/spg/ - Smartphone General

Galaxy Note 10 Launch Hype Edition

Watch the launch event live at 4PM EDT (10PM CEST) here:
samsung.com/global/galaxy/events/unpacked/

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget, and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: galaxy_note_10_leak_ishan_agarwal_combo.0.jpg (1200x800, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/marcan42/status/1149868277478252545
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What hype? It's a piece of junk. Might as well get the OnePlus 7 Pro, fuck this overpriced junk. I'm sure even the shitty Pixel 4 will offer better value than this.

I find the metallic sides quite ugly, the all black S8s and S9s were the best looking samsung phones, had a really homogeneous look with the curved edges like some sort of a precious stone

I'm waiting for my Mi 9T but lately I've been hearing opinions that the camera is really shit (just install gcam bro) and sound from headphones is really quiet and not impressive, is that true?

My old phone was Axon 7, so the sound quality was more than decent, is the camera at least comparable?

Attached: 1494570923924.jpg (1280x1871, 454K)

> What hype
Stylus.

>no 3.5mm
Yawn

> I'm sure even the shitty Pixel 4
Note 10 is only slightly more expensive than the S10 now.
Why do you need it?

A local phone store has redmi note 7 but I ordered a lenovo z6 youth online. It'll come in 2 weeks. Did I fuck up with Lenovo spyware software?

Isn't the Note 10 gonna be $1000+?

Absolutely! Doesn't matter though. All chinee phones have shit os. So it doesn't matter one bit. Enjoy the phone, it's got nice specs.

oh yeah this is being shown today

Which cheap chink phone should I buy for 150 euro or less in Europe?

Adapters suck, Bluetooth headphones suck, and I want to keep my phone constantly charging to enable prolonged rhythm gaming sessions. Last minute ranking is no joke.

I hear it'll be going for like $949.

Russian prices have already been announced. 76 990 rubles for the basic GN10. Keep in mind that in Russia all taxes are already included in the price.
The 8/128 S10 + costs exactly the same.

Get the ROG phone 2, it was made for you.

Yeah, but it's not available here yet. And even in places where it's available it's sold out. Bummer.

Redmi Note 7

Stock audio is pretty mediocre, you need to trick it out using "sound enhancer" and equalizer. Then you can actually bring it to retarded levels of loud.

Apparently, those who bought the OnePlus 6T are completely idiots.

what makes u say this

OnePlus 7 came out

yes and?

Attached: YES AND.jpg (114x113, 3K)

Isn't the sensor for note still the same as note 7?

While the fake DoF every phone does these days, it's going to be interesting to see how fucked it looks for video.

Buying a budget phone is so annoying, every phone has that one thing that another model does better and vice versa.

Attached: ss+(2019-08-07+at+02.20.31).jpg (832x256, 44K)

Few months later you has 855 instead of 845, 256 instead of 128, and faster memory for less price.

Does Sony still make compact phones?

That's why you buy one according to your usage and needs. This shit is obvious. Like, where do you live, and what do you use your phone for?

When do you buy a new phone?

No, XZ2 Compact was the last one

All I need is good battery life, pretty fast responses when using map software (google maps for example) a notchless screen and it shouldn't croak immediately in -30c winters which I see many chinese brands (and some korean) doing on a regular basis.
I'll probably go for the Xperia L3 because they seem to be pretty cold proof.

Buying a budget phone is easy, you just get a Redmi Note 7.

I still have some time to cancel my order for the Mi Mix 2s, what do?

I wonder what type of preorder offer Samsung will have for the new Note
Last year they gave pretty good AKG headphones to people who preordered for free

how much did you pay for it

Yes, cancel and get Mi9T / wait for Mi9T Pro

Is it actually worth upgrading an A2 Lite to a Note 7?

If the news about the Snapdragon being carrier exclusive are true then they just lost a sale. Here I'm watching videos of people making a HUGE deal of the Snapdragon only to be potentially disappointed.

Attached: 1558077690413.jpg (1200x800, 112K)

WHEN

Attached: file.png (1200x800, 1.37M)

Is official LOS support a good indicator of decent custom ROM support?

Snap version is actually worse.

What happened to ES file explorer?

Attached: 1564706852372.jpg (436x536, 51K)

Can't even use thirdparty apps with snapdragon to make use of the video capability such as filmicpro.

was wondering the same, I don't see it on playstore

£330
too big

you fucked up
330 islanddollars is too much

It was full of shitty virus ads
Use Xplore instead and enable the dark theme in the settings

It was never that good. Cx file explorer is all that is needed.

>its the 128gb ver.
genuinely cannot find anything else within my criteria for less so it is what it is

mi9se is a manlet phone too

just get hauwei bro

twitter.com/marcan42/status/1149868277478252545

Is the Mi 9 SE worth it that much over an RN7 Pro?

>notch
wouldnt be caught dead with a notched phone m8 kek

Does anyone here have the Realme X or another Oppo phone? How is Color OS compared to MIUI? I'm thinking about buying the Realme X for the OLED display, is it good?
How much more? I'd say yes. Better display (OLED), better processor, better build quality.

