>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?&v=IhX0fOUYd8Q

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Minimum 30-60fps gaming. The stronger 3400G sells for $150. (R3K APUs OCs better than R2K)
>R5 2600 - 60fps+ gaming CPU with great value
>R5 3600 - Great gaming CPU
>R7 3700X - Overkill gaming CPU
>R7 1700X - Budget production
>R9 3900X - Professional tasks

RAM
>Do not use a single DIMM. 2 sticks for a typical dual channel CPU
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 3200CL16 or Micron E-die ("AES" in P/N) recommended
>AMD B & X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP
>B-die is EOL, stock is limited

GPUs based on current pricing
1080p
>RX 570/580 8GB - Can be found on sale/used for cheap. Look for 570s which are >1240MHz boost
>(GTX 1660TI @ ~$230/Vega56 @ ~$270) - higher fps / more demanding games
>RX 5700 - higher FPS
1440p
>RX 5700 - standard, 75-100FPS+
>RX 5700XT - higher fps
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2070S OC - budget option. Turing scales better into 4K than Navi does. OR upscale from lower resolution with RIS
>2080Ti - best for 4K but expensive

>Navi AIB models come within a week. 5700 non-XT blower is alright, due to low power.

General
>Yes, adaptive sync (free/g/sync) is important for gaming
>NVMe isn't better than SATA SSD for gaming
>Don't use Speccy
>Don't trust sites which rank CPUs by arbitrary, obfuscated scores (eg userbenchmark, passmark, cpuboss)
>AM4 VRMs + Monitors + SSD Guide under "more"

more: rentry.co/pcbg-more

Attached: 1564476856637.png (1080x1920, 680K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tradediscount.com/dell-optiplex-7010-desktop-i5-3470-8go-500go-windows-10-ecran-22-pouces-02td0995.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I emailed noctua about the new nh-d15 cooler and when it was coming out, they said they're currently targeting Q4 2019. price tbd. going to use the stock cooler on 3950x until it comes out I think.

Ahh, It all makes sense now. As a long time AMDfag, I had no idea. I thought people were just now getting woke that AMD is a superior product. I didnt know Intel was purposefully driving its self in to the dirt. Good riddance.

Attached: 1555533345783.jpg (640x540, 104K)

If so many are having problems with the new Ryzen, and you have to buy an overpriced mobo to prevent this, why are those CPUs still recommended so much?

Attached: considering.jpg (288x394, 34K)

Because we are surrounded by retards that even fight over window managers.

>Maximum CPU Cooler Height for the Corsair Carbide Spec 04 TG is listed as being 150mm
O RLY?

Attached: false advertising kissing the glass.jpg (760x427, 32K)

goal is 1080p 60fps ultra on current and next-gen games, ideally won't have to upgrade for quite a while
already have the case, graphics card, monitor and motherboard (supports FreeSync)

will probably upgrade the RAM to G. Skill Flare X if I need to upgrade anything later on
do I need a CPU cooler besides the stock? do I need a 650W PSU?

Attached: ao.png (621x601, 44K)

that's what I wanted to ask, I have an old haf 922 and I was using an hyper 212 evo which is 159mm with the fan, there is still at least 10cm or even more from the side. Does that mean I can mount the dark rock pro 4 or NH d15 ? they are 165mm

oops, meant that the monitor supports FreeSync of course

I didn't even screw in the motherboard yet, and not just because i can't figure out how for this particular case, likewise i still have room to fit the 120mm fans right above the heatsink

Attached: poverty motherboard standard insertion.jpg (760x427, 48K)

Looking to buy an used GPU to upgrade an older PC, which one is the safer bet?
Sapphire RX580 8GB Nitro+ SE, or MSI GTX1060 6GB GamingX

They cost the exact same. I'd favor the card with lower noise, but not if it's a significant performance loss.

The Static Pressure Fan mounted onto the heat sink is basically almost touching the glass in the picture so you'll have to measure it yourself with a placeholder object to simulate it's dimensions

>he fell for the AIR cooler meme

just to update now a few hours later, disabling XMP and running the multiplier manually with DRAM voltage set a littler higher seems to have done it. So, if you're having issues with 4 sticks of RAM on the new ryzen, try manually setting the speed and turning off XMP. This resolved the issue when even the very impressive DRAM calculator didn't. XMP is an intel standard from my understanding, so I guess...that.. makes sense.

the cpu are fine, the motherboard+bios are unstable

What B450 motherboard should i buy for my future R5 3600 build?
The MSI boards look good but the max versions aren't available in my country as of now.

