Still runs your mission critical hospital equipment

>Still runs your mission critical hospital equipment

Attached: Windows31.png (640x480, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oLERL4_SveI
computerworld.com/article/3326065/microsoft-trash-talks-windows-10-ltsc-again.html
youtube.com/watch?v=XPY5P0TaC4k
extremetech.com/computing/296022-fujitsu-has-an-employee-dedicated-to-keeping-a-1959-computer-up-and-running
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Would you rather have your hospital equipment running Windows 10?

>ongoing brain surgery
>w10 automagic updates reboots computer
>bad update causes endless bootloop

Like what? (It's not a rhetorical question, I'm genuinely curious.)

Debian stable would be better

youtube.com/watch?v=oLERL4_SveI

Attached: amiga_over1.png (800x427, 290K)

So if it works, it works. You ever heard the phrase, "if it isn't broke, don't fix it"?

>Would you rather have your hospital equipment running Windows 10?
Since I never experienced any crash on win10, I would feel safe.
Old systems are quite vulnerable to attacks (2k and xp are unsafe) (Vista and 7 are unstable, I had too much problems with them) (8 and 8.1 are quite safe but 10 seems better) (I bet nt3/4 are stable but only safe because nobody care about them. It's ok for offline stuff)

Just use linu..... *SystemD suddenly break*

>if it isn't broke, don't fix it
We kind of laugh in the face of this over at /sci/. But breaking things is typically part of the experiments.

holyfuk am I on reddit?

Attached: 1557151640406.jpg (208x326, 10K)

My hospital database is still running in DOS.

I use windows 10, how did you know? So you like emojis too, they are very grown up.

Attached: shit win10.png (768x576, 5K)

Who cares about patients?

>us_healthcare.jpg

You'd be more familiar with reddit than I.

LTSC literally exists for this.
No feature updates to cause bootloops, no auto-reboot ever for any reason, no WUP/Store faggotry. Still full-featured and compatible with all of the softs.

It's a shame that medical equipment vendors are run by grabby kikes and staffed by ass-handed niggers who won't ever update their stuff or rip you off for patches that would be considered free and mandatory anywhere else.

Sure.

An even better solution would be a (semi)custom distro based off hardened Debian Stable minimal install. Put config in separate persistent overlay partition and just reimage the whole thing when patching is actually necessary.

At this point you should probably use a custom OSTree image composed from RHEL Atomic Workstation

LTSC with UWF enabled is meant for equipment like that.

mission critical hospital equipment is mostly on RTOS, go outside kids

Most medical systems only use these systems as guis. under the hood they're typically using safety critical systems which non run on typical consumer-type operating systems.

Windows, MacOS and even linux don't meet DO-178C for example.

Please tell me the hospitals that have mission critical equipment exposed to an outside network, not airgapped behind a local network, that is getting regular updates from MS and no dedicated WSUS server instance providing only critical updates for those machines so I can avoid it like the plague.

Also most older imaging/hospital equipment runs NT4 or 98/XP. The main tech is Win7 now.

TIL Windows can overlay FS. Almost

>NTFS: fully supported. However, during device startup, NTFS file system journal files can write to a protected volume before UWF has started protecting the volume.

Still, better than getting NotPetya on an MRI machine.

Both of which would be about a thousand times larger than Windows 3.1 - so another round of sourcing, testing and certifying a new storage medium. And another round of sourcing, testing and certifying a new OS. And another round of...
This is before you port the actual program that the damn thing runs to Linux, etc...

>LTSC with UWF

Oh god don't fucking remind me. I got PTSD from that shit. The idea is sound, and I hope it matures, but right now it's a fucking mess. The documentation is all over the place, and support is iffy at best and it has holes all over.
It's far from mature, and at a test phase at best. And this is meant to replace their old embedded OS versions. Man fuck that, it's not anywhere near that level yet.

I dunno about 3.x but all the laptops on the ISS run XP.

