Dissent, a Reddit alternative based on the principles of free speech, privacy and freedom

We at Dissent are building a new platform that will function as an alternative to corporate monoliths such as Reddit or Facebook. We strongly believe in the privileges granted by the 1st amendment and we wish to provide a platform that remains unbiased and fair. We want our service to be self governing without direct involvement of admins. Moderators can make rules that won’t be encroached on by politically biased admins. We are trying to provide a free speech oriented platform without all the B.S. that Reddit is currently dealing with. We only have a few global rules on our site, but we are leaving the moderation up to the moderators. All admin logs are public to promote transparency. We have no rules on hate speech/offensive politics but it is up to the moderators to decide what they want in their sub. We value user privacy and transparency. We will never log your IP nor do we ask for an email that could be used to track you. Feel free to message us if you have any questions!

dissent.cx

|Reddit communities on Dissent|

Politics on Dissent:
dissent.cx/s/Politics

The_Donald on Dissent:
dissent.cx/s/The_Donald

frenworld on Dissent:
dissent.cx/s/frenworld

|Status|

Currently Dissent is brand new and we are in the beta testing phase, please be patient with the site but rest assured, we are improving it slowly but surely. If you have any feedback please send me a private message.
dissent.cx/u/prometheus

Attached: A3B10F05-BABC-4292-A4F9-0C2FB6B8326D.jpg (400x400, 173K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dissent.cx/s/
dissent.cx/s/Politics
dissent.cx/s/The_Donald
dissent.cx/s/nsfw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

advertising is against the rules
enjoy your ban

>a Reddit alternative
Who gives a shit?

Make the homepage dissent.cx/s/ and skip the "fancy" landing page graphics and writefaggotry

>steal name from gab.ai
>attempt to replace voat

fucking kill yourself, stupid nigger.

what a faggot
if i have to make an account i aint postin
set up vichan or lynxchan if you want anyone here to be interested
now fuck off back to >>>/dissent/

>product name that starts with "dis"
Might as well declare bankruptcy

>Politics on Dissent:
>dissent.cx/s/Politics
>The_Donald on Dissent:
>dissent.cx/s/The_Donald

So you made the Reddit version of Jow Forums?
Fuck off really.

>free speech
>privacy
>have to make an account

kill yourselves, fucking cringe ass faggots
nobody gives a shit about your 30iq boomer echo chamber in the same manner no one gives a shit about the reddit echo chamber, go advertise your shitty social media on social media
and read the fucking rules, sasuge nigger

Attached: 7c0996b.jpg (1815x1807, 228K)

>We are trying to provide a free speech oriented platform without all the B.S. that Reddit is currently dealing with.
Site currently has no way of adding new boards.
Admins added bunch of right wing boards by default.
Yeah, totally neutral.

Voltaire was a KEK

>muh no rules freeze speeach!!
Surely this will be different from all others alt-rat scum holes...

Attached: 1554712199845.jpg (567x564, 78K)

Aether already exists and that doesn't depend on anyones central servers (except for images)

you advertise it as free speech but just like gab you probably ban loli
also fuck off discord trannies

honeypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypothoneypot

>we

stopped reading there

Attached: thats-faggot-shit.jpg (326x327, 77K)

Holy shit is that some bad and bloated design.
What's wrong with imageboard or even messageboard type of design? Too plane for the zoomer?
Get that shit out of here.

>We will never log your IP nor do we ask for an email that could be used to track you.
>make account to post

lol these dumbasses never fucking learn

ill try to give the first serious answer:
forget Jow Forums and most of Jow Forums really.. they dont care about free speech. they dont care that the world is going to shit because of all the nu-liberals cancer.

all Jow Forums wants is lolis and children because theyre a bunch of pedos. yes disgussing i know, but its the truth.

want proof? check these digits

announcing reports is against the rules, too

well, good thing he didn't do that then

>he
youre not fooling anyone you literal retarded nigger. kys.

racism outside of /b/ is against the rules too ;)

cringe

calling someone a retarded nigger isn't racism

>Reddit communities on Dissent
>Reddit alternative
Sweaty, I think you're knocking on wrong door. Better leave, before I find out where you live.