>trying to take off the front panel of the carbide spec 04 tg for the first time to install fans
>they said this is easy to do and doesn't take much force
>had to wrestle with it harder than with the zalman z3 becuase of a lack of areas that i can grip
>manage to loosen the top left standoffs
>settle with pushing it out from the inside whilst grabbing it from the outside
>end up sending it flying across the room, out the door, and onto the ceramic tiles as it flips
>get a giant cut across my hand with swelling
>audible rage as i run to check to make sure the panel is intact and not full of scratches, chipped paint, and dents
>small areas of chipped paint and scrapes along corners in the top, small dents less than a mm in size
>one of the metal meshes holding back the mesh filter is cut and is laying on the floor
>has a sub mm displacement dot in the center
>otherwise the panel seems to be fine
YOU TOLD ME THIS CASE WOULD BE EASY TO MAINTAIN

Attached: 1548540530993.png (418x405, 396K)

Tomahawk normal is good and has BIOS Flashback, and the Pro Carbon AC is the best from what I understand (also has Flashback)
Tomahawk doesn't have wi-fi though, depends if you care

bet you have sub saharian genes

>that one fucking fan mounting screw which refuses to turn left and ends up getting mangled by the screwdriver

I'm lookin at getting an R5 3600 setup too.
If I understand correctly, getting a Tomahawk will prevent bios issues that appear with older mobos?
Might as well ask, what are some recommended RAM sticks for a setup like that? Is literally anything 3200 ok?

But what about the 16mb bios stuff?
Or the tomawahk has a bigger one?

Is there any automatic backup solution out there? A friend of mine lost all his data due to drive failure and now I'm paranoid about it happening to me too. I was considering upgrading my PC from a single drive for storage (OS and programs sit on a SSD) to a 3 drive RAID, but I've been suggested to do proper backup. Problem is that backup isn't constantly up to date and I know nothing about backing up data that isn't manually copypasting folders. Can anyone help?

Are RGB and tempered glass for autists and the mentality ill? They don't even have a practical application.

Attached: dark.jpg (712x720, 80K)

>GTX 1660TI @ ~$230
Where

Because those issues will 100% be fixed. The vast majority of launch problems are already fixed. 300 and 400 series boards have been getting the latest BIOS that fixed those problems.

What is the major problem that remains, anyway? You seem to know so much about them.

Noctua could charge $100 more just to have the d15 in black, and people would pay it.

yeah idk why so many of these specs are listed wrong.

Do you have local stores which can update the BIOS for free if you buy a board from them? If so do that and get the Steel Legend, TUF PRO, or something like that.
>If I understand correctly, getting a Tomahawk will prevent bios issues that appear with older mobos?
It actually has its own issue in the non-MAX in that MSI used really small ROM chips that struggles to hold a BIOS to support all the chips.
Some manufacturers were using 256MB EUFI(BIOS) ROM while MSI was only using 16MB, and upgraded to 32MB on the MAX.
No one makes a perfect board. They all cheap out in some way.

Am i fucked? How do i get it out now?

Attached: rip screw.jpg (240x427, 14K)

>They don't even have a practical application.

Found the autist lmao

put some rubber on top, like a rubber band, and try again

picture related
I've seen a few others.
It should have been the MSRP to start but Nvidia are jewing.
At the regular price, you're better off spending the $70 more for a much better and newer 5700.

Aw... you never had a handy father figure in your life teach you these things?
I'll teach you, user.

Attached: underlords_2019-08-06_23-30-31.png (2559x143, 411K)

>RGB
ooo look at all the pretty colors
>tempered glass
I can see the rainbow vomit now!

Attached: Huh.png (960x540, 1.17M)

>picture related

I can't even budge the screw no matter the size of the screw driver, and it seems that i can't even get a grip on it anymore as it's just been tearing away at it. I tried using a hammer for the screw and from the rear, counter rotating the frame of the fan, tried off angles, nothing. I'm worried i might have irreversibly damaged it. I can't even use a wrench from the front.

this build is more than capable of +100fps, i'd invest on a 144hz monitor

>LED Lights
Allow you to see inside your case easier and allows you to see the amount of dust particles in the air and other contaminants.
>Tempered Glass
Allows you to see inside the case and check the amount of dust, the integrity of the cable routing, or the state and appearance of components without taking off the panel. It's also practical for checking the airflow and air pressure using smoke from incense sticks.

Attached: NO.png (668x444, 234K)

>I tried using a hammer for the screw
lol
sounds like you've probably completely stripped it, does it turn and not come out or not turn. the nuclear option is to snap the plastic of the fan and then use a wrench on the screw head.

