RGT - Ryzen General Thread

It's been a whole month now.

Are the BIOS still shit?
Do do the CPUs still have temperature issues?
Which Motherboard comes with best Ryzen support?

Attached: e6387f4999c065bde60e86ee7f8a0be3.png (2000x1200, 122K)

Other urls found in this thread:

community.amd.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/2182-124770/Community_Update5_Detailed_Brief.pdf
youtu.be/ww4SiQ3dqk4?t=473
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Which Motherboard comes with best Ryzen support?
X399 motherboards running latest BIOS

delid dis

>1 whole month
>still no CCX bin spreads

Attached: 1445584685399.png (296x202, 150K)

>Are the BIOS still shit?
Yes. AMD and mobo makers are really shitting on their customers with their lack of any fixes.

How do you expect them to sell b550s if they release patches that fix all old mobos

>How do you expect them to sell b550s if they release patches that fix all old mobos
Bruh, so far even X570 are fucked so outlook's not so good on B550

LOL wut? How is x570 fucked?

What's wrong with the x570s?

Running 3900x with 570x aorus extreme. No problems so far. I had some odd temp spikes but I undervolted vcore by 0.01 and that fixed it. Runs at a cool 35C on a single 120mm aio. Planning on swapping it out for a larger noctua cooler.

I regret buying AMD.

*sigh* AMD never again

x570 is literally the only unfucked chipset. PBO is broken in all AGESA updates released so far. Everyone should disable that broken shit and go with manual overclocking, it's much better and more efficient than PBO.

everyone complaining about voltage spikes and temps are pussies. you didnt design the silicon, its under warranty, just stfu. my 3600 was at 1.4 with hwinfo open and all cores sat pretty at 4.2

cpu is fast as fuck on benchmarks. all on the stock cooler. im going to put on my old wraith spire as soon as the mx-4 comes in tomorrow, should enable auto-oc and pbo to go higher

I just realized after about a year of struggling that you're actually supposed to overclock your RAM and that this will actually improve stability. I've been ironically sticking to stock speeds thinking that it would be more stable.
Still not 100% stable, I'd have to quit my day job to tweak all those memory settings but I guess I can live with it. The one thing I love about my 1800 is the low temps. Ain't no Intel chip gonna run that cool.

hahaha I bet you are the same guys trying to tell me not to buy intel

i'm sure there will be a fix soon, gl

Enjoy your 2 GHz boost speed after 1 year of moderate use.

>undervolted by 0.01
1st that preset is not available as a choice
>t. aorus master
2nd what vcore reference - the 1.2 "normal" suggestion? You're throttling your own processor because the chip will put a ceiling on its clocks based on it not getting enough juice.
>x570 is literally the only unfucked chipset
To think of all the faggots, youtubers, and reviewers who were all chanting 'no you dont need a new chipset the old ones are fine and the new chipsets are a waste of money overall'.

Truth be told, the bajillion vrm phases present on the upper end x570 models seem superfluous now for higher-tier zen2 since you can't overclock them much but maybe they're useful for stock auto-clocking. But I'm happy with having the latest shit like pcie4 and usb 3.1 or whatever it is. I do have a gen4 ssd to go with the new platform.

What's the point of all their chips being overcloable when they can't oc at all? And on top why offer PBO when it is a broken meme?

It's all good man.

Attached: Speccy4.png (740x424, 31K)

Reposting my comment: All core was 4.3ish at 1.49v idle. Constantly. Without changing. Except under Prime95 where it went to 3.9ghz 1.2v.

However, it's so finicky, I've switched power plans and switched back and now it works perfectly. Idling at 0.9v and bursting when needed. Kinda relieved honestly, maybe because I closed Logitech software and reopened it and now it's all different.

Thank fuck. I didn't want 1.49 idle for 6 years

I've never seen a more pro-Intel than Jow Forums

>This is what autism looks like

>6 years

It won't last that long so you don't have to worry.

Could you be more specific? or are you projecting?

My last CPU certainly did (4770K), but I don't need to overclock this one either, so I reckon it'll last longer.

3700x on asus x570 prime pro.
Window shutdowns after waking up from sleep. How do I fix this?

>Are the BIOS still shit?
Works perfectly since day 1 for me
>Do do the CPUs still have temperature issues?
What issues?
>Which Motherboard comes with best Ryzen support?
Newest clearly

Why make these threads at all?
Do not tell me you don't know how to flash bios

Attached: file.png (558x546, 331K)

enjoy having it dead a day after warranty ends

what?

