that need an older os.

is it worth buying the vega 64 now for 1440p75Hz gaming if i want to wait for 2nd gen navi or rtx 3000?

Wait for 5700xt partner cards, should handle that easily.

Nvidia RTX 3000 Ampere probably is at least a year away, it's a jump to 7nm+ EUV.

buy a b450 board now or wait for b550?

>dude just wait

yeah that's what i mean
looking at benchmarks, there's not a huge difference between vega 64 and 5700 xt, at least not $150 huge
all the benchmarks i see, the vega 64 easily reaches 75+ fps at 1440p Ultra
or at least at the games that i play
so i'm thinking about holding back on the gpu and spending extra dough on the cpu
5 years down the line, would hyperthreading be optimized for games?
will i regret paying ~111 usd more to buy the 9900k instead of the 9700k?

Just wait™ a little bit for the b450 max.

What are some good msata ssd's for 100 dollars or less?

why msata

What would a theoretical B550 bring over an X470? No point in waiting when B450s are cheap as fuck right now. X470 if you need more, simple. I don't see AMD launching B550 without also launching desktop Renoir, which will surely be Q2/Q3 next year, no matter how much the MB vendors want them. Even if it does come this year, again - what's the point?

Is a 3900X overkill for 1080p 144Hz gaymen? Have a RX 580 8GB right now but I think I'll get one in the future when there's a price cut.

Going to be putting it into an old laptop and converting it into an entertainment center/backup storage for another computer. Theres no real practicality to it, but it's kind of comfy doing stuff like that.

What gpu will be needed for Doom Eternal and Cyberpunk?

How does being on 7nm EUV makes it at least a year away? Samsung is launching its Exynos 9825 on its 7LPP in two days. What's stopping Nvidia from launching its response to Navi 20 Q1/Q2 next year?

You're better off just spinning up a VM for what you want, shit's easier and more compatible than it ever was. At my job it made it way easier to test stuff for the production lines that are still running fucking Windows NT.

B550 is already confirmed to be using an Asmedia chip and will be PCIe3. Basically B550 boards are just going to be B450 more modern peripheral support, better VRMs and trace layout to support higher memory clocks and 16c CPUs.

I'm the brainlet stuck in post, the PC was working fine, I changed some bios settings and now I'm stuck. Summarize, pc boots, all fans spin, all lights are on, graphics card seems on aswell but fan don't move because of gpu boost. HDD seems moving but I'm not 100% sure. I tried to move my ram around the system or boot with one only. Tried to clear Cmos already and remove the battery for hours. Tried my psu with an old build it works. The speaker doesn't beep. Things left for me to do are, force the usb flashback, kill myself.

Attached: IMG_20190804_171829.jpg (3968x2976, 1.78M)

do you have another video cable to test?

no buy a 5700 non-XT

Yes already tried. Forgot to say, even my mouse or keyboard dont work,none of the usb devices works

and you tried multiple outputs on the gpu?

Exactly my point. You already get those things on X470 mobos, which have already been tried and tested with mature BIOSes. Sure, B550 is supposed to be cheaper, but factor in new stuff tax + X470 itself dropping in price, I fail to see the justification in waiting for B550 mobos

Are these threads exclusively aimed at new builds and current hardware?

Not necessarily, but other questions could just go to qtddtot if one is up.

any other retarding marketing material like this?

Attached: 71tdXBgeUxL._SL1086_.jpg (1000x1086, 139K)

>that image
The dragon prevents the guy from jumping across?

Is this RAM good to pair with a Ryzen 7 3700X?

pcpartpicker.com/product/XxcMnQ/corsair-memory-cmd16gx4m2b3200c16

is this real? or is it a shop?

*retarded
apparently my spelling is retarding today

what's you're question user

amazon.co.jp/Crossover-344FW-ウルトラワイド-AH-IPS-普通ピクセル/dp/B079YPSP9X/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=3440x1440&qid=1564991576&refinements=p_n_price_fma:2150393051&rnid=2150390051&s=computers&sr=1-5

I'll give it a shot then.

Mobo has been displaying pic related since Friday. CPU is a 4690k that was OC to 4.2GHz.
While the computer was running, monitors flashed for a second then no display at all, and mouse/keyboard weren't working (not even receiving power).

Things I have tried:
>Tested PSU, RAM, SSD and HDD in another build, work fine
>Tried another PSU on this build, same
>Unplugged it and pressed power button for 10 seconds (read it could release static)
>Took everything from the case, tried booting with just mobo, cpu and 1 stick of RAM

I pretty much assume that I will have to buy a new CPU, I just don't want to waste money if there's a chance of saving this.