Oh woops

Attached: firefox_2019-08-07_08-57-47.png (1411x94, 36K)

Thinking of building a new pc with a R7 3700x and an AIB RX5700XT.

Unsure about which motherboard to go for. Someone recommended me to wait for the B450 tomahawk max release. Is it necessary if I don't plan to do any OC or bios stuff?

Attached: product_4_20190704114826_5d1d770a1c1dc.png (600x480, 299K)

It never turned in the first place, seems like i completely stripped it. I forgot i had duct tape next to me. Let me try again. If not than whatever, the stock fan can go to hell despite being a white LED. Albeit 1300 RPM iirc. So it's useless anyway considering i have 1400 RPM fans for 5$ each, with a greater capacity to move air and also far quieter.

>had Ryzen 1 at launch, was decent, bit lack luster
>Bought Ryzen 3xxx at launch
>Plagued by system hangs and crashes
>End up returning it all and getting my 9900k/Z390
>Apparently there's ANOTHER flaw available for Intel now
It's all just so tiresome. Im unironically about to return this 9900k and get a 2700X/X470 build. Most modern non Intel system that doesn't idle at 1.5v. fuck this shit already

Attached: 1564608930425.jpg (467x573, 31K)

Is the RX 5700 XT suitable for Professional Tasks? Or should i go with the Radeon VII instead?

consumer whore

vega is rather power hungry, so going for a gold rated 650w PSU is completely fine. PSUs are the most long lived part in your build anyways, so investing a little bit more on a better rated PSU is fine, since I'll save you some money in the long run.

tradediscount.com/dell-optiplex-7010-desktop-i5-3470-8go-500go-windows-10-ecran-22-pouces-02td0995.html

Can I stick a 1660ti in there for comfy 1080p/1440p gaeming?

>Wanting non flawed hardware that actually works makes me a consumer whore
OK

I can choose between which GPU,CPU,RAM to get but I am totally lost with Motherboards.

So let's say I go with Z390, but even then there's the: Gigabyte Z390 UD, or the MSI Z390-A PRO.

I would like to spend the least, but I have a gaming PC with a GTX 1070 and an i7.7700 with 16 GB of RAM.

40€ might not be much of a difference for some but right now they are, so I am not sure about which model to go with.

none of those are legitimate problems or cause for replacement, you're just a consumer whore

2920X or 3900X for gaming? The 2920x is 200 Euros cheaper than 3900X and I doubt that AM4 platform will get something better than 2990WX which I'll probably pick up later on if I go with TR4 since I'll be keeping this system for awhile

>had Ryzen 1 at launch, was decent, bit lack luster
>Bought Ryzen 3xxx at launch
the fact that you didn't specify models and motherboards, even typing 3xxx instead of a model number, is how it was obvious you were lying
just advice for your next larp

>tfw mid-range gpu means $500 now
t-thanks nvidia

Attached: 0EbcANZ.jpg (900x960, 108K)

>nvidia
>mid range
bruh moment

lol I remember buying the gtx 970 for 400 leaf bucks which was like 300 usd, and then when the bitcoin craze happened 3 years later it sold for more used than I bought it new 3 years before

I managed to find something in the toolbox that's currently available to get a grip on the head of the screw, but i still can't turn it. Should i end my starvation, go eat something and keep trying with my fingers or look for a wrench?

Attached: flaot.jpg (240x427, 14K)

when you hammered it you probably smashed it together with the case, that's what fucked you up

RTX 2070's are midrange cards.

anyone?

jesus christ

>Is it necessary
absolutely not

The case is intact, i barely hammered with much force at all.

no I mean the threads got smashed together, the threads of the screw and the case threads. it doesn't take much for them to bind.

>Noctua could charge $100 more just to have the d15 in black, and people would pay it.

thats exactly what they are doing

Attached: 11276-NoctuaD15PremiumChromaxBundle.jpg (1000x1350, 466K)

I need to find a 140mm non modular PSU around 500W

I've been looking at tier lists but best I can find are ones in the budget tier or lower.

Any suggestions?

Attached: bequiet-pure-power-11-main-large.jpg (1683x1167, 222K)

damn thats even more uglier than poo colour scheme

>implying everything has to be rainbow

I have a white led strip hidden in the top of my case that slightly lights the inside, and white text along my gpu. Please see someone about your autism. p.s anime only makes you worse

there's a revised version of the cooler with an extra heatpipe on both sides and more fins

If I'm going to watercool the 5700xt should I wait for the aibs?

>a single ebay listing

its nowhere near that price right now

you wont get far in terms of 1440p, unless you enjoy 30fps.

