bisqwit.iki.fi/cv.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Have any certifications?

Learn how to weld instead

Post it.

dumb frog poster

yup. Oracle certified associate

with an 8 month academic project. And cisco a+

Take the CompTIA it fundamentals and a+ exams. The Oracle and Cisco specific ones won't get you as far with most companies as a broad cert

>CompTIA it fundamentals
I was looking for a job as a data analyst, business analyst, or a junior sql dev. I have experience with Tableau and visualization. There were some postings for juniors were i fit the description but no luck and other entry level positions didnt accept me. Even gave my resumes with some staffing agencies with no luck as of yet. I will look into taking that though. Thanks

mediafire. com/file/qabt6zqwjizeinm/2.docx/file
if anyone is interested

>Interests:
>Smash Brothers
>Reddit
>Politics
Instant hire

Honestly, a previous employer told me to actually put that there

Your previous employer is sabotaging you, fuck how can you think any of those is a good idea?

embellish everything. lie if you have to. And DO NOT be one of those retards who does autistic shit like putting personal hobbies on his CV.

Also, just face the fact that in many fields, getting a job is 95% about networking and connections. And in this day and age of everything being online, it makes it really fucking hard to actually get your foot in the door when you're just another random fag who submitted his CV through an online portal.

jesus christ, why did I know there was going to be this autistic shit?
Why do people do this? Why in their right mind would anyone think it's a good idea to put personal hobbies/interests on a CV?

noted and removed

we get it. Mistakes were made

Your previous employer is a retard. Don’t put this shit in. I would leave it out entirely. It cheapens the whole thing. You even add that you’re interested I SQL. I would fucking hope so after reading the rest of your resume.

The formatting is off and there are weird comma placements. I also spotted a few typos. Other than that it seems pretty solid though

Thanks for the criticism

What helps me land almost any job I apply for (I have landed something like 15 out of 16 jobs I've applied for) is to let the employer feel rest assured that I have no passions outside of work and that landing the job will be the highest accomplishment I ever hope to achieve in my life.

Don't get me wrong, I talk a little about myself and my interests. But never give them the impression that the things I do outside of work would be a distraction to the job.

It's important to realize that hiring somebody is a major upfront investment, and that almost all managers are fucking wusses that would only fire anyone as a last resort. When you understand this you get a better idea of what kind of personality the need to portray.

It's not just you though. I'm always amazed when I see this shit and how apparently common it is for people to do this. I just don't understand the thought process.

logic used was having something in common with hr managers. I dont even use any of the things there, just popular tech shit

What does Jow Forums think of my resume (censored personal stuff)? I had a certified resume writer look over it. OP, I've gotten 7 interviews with this template. Take ideas from it.

Attached: Annotation 2019-08-05 225734.png (927x1132, 119K)

Anyone want to get a good LinkedIn endorsement circlejerk going?

Yeah. I was looking for a job and just listened to whatever my employer told me at a desperate time. Even though this is arguably an even more desperate attempt to shape my resume up

wassup baby

Thanks man. This has changed my perspective

not a fan of the inconsistent formatting, but other than that it's solid.

Thank god my line of work has CVs as standard rather than resumes. Trying to fit relevant experience into a single page is ridiculous.

Sadly this. No matter the field, you have to make the employer believe that you do nothing but eat/sleep/breathe [insert job here]. You need to pretend to be a worker drone in all the ways they want, while also pretending to be "creative" in all the ways they want.

imma just copy the template and any ideas i can grab. ALthough, i applied to so many jobs that fit my description, i guess i have to wait now

yeah. Im told so many conflicting ideas about what a resume should and shouldnt have. Personal interest but then opposite, lie but then dont, keep a resume one page but then try to fit all the experience you have

Motherfucking reddit should never be on a resume, unless you founded it.

this has been established already

isn't A+ a CompTIA cert and not cisco?

Yeah, it's total bullshit. It's a lot like dating/relationship advice. Just a bunch of conflicting garbage and you never know what to believe.
A lot of it depends on context. The less significant the job position, the easier it is to get away with lying about experience. It's harder to outright lie on more major positions because they're more likely to do thorough checks, but even then, not always. The real trick is to embellish everything, so it's "not technically a lie" but you make it sound a hell of a lot more impressive than what you really did.

Hobbies/interests should never be on a resume/CV. Ever. Never put that shit. You should want your resume/CV to look professional, even for entry-level stuff.

CV is different than resume?