So I have two questions:
>1 - Is there a chance to save this? Tips?
>2 - Assuming there's not and I don't want to buy a new rig right now, what CPU could I get, used i5 or Xeon?

Attached: IMG_20190804_181554769.jpg (1440x2560, 1000K)

>Buy Nvida so the man can jump across!
>Dont buy AMD, the dragon eats the man!

Attached: 1563067206492.png (3600x3600, 1.11M)

Resolution/framerate needed man?

Well that was faster than expected but how the hell am I supposed to reset mobo factory settings if I can't even get it to boot?

clear cmos

youtube.com/watch?v=-9RnIj-EcdQ

get the vega64 if you can find it for a good price, then do the overclock/undervolt meme and you should get even higher fps than those benchmarks
Unless you're getting a 3950x get the b450 max tomahawk when it comes out, the vrms are easily good enough for an OCd 3900x

Already cleared cmos using the jumper, but with the old battery, not after replacing it.
But mobo has been without battery for 12 hours, shouldn't it had cleared already?

it should have
guess it's not a bios problem

not him but i have the same question 3440x1440p100Hz

Yeah, I'm just trying to find a magical solution but I guess a fried OC'd CPU seems to be the most logical conclusion.

Following the same question, would this kit be better? It comes with the heat spreader fan.

What are the pros and cons of using 4 RAM sticks?

And I didn't post the link holy shit
pcpartpicker.com/product/z4nG3C/corsair-memory-cmd16gx4m4b3600c18

1600x was never under 30C', but damn motherboard read tpackage sensor instead of tdie again, fix it gigabyte!
fans at 140mm 1000 RPM are too loud, i'm too sued to silent office work

Attached: 234532534534.jpg (2380x1345, 175K)

realistically
DOOM - anything down to 970, just run Rage 2 DOOM will run better, rage 2 already ran pretty great on 1070 1440p
Cyberpunk - for 1440 at least 1070 for ~55 fps
I'll be fine with 5700XT, I'm usually right about these things for my sake.

Is there any reason to buy an RX 580? It's the exact same price as an geforce 1060 and performs about 10% worse. Does it have a better compatibility with AMD processors or something?

tried resitting CPU? do it without battery and PSU plugged in

>and performs about 10% worse.
it doesn't though, but no there is no reason to buy 3 gens behind graphics card including 1060

Yep, took it apart, cleaned it, checked for bent pins and applied new thermal paste.
No luck.
I'm no expert in OC but shit had been running like that for 6 months and it failed on a minimum stress envronment, that's what surprised me.

>it doesn't though
All benchmark sites I've seen make the 1060 look roughly 10% better.
>but no there is no reason to buy 3 gens behind graphics card including 1060
Some of us are poorfags.

gpu recommendation for 3440x1440p100Hz?
waiting on 5700xt aib but was worried if it's not enough
games i will be playing:
arma 3
battlefield 4/1/v
and others

Best value CPU right now?
3600?

>1440p
>RX 5700 - standard, 75-100FPS+
>RX 5700XT - higher FPS
Weren't they supposed to be the same card? What the fuck is going on with the OP?

Attached: 1311808079301.jpg (411x381, 35K)

Yes

It's never enough. You just need the mental capacity to turn down some settings. The fact that you're looking at 5700xt aib means you find 2080 Super or 2080 Ti overpriced. Just stick with it, adjust the sliders a bit, and HAVE FUN

Is it even possible to get a 3900x? I've been refreshing newegg for 4 days straight because last one sold out in 10 seconds (counted) and got removed from my shopping cart before I almost checked out.

should i buy my ram now and wait for 3900x?

if it's CPU you got one in a million chance of frying it with OC. usually it shuts down before it comes to that
what voltage did you run it at?
faulty socket is other possibility, if you can I'd test CPU in other board
it's really rare for CPUs to die.

weren't you supposed to be able to read graphs yourself?

5700XT will as long as you don't plan on playing with Ultra settings.

2080s is your best bet.

The OP is fucking retarded, the XT version struggles to hit 144fps in the majority of games. doubt that the non-XT can even hit those framerates at that resolution.

Forgot to mention I've been trying to get one for beyond a month as well. It's just the last 4 days I have been monitoring nowinstock.net

>what voltage did you run it at?

That's the weird part, I wasn't pushing it that much.
4.2Ghz @1.15v with a 212 EVO.