>u would not upgrade in a year
>1.4v bad
i ran my athlon x2 on 1.45 for years and each other component died before it

My Asrock b450m Pro4 finally got the latest BIOS which seems a lot more stable for me than the previous one, got back my old RAM speeds and everything. Feels good.

high voltage doesn't really matter on low currents

with high currents Ryzen will use safer voltages, their system is just very dynamic. you can test this out by looking at your voltages with full load and you'll notice they're substantially lower.

Is your ram 100% compatible, i.e. is it listed in the QVL of your mobo manufacturer?
I was having some occasional freeze but that was due to the fact I was using unsupported ram.
Ryzen can be really picky.

Just put this together, temperature sensors for the CPU are consistently wrong, I'm now basing all my cooling performance on the temperature sensors in the coolers themselves.

Attached: deepwater horizon II.png (900x733, 120K)

How different does it feel to use the following CPUs?
> 3600
> 2700
> 3700x
> 3900x

in your case
same

fuck this currency

the 3600 actually beats the 2700x in some benchmarks, perhaps surprisingly

Attached: monopoly dollars.png (494x580, 36K)

The only thing that receipt doesn't include in it's list is Tip

Bricked my mobo. Fuck jannies

>IT WERKS FOR ME
Baste!

It just werkz

Any benefits to undervolting? I remember seeing a chart yesterday where a 3700X reached its highest score in some benchmark at -0.05 to -0.1, but when I google it now all the resources tell me that benchmark scores actually decrease with lower voltage.

The tool you're using to monitor causes short voltage spikes since it keeps probing over and over

They changed that with the new chipset driver. For me, it was Logitech causing the high idle

>RGT
Regret General Thread

lol

do not fall for the gigabyte meme, I know it's unfair to take few motherboards in a batch of thousands, but my Elite got bricked because I was doing some stuff in the bios, so far I've been checking both reddit, gigabyte forum and other places, I can count nearly 10 peoples who had their mobo dying because you simply want to change timings, settings up your raid or changing some frequency on the cpu.

It's not the board itself but the bios are highly unstable and they don't recover after a cmos reset or whatever you try

Lower energy usage.
Lower CPU temperature for the same performance.
In laptop, your CPU will be cooler, your battery would be last longer and you would rarely get overheat.
>all the resources tell me that benchmark scores actually decrease with lower voltage.
That's because theoritically CPU will not hit the max temperature so it can perform better.

Lol where is the inshill thread?
reallly makes you wonder who's really the shills

What do you actually use that system for?

didnt the tomahawk max come out a while ago that runs the 3000 series out of box?

Is StoreMI worth it? I've just got an SSD but I'm too lazy to back up my shit, even more so to reinstall all drivers and software.
Is the performance between a StoreMI system vs a fresh Windows install that big?

Attached: EAfET0IU8AAXA-w.png (700x613, 404K)

Have we got a list of who has a good BIOS and who doesn't? My MSI Carbon X370 hasnt got any massive issues

I have the b450 aorus elite.
No problems here, fucked up the timings on my ram but it automatically reverted the settings. Same with messing around with voltages...
Running a 3600 with 120mm fan (Evo 212) under 100% load it gets to 70 degrees and gaming is around 50 degrees.
Voltages stay at 1.35 max, idle always under 1v usually 0.9

Xmp enabled and running 3000mhz 15cl Corsair lpx memory

Bios was flashed by the store where I bought the mobo

I'm using an old xfx 7950 that dumbs heat into the case like no tomorrow.

All in all my experience has been great, everything is fast as lightning coming from an Intel i7 2600.

Benched mine with cinebench en CPU id and both give normal performance and 4.2 boost: better that i5 9600 single thread and better multithread then i7 9700, bit slower single threaded than the i7 though but the price of my system was a lot lower than an Intel build would have been for comparable performance.

Tl;Dr
Ryzen 3600 with b450 board works great

Also ITT: intel trying it's hardest to sound like Ryzen owners with buyers regret.
All these false flag operations on Jow Forums are getting out of hand...

