ZeroNet thread

Does anyone use this Software? It's a p2p decentralized program that can host a site that are encrypted and can't be taken down ever.
Asking because there was a massive influx of cripplechan posters that are now making this software much more relevant again.
zeronet.io/

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-08-06 at 12.27.13 PM.png (796x602, 107K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/CodeMonkeyZ/status/1158897000470814721
zeronet.io/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

RUNS ON PYTHON.

L O L!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So? What are you laughing about?

I've used it for getting torrents before. Very useful for pirating. I wouldn't trust any message boards to not have CP though. How is the moderation on those zero sites??

Absolutely NO MODERATION.
It's all self moderated. Meaning the user can mute and blacklist someone posting CP and it's off their system forever.

This is wrong though. Zites are controlled by the person who owns the private key for the zite which can be used to remove content from the content.json

There is active moderation. I don't want to have to "purge" CP from my computer. I would prefer it to not be there to begin with which is why active moderation of an Jow Forums clone is necessary.

The text boards on zeronet are preferable to me if there is no active moderation happening.

Fair enough. But thats the extent that the person who owns the key has.
The person cannot see IP addresses.

This is an interesting concept. I can see this being a very good thing or a very bad thing. What happens if something dangerous happens?

What can the police do? We all agree there's content that should not be allowed and these sites will have it without doubt. Is there any recourse? Or will they just end up shutting the entire thing down if it gets out of hand? I know on Tor it's difficult for them but they manage to find the servers and shut them down like the silk road.

Police can basically do fuck all to the site.
Due to it's p2p decentralized nature, NOTHING can take it down. China is having a hard time taking down the site, given by the absurd amount of chinese websites there are on here.

People that don't program don't know what they're saying. So its best to ignore them.

Don't mind him, he's just special.

Python often gets a reputation for being shit because it's easy to learn, and novice programmers will often make something with lots of bugs or poor programming practices in Python. But that doesn't mean the language itself is bad, nor does it mean that everyone using it is bad. It's more abstract than more "efficient" languages but for most nontraditional server applications CPU usage won't bottleneck you before bandwidth does

My experience with Zeronet is that it's fucking awesome and simultaneously fucking sucks.

Oh NO! Fast development and readable code.

Attached: nigger.jpg (320x296, 43K)

>main hub for right wing radicalism now running on a platform made by a guy who hates white people
kek

Holy shit, did you just get on 08? I keep getting CONTENT.JSON DOWNLOAD FAILED. Anybody knows how to fix it?

Python has a bad reputation because it's the slowest garbage ever. Nothing is a bigger waste of system resources then using python.

Explain.

Typically slow, requires Tor since anything you need to be decentralized should probably be anonymous too, and developing websites for it is a bitch, you just need to clone and edit something that already exists. (last time I messed with ZeroNet web dev was a long time ago and I might be retarded.)

Dilate

brainlet

Cope

Your glow is showing.

it can only host static content right, no applications like Wordpress on PHP?

periodically burning your local install of zeronet was mentioned as a way to deal with this.

how do you get tor mode to work. it always gives me errors

seethe

Unrelated to the thread, is protonmail safe to use? I plan on deleting my gmail accounts

>is protonmail safe to use
yes, as in the content is only decrypted on your end, if police reach out to them the only thing they can do share with them is your IP address and they have acknowledged giving that out to police even real time, which gmail does on top of also sharing all the content

>installed zeronet through snap
>access 08ch
>laptop crashed within minutes
Is my laptop too slow? or is it snap that causing this?

If you accessed ZeroNet 8ch without going through Tor then congrats, you are on an FBI dissenter list. God help you if you happen to own registered firearms.

ikr? This is a hous of cards just waiting to fall

Im gonna use it as my personal and business email, any reason why that would be a bad idea? Thanks for the info user

achoo

if your business is in any way related to privacy etc then it's good, will show them you're at least privacy conscious, if it relates to working with children stay on gmail, so they can screen your emails and not even raise an eyebrow

It's definitely a step up from gmail in so far as privacy is concerned. Gmail is unequaled when it comes to security, as their spam filter and virus scanner are top notch.

That said, as someone who used protonmail for the past few years, I recently switched over to Criptext. I like it a lot better, and it uses the signal protocol (which was specifically developed to kill PGP) instead of Protonmail's PGP.

Obviously, there are pros and cons to both encryption protocols. Signal is a lot easier to get set up and running, plus criptext purges all messages they receive from their server the second it reaches your device, but you won't be able to give out a PGP key to have other people send you PGP messages.

Protonmail isn't a bad option, but depending on what you are wanting out of a private email provider, Tutanota or Criptext may be better for you.

If you're on Jow Forums and not already on a list you're either doing it wrong or a Stallman tier privacy wonk

Oh good, a thread on this is up. I wasn't aware the cache saps away HDD space as I browse around. How do I go about wiping that stuff away? I have less then 1GB of space left.