Get a useless bic pen
Flame one of the sides a little until it starts to melt
Press it against the screw until it gets cold
Congrats, now you have a plastic screwdriver shaped exactly like the thing you want to remove.

>a used zotac on ebay
c'mon breh

it doesnt matter

What should I get?

so what make's you think it won't get a chromax kit when its released?

Attached: computex_2019_140mm_d_type_coolers.jpg (474x356, 67K)

Thanks!

Another question for Anons which is the best x570 itx board right now? Leaning towards the gigabyte aorus

Inb4
>gigabyte

>Tfw have a I5 4690K that clocks like shit(4.3GHz @1.293V)
Thinking of buying a Gigabyte X570 Extreme and use a 3700x for a year. Next Year maybe the highest clocked Ryzen 4000 CPU

Look at benchmarks for what you use.

No, it means $350.

It's new, retard. ebay is a marketplace for new stuff like Amazon.

two ASRock boards are compelling, one for having thunderbolt and another for using Intel cooler mounting for a lot of low profile coolers that don't have AM4 brackets.

Even a 3600 would be a huge upgrade. A lot of people don't seem to get this. The 3600 is equivalent today to what Intel used to sell as a high end $350 CPU at the time 2+ years ago.

So reading about the new vulnerability, Intel is apparently affected (surprise) and AMD is supposedly affected, but they say they're not. In layman's terms, as an end user, will I be hindered? I own an i9-9900k

>as an end user, will I be hindered? I own an i9-9900k
yes

5700 when? Can't finish my build and it is gathering dust on the corner of my bedroom

I'm scared to even ask this but... is there any good gaming and work laptop that is 144hz?
I got a nice gaming PC but I might move often between places and idk how to transport it.
I could either get a cheap thinkpad to bring to work and transport my pc to the apartment via one of those shipping companies idk or get an all in one laptop that does it all... but I also know for a fact gaming laptops are shit and overheat also overpriced

>good gaming laptop
none

Planning on getting a 5700xt for my build. What kind of fire extinguisher is best?

Yeah could very well be like that. Thank God I waited and have not bought into a Intel Platform again. It's too funny I bought the 4690k at a Time when it costed like 275€ and now the 3600 is 206€. Anyways thx user

>Gigabyte X570 Extreme
based

>cpus cost less than 5 years ago
wow who would have thought

mount a fire extinguisher ball next to it in your case

Attached: Fire-Protection-ElideFire-3.jpg (600x600, 126K)

brainlet

>2600k
>$320
>7700k, 5 years later
>$350
They weren't costing less. You're retarded.

Attached: manlets get.png (1247x864, 1.31M)

>Gigabyte X570 Extreme
Guys here claiming that Giga boards are bricking easy with small adjustments
Still no one has listed the top board vendors currently
I don't know who to believe anymore the shilling is too damn intense

thats actually impressive when you factor inflation in and the fact that graphics card average price have only been increasing over the years

Attached: UNhRhL5cp7xyieqRTYtjhGoBwPEO8kJ1IDUxuyJX40E.jpg (480x360, 48K)

the xtreme is by far the best selling high end motherboard, I talked to my canada computers store about it and they said they couldn't believe how much they're selling given it's over $900 cad

Baste!

pretty much all the names that get thrown around here are the "top board vendors". There are probably only 4-5 vendors worth considering anyway. People are just nitpicking and shilling. Its better to compare individual boards than brandwhoring anyway

Attached: Ryzen 3000 Readybanner.jpg (2000x800, 1.11M)

>Still no one has listed the top board vendors currently
nobody really knows. not even professional reviewers. nobody will really know until like 6 months from now. from what it looks like so far I'd say gigabyte is on top.

Can I buy this and not regret my purchase.
I'm going for 1440p 60fps
Was going for the Meshify C, but the R6 was half off.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-07 System Builder - Ryzen 7 3700X 3 6 GHz 8-Core, GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB VEN (798x563, 40K)

you have a 570 board so at least consider a pcie4 ssd. also I'd go for a gigabyte motherboard based on what I've seen so far.

>comparing cpus with 100% performance difference
Most retarded post I have seen in a while

Attached: ca9.jpg (750x705, 93K)

I have the same CPU and case and cooler as you user. The Define R6 is pretty good but the case fans feel very cheap to be honest, not enough airflow inside the case which makes my GPU too toasty for my liking (1080Ti Aorus). Most likely I will replace the fans. Also an advice, don't bother using the fan hub in the back, it is useless and you cannot control the fan speed with it.

Current cpus are better and cheaper than cpus from 5 years ago
What dont you understand retard?