Attached: 1545345834112.jpg (512x379, 17K)

this sounds liked a lovely platform

>Please sign in
>to see posts

Attached: le smirking rubbish man.jpg (300x400, 31K)

please point out the part where he announces anything you illiterate mongrel

You remade Voat?

Also, that quote is from a biography on Voltaire, not Voltaire himself.

Attached: heybuddy.jpg (480x360, 80K)

Any project or idea whose entire raison d'être is only "being not-X" will invariably fail, and will up to the point of failure host practically nothing but scum. ResetEra is a worse NeoGAF. Gab is a worse Twitter. Voat is basically just Reddit (and so can't get worse). Matrix ends up being just Discord but without the spyware (which is still horrible) despite the protocol being capable of doing something actually good, but the leads have no sense of direction.

This Dissent thing looks like it was made in an afternoon by following a PHP tutorial from 2009 with a layout taken from CoolHotFreeTemplates4U.com tacked on top. The whole thing reeks of desperation and misery. Please stop.

>principles of free speech, privacy and freedom.
>dissent.cx/s/nsfw
>Please sign in

Attached: 5l3pc.jpg (556x411, 25K)

>This Dissent thing looks like it was made in an afternoon by following a PHP tutorial from 2009 with a layout taken from CoolHotFreeTemplates4U.com tacked on top.
kek

You're bound to fail solely because you require people not to me anonymous. That and leddit is shit. Fuck yourself.

Attached: ENOUGH.jpg (750x391, 44K)

so that's what a true freedom looks like

Attached: firefox_2019-08-07_14-58-18.png (919x890, 267K)

well it seems to be gathering all the frogposters together in one place so i'm honestly cheering for you guys, keep doing god's work

beautiful

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (474x296, 21K)

it's the internets' /dev/null
(Jow Forums is the trash bin, people come to make sure there's still nothing important in there every so often)

It's almost like all frogposting 2016 tourists are more used to reddit's layout

Attached: 1536122722044.png (720x565, 308K)

it works for both discord and disqus

WE ARE GONNA MAKE IT!

Yay! Good for you guys :)

Now please stay.

>disqus
It's still online? How did they do it?

Unironically take this to Those guys are the ones who are really into this sort of shit.

>free speech
>pedos

Its pretty obvious what the site would be full of. Anything you need got say you can say here on Jow Forums, there's literally no need for a new site. you can be as racist as you like on Jow Forums, and as sexually explicit as you like on /b/

Unless you are a pedo there is no reason to not just use Jow Forums.

>Please sign in
Go fuck yourself.

>yeah, it's pro free speech, except not for pedos

Attached: 1528520572762.jpg (1125x1096, 240K)

Literally this

Free speech is only speech i personally agree with.
I'd personally ban any leftist poster on the site, and any rightist post too, hitler worship is out too as that spineless bunkercuck didn't go far enough.

fucking hypocrites

>I agree with free speech
>I'd ban opinions I don't like

Attached: 1525748021263.gif (380x270, 54K)

Shiggy

Attached: Screenshot_20190807-230732_Chrome.jpg (1439x220, 39K)

That's what i said.
"Free speech" is literally "speech that i agree with"
I agree with your speech? It's free speech and must be defended to the very last, no matter what, for is the speech of the virtuous and righteous and generally "good people speech"
I don't agree with your speech or belief? Then it's not free speech, it's worthless or actuively harmful and must be banned yesterday, seriously, you might as well shut up or be incarcerated for hate crimes, nothing of value would be lost anyway, stupid inferior un-person, a mosquito is more deserving of life than you'll ever be

If I disagree with what you say, I won't defend your right to say it lol. What the fuck would be the point of that.

>Definition of freedom of speech: the legal right to express one's opinions freely
One chromosome too much, aye?

Jow Forums is already a Reddit alternative, lol.

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh, that definition is so problematic and made by old, dead unwoke white males.
And after all, they are private companies, they can do whatever they want, just make your own [X]

oh baby checked

The problem with reddit is not infringement of freedom of speech. It's the fact that the upvote system leads to an echo chamber, and the lack of anonymity/karma system leads to people being disingenuous which hinders good discussion.

