I want this shit off my phone, but all my friends and family use it now...

I want this shit off my phone, but all my friends and family use it now. What's an alternative that can interface with whatsapp without being whatsapp?

Attached: soon-873316_1280.png (1280x1280, 172K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/tulir/mautrix-whatsapp
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

stop talking with them

That's an answer like work around it.

SMS?

Sorry to let you know but there are no alternatives. You just gotta live with it.

Worry about your gmail instead my dude.

Telegram is pretty ok

Already bad enough I use hangouts
I refuse to put this garbage on any device of mine.

Not trying to insult anyone but all of my psycho friends use whatsapp. I've set them up with hangout numbers but they always return to that ad filled stupid shit.

Years or WEEKS later they return complaining about fagapp and its problems then ask what I'm using.

I don't have those friends anymore. I just don't associate with anyone that can't provide for themselves. I've used the botnet and its free service for 8 years now.

Nvm, i am retarded

You can use it through Matrix if you're willing and able to host your own homeserver and bridge. github.com/tulir/mautrix-whatsapp

I stopped using Whatsapp when I found out people are using and trading reaction images.

I don't need that shit in my life.

this, telegram is becoming increasingly popular among normies who want "privacy".

Is this for real? I have never used it, but holly crap if true.

Profiling wise, whatsapp isn't that bad.

just accept it. i had to switch to it recently too, to video chat to my nieces. 7 and 1 years old. What am I gonna do, say sorry I'm not chatting to you because of >le botnet? Fuck it.

Make good tech choices where you can, but don't sweat it and don't get too autistic about it, especially when family is involved. At the end of the day life is about living, not sitting in your basement and autistically tweaking software and hiding from DA J00Z.

Yeah, is called stickers or something like that. I saw a girl exchanging a bunch of them with her friend group.

I might be being too much of normie, but I think those things are fucking brilliant

Telegram's defaults are shoddy.
If you have to use an alternative mode to truly have secure, end2end encrypted communication, your app might as well not have secure comms for the majority of users who are never going to bother using "private chat" instead of regular chats.

whatsapp doesn't have ads

>not beating your nieces with a belt into using FOSS chatting software
you're a very bad uncle.

cringe

Thanks nigga!
This is the only reason of this thread right?

Like this Jow Forumsentooman said, just have an spare (almost always turned off) with removable battery i.e. Samsung S4 and install all your spyware-based apps on it and remove battery when in no use

I don't own a smartphone.
I tell people they can call me, text me, or email me.

If they start freaking out because I'm not up to date with tech fashion I politely tell them to cry me a river.

It is so popular among Indians