Intel 10nm Chip Gets Mixed Reviews

eetimes.com/document.asp?doc_id=1334991#

>Early reviews of Intel’s first processors made in its much-delayed 10nm node were mixed. A handful of reviewers praised their integrated graphics but said CPU improvements were modest at best.

THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING IT WAS OUR TURN

Attached: 1542027477262.png (807x745, 205K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-8750H-vs-AMD-Ryzen-5-2600/m470418vs3955
userbenchmark.com/UserRun/17456951
valid.x86.fr/7ul3n6
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Wait for 10nm++++

>“These CPU numbers are nothing to stoke a burning desire to go out and buy a new laptop
People don't buy laptops yearly, even Appletards.

These reviewers were expecting desktop-level clocks in a low power, mobile chip.

But muh 40% ipc 10ghz sekrit sauce

Just Wait (tm) for 7nm

By the time intel gets to 7nm AMD will be on quantum computers selling CPUs even to advanced alien races.

>mixed reviews
>only cites PCMag and Anandtech
>did not even mention which reviewers didn't like the product and which ones praised the integrated graphics
>Anandtech comment section is flooded by buttblasted AMDrones and wannabe CPU """engineers""" angry at Ian Cuttress for reviewing Ice Lake

SIRS pls apply for the job at INTEL to help make beter product again thank

Attached: durgajobs.png (853x480, 162K)

Seething Intcels.

Attached: beef.gif (480x366, 2M)

>selling CPUs even to advanced alien races.
literally AyyMD

Attached: 1564987179148.jpg (471x388, 94K)

OH NONONO INDIANTEL BROS

Even aliens hate jews.

Attached: qOF1ZlW.jpg (600x600, 27K)

The improvement in Ice Lake is mostly the iGPU which is 80-100% faster than last gen.

>mostly the iGPU
So it's DOA

>mostly the iGPU

Attached: smug-3d-anime-girl.webm (380x480, 1.41M)

Is LPDDR proprietary or somehow Intel-only? If AMD manages to make Renoir work with the same RAM as Intel, it will completely kill the GPU in Ice Lake without even upgrading to RDNA.

smug

It's just not supported by zen1. no clue about renoir, but i would assume they have done something by now.

No, LPDDR4X is not a proprietary thing. Its a JEDEC standard like basically every other DRAM format. It is however slightly different from typical DDR4. You'd need a special IMC to handle both DDR4 and LPDDR4X for mobile, since LPDDR4X is soldered on board only.
AMD doesn't do in house memory controllers, for years they've been licensing IP from Cadence, so it would come down to Cadence having an applicable controller IP to suit those specific needs.

AMD can hold out until DDR5 regardless. Hans De Vries however seems to think that Renoir will feature HBM2E on some SKUs.

Intel could just ramp up iris pro again

AMD's GPU arch probably still scales far better since it doesn't have to do a million ops per clock like intel does with their EUs.

It's not proprietary, it's just not meant to be used in laptops, it's designed for tablets and phones. Intel randomly added support in laptop CPUs and it ended up very well. AMD, on the other hand, freaks out when you ask them about LPDDR support and says they have no plans of implementing it as no laptop manufacturer ever requested it.

This is Intel's time.
You can now play FF15 at 22fps in 720p
we can finally rip out our dedicated graphic cards

>22fps in 720p
t-thanks intel

>These reviewers were expecting desktop-level clocks in a low power, mobile chip.

>intel posts a +20% increase on R20
>literally advertizing 20% ipc
>thinks that reviewers wont call their bullshit out

>promise 15% IPC gains
>they're 9% at most

well yeah, their current gen iGPU is like 3 years old at this point, if anything it's not a lot of improvement considering how long it's taken to develop

Well I mean 9th gen were already so good it's pretty hard to improve from there, so it's not a surprise the CPU improvements were only modest.

Meanwhile AMD got praise because before Zen 2 they were really trash, so the improvement was large

It's not even a real 10nm process, did people forget already?

dumbed down 10nm process. I call it 10nm--.

>9th gen were already so good
t. coping threadlet
imagine paying for pre 2003 technology

18%*

It's more like 12nm now

(12-2)nm-----

Cope

imagine being on 7nm and still losing to 14+++

Attached: cpu benchmark1.jpg (640x657, 38K)

Imagine posting a 640x657 blurry screenshot.
Imagine going "MUH GAYMES" in a thread about low power laptop CPUs.

Just OC your Intel to 5.5GHz bro, come on you can do it!

Attached: 1564351301713.png (697x734, 104K)

>DDR4-2667 vs 3200

Stock vs stock

those are pretty decent "ultrabook" chips tbqh, the graphics bump is really relevant.