>people with X470s and X570s having issues
>literally zero issues with 3700X installed on B350

Attached: 1480139670698.jpg (600x697, 91K)

It came out in like 5 stores worldwide and they're jacking up the price on purpose. Noone knows how it performs besides two posts on their reddit and a couple german customer reviews which report long boot times.

you don't need stormi for ssd. StoreMI is for your harddrive. it just uses bits of the SSD to speed up certain processes on the HDD.
Please read/youtube cause there is quite abit a 10min video can copy that'll take 30mins to type and explain.

What is there to fix? 1.45v is by design user.

I've just got an SSD. My PC had an HDD. That's why I was asking if it's worth it. I think I'll just do the fresh install anyway.

New owner here

Using the 3700x with the stock cooler on Max speed (forgot to change the setting to high but I have a mini itx and it will be a pain)

Temps idle at 30-40 in ryzen master but claim 50 in bios (people claim it's false) plus my room can get hot.

MB is ASRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming-ITX/ac (B450) no hiccups on installation besides my ram being read as 2300 instead of 3200 which I fixed.

This is day one but I'm confident it'll be fine

Attached: 47B5029D-8F37-4D9F-BDE7-783C88B387DD.jpg (1242x925, 1M)

Also I slightly undervolted in ryzen master and the thermals are much more stable especially in games they peak at 50c on monster world on Max settings 4k

Depends on the use case. All core performance can increase with undervolting but single core performance suffers almost always if you undervolt at all. I'd suggest not undervolting unless you really know what you're doing because zen2 is designed to stay stable even at insufficient voltage levels which leads to the idea that you can lower it while retaining performance and stability, but in reality most of the time you'll just cause a bunch of clock stretching and decreased performance.

Honestly 3700X is so energy efficient that undervolting is kind of a moot point with that processor. You don't need to be scared of the "high thermals" because most of the time that's just software reporting the reading of whichever sensor happens to indicate the highest temperature. That can cause the illusion that the CPU is baking while in reality the processor is justfine thermally. You can deal with the fan ramping by setting a more moderate fan curve up to something like 50-60 degrees.

Tell me more, I have a Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. AB350-Gaming 3-CF (AM4) and I'm considering upgrading my Ryzen 5 1600 to something better. What should I go with?

Nothing. Instead the BACKWARDS COMPATABILITY fags are crying because AMD won't allow 300/400 series boards to get PCI-E 4.0 bios DESPITE it causing issues with the GPUs hence why the first post bios update fix on x470s is to disable 4.0. It's basically tears from poor fags who bought a 3900x and 5700XT and did it by skimping on the board by using a $100 X470.
It's ALWAYS like this on new releases where features on boards are added and older board users are salty they have to update for access.

Poorfag here, I recently upgraded from an i5-3330s to a Ryzen 5 1600, got one from microcenter for $50. Feels good to be on the winning team for once.

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg (250x250, 15K)

that looks so sexy

Are there any macbook clones that use ryzen?

Attached: 1564278904409.jpg (2048x1024, 262K)

>thinks AMD CPUs last as long as Intel
I'm a Best Performance guy but I'm 100% aware that AMD chips tend to die much more often than Intel. I mean I had my 4770k at 4.4ghz from new on a Silentium Fortis 3 and it's STILL working while most AMD chips die after 4-5 years while at stock while on AIOs.
Ryzen is still too new to gauge by that standard but the quality control on the chips and new GPUs, intentional or otherwise, is all over the place with some of the chips getting 4.4 all core OCs and others barely able to do 1 core 4.4 and then the rest stuck at 4.1 despite the boost claiming 4.3 while some Navi cards are incapable of OC on air at all, some getting 2.1 on water while others can get 2.1 Ghz with the fucking blower. The silicon lottery of Intel was getting the gold standard chip to hit VAST OC's. On AMD? It seems it's more a case of being able to OC at all.

>AMD chips tend to die much more often than Intel
First time hearing this. I don't think I've heard of anyone's CPU, AMD or Intel, dying unless someone did a bad overclock or there was an accident (PSU blowout, water cooling leak, etc).

AMD is bestest

I've heard that sometimes ryzen doesn't even boot

Stop pulling things out of your ass, nobody cares about 4.0 when literally nothing uses it, people complain about them because of the fans or because the price, nothing else.

>Do do the CPUs still have temperature issues?
I think this is by design. The CPUs idle at 99% of their base clock if they aren't in sleep mode so the idle temps are always going to be high.

The case is the in win A1 plus I wouldn't recommend it if you already have a power supply or big hands (which I have)

It was a nightmare to build but Worth it in the end.

Works on my machine.

