Robotic tails

and augmentations are technology, discuss please.
youtu.be/Tr1-IhEhXYQ

Attached: 0_JIP_CHP_060819Tail-_1253JPG.jpg (615x346, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0DsKaphCrFA
youtube.com/watch?v=g3AcL-LBqwE
youtube.com/watch?v=3vIwNyqIceE
youtu.be/a6mRhuR_g-E?t=48
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If you can give me an exoskeleton to fix my pelvic tilt and back problems I'd pay a gorillian dollars for it.

Only a furry would care about those.

nice and uhh what about robotic cat ears?
asking for a friend

>so much commercial applications
>lel only a furfag dogfucker would care xD
the state of Jow Forums

Those exist, with brainwave scanner to wiggle when you're happy.

You know the tubbers got your're rubber you know hes going to tub you, hes tubbing right behind you, hes tubbing at your're door...

OwO I'd like both of those things to react to emotions and brain impulses just like another limbs the potential would be just too adorable.

a gorillian? where are they from?

Yes and furries are fucking rich

>mfw I know if enjoy those way to much
I don't want to be one of them.

Attached: 1565128918383.png (1280x715, 782K)

The seed is already inside

NOOOOO

Attached: 1556639332485.gif (720x960, 812K)

have you seen the size of the compressor that's needed to run those tails?

get back to us when they aren't tethered.

What would one have to do to get into bionics and human augmentation technology? What field of engineering is that kind of stuff even classified as?

Bioengineering?

what happens when furfags get an engineering degree.
Honestly I want a prehensile tail directly connected to my nervous system (neuralink)
also two additional tentacle hands pls

I'm fine with the tail but I'd rather get extra hands than fucking tentacles.

I meant tentacles with hands-like thingy at the end of them, ie. smaller tentacles.
I think we have the technology to make tentacles that can be both rigid like a bone when needed and elastic in all directions. A perfect 3d manipulator

So like the dude from Spiderman?

I didn't watch spiderman so I have no idea what you mean.

I think they call him Dr. Octopus? I'm not sure I don't know jack or shit about western comics.

ok found it
youtube.com/watch?v=0DsKaphCrFA
yeah something like that, except with smaller tentacle fingers at the end

As a furry I'd rather get dem legs. Tails aren't super useful.

what do you mean by legs?
you can't have a design that's too different and continue to be bipedal

Attached: 1562569097876.png (858x490, 219K)

discern fiction from reality
there are physical constraints on the system. You need bigger feet to be able to lean forward more. The moment your center of gravity is in front of your toes you start falling. A small paw would be horrible.

These already work better than real legs. Mechanized version could help with stability.

Attached: 1554722745924.png (1280x720, 899K)

combine it with a weighty tail to maintain balance then

Attached: 4biuwnvyha1z.png (2000x2300, 1.28M)

And this worked better in football, so much that it was banned. Basically human feet are trash.

Attached: 1548674338644.png (320x240, 170K)

Maybe have something like a kangaroo tail so you wouldn't even need chairs.

youtube.com/watch?v=g3AcL-LBqwE

This is better. 2 extra arms that can be wirelessly controlled.

>The Sam Raimi movies
Yes

Do you know how easy this shit is to make? It's like 120 of PLA (plus print time) surgical tubing, and some wire sleeve. Then lol 1500 dollars worth of fittings and a compressor, but no part of this is well designed or well built, you can duplicate this in your house for beans. It's not even technology, it's technology LARP.

First, that's not a paw, it's foot sized.
It's better for running on flat non slippery surface only.
Completely useless eg. in the mountains.
You need something that's versatile.

Evolution really isn't stupid. The lack of tail could be explained as an energy tradeoff, but not feet. You would need something not seen in nature, but most likely it's easier to improve the current design by adding energy storage capabilities (storing energy from gravity and momentum movements rather than wasting it on heat) rather than something entirely new.

If superconductors that work at ~50 and below were to be found, you could make a human form that moves without losses except for air resistance and contract friction.
I guess it would work, much larger energy cost though
>Dempsey was born without toes on his right foot and no fingers on his right hand.
better for kicking, sure, worse for anything else.