It was distributed to me by Cisco and we used Cisco products in our computer repair training

but it's a CompTIA cert.
Change it to say Cisco-provided CompTIA A+ Certification. When you google Cisco A+, it comes up as CompTIA, and it makes it look like you don't know what you're talking about.

excellent. send your url to [email protected]

Thanks. I was worried about lying since I just didnt want to get tested on something I didn't know. I'm not very used to embellishing on a resume but hey, whatever

Sounds alright with me. Thanks

>you have to make the employer believe that you do nothing but eat/sleep/breathe [insert job here].

mhmm, but not just that you do those things. They need to believe that that is all you WANT to do. I.e. you will never complain about it

(Or however else you want to share it with me. I just don't want to post mine here)

How would one communicate that through a resume besides the obvious remove interest section

Take McDonalds off the freaking tech resume.

technically yes. Resume = quick 1 page summary. CV = longer, more common in more professional/academic fields.

Yeah, it's pretty much a necessity. You have to do it, because everyone else lies/embellishes too. It's basically low-key expected, so if you don't do it and just givfe the honest truth, people will think THAT is a lie/embellishment and think your actual skill level is even lower.

I have a passion for learning new things, etc etc

Alright. A lot of advice I got was to put things in there, even if it wasn't related to your posting since gaps where you aren't working or studying seem weird, if you were wondering why I put that there

That's not part of the resume. That'd be in the interview, also the cover letter if applicable.

got you. I'm barely getting interviews but lets see once I implement all the advice I got from here

Take the months off the tech job. just put years. It de-emphasizes the timeline of work. Tell them you took time off to do independent study of tech while working irrelevant jobs if asked in the interview.

Yes sir

Alright. Thank you everyone. I edited my resume a bit and will start applying to jobs in the morning. Thank you for your time and advice

take a censored screenshot of the final version. Please tell me you fixed the typo as well.

A resume alone will never be enough to land a job. You need to have some kind of direct communication with a hiring manager. In order from best to least effective: In person over lunch, over the phone or by e-mail.

You've had to get 15 jobs? Do you keep getting laid off?

apu looks scared of the bong bong

mediafire. com/file/qabt6zqwjizeinm/2.docx/file
This is whats been done so far. I need to work on embellishing

Tell me you've worked on a Windows version newer than XP. If you have, list every version in that line.

"Problem solve network remotely, manage operating systems within Microsoft Windows Server, 7, 8, 8.1, and 10"

Don't bother listing operating systems no longer supported by microsoft.

thanks a lot man

I've only been laid off once. Forced to resign once. All other times I just saved a bunch of money (I'm a chronic saver) then lose interest in whatever bullshit is going on at work and quit. I've never quit a job and had another job lined up.

Almost everything you find about "how to find a job" is bullshit written by somebody in HR who is just feeding you the bullshit that makes their lives easier. Just about everything out there is a lie.

>Almost everything you find about "how to find a job" is bullshit written by somebody in HR who is just feeding you the bullshit that makes their lives easier. Just about everything out there is a lie.

This. Listening to HR cuts for advice on how to get hired is like asking w*men for advice on dating.

OP, doing something like pic related.

Also, data analyst roles are saturated with tons of cs, business, mathematicians, statistics, engineering, finance, and econ majors so you're up against a shit ton of competition.

Your best bet is to have solid case studies under your belt, good recommendations if you can, and solid excel skills. Even with all of these you aren't guaranteed to win

Attached: 60r9eaolrty21.jpg (1275x1650, 819K)

Hirer/recruiter/interviewer/resume-reader-who-decides-whether-or-not-to-give-ya-an-interview here! The main advice I give to fresh grads regarding resumes is this:

1- Make sure it is a resume, not a CV. Send the CV only when they ask for it.
2- Beware of the 6-second-rule. Make sure the reader can find your job-relevant skills in under 6 seconds.
3- Use good English. This advice is more pertinent if you are non-native English speaker.
4- Write your resume, read it, fix errors. Then go to sleep, reread it the next day, fix errors. Then send it to friends/family so they can proof-read, fix errors. THEN apply to jobs.

Whenever I try this I called shot down hard lol. Like "USE OUR ONLINE PORTAL" or "I HAVE NO TIME JUST FILL OUT THE ONLINE APP" or even "DONT CALL THIS NUMBER AGAIN PLEASE THANK YOU BYE BYE"

OP, make a linkedin ASAP and recruiters will be banging down your door. I only have an A+ and i'm being spammed by recruiters all the time.

Attached: 2Q.png (225x224, 114K)

That resume looks a little thin. Unless you have FAANG experience, you'll need to elaborate a little bit more?
>What did you do?
>How did you do it?
>What was the result?

Attached: wat.png (291x48, 2K)

actually this is a good idea. I'll endorse/connect with you guys

Any tips for non-fresh graduate who only had 1 year of formal working experience?