Limited message send/receives per day (I think it's 300 for the free version), worse spam/antivirus detection, the emails are kept encrypted on Protonmail's servers (unlike Criptext, which keeps it on your device once delivered), and there are space limits (which may or may not be an issue, depending on how well you police your account).

Also, PGP does not encrypt to/from, the time sent/received, or the subject line. It's not really a "con" per say, but something to keep in mind if you're actually privacy-minded.

just delete the files if you're done browsing, should be in the same dir as the binary if you're using precompiled, or from where you started the .py

Yeah, thanks for contributing to fucking up the last piece of the internet which is kind of free.
That kind of mentality is what produces shooters. You remove the only way a mental retarded autism boy with guns has to express himself and the only thing he has left is to shoot his school.
I agree that the "public internet" should be moderated, as there are a lot of normalfags out there that shouldn't see some stuff and will get triggered by nothing at all, like a fucking dead meme of boku no pico or whatever, but there should still be some places, if maybe a little obscure like zeronet, maybe just the right minimum amount of moderation to not leave any fucker to take down the site and that's all.
If people can't moderate itself without posting CP, then that means that if they get moderated on zero, they will find any other place to post that shit.

What I want is to have free speech nit to be able to post CP or whatever. Look at Twitter, it fucking died since 2014 or before, but this year is even worse. I have seen people getting fired up from tweets.

I'm back, turns out snap is shit, followed the official instruction, now it works.

I'm surprise by how fast it is, btw any interesting zero sites?
>given by the absurd amount of chinese websites there are on here.
links?

>muh slow python circlejerk
There's nothing in the world that big as my tire of this programmer humor cancer where sixth-graders who just learned if/else in one language start to think they're experts and shower other languages with shit their brains consist of.
Go away to your cave to your friends and continue to lick each other's anuses while repeating that %the_one_I_use% language is superior, frendo.

Attached: kot.png (500x501, 351K)

Thats the cost of true freedom.

>links?
Just download the app, its full of chinese posts on the homepage.

Attached: file.png (650x974, 79K)

Don’t do it, you’ll be charged with uploading cp in no time.

Basically the Unity of programming.

Man, you glowies sure are fucking terrified of ZeroNet getting popular huh?

the stupid thing about it you will upload cp which is bad thing to do. its illegal!

It tries to compile something. Fuck it until it shows up in reps.

Enjoy your honeypot bud
twitter.com/CodeMonkeyZ/status/1158897000470814721

>python
>fast development
>readable code
kek

Shhh..please just let the tech-illiterate pol-tards stumble their way into setting this trash up, so they can leave. Hopefully they take Brave/Dissenter shill with them.

>I agree that the "public internet" should be moderated,
public internet shouldn't be moderated. it should be read only for normalfags. a channel to watch netflix and buy shit from amazon. no active content creation without a license. npcs have proven that they can't handle freedom of speech. they are consumer drones and need to be kept in check.

oh noes, looks like that fucktard will have to get a job. over are the sweet times of being a faggy 8ch owner-operator.
getting rid of those faggots is good. 8ch over 0net is the best implementation of any discussion forum.

The admin of 08ch never implying it was an official mirror, keep shilling.

Implied*

so what's the best based Jow Forums approved language?

what's snap?

It's used to avoid chink censorship in chinkland

ubuntu's version of docker/flatpak

No shit Sherlock.

is this IPFS for absolute faggot discord webshits?

literally bittorrent

No, IPFS is good for file sharing, ZeroNet is good for responsive web browsing.

Thats like saying that Jow Forums is literally html.

>sixth entry
>china is currently being blacked
>this site only has one entry, detailing how the one belt one road initiative will only worsen china's issue with niggers
based

>Im gonna use it as my personal and business email, any reason why that would be a bad idea?
there is a much greater chance of you waking up one day and proton mail not existing and never coming back than gmail

If you're concerned about this aspect: You should consider getting a personal domain that you control, and then setting up Protonmail to provide email service on that domain. Particularly since you said you would be using it for business purposes, it's a good idea to have email addresses that you "own" yourself, and you can always switch providers at will (or self-host).
This is what I would suggest for any service (not just Protonmail), as it's better to avoid becoming beholden to a particular service, regardless of how good it seems at any particular point in time.

I wanted to try but there's a CP board on zeronet's cripplechan. I don't want to risk seeding that shit, even though I've read you only seed images you willingly download. I'd be using tor anyway, and I could always nuke the entire zeronet folder overwriting everything 30 times but I'm way too paranoid.
I know there's probably glowniggers or just some retards spreading fud about it, but again, paranoia. I'd need to have official source about how the whole file seeding works and be absolutely sure.

Chinks aren't allowed to complain about niggers on the internet?