>Noone knows how it performs
exactly the same as the non max version, they didnt change anything

basically this, all the ryzen complaints are from people that dont know how it works.
read
community.amd.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/2182-124770/Community_Update5_Detailed_Brief.pdf
or watch
youtu.be/ww4SiQ3dqk4?t=473

Not sure about Gigabyte's B350 BIOS support but ASUS' B350 BIOS with AGESA 1.0.0.2 seems to be working okay, so I guess see that the updated BIOS for that board has at least that version of AGESA before pulling the trigger. Only issue I've had is that it takes kind of a long time to post. Everything else is fine.

As for what to upgrade to, your board should be fine VRM wise with everything up to 3800X. If you want more cores/threads then 3700X is a decent balance of performance and price. If you don't mind sticking to 6c/12t then 3600 is the absolute best choice. It should give you up to 25% better single thread performance compared to 1600 so it should be a fairly substantial upgrade all around. You can also use the Wraith Spire cooler that came with your 1600 to slightly improve its performance vs 3600's bundled Stealth cooler. The memory controller is also much better, so if you have high speed RAM that isn't playing nicely with 1600, there's a good chance 3600 will run it at its rated speed without issues. Overall, I'd recommend 3600.

I actually just got a fucked 3700X and had to RMA it. That one was hurting my head.

Oh and I should add that 2700X's price is getting pretty close to 3600's, so that's also a good 8c/16t option. The single core perf isn't as good as 3600's, but multicore it should still pull ahead thanks to the higher thread count. The downside with 2700X is that it pulls way more power than both 3600 and 3700X, which puts more strain on the VRMs and power supply requirements. In the end, you need to weigh what matters to you more, more threads or overall performance.

>most AMD chips die after 4-5 years
total bullshit

Stop spreading FUD, faggot.
Chips do not just die randomly. Nothing is ever going to kick the bucket unless it experienced ESD damage, or was operating with destructive levels of voltage 24/7.

Aorus X570 Master here, latest BIOS fixed a lot of shit.
Only problem now is the CPU boosting for the dumbest things ramping up my fans.

update the chipset driver

Nice price.

B450m gaming plus (can support a 12 core oc’d)
Wraith spire from my old 1600
3600 cl17
1800 fclk
Really zippy, hits 4.2 on all cores no problem. Beats an 8700k in single thread

Dont spread bs, 3600 has higher multicore perf

Multiboxing in EVE.

>playing EVE in 2019 when its F2P, all the big players are long gone, high sec is now filled with Brazilians, and CCCP can't even bother spending enough time to make a real Christmas event anymore
Why would you do that to yourself?

While theres no other thread: I still use an Asus P8P67 motherboard with my i5-2500k; it's not dying, luckily. What is a beast motherboard like it that features some of the newer stuff, like the NVMe ports? Has there been an all-around champion yet?

M.2*
>i feel old

those are pretty much standard on all new motherboards

>have to wait 3 months to upgrade because both AMD and Intel take time to fix their shit after launch
it's all so tiresome

>Truth be told, the bajillion vrm phases present on the upper end x570 models seem superfluous now for higher-tier zen2 since you can't overclock
Not even the mobo makers expected Zen 2 to have such a hard clock wall so low.

I think it's ironic how early adopters both pay more, and have to deal with issues.
People who wait 1-3 months both get things cheaper on sale, AND they get it after the vast majority of the issues are worked out.

There are people who paid $900 for the GTX 1080, and $600+ for Vega. Lmao.

Everyone involved knew exactly how Zen2 chips were going to clock, this wasn't some unexpected result. The heavy duty VRM phases help sell the boards as more premium, and they do have some utility with PBO for the upcoming 16c/32 3950X

The 105w 3900X can have total package power draw exceed 140w at stock. Power delivery improvements were required.

>14nm
Almost intel-level pleb now. 7nm Zen 2 is the only masterrace.

If everyone knew and the beefy VRMs are a purely marketing feature now, perhaps reviewers should check whether all of the VRM elements are actually functional and not just duds for looks.

I bet it is, but i am all right with what i have for now, maybe in the future i might upgrade when all the issues are fixed if at all.

Bitch you don't understand being the firstest with the mostest. Second place is just first place loser.
I totally agree with you though. I'm going to wait a few months before putting a ryzen build together.

Attached: hHH.png (1109x614, 592K)

Slow BIOS post and some occasionally BSOD after waking yo from sleep.