You bring up a good point that I forgot to make. You are not asking for an interview when you make contact, that's a big mistake. Nobody, NOBODY, wants to deal with an annoying ass candidate. You are trying to open a line of communication with somebody inside the company so they can get an idea of who you are before they even consider giving you the opportunity to have an interview.

This goes back to a previous point I made, most managers are fucking pussies. The last thing they ever want to do is to be put in a position that they have to tell somebody no. So don't put them in a position where they think that you want any kind of definitive answers from them about anything.

Also another hidden piece of information most people aren't aware of:

Most people... hate their job. So when you are trying to get hired, by the person who hates their job, and is going to be your boss, you need to consider that they are going to be suspicious off the bat.

Just remember that the main goal of any organization is to get work done. To be offered a job, you have to show them that you can get work done. So show your relevant skills PROMINENTLY in your resume, and show all the relevant work you did in that one year.

Also, you can do what the other anons did: Post your redacted resume here and get feedback.

Standard practice in Europe, but not autistic hobbies like video games and more like painting or hiking.

jesus, this is really bad.

i know this is hard when you have autism, but think about this:
- what message do you want someone to get when they read this?
- What do you want them to feel and think?
- How do you communicate that?

Your experience looks bad. Its worth listing but you can't get a job writing a whole paragraph about tech support.

One approach you might take is to just write an intro paragraph about your skills and your interest in the industry. Tell them what you like and what you want to do, and why you think you would be good.

Another is if you have one project you did on your own, write all about that project. What you did, what you had to learn, etc.

I know this isn't resume related but I cant find a better place to ask it and it doesn't deserve it's own thread.

How do I an entry level strait out of college dude answer the cursed what will you do in your first 30/60/90 days question? the truth is I don't fucking know I'll just show up and do what they tell me to do

I was neet for a really long time and for a first real job (sysadmin) i put in cv my education, stuff i learned from my homelab and previous jobs (shitty retail jobs) and i landed a pretty nice job.

An intro paragraph? I’ve been scoffed at for having an intro paragraph by more people than I can count. And that’s not my recent resume

If anyone cares, I used my edited resume and applied to jobs/updated it on dice and link and went to sleep. When I woke up I got contacted by two people already so thanks again

For someone fresh out of college with no work experience are online certs good to put in your cv?
Like Google Analytics or Stanford Lagunita certs

uh oh... is this brainlet's github empty?
no, certificates won't help you

I mean beside personal projects, education and a skills tab

>DUDE JUST HAVE A MASTER'S OF SCIENCE 5 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE AT AGE 20 ALL THE CERTS GITHUB LINKEDIN APP THAT HAS OVER 1 MILLION DOWNLOADS ON A POPULAR APP STORE THIS IS AN EMPLOYEE'S JOB MARKET JUST PUT YOURSELF OUT THERE AND EMPLOYERS WILL BE FIGHTING OVER YOU $800K STARTING LMAO

Attached: 1537268977622.jpg (586x524, 42K)

Would you recommend putting a github on the resume?

what githubs projects are good to put on github
do they actually check
or just check to see if you have one

>And DO NOT be one of those retards who does autistic shit like putting personal hobbies on his CV.
lukesmith.xyz/files/cv.pdf
bisqwit.iki.fi/cv.html

>shitty serif font with autistic numerals
>"professional summary" aka. useless text
>underlined headings
>center alignment
>no empty space
>explanation for certificates

trash tier. im sure becky in HR at giga-companies will love these.

What you need in your resume

>your name and contact info
>education: university+ only
>past work: ranked by chronological order, explanation only for the past 2 jobs
>buzzwords at the end to pass automated system

your resume should be 1 page only. There should be no decorations, only text.

no hobbies
no interests

an example database that i did in my traning. I can do it right now but i would like to know if it is worth it

Should I include a pic in the resume?

no

What if I did? And already sent it to multiple companies already haha?

good luck my man

My first resume, how did I do apart drom spell check?

Attached: 4c.png (713x761, 51K)

*from
kek

Do you put high school and primary school in a CV?

resume from what?
did you stop breathing
PEPE NO?

you want to include your own name unless this is a résumé for your dad.

Resume owner here. The beckys in HR at giga-companies are everywhere, and they are the main gatekeeper to the interview.

Why does getting a (decent) job seem so hard in america? even besides all of the bullshit hoops you have to jump through

I updated my resume and recensored it. I took your advice. How does it look now?

Attached: Annotation 2019-08-06 164721.png (1003x1248, 102K)

Never-ending influx of low-skill migrants makes it hard for younger guys to get half-decent blue collar jobs or other stuff that used to be done by people in college, those just out of highschool, etc.
Never-ending influx of H1B pajeets makes it hard for younger guys to get decent white collar jobs out of college.