What are Jow Forums's opinions on Cisco exams? Are the best ones to go for when wanting to have a career in Networking...

What are Jow Forums's opinions on Cisco exams? Are the best ones to go for when wanting to have a career in Networking? What exams are the best ones to go for? Should you start with CCENT?

Attached: ccna-security[1].png (560x360, 82K)

It's good to have a CCNA on the CV as a babby's first certification, but honestly, with the amount of cheating going on, the materials available online, the sheer level of Pajeets, you have to know and demonstrate what you're doing or you'll get found out sooner than later. Try and find a college course that includes it.

tl;dr the course content is good IF you learn it, but the certificate shows fuck all about you and has been watered down by cheating Poo in Loos, but good to have anyway.

To add to that, there is a lot to learn and can lead to higher pay brackets., CCNP and CCIE are no joke.

>he asks a board of psuedo-intellectual NEETs whether an employable certification is worth obtaining

I'm an electrician who's looking to get into IT once I finish my Apprenticeship. I've pulled and terminated Ethernet and fiber optic cable, and have a meme cert from the Fiber Optic Association.

I'm planning on pursuing CCNA certs and have begun learning network fundamentals on Udemy, but should I also work on acquiring the compTIA certs? I've heard mixes things about A+.

Mone isn't an issue but I don't want to waste time.

Not worth it. Use the money to buy a few routers and switches off of eBay and pirate the lab content. Certs only teach people how to memorize multiple choice questions and they cant troubleshoot their way out of a wet paper bag.

Why do you want to go from electrician to cable guy?

Get your networking certs, A+ doesn't hurt but practical experience will get you jobs. Coming from a background in electrical helps a lot with wiring patch panels and RJ45s. So there's some good overlap for you to work with.

Networking and IT interests me and I think I could thrive in the field. I enjoy learning new things, have both mechanical aptitude and abstract critical thinking skills, and have good soft skills. I don't want to stay in construction forever.

I did some reading and it seems like I might as well persue the A+ as well. At the least, it will give me a solid foundation.

Thanks for the advice. Is getting the CCNA R&S feasible before the new cert system rolls out in Febuary?

>cable guy certificate

Just passed my CCNA earlier today ama

Attached: 1545565019603.png (720x900, 1.04M)

when do you start making your first million?

bump, i want to know as well. Currently studying for A+, in fact I could take at least 1001 and possibly the 1002 right now if I had the $220 but sadly I am broke and unemployed.

Not really sure what to do after A+, I dont really want to get a bunch of unecessarty certifications and also have to worry about renewing them and falling into that trap so I would rather just get a CCNA and be done with.

I was thinking about studying for the OSCP or any of the offensive certs since they don't expire and are high standard in security .

Also Im studying javascript / web dev on the side .

Attached: kangaroo.jpg (386x768, 77K)

I dont understand why anyone would go into IT as an electrician but ok. The only reason Im doing IT is because I virtually no other options and I can self study for certifications rather than have to worry about taking classes in college

Also since we are on topic, are AWS certs a joke for finding a job? Assuming I have at least a comptia A+

Attached: aws.jpg (560x315, 85K)

The ccna is pretty watered down from what it was even 5 years ago. They started to cut superflous cruft from the test but then went too far. In a couple more years it'll be what the ccent was supposed to be.
And so credential inflation will solider on.

I passed CCNA and CCNA voice many years ago. Know subnetting like the back of your hand and it’s a breeze.

Also studying for SY0-501 which got a lot harder since pass4sure no longer works. Anyone know of any good dumps (preferably free) but doesn’t have to be so long as it’s valid

savage

They handed me my first million and a six-figure contract on the way out of the testing center like normal.
Sorry it took so long to reply had to finish my three-way with a couple of supermodels

Mine expired 4 years ago, couldn't even bother to renew it. Employers just want to see "CCNA" in your CV