>faulty socket is other possibility
I considered it, but I have no spare 1150 CPU or boards.

bring CPU to a repair store and ask them to post with it, don't think it will cost much if at all

It's not the mid 90s anymore mate nobody has a local PC repair store.

well 144fps 1440p is a 60fps 4k
no wonder it can't, nothing but 2080ti can, barely

There's a local PC repair store actually but I don't really trust the guy.
I found a 1150 refurb mobo I could buy online from a store that has a 14 days return policy, I guess I could try that.

videocardz.com/newz/xfx-radeon-rx-5700-xt-thicc2-pictured

Attached: 1539955049918.jpg (1200x900, 95K)

Ok so this might be a brainlet question/concern(pls no bully)
I have a pc i built in 2016 that I use for music production, the 256 ssd just ain’t cutting it no more and I want to upgrade to 1 TB. If I do the windows 10 backup when I reload it on my new ssd will all my files but more importantly my programs and VSTs still be working on the new ssd or will I have to reinstall the programs and VSTs? I’m really dreading this upgrade as I have a ton of projects I don’t want to get fucked up. Is it possible to install a new 1 TB drive and have both that and my old 256 Ssd run in “dual boot” like I can pick to load windows from either drive(ideally this would be the way I want to do it so I can have my “old PC” still in working state in case I lose the ability to load old projects for the time being) but I’m not sure if this is possible or not.

Attached: 0DBFD4D4-5BAA-49DF-84F2-4624524D4BE4.png (480x529, 106K)

THIIICCC!

You can simply clone your old SSD to the new one. The SSD vendor will even give you the license for said software. Afterwards you can just wipe your old SSD

The most sane way to proceed would be install the new SSD and move all your files there, setting correct paths for system folders (my documents and shit) if necessary, then use your 256GB SSD as OS drive.
So, in short, it is way easier than you make it to be.

you do realize you can keep your 256 drive and add a new 1Tb from which you can store/work your work project
you'll have C: 256Gb and D: 1Tb
like a permanent usb drive

I'm waiting for Toxic version of Navi but that looks sexy af.

pretty, but remembering how average 590 from them was i'm only cautiously optimistic

guess i'll drop down to 2560x1440p75Hz then

is rx580 a good replacement for gtx970 for 1080p?

How to clone an SSD? Do I do it using the windows backup thing?
I need to have the bigger drive running the OS so I can move my VSTs into the new drive as they go in the program files folders in C drive. And I will be adding more VSTs that will take up a lot of room too(one VST pack I got recently is 33 GB on its own) I already have a 3 TB HHD for saving project files and sound kits etc so it’s program storage that is my issue

>as they go in the program files folders in C drive

Then move the install folder. I don't think software is enforced to be installed in the OS drive.

I mean, the VST folder. Can't you configure that?

i recently picked up a predator xb1
did i make a mistake? its going to be my main monitor

which 240 hz monitor has the best picture/color quality? or are they all the same

Good point, I can but I’ve always had em on the OS drive for years, not sure if it affects performance or w/e.I’ll have to do some reading on some music production forums and see what best practice is

Not really. It's a slight improvement but not really worth it. Save some more.

doesn't g sync introduce input lag? i don't think that would be good for competitive fortnite

No
It's 10% faster than the 970 and in some cases 20% in modern games
If I was you I would stick with the 970 or get a 590 at the minimum, but if I was gonna spend 200 euros for an upgrade I would simply buy a Vega 56 which is a much bigger upgrade than a 590 at a similar price point

i don't know if the joke is gsync introducing input lag or competitive fortnite but you have talent as a comedian, user

You telling me people willingly bought the 2060 not super?

this one and the TUF look great

Attached: 5700 tuf.jpg (1200x675, 197K)

1660ti would be a good choice. That or a cheap now. Lower and non gigabyte vega 56.

could the partner brands stop teasing the 5700xt and release it already?
if they don't have it by 15th of august i'm pulling the trigger on a 2070s

MSI X570 gaming pro carbon looks like the best mid-tier x570 board

but holy shit is it ugly

Attached: IMG_20190526_11190dd5.jpg (2361x3097, 2.02M)

The ROG Strix Radeon RX 5700 XT and RX 5700 will be available worldwide on August 16, 2019.

I am torn between it and asus prime pro, since carbon doesnt allow sli and doesnt have as many pcie slots

Welp cloning a windows install to ssd didn't work. Would have been better off just reinstalling windows 10