This is the first chance in history to kill intel

This is the first chance in history to kill intel.

This is more based than a thinkpad because it is not poisoned by fuckery.

Attached: 4292-03.jpg (1200x900, 244K)

good luck
- rajesh, employed for intel

ardruino - opensource
raspberry - propietary

But that isn't even as powerful as a Q6600.

But can I delid it?

What do you mean? Arduino is open hardware and free software

Raspian is free software as well

/thread

The whole package runs a lot faster than a system with a Q6600 cause of ddr4

powerful enough for everything normies do on a computer

>no games
Into the trash it goes.

normies don't play games on a computer, save for the facebook shit
my point still stands

A Q6600 uses considerably more power than this.

>No games
>doesn't know about retro pi
you can game on it dipshit.
>inb4 b-but can it play m-muh stream games?
Then this platform is not for you dipshit

Millions of zoomers play fortnite, you can't install fortnite on this.

then let zoomers have their wallmart prebuilts
if you could have a DE that looks close enough to Windows 10 a Stacy or a soccer mom wouldn't even notice

That thing can't run Netflix unless you install and tweak some stuff, and will lag when using Youtube or trying to watch a video on Facebook. No DE can fix that.

Normalfags use cell phones to play games.

Does it have an open source bootloader?

The CPU isn't.
You can't guarantee it doesn't contain hardware backdoor.

Are you absolutely confident that an RPi 4 struggles with Youtube or are you speaking out of your ass?

Rpi 4 can play Youtube up to 1080p30, but only with Chromium and an add-on that forces H.264 video.

Other sites that stream non-H264 video only work in SD and in a small window, since they fall back to software decoding AND software scaling like it's Pentium 1 era.

>a Stacy or a soccer mom
if this is your target audience, why don't you just give them an intlel compute stick and call it a day?

Stacey uses more graphic cards for her photo editing than most of yall

that's mostly a testament to how vapid and histrionic Stacy is.

retroarch and steamlink (only way to get a steamlink besides limited retail supply) run fine, as well as some linux ports.

>Never interfere with your enemy when he is making a mistake.

does it really need a fucking fan on it?

they get pretty hot when you overclock them, especially the new Model 4.

Any need to overclock the model 4 if I'm going to turn it into a steamlink?

naw not really. just a heatt sink and good ventilation is all u need. if you are gonna just be using wireless peripherals (controllers, keyboard, mouse) and only gonna use wifi, just get the 3A+, its cheaper and does all that shit. As for if you are gonna use Moonlight (basically the open source Nvidia Shield software that uses Shadowplay) if you got an NVidia GPU, u can accomplish that with a Zero.

Wait I've never heard of moonlight what would I need for that?

an Nvidia GPU, uses Shadowplay. give it a look. It's a good alternative to using Steam if you wanna just stream generally from your PC like a thinclient as well as game with it. the Pi 1b, Zero and Zero W are all capable of running it at 1080p, depending on the connection.

Would you consider it better than setting up steamlink on a rpi? I'm running a 1070ti on the pc I would be streaming.

Then the pi is not worth a damn, you can't wave away counterexamples. This platform is for braindead schizos who have to waste their allowance somehow.

Is it more powerful than the Intel Compute Stick?

>not poisoned by fuckery
>binary blob required to even boot the device
ok

i think it could widen your options, as you can stream game and no game related stuff equally well!

see The device will not even function at all without a proprietary Broadcom blob

Cool, thanks. I might get a rpi 4 anyways but I'll be sure to try moonlight.

honestly, to avoid issues, that's the safe bet for you. maybe set it up to automatically log into your network and start the service,

What are the lowest specs required for streaming anything? Besides decent internet of course, how powerful should the client machine be?

Oh it still has that broadcom blackbox driver?

>made in the UK
sorry I'm boycotting caliphates

i'd say that 1070ti will do more than enough. mainly you wanna have a quad core and at least 16gb of ram and a decent GPU made in the last 3-5 years (nothing before Kepler for Nvidia, and nothing pre-GCN for AMD gpus).

Oh I meant for the device that's streaming it like the rpi. That's still good information to know though.

then don't fucking overclock them

fuck I intend to UNDERCLOCK mine, faggots

Steamlink requires you have a computer running Steam, so it doesn't meet the requirements.

Doesn't matter. This isn't a competition of power consumption, for this to compete with x86 it needs to offer performance greater than a decade old processor.

At best you could say lower latency. The Q6600 has much more L2 cache which means it would spend less time waiting on RAM, ideally.
The Q6600 is faster at processing, would take more time to load data from RAM, but would load from RAM less often.

there need to be laptops and tablets and shit that you can just slap a compute module into

> playing games made after 1998
fuck off zoomer

You can install the Android shit on it then Fortnite. But, then consider kys because that'd be a better solution than being a gaymer of any kind.

>implying Intel will die or be allowed to be killed

It's quite a bit faster than that Intel botnet trash, user.

minecraft is all you need, lad

Attached: Officer_Maggot.png (518x425, 210K)

>Doesn't matter. This isn't a competition of power consumption, for this to compete with x86 it needs to offer performance greater than a decade old processor.
It does matter, because this little computer is a better choice than a Q6600 as a home server., where power consumption is relevant. It handles everything my old AMD (forget the model but its 5% faster than a Q6700) used to handle as a home server.

Attached: rpi4b2.jpg (3024x3227, 2.46M)

>Home server
>No pci, sata or ECC

Attached: 1564326911651.png (500x550, 313K)

>no pci
I don't need any other expansions....

>no sata
It transfers at gigabit over the usb, I don't need more than that.

>no ECC
who cares, its perfectly stable

>shitting the bed while trying to play 1080p videos
>powerful enough

So when you are talking about a home server you mean hooking up an external drive so you can host your shit tier normie rips off DDL and TPB instead of having a proper data server/home storage.

it will happily overclock to 2ghz all you need is a $10 fan, and it handles 1080p fine

Doesn't really sound powerful enough for normies though. This is really just not a machine made for desktop usage.

Just needs to have hardware decode for H.264 for basic streaming, I think they enabled H.265 for the higher res stuff. Like other anons say an rPi Zero can do it fine, I've done it on oldass Snapdragon S4 phones and tablets. Just mind the decide resolutions because otherwise you won't get 60fps.

>Organization mantra is that you can only buy a single board
>Has USB-C port for power, doesn't follow USB-C power delivery standard

samba server with a redundant drive
SickGear
SABnzbd
nginx

You're saying I need more than that? Maybe I should have bought a server rack, some used dell xeon servers, setup a raid array, domain controller... would.... would I be cool then?

yes, however the gpu driver was opensourced recently, so it seems they are slowly working towards getting rid of the blobs

>ARM
sounds like a cure worse than the disease desu

If you have less then 20TB of storage might as well go back to Jow ForumsPCMR

No normie would be able to use it since its linux, but it will do all the same normie shit just except gaming.

delid this, shill

lmao, my 3 year old phone is faster.

grub is free software, yes

theres some pretty normie-friendly distros out there, plus much of the command line stuff they would need to know is cut and paste.

The British are desperate.

>This is the first chance in history to kill intel.
>slower than a decade old Intel processor
lmao

does it still have that bug where it can't play 1080p videos until you go fullscreen?

Hey, hope this helps anyone reading this: The less tech savvy a person is, the more beefy their computing device has to be.

Odroid n-2 is superior. With the amount of units rpi ship I don't know why they don't just make their own ARM SoC.

is it possible to record 4k video with these yet? The cameras fucking suck but if it was able to record 4k at 30 fps then it would catch my interest

useful only for GPIO otherwise incredibly overhyped nonsense, used laptop with low tdp processor is ten times more value for the money. Mine runs proxmox with wifi and idles at 8W

is there anything like GPIO for PC? If so I would agree an old beater laptop would be much better

So the are that makes up like 0.05% of Intel's market and they have solutions like Atom and low power Core processors that still outperform Pi at similar wattages?

no it isn't you fucking retard, it can't do anything a normal person does on the computer, the hardware is worse than even the cheapest smartphones

it's a toy made for geeks like you, it has ZERO uses for anybody that is not a low IQ retard like yourself

doesn't raspberry pi use intel chips?

Just attach an AVR to a USB port.

It's cheap and uses little power. Why shouldn't I use it as a mini-server?

No.

The EOMA68 has been delayed without notice. Again.
If it ever comes through, it'll be the holy grail compared to an rpi.

Sure, just find a laptop with a parallel port.

A mini-server for what purpose? Shut the fuck up dude, stop defending your toy, it's garbage.

What high IQ things do you do with your computer that require so much processing power?
Are they high IQ games?
They're games, aren't they?

Would be cool if they fixed the very obvious frame lag in the opengl driver (that nobody seems to have noticed yet)

>requires so much processing power

Are you retarded or just pretending? The toy you are shilling is not even capable of basic task, it's not the the average person needs a lot of processing power for normal tasks, it's that this awful product you are shilling is incapable doing anything even a smartphone has no problem doing. Just stop shilling your shitty product on here.

Do you get this angry when people own calculators?
What's a basic task? Fortnite?

I don't see people who own calculators shilling calculators as capable of doing "anything a normie does on a computer". Your toy will always remain a toy for dumbass nigger level low IQ retards like you to fuck around with. It's hardware is terrible and it cannot do anything that even the cheapest smartphone has no problems doing.

Stop bringing up games just because your nigger brain is filled with cum from all raspberry cocks you suck.

>A mini-server for what purpose?
Mainly Syncthing, also Bittorrent, DNS caching, and a couple of other things.

>stop defending your toy, it's garbage.
Compared to what?

Sir pls do the needful and delid this post.

- raja komala
Rpi senior customer experience representative

Yeah so you are literally doing nothing with it. I bet you sit on your laptop with your little homo toy next to you pretending you REALLY needed this little meme device pretending it's really fucking useful.

>Compared to what?

Compared to every device which actually has a purpose created in the last 5 years which is better.

>Yeah so you are literally doing nothing with it.
I explicitly said three things.

>Compared to every device which actually has a purpose created in the last 5 years which is better.
Such as?

>propietary
I'm pretty sure everyone who used this word on Jow Forums has no real world experience in anything.

Like what, user? It's kind of weird how you keep avoiding the question.

Yes

Yes.

>25% performance of a ivy bridge i5

Try harder