Attached: 8065386116200844.jpg (960x960, 292K)

What is a phone with a good screen, nice camera, and decent battery life that will fit in a normal person's hand?

a headphone jack would be nice

About 50/60€ for half the storage. Not that storage is a big deal for me to be honest.

I'd get the SE for the OLED display. That's a must for my next phone.

> How is Color OS compared to MIUI
At least there is no ads in it.

Reposting

Definitely, yes.

Guys, what's the phone with best camera so far?

Is it only Apple?

iPhone 5 SE user here, had it for a while (used to have a regular 5 but replaced it and the SE a couple of times), and now it's starting to shit on me (constantly filling up with "Other" data for literally no reason so I have to reset it constantly), so I'm in the market for a new phone.

Not sure what I wanna get tho, ideally I want something with more than 16 gigs of data, decent camera/audio/video quality, a voice assistant like Siri (which I assume most phones have anyway), something I can easily put/listen to music on (again, likely a given with all phones), and something that could run emulators or certain types of apps that you would have to jailbreak your iPhone to use. Prolly gonna steer away from iPhones tho cus they're expensive as fuck (gg Apple).

Attached: apple-iphone-5se-mobile-phone-large-1.jpg (300x400, 20K)

Some user mentioned getting an Lg G7 Thinq instead. What's the best bang for by buck?

>$900

S10+ Exynos for $600, yay or nay?

Attached: samsung-s10-1.jpg (3648x2736, 1.54M)

Is Lineage OS basically just Android One?
I seriously can't stand all this google shit on Android One. Can you disable that stuff in Lineage?

Yes.

> Is Lineage OS basically just Android One?
Not even close.

What do you usually do when jewgle cuck store fucks up yet again on you and you feel like throwing a litter of puppies into boiling water?

What is the OnePlus 6T worth changing for?

Sitting on a Galaxy Note8 right now, up for my upgrade to a Note10 if I want, but if it doesn't have a headphone jack, what the fuck is the point?

Is there any reason for me to upgrade? Should I wait another year and hope samsung brings the headphone jack back? Should i just go with another company?

Headphone jacks won't be coming back in flagship phones.
The only phones that will have it will be specialized phones, for example outdoor phones.

It was getting antisemitic in the minds of the G**gle overlords pathological mindset

>72222222

Who the fuck asked for for more megapixels? Did you ask for more megapixels? I did not ask for more megapixels.

Attached: EBWT0XjU8AAmNXN.jpg (901x610, 53K)

>72222222

The LG has better specs so if you can find it for about the same price then go for the LG. Though I'm not sure how's the ROM development for LG phones but if you don't care about that then go for it.

Give me USB type-C with analog passthrough (it's an optional part of the USB type-c specification that most phones don't use) and include the same amp/DAC that's currently in the phones and i'd be happy.

Give me TWO USB type-C ports and i'd be even happier.

I simply wont switch to wireless, never happening for me.

Interference, battery life, audio quality. Why would I ever CHOOSE a worse experience for myself?

Because it's convenient and most so called audiophiles are the victims of placebo effect anyway.

There are enough of them for at least one or two manufacturers to continue making premium flagship devices with headphone jacks.

I guess samsung just isn't one of them, at least not this year.

They won't be in the future either. The place used up by the headphone jack can be better spent on a better battery, for example. Most people simply don't care whether the phones have a jack or not.
Just don't wait for next year's Note in the vain jope that it will have a jack. It won't. If you really need one, then look for another company.

P30 Pro

They got rid of the mSD card and brought that back after the backlash, so who knows, if Note10 sales are trash, it could be back with the Note11.

Didn't happen with the iPhone. Didn't happen with the P30 either.

Nothing, possibly the Mate 30 Pro, or wait for the S11+, provided it's not notchshit.

Are either of those companies samsung?

Weird, guess Samsung makes more than I thought.

We won't be getting rid of notches any time soon. See: recent developments at Apple and Google.

Lain get

Attached: 1563788263372.png (800x800, 280K)

based

LAIN

Attached: 1524027701110.png (831x622, 356K)

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Samshit said they'd make in display cameras for the S11 phones and onwards.

>>Jow Forums72222222

What happened to the ZTE axon 7 lineage OS? I haven't had and update for a few months. Has it been discontinued? If so what do I do now?

also

Shit get.

What I asked was headphone jack and cheaper and better processors/gpu, fuck megapixels

>that will fit in a normal person's hand?
lol
get the fuck outta here kid
what year do you think this is?
anti-bigphoneism is anti-semitism! nu-police, arrest this thought criminal! you will buy the products the government-approved megacorps tell you to buy and you will think no questions!

Does anybody here have any experience with rooting the Samsung S10 and downclocking the CPU with a kernel manager? Does it work, or have any effect at all?

I'm thinking about buying the S10e, but I'm in Europe so I'd have to get the Exynos version and from what I've read it runs much hotter than the Snapdragon version.

>Why do you need it?
>Why do you need an essential port?
No idea.

I will never buy a phone without a 3.5mm jack (before subcutanous induction tech gets off the ground properly).

Attached: apu kuuntelee musiikkia.jpg (600x485, 25K)