Still too overpriced for a quad-core tho, I wish AMD went stronger on mobile, imagine something like pic related

Attached: ryzen-4800H.png (2048x2344, 93K)

checked

>125W tdp

Attached: 1541635144254.png (119x159, 32K)

>ryzen in laptops
Oof.
My 8750h beats a Ryzen 2600 in multi core

Stop getting people's hopes up with this AdoredTV faggotry.

Not in reality.

Here's your intel sponsored benchmarking site

cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-8750H-vs-AMD-Ryzen-5-2600/m470418vs3955

>laptop chip
>idles at 1.5V
>requires daily BIOS updates

How does the iGPU compare to Vega?

Even if Ice Lake is underwhelming it will still go inside every laptop coming in 2019 and 2020 and will still outsell any AyyyMD laptop in existence and it will only get better with refines.

They better hope so, because Intel's getting thrashed in desktop in sales and will probably start getting thrashed on server too.

equivalent to desktop Vega 11.

That's not quite right. Rumors for later Zen arch is that memory will be stacked on the IO die. Also I doubt they would waste fab space for the latest node on the IO die.

Putting a DRAM die on top of a Bridge chip would create a Z height differential which would require a custom heat sink to mate to. That isn't happening.
Renoir isn't even a chiplet APU. Its successor probably won't be either.

>ultrabook
>two in one

Attached: download.png (211x239, 7K)

>I doubt they would waste fab space for the latest node on the IO die
that would make sense for high-end mobile chips tho, and considering how much Intel charges for their 45W parts, AMD could make those IO dies at 7nm and still get huuuuuge margins.

>intelfags will be nothing but laptopfags
kek

>yes sirs I'm a laptop far cry player what gave it away

In the linked review it's beating and faster than the Vega 8

idk how it compares to Vega 11 or the new lightly overclocked 3000 gen Vega 8 and 10 tho

>he thinks Intel will be replaced in servers
>when even at this point companies are still buying Xeons en masse

For every Xeon sold AMD sells 1488 Epyc CPUs

The new Ice Lake chip is 18% IPC better than the previous gen, plus the graphic significant improvement, the is nothing to sneeze at. The clock rate is lower to save energy yet the performance is still better than previous gen. If they were to increase the clock rate, and the design power envelop, the performance is 30% better than AMD's 7nm device. If 10 nm part is better than Intel's previous gen product (14nm) and 7nm of AMD's, why is it a mixed review? Please explain!

Cringe
My consumer grade ideapad destroys Poozen mobile.
See for yourself.
>userbenchmark.com/UserRun/17456951

>just wait for 10nm+++

Thanks for another readable and understandable post, rajesh.

The clocks are low because this 10nm chip is a dumpster fire.

They'd have to help all software developers to add AVX-512 in everything just to get that 18% IPC uplift.

700Mhz is so 90s, when CPUs were 700Mhz AyyyMD was copying off Intel CPUs just so Intel wouldn't get hit with anti-monopoly laws.

One day intelbro...

Attached: untitled-4.png (722x794, 58K)

their 10nm graphics shit on vega.

>handful of reviewers praised their integrated graphics
That's literally what's the most important. CPU-wise Intel is so powerful that it barely needs any improvement, let alone in the mobile segment.

How's that 5GHz housefire going?

Attached: 7ul3n6.png (403x402, 33K)

>has to use LN2 just to keep it at 1.1V
(lol

I wonder if that retard from yesterday or the day before is here, spouting how ice lakes are going to be faster than a 3700X.

Hows the 1.5V idle going?

Just OC 9900k to 6GHz bro.

>apoo
Nobody cares

>literally 1.1 in the screenshot

Imagine STILL being an intlel fan, Yikes!

Attached: 1469844618614.jpg (399x385, 45K)

>clock rate is lower
>still draws the same amount of power
So are you saying that Intel's 10nm is less power efficient than 14nm? What a piece of shit.

Remember that israeli AMD hitpiece with stock backgrounds?
I guess we know now how deserapte they were.

Attached: 1564309437406.jpg (1170x1974, 287K)

Attached: 1556497316728.jpg (940x672, 201K)

valid.x86.fr/7ul3n6

so one thread at 5.8ghz and the rest at 600mhz and for 1/4 of a second before the computer crashed? great accomplishment

Performance doesn’t matter, most laptops come with intel cpu by default due to oem contracts.

Not necessarily based, but certainly red pilled.

coz LPDDR4X-3733?

>custom heat sink
Uh make the heat spreader custom. You'd just make it thicker and mill out space for the shorter chip.

>faster iGPU
Glad to know the priority is just some shit you only use when your video card is in RMA.

You have been visited by the Laura of horrible cereal noises.

YOU HAVE TO B-BUMP THE THREAD! It's c-coming, don't you understand?! It's c-coming! And if you haven't b-bumped the thread by the time it gets here, the thread is going to D-DIE!

Attached: Laura.jpg (634x478, 74K)