>Completely useless eg. in the mountains.
Paws are as good and hooves are better than feet in the mountains. Animal legs are also WAY better at storing and releasing energy. Human legs and spine have adapted somewhat to dissipate it instead.

Attached: 1552356433732.png (1600x1228, 3.28M)

Who the fuck edited the video to have the music volume set to 100% for fuck's sake?

Humans are much better and faster at free climbing than they are. Hooves suck except for the fact than they are hard and can withstand rocks, but that's not a problem if you can use synthetic materials.
>Animal legs are also WAY better at storing and releasing energy
The issue is in bipedalism, if you are willing to accept walking on four legs I agree paws are better.

>I guess it would work, much larger energy cost though
Maybe in the corner case where you're simply leaning forward. Even then you lean much further forward with a counterbalance. Also it could produce counterrotaion during walking practically for free.

Humans are better at climbing due to their hands, not feet. Bipedalism's only issue is stability. With paws you trade stability of standing still for stability of walking when compared to feet. Feet also have too many bones and tendons.

I looked at how they work and it's a hybrid between paws and hooves, amazing.
So hooves for durability and pads for grip. No need for the hoof part with synthetic materials

Attached: 1537712516626.png (468x362, 477K)

Mountains aren't the only thing you can climb and humans suck at it too.
youtube.com/watch?v=3vIwNyqIceE

So now that we got ears, tails and to a large proportion hands, what's next to become a full blown mecha furry, teeth?

Dicks.

>Humans are better at climbing due to their hands, not feet
ie. prehensile
That's why the ideal appendage is a flexible tentacle with smaller tentacles at the end, but very hard and optionally stiff. Prehensile, durable and strong at the same time.
Add the ability to make the tip of the fingers sharp and you can climb a tree easily too, also kill enemies like in a horror movie

Tentacles are the future

Attached: 1549014859836.png (256x256, 115K)

Tentacles aren't stiff enough, bones and joints are still a necessity.

Actually...
Wasnt there plans somewhere for a cyber cock?

We already got artificial dicks with all kinds of automation for quite a while now though.

I need a full pic for... reasons.

I'd love to have the answer to that, but there seems to be no conclusive answer as most people have backgrounds on different things
Electrical engineering
Mechanical engineering
Robotics
Biomedics

I'd like to have a better answer than that.

Fuck yeah, imagine not worrying about finding a place to sit anywhere like waiting lines or overcrowded placed because you can literally sit on your thicc ass tail forming a trĂ­pode, you could even do the double kick roos do so effortlessly

Make it strong enough to tackle people effortlessly.

i sell you one for a brazilian dollars

Biomechatronics is kind of a field, The real answer, as the another user pointed out, is that if you want to do reasearch you end up dual-triple majoring and then doing a PhD. Major-mino MechE and Bio then go to biomechatronics, Dual major MechE EE then same thing, some combination of any of them. Or straight up medical. In theory you'll be working in a team but it's important to understand what the fuck is going on, and you'll be competing with people who have done all this. MIT Media Lab does 90% of the research in this field right now (at least the research that gets results) and iirc they have a page that lists what they're looking for in applicants.

...soon...

Attached: Doctor Octopus smile.jpg (1280x720, 115K)

Stretch hips, stretch quads, stretch hamstrings, strengthen abs. You're welcome.

Retard

Yeah that flaccid weight flailing around looks like it would help so much with balance. Demo it on a balance beam or something, I'd like to see it. McKibben pneumatic muscles have been around since the 1950s, once you take that away you're left with a brace, some cheap 3D printing, off the shelf pneumatic fittings, and presumably non-functional balance software since they actually just completely fucked the musculature. It's a floppy, tepid LARP that does not function and does not actually have any novel design features or design implementations. Their pneumatic muscles don't have the strength to even lift themselves without the vertebrae.
youtu.be/a6mRhuR_g-E?t=48
Example of big brain fluid musculature.

dr octagonapus
brraaawrwrwghhrghr

>Let me just strap a pipe bomb to my asshole so I can be king of the furries

FUCKING FURRIES NECK YOURSELVES