Yes, clearing out a clogged shithole of legacy is always hard. And the longer you delay, the harder it gets.

I guess, there's something to be said for the appliance/subscription model. Just getting new stuff when the old stuff won't do its thing anymore is comfy, even if overpriced to hell and back.

Unless you post proof that is pure bullshit. They run xp.

A lot of them were converted to Debian 8 or so years ago iirc

Based Amiga

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 28K)

>the laptops on the ISS run XP
>bullshit, they run XP

Never change something that works. Especially don't do needless updates to offline equipment.

>Windows 10 needs to restart
>Stopping life support systems
>Downloading candycrush4 to MRI machine
>Adding microsoft store button to Heart rate monitor
>Linking your medical records with you public microsoft account

cringe

>LTSC
computerworld.com/article/3326065/microsoft-trash-talks-windows-10-ltsc-again.html
>concedes it's needed with MRI machines and ATC systems
>furious IT departments won't use SAC instead because being on Microsoft's bleeding edge is somehow more secure
oh boy i am laffin

The oldest equipment in the hospitals around me look like they're at least from the mid 2000s

>breaking things is typically part of the experiments.
try that on production equipment and let us know when you get fired.
rolling out semiannual feature updates like SAC does for Windows 10 is why you had the 1809 shitshow.

Go fuck yourself

youtube.com/watch?v=XPY5P0TaC4k

haha jokes on you, all the hospitals near me run on ipad apps!

equipment is all embedded

>EWWWwww
>Why the FRICK do you still use these icky old ...computers... for AC control??????????

>uh, it just work-

>EWW YOU BIGOT, REPLACE THOSE ICKY OLD MACHINES RIGHT NOW

Attached: 2019-08-05-1565030011_272x472_.png (272x472, 136K)

this way of thinking died in times of blind materialism. just keep throwing shit away and replace it with expensive shit even if it perfectly fulfills the purpose.

lol, those news faggots really tried to paint a story of "how fucked up is this". pretty cool that shit is still running.

Don't send these people to Japan they might die of shock extremetech.com/computing/296022-fujitsu-has-an-employee-dedicated-to-keeping-a-1959-computer-up-and-running

>Running anything mission critical on any version of Windows.

>shit still works
>fuck it, let's replace it anyway because new = better!
>costs millions in downtime and working out the kinks all while still attempting to run the show
Sounds great, sign me the fuck up

Attached: 1498151048034.jpg (279x372, 34K)

Why can't they hook the system up to a nuc or raspberry pi and have it run an Amiga emulator? Fanless computer would be a bonus for. Not having moving parts.

I hope this is sarcastic.

If it works, don't change it.
Our testing equipment in the lab runs on win 3.1, some of the databases in HR on a terminal emulation I could not identify, but it states 1984 as copyright date.

beautiful

Attached: d96.jpg (500x500, 43K)

We still have a couple of holdout departments running some shit on AlphaServers and accessed through terminal emulation. Getting the print jobs to work for those was interesting.

Attached: windows-10-retro-3.1-uhd-4k-wallpaper.jpg (3840x2160, 1.55M)

>I have never had a crash on windows 10
must be a fresh install lmao

Emulators are for playing games, not doing actual work.

no floppy, no ethernet your windows secure.

Are Jow Forums actually secretly mostly women with the mentality of new=better?

Just run fucking linux

Yes? Only kids think old (pre-XP) Windows versions were somehow better or more stable than 10.

>runs 90% of self-checkout kiosks

Attached: windows-embedded-posready-2009.jpg (1920x1440, 118K)

Ironically seen they are running ubuntu last time I was in the hospital

i know there are programs for dentists that only run on windows.

Most of them run POSReady 7 or 7 Standard these days.

Attached: 1562716966846.gif (365x400, 551K)

>needing to go the hospital ever
>being a genetic deadend

kek

Why are you guys using bug riddled OS's?