To prevent another 2016 and to prevent hurtful problematic hate speech

>muh pol
Fuck off back to your board, cancer.

Attached: fwoooosh.jpg (980x995, 123K)

Are pedophile WNs like myself welcome?

>Are pedophiles welcome
Sure thing pal! We defend anyone's rights to express themselves.

Baste and old hotwheels pilled

he's being extremely sarcastic

>two startups that arent making money

that got tens of millions from investment from their already millionaire creators.

You mean chinese government

>clearnet
instantly disqualified

These
Fuck off dumb nigger

Why you don't go back to where you came from?

Have people forgotten Voat?

i've never heard of it

>please sign in
Yeah nah fuck off

Please center the navbar and remove the 20px of useless white space between the navbar and first image. Also don't use PHP.

Voltaire never even said that, it was stated by an English writer named Evelyn Beatrice Hall in one of her books about Voltaire.

I agree with this man

Just make accounts based on IDs that can be regenerates as one likes or accesed by a hash.

How fucking hard can it be?

Attached: 1565162176902.jpg (720x926, 57K)

>free speech website
>post loli
>banned

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

>need account to even read shit
>content is literally Apustaja pics and infowars
kek

well that's your "free speech" websites for you. everyone just makes these so they can have alt-rite/extreme-left (pick one) safe space, otherwise wouldn't be happening

>posted 4 hours ago

Mods confirmed for being glowing Reddit plants.

This. What an absolute bullshit hurdle.

if you want these sites to not be "pepe.png was uploaded 1 month ago"
you need to market it as a real social platform, people will find out on their own that you dont censor

1. Stop using so much javascript, it’s unnecessary
2. Place the Voltaire quote at the top of the page, not bottom
3. I hate making accounts and refuse to do so, they’re a privacy and security nightmare

But he said I'd be welcome as a pedophile WN....

>Sweaty
Did you mean Sweetie?

Are you so retarded you need a /s?

Too many frogs

Dissent bans loli and shota 2D.
You’re literally just tend other side of the moralfag coin, fuck off. I’m not even a lolicon but see the irony in saying no rules free speech and then banning anime because think of the imaginary children

Even real children should be allowed. Cp laws are unconstitutional and only existed since the 80s.

Nothing on the internet should be criminalized

No one here cared when the Jow Forums alternative died. What do you expect the response would be to a reddit alternative?

Lmao. Cp hurts actual children so no, it shouldn't be allowed. I don't really care about your weird fetishes if it's only drawings, but actual cp will always be criminalized and there's nothing you can do about it (expect become a better person and realize how evil it is, and stop creating demand for it).

Attached: 1564802801069.jpg (766x960, 57K)

Media doesnt directly hurt anyone. How ironic you whine about people censoring things and being moral white knights when you do the exact same fucking thing.

Youre all hypocrites.

Everyone is doing what they think is the moral thing to do: the difference is that I don't believe censoring speech, and ideas, and drawings, to be the moral thing to do. On the contrary, it is very amoral.
But you have to realize that everyone, regardless of which side they on, pro-censoring SJW bullshit or pro-free speech, so long as they're rational humans beings, will agree that CP is amoral and evil. Because it is. Perhaps you should stop consuming media that directly provokes the abuse of more children just so you can get a nut.

>little boy's asshole getting expanded and pounded
>not directly hurt

>I dont believe cnensoring

You do. Youve literally just admitted it. Stop lying you idiot. Cp wasnt illegal until the 80s and the reasoning scotus used was blatantly not constitutional and the same reasoning can be used to censor hate speech or anything else.

>watching a video physically rapes someone

Please stop spewing your white knight low IQ rambling.

>Cp wasnt illegal until the 80s
perhaps because it's widespread dissemination and consumption by certain suck fucks wasn't a problem until then? has your high IQ pedo ass considered that?
you are clearly sick in the head and you cannot listen to reason, but that's alright because the fact that pedo faggots like you tend to be stupid means you'll get caught eventually, and I wish that day comes soon, because egotistical psychopathic fucks like you, who create demand for videos of children getting raped just because that's what turns you on, do not deserve to be a part of society
tl;dr: no one sympathizes with you, just fuck off already you pedo faggot

this