Its open source.

When it interferes with the obor plan I guess yeah

I meant documentation, to read and be sure of its behavior.

ZeroNet

zeronet.io/

Why?

We believe in open, free, and uncensored network and communication.
No single point of failure: Site remains online so long as at least 1 peer is serving it.
No hosting costs: Sites are served by visitors.
Impossible to shut down: It's nowhere because it's everywhere.
Fast and works offline: You can access the site even if Internet is unavailable.

Features

Real-time updated sites
Namecoin .bit domains support
Easy to setup: unpack & run
Clone websites in one click
Password-less BIP32 based authorization: Your account is protected by the same cryptography as your Bitcoin wallet
Built-in SQL server with P2P data synchronization: Allows easier site development and faster page load times
Anonymity: Full Tor network support with .onion hidden services instead of IPv4 addresses
TLS encrypted connections
Automatic uPnP port opening
Plugin for multiuser (openproxy) support
Works with any browser/OS

How does it work?

When you visit a new zeronet site, it tries to find peers using the BitTorrent network so it can download the site files (html, css, js...) from them.
Each visited site is also served by you.
Every site contains a content.json file which holds all other files in a sha512 hash and a signature generated using the site's private key.
If the site owner (who has the private key for the site address) modifies the site, then he/she signs the new content.json and publishes it to the peers. Afterwards, the peers verify the content.json integrity (using the signature), they download the modified files and publish the new content to other peers.

Autists have proven you can't handle freedom of speech. You get the most advanced communication system in human history.. And use it to whine like little bitches about why black people and Jews are the reason your ugly ass can't get laid before shooting up people somewhere. Normies makes use of the Internet fine. It's edgy virgin autists white males who can't handle freedom of speech.

Attached: 0k7j58tdpjfz.jpg (600x400, 45K)

>Nothing is a bigger waste of system resources then using python.
you forgot a shitshow called javascript

oh, with normies I mean autistic pol nazitards, too. only people allowed write access should be corporations and individuals who know at least 2 assembly dialects. anyone else: just a stupid consumer drone

there will be always be the problem of cp...
i'm having a lot of fun on it thought
feels like early internet again
wish just there was some better use than hosting edgy content

Imagine living in a leftist utopia that only exists inside your head, im glad you will suicide from the gene pool.

>wish just there was some better use than hosting edgy content
Thats what they should be really working on if they want to bring it to the masses, they need a youtube, twitter and a reddit alternative.

Go ahead, explain to them why it's a honeypot. I'm curious too, considering all addresses are obfuscated via a namecoin address.

...but you clearly know something that all of us in this thread are missing after. I'm all ears.

Even the .bit site owner can't see IPs. So, what magic shit are you looking at, glowfag?

>they need a youtube, twitter and a reddit alternative.
zeronet already has those

looks cool, i like it but i have 2 problems:
1: i live in a country where this is not really a problem but I would not wan to use a platform where one could upload cp and not get banned for it fast enough for it to disapear before i can see it. Jow Forums has had a couple of retards during the years that have posted cp and while it was always just "family photos" it is really easy to avoid these retards and even repport them to the feds
2. some times i get no pictures and the whole thing is rather slow. I get that it cannot be faster but it is kind of annoying that way.

>Go ahead, explain to them why it's a honeypot
you know how they fuck torrent users by scanning what they are downloading
you can do the same thing there
they can see what you seed so you have to use tor

>it's 1:1 bittorrent protocol bro
>being this much of a brainlet glowfag zoomer fuck
Go ahead, explain to me how someone would be able to correlate your IP on any tracker to the files being hosted on your local machine.

I ' M A L L E A R S

when they download from you they know what they are getting and they get your ip

>the ABSOLUTE state of 8gag

Attached: 1546074654581.png (1022x599, 179K)

Where did you get "It's a honeypot" out of my post? I don't care if it's the new officially approved containment-space or a giant government trap. I just honestly want you all to go away. We have enough poltards who can't keep their shit in their containment board already.

you are literally cringe. also in advance don't (You) me

The problem is getting content creators to start using it. Advertizers are lockstep with youtube/google and won't touch it. Someone tell Nord VPN to start shilling on it maybe?

>doesn't understand that all .bit dns resolves to namecoin addresses
It's actually kind of cool that the dns resolver cache is seeded this way too. Neato.

(pic related)

Attached: file.png (1246x803, 139K)

you can't decentralize server applications.

In theory, the way data transactions are performed, it's pretty safe. But, you can still see that your IP is seeding "something" via the tracker. Nobody can say for sure what that something is. Still need to use TOR if you want to entirely obfuscate your IP... just sayin

Still tho, this privacy tech arms race is pretty interesting to watch get accelerated by mass shootings and Jeffery Epstein damage control. I'm just